What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the most overrated player in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Who is the NFL's most overrated player

• Michael Vick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warren Sapp

• Lavar Arrington

• Keyshawn Johnson

• Tom Brady

• Ray Lewis

• Champ Bailey

• Brian Urlacher

• Peyton Manning

• (other)

• Total voters
Don't wanna pick on anyone up there, but I'm so sick of hearing about John Lynch I could scream. White, slow guy, hits people, cant cover John Madden = tough, hardnose player.

Don't wanna pick on anyone up there, but I'm so sick of hearing about John Lynch I could scream. White, slow guy, hits people, cant cover John Madden = tough, hardnose player.
dude was a monster up until 2002.

Arrington. Makes the Pro-Bowl every year based on name alone. The Redskins D has been killer without him.. that describes overrated to me.Edited to add: undrafted free agent Antonio Pierce will finish with more tackles this year than LaVar has had in any of his five NFL seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, I think Brett Favre is probably the most overrated player by the average fan.
Wow, I'm a die hard Vikings fan and even I almost blew milk out my nose when I saw this. Favre is one of the best QBs of all time, yes he has his bad games but who not named P. Manning doesn't.Far as LT2 goes sounds to me like someone finaly got him on his team this year and instead of the 30+ PPG he was expecting is only getting 17 PPG with the occasional 25. Just so I'm not only ripping on others opinions I'll give mine.Aaron Brooks - this guy is as inconsistant an NFL QB as you will find. The guy will throw a 40 yard bullet between two defensers one play, take a 17 yard sack the next, over throw a guy by 20 yards (not kidding), follwed by a fumble after that. Fantasy people get too caught up in numbers when it comes to QBs. C-Pep for example until this year has been horrid. Never had we witnessed a come from behind victory and far to often saw a plethera of turnovers in close game to lose them. He put up great fantasy numbers though so anyone not watching vikings games every week thought he was god.On the opposite side I get really sick of people thinking Tom Brady is overhyped because he doesn't put up great numbers and has won 2 super bowls. Watch the guy play and you will be impressed. Topics like this need to specify whether they are talking fantasy or real life because it seems like only half the people in here realize there is a differnce. Players like Vick and Rothlesburger are winners and that's what matters the most.
GB has a .500 record at home and has been beat by inferior teams at home plus Farve has single handily either cost them terrible loses or played a big part in them losing but still is regarded as a top QB. His stats and play this year don't back that up.

Finally, I think Brett Favre is probably the most overrated player by the average fan.
Wow, I'm a die hard Vikings fan and even I almost blew milk out my nose when I saw this. Favre is one of the best QBs of all time, yes he has his bad games but who not named P. Manning doesn't.Far as LT2 goes sounds to me like someone finaly got him on his team this year and instead of the 30+ PPG he was expecting is only getting 17 PPG with the occasional 25. Just so I'm not only ripping on others opinions I'll give mine.Aaron Brooks - this guy is as inconsistant an NFL QB as you will find. The guy will throw a 40 yard bullet between two defensers one play, take a 17 yard sack the next, over throw a guy by 20 yards (not kidding), follwed by a fumble after that. Fantasy people get too caught up in numbers when it comes to QBs. C-Pep for example until this year has been horrid. Never had we witnessed a come from behind victory and far to often saw a plethera of turnovers in close game to lose them. He put up great fantasy numbers though so anyone not watching vikings games every week thought he was god.On the opposite side I get really sick of people thinking Tom Brady is overhyped because he doesn't put up great numbers and has won 2 super bowls. Watch the guy play and you will be impressed. Topics like this need to specify whether they are talking fantasy or real life because it seems like only half the people in here realize there is a differnce. Players like Vick and Rothlesburger are winners and that's what matters the most.
GB has a .500 record at home and has been beat by inferior teams at home plus Farve has single handily either cost them terrible loses or played a big part in them losing but still is regarded as a top QB. His stats and play this year don't back that up.
Yep, just another top 10 season for Favre in which he took the Packers to the playoffs. He's washed up :no:

taking a team who most likely could be a .500 team and has a .500 record at home means he shouldn't be considered overrated? :mellow:

it sucks with and without. rex grossman had more to do with chicago wins than urlacjer. ditto for t.jones.chicago caught lightning in a bottle a few years back. they have sucked ever since
Look at the Bears records on the teams Butkus played on. They were awful. Did that mean Butkus was overrated?
Bears with Urlacher - 5-4Bears without Urlacher - 0-4The numbers speak for themselves - although it isn't all due to Urlacher, I would say that a lot of their wins WERE due to Urlacher. The Packers and Vikings games he basically took the games over defensively.Strip of Ahman green at the goalline - returned for TDInterception of Culpepper on the goallineThe guy is a playmaker :popcorn:
The problem is not that Urlacher is a bad player, he isn't, but that the media builds him up to the greatest that have ever played and he just isn't that good. People have made him out to be better than he really is which is the definition of over-hyped.

I think I'm going to choose LaDanian Tomlinson as most overrated because I'm considering the audience as the fantasy sports players. He may have been hurt this year in a nagging sort of way, but I don't think he performed up to the consensus expectations for him.
Wow, you sure have some lofty expectations. Despite his injury troubles, he's sitting on top of the RB leader board in my league.
Maybe he is comparing it to the projections most had. Ya know the 2400+ yds and 20 tds that most projected for him this season in the spotlight thread.
Exactly. I'm not basing it on my expectations but on what was common at the start of the year.
That's valid.But, what one RB would you most want in a redraft for next year, or a dynasty league?The one RB that everyone has to list as a top 3 for both of those answers is LT. Does that make him overrated?
Umm no, I would want Willis. Yes in both, but especially in a dynasty.
Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard - Willis "bum knee" McGahee over Ladainian "the new 22" Tomlinson :rotflmao:

how does vick not live up to the hype?

look at ATL's record with him as a starter and without. any questions?
Just one. How come whenever people bring up the record deal with Vick they never bring up the fact the other QBs the Falcons had last year were pathetic and because of that Atlanta had virtually no chance at winning whatsoever? Not to knock Vick, but something tells me if he got hurt again this year the Falcons would fare MUCH better than they did a year ago.
becasue they have basically the same players this year as last year. vick makes thier defense better too. cant explain it, but look at the defensive stats with him in the lineup and without.
I'm not knocking Vick's importance to the team. I agree they are obviously much better with him than without him.However, the Atlanta backup QB situation was a joke last year. No way that team wins with what they had. I think they have a very good chance of winning games this year with Shaub at QB. That's a HUGE difference between the two teams in my opinion.
One thing that people overlook about Vick is the way he helps the team use up the clock. By running for 1st downs he keeps the clock moving and lets the defense rest more. The reason the Falcons defense is so good that that they don't get as worn out as other teams since they are on the field less. I don't have the stats as far as time of possesion and numbers of plays by the defense, but I think the numbers would back me up.

I just got done reading the Sporting News article pertaining to the subject at hand, and while I don't necessarily disagree, I must admit being surprised that Brian Urlacher came out on top.I really couldn't argue with the All Overrated Team from top to bottom, a pretty spot on list.

rayray has his own expectations to live up to, that he created, not some talking heads. thats whats happens when you win a super bowl and a super bowl mvp and a defensive player of the year award. singletary couldnt carry his jock, even buddy ryan thought so. and buddy ryan coached mike singletary
:rotflmao: So absurd, a response fails me.

rayray has his own expectations to live up to, that he created, not some talking heads. thats whats happens when you win a super bowl and a super bowl mvp and a defensive player of the year award. singletary couldnt carry his jock, even buddy ryan thought so. and buddy ryan coached mike singletary
Well, we've got a guy who thinks Urlacher is a God. That's a touch over-rated, imho.

rayray has his own expectations to live up to, that he created, not some talking heads. thats whats happens when you win a super bowl  and a super bowl mvp and a defensive player of the year award. singletary couldnt carry his jock, even buddy ryan thought so. and buddy ryan coached mike singletary
Well, we've got a guy who thinks Urlacher is a God. That's a touch over-rated, imho.
:rotflmao: :boxing: :rotflmao:

Users who are viewing this thread