What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Will Dissly? (3 Viewers)

Will Dissly caught all five of his targets for 50 yards and two touchdowns in the Seahawks' Week 2 win over the Steelers.

Still not 100% recovered from his 2018 knee injury, Dissly seems to pop out of nowhere for big games. He caught a pair of red-zone touchdowns in this one from 14 and 12 yards out. Dissly's 6'4/265 frame sticks out in the scoring area when Russell Wilson is looking for big targets. Dissly isn't yet someone to chase in fantasy outside of TE-premium leagues.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:04 PM ET

It looks like he has recovered from his injury and Wilson likes him. He will probably be TD dependent but he is a low end TE1 in 12 team leagues.

Will Dissly corralled six catches for 62 yards and a touchdown on seven targets Sunday in Seattle’s Week 3 loss to the Saints.

His touchdown, a four-yarder from Russell Wilson, came on the final play of regulation. That marked Dissly's third touchdown in two weeks and his fifth in seven NFL appearances. He's not breaking any yardage records but the 2018 fourth-rounder makes for a perfectly suitable tight-end streamer. We'll see how he fares next week against a Cardinals defense that's been eaten alive by tight ends including Greg Olsen (6-72-1), Mark Andrews (8-112-1) and T.J. Hockenson (6-131-1).

Sep 22, 2019, 8:59 PM ET

First 2 games as a rookie TD-TD, we know the rest of that story

This year he manages to have two very strong weeks B2B again. I think you have to start looking at this as a possible low side TE1. Most of the damage though I think was 2nd half and they were playing from behind, just a few notes for some perspective. 

Wow. Glad I scooped him up in a couple of leagues after he passed through blind bidding, he could end up being a top 10 TE. 

I was sceptical about this guy last year when he had a few great games as a rookie before getting hurt. Now he is doing it again. Consistent production gets my attention. This guy is for real.

Salivating at next weeks matchup against the cards. Whiffed on my TE selection so here’s to hoping dissly keeps it going. 

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

TEs against the Cardinals:

Week 1 - TJ Hockenson - 6/131/1

Week 2 - Mark Andrews - 8/112/1*

Week 3 - Greg Olsen - 6/75/2

*Hayden Hurst also had a TD

Week 4 opponent - Will Dissly

Dissly offers a weapon coming out of a run blocking TE position in this offense. It's not fun watching him pass block on certain downs, it's not a given he is always running routes. 

Seattle was down 30-7 in the 4th? Wilson had over 400 yds, almost 50 FF points in my league, that's not normal and that's not the Seattle recipe for success. 

I think when they get the running game cranked up that Dissly will see a drop in stats. 

-At the same time Seattle is overrated IMO. They won by the skin of their teeth Week 1. Had a difficult time putting Pittsburgh away as they lost their starting QB for the season and then sent away their No 1 to the tanking Miami Dolphins(I just like waiving that pick around). The point is Seattle is looking like an 8-8 team that can get to 10 if things go right but that means they will be in some shootouts and I believe that means more good games for Will. 

-If he hits 12-15+ 5-6 more times over the next 10 weeks he will make owners very happy. He is a dark horse to make the top 10 for the season but he is looking more like a potential player. He doesn't have the speed of most TEs, h isn't going to outrun anyone but he gets open a lot as defenses fall asleep watching him help along the OL until they let him run a route. 

32nd against the TE position @AZ this should be a top 5-10 play this week.

Drafted Henry and then V.McDonald so this is a need as much as anything. 

Injuries have pushed him into the top 12

Drafted Henry and then V.McDonald so this is a need as much as anything. 

Injuries have pushed him into the top 12
HA-HA!! I drafted Henry & picked up McDonald last week too. I need to overspend on the WW to make sure I get Dissly this week. I like that the Seahawks have a week 11 bye

Ministry of Pain said:
Dissly offers a weapon coming out of a run blocking TE position in this offense. It's not fun watching him pass block on certain downs, it's not a given he is always running routes. 

Seattle was down 30-7 in the 4th? Wilson had over 400 yds, almost 50 FF points in my league, that's not normal and that's not the Seattle recipe for success. 

I think when they get the running game cranked up that Dissly will see a drop in stats. 

-At the same time Seattle is overrated IMO. They won by the skin of their teeth Week 1. Had a difficult time putting Pittsburgh away as they lost their starting QB for the season and then sent away their No 1 to the tanking Miami Dolphins(I just like waiving that pick around). The point is Seattle is looking like an 8-8 team that can get to 10 if things go right but that means they will be in some shootouts and I believe that means more good games for Will. 

-If he hits 12-15+ 5-6 more times over the next 10 weeks he will make owners very happy. He is a dark horse to make the top 10 for the season but he is looking more like a potential player. He doesn't have the speed of most TEs, h isn't going to outrun anyone but he gets open a lot as defenses fall asleep watching him help along the OL until they let him run a route. 
Well I'llllllll be MoP. Great analysis. I had the balls to start him last week after having lost Njoku. Granted the TD came on the last play of the game. 

Picked him off the FA for free in another league dropped Herndon for him??? I'll be curious as to who has the better 3/4 of the rest of the season.

Then outbid a FAAB by $3 for Olsen last week. Very profitable return so far.

Got Andrews after week 1 as well.

Who's Will Dissly? Just ask MoP. Thanks, I'll be watching. Right now he's a bottom TE 1 (12) / top TE 2 (13) it appears to be.

Well I'llllllll be MoP. Great analysis. I had the balls to start him last week after having lost Njoku. Granted the TD came on the last play of the game. 

Picked him off the FA for free in another league dropped Herndon for him??? I'll be curious as to who has the better 3/4 of the rest of the season.

Then outbid a FAAB by $3 for Olsen last week. Very profitable return so far.

Got Andrews after week 1 as well.

Who's Will Dissly? Just ask MoP. Thanks, I'll be watching. Right now he's a bottom TE 1 (12) / top TE 2 (13) it appears to be.
Thank You much, try to stick with the stats/facts when I can.

I'm also going to drop McDonald tonight and grab Herndon from the Jets. Darnold's return has me optimistic that the Jets will be different in a couple weeks and into the 2nd half of the season. Hoping Dissly/Herndon can offer some stability. 

There's a big uproar here in AZ about the Cardinals not being able to stop the TE this year as well as in previous years. I can see them this week really selling out to stop Dissly while leaving Lockett and DK to run wild on the outside.

Dissly will never be a top FF asset, but it was obvious last year he has some ability & is in a plus situation.

His production will likely go down as teams key on him more, but given the relative lack of production at the position, Dissly has a chance to be a decent long-term TE2.

There's a big uproar here in AZ about the Cardinals not being able to stop the TE this year as well as in previous years. I can see them this week really selling out to stop Dissly while leaving Lockett and DK to run wild on the outside.
Using that logic you can use that against any defense running last in the NFL be it pass or run...it's not logical that they would sell out to stop Dissly at the expense of allowing their wideouts freedom in the secondary...Dissly doesn't run seam routes that I've seen. We're not talking about Travis Kelce or Zac Ertz here, this is a totally different TE that many times isn't out in routes so there's nothing for AZ to "Sell Out" to stopping...in fact that would back fire if they got caught selling out and Dissly wasn't even in a pass pattern. 

SO what round did you get DK in? He went waivers Week 1 in my league. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Using that logic you can use that against any defense running last in the NFL be it pass or run...it's not logical that they would sell out to stop Dissly at the expense of allowing their wideouts freedom in the secondary...Dissly doesn't run seam routes that I've seen. We're not talking about Travis Kelce or Zac Ertz here, this is a totally different TE that many times isn't out in routes so there's nothing for AZ to "Sell Out" to stopping...in fact that would back fire if they got caught selling out and Dissly wasn't even in a pass pattern. 

SO what round did you get DK in? He went waivers Week 1 in my league. 
Sure, that makes sense. I've been following the Cardinals for 30 years, most of the things they do don't make sense. I have Dissly and do not own DK or Lockett. I would not be surprised if they make it a point to shut down Dissly. But I do agree with you that that strategy would be bad. Dissly is not the same kind of TE as Hock, Andrews or Olson. With that being said I guess those guys having success running down the seam doesn't mean Dissly will have a good day since he doesn't run those routes.

Dissly is the guy sitting on my bench since his week 1 explosion who I hope keeps this schtick up through week 11 so I can fill-in for Engram. :wub:  

Said nobody, ever.   :D
At this week's Cardinals defensive strategy meeting, Vance Joseph, "I'm tired of hearing how we can't stop tight ends! We're going to put a linebacker and a safety and slide a corner over to stop Dissly". Kingsbury, " Do you really think that would be a good idea". Joseph, " I know what I'm doing dammit! I used to be a head coach!"

Who am I kidding, it wouldn't go down like that......Kingsbury wouldn't be in that meeting.

Just sounds like it could be one of those years where Dissly gets more involved, and perhaps becomes the second or third option for Wilson, who seems to be gaining trust in using Will, sometimes impromptu. Nothing too exciting, but nevertheless in the fantasy football arena, any solid points from a fairly new TE off the radar is greatly appreciated.

Disly was ahead of a lot of top5 options this week including Kelce, Engram, Olsen, Waller, Walker, Ertz, he helped owners take the TE position this week across the board. 

Love what Dissley is contributing, and happy for those that own him as he was a low cost, high returning ticket that looks to continue.

He is killing me, though -- basically makes DK Metcalf useless, and was pissed that his holding impacted Carson getting a TD that I desperately needed.

Screwing me over twice.

But definitely a guy that is heavily involved in the underneath game. Guy is playing really well and seems to have great, consistent hands.

Will Dissly caught 7-of-8 targets for 57 yards and one score in Seattle's Week 4 win over the Cardinals.

It's the third consecutive game Dissly's hit pay dirt in, now having totaled 18/169/4 on 19 targets since returning from injury in Week 2. The second-year tight end infamously flashed the athleticism of a slug at his combine workout but has done nothing but succeed as Russell Wilson's preferred red zone option with six touchdowns in eight NFL appearances. Consider Dissly a TE1 in 12-team leagues moving forward, especially with Nick Vannett long gone to Pittsburgh.

Sep 29, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

Dissly had a great matchup today,and he has strung together three consecutive scoring performances, but I still lack confidence in Pete Carroll to use his talented Tight End consistently.  I am in a great position with Dissly backing up Kelce and Mark Andrews in Dynasty, and I will give it another week or two before I trust Dissly as a flex option, but this is obviously very encouraging.  

Dissly had a great matchup today,and he has strung together three consecutive scoring performances, but I still lack confidence in Pete Carroll to use his talented Tight End consistently.  I am in a great position with Dissly backing up Kelce and Mark Andrews in Dynasty, and I will give it another week or two before I trust Dissly as a flex option, but this is obviously very encouraging.  
he was in to block a lot, which is probably where he's needed.  He's found money, waiver guy who could be top 10, wilson clearly likes him, no vannett, I thought i saw the other TE go down today, I think he'll have a nice season

Fantasy football stats to know from Week 4

Excerpt:

3. In Week 4, Will Dissly caught seven of eight targets for 57 yards and a score. He now ranks sixth among tight ends in fantasy points scored. He’s only played in six full games across his career, but across those games is averaging 15.5 fantasy points per game (would rank top-four in any season this past decade).

Dissly has seen at least five targets in five of these six games but has mostly been reliant on touchdowns for his fantasy production, averaging a touchdown per game over this stretch. That’s typically a red flag, and this is an unsustainably high number, but really, we should be viewing this as a positive — it seems Dissly has assumed the Jimmy Graham role in the offense. In 2017, with the Seahawks, Graham led the position in touchdowns (10) and saw 14 targets inside the 5-yard line (the most by any player this past decade). Like Graham, Dissly has been a focal point near the end zone, drawing three targets inside the 10-yard line (no other Seattle receiver has more than one) and four end-zone targets this year. With this sort of usage, Dissly has easy TE1 upside.

While Dissly did benefit from an ideal matchup — Arizona came into the week surrendering 29.3 fantasy points per game to opposing tight ends (11.0 more than the second-worst team) — his Week 4 usage is more meaningful to me than his production. Dissly ran a route on just 45% of Russell Wilson’s dropbacks through the first three weeks of the season (compared to 43% for Nick Vannett). In Week 4, immediately following Vannett’s departure (traded to Pittsburgh), Dissly ran a route on 68% of Wilson’s dropbacks.

I hate flexing TEs but I might have to do it with Kittle coming off bye and my WR core decimated by injuries.

Will Dissly is tied for third in end zone targets with five.

Only Kenny Golladay and D.K. Metcalf have drawn more looks in the painted area. Dissly has turned those targets into four scores. Dissly ran "just" the 15th most routes amongst tight ends in Week 4, but he was targeted on a whopping 40 percent of them. Only Zach Ertz was more frequently targeted when in motion. It's never going to feel right, but Dissly is a clear-cut TE1 for the time being.

SOURCE: Mike Clay on Twitter

Oct 1, 2019, 4:50 PM ET

Will Dissly caught 4-of-4 targets for 81 yards in the Seahawks' Week 5 win over the Rams.

Dissly added a seven-yard rush on a pitch from Russell Wilson. The second-year pro has now posted four straight 50-yard games, improbably establishing himself as a TE1 after missing most of 2018 with a devastating knee injury. Dissly doesn't offer much athleticism, but he has looks and red zone targets. Seattle travels to Cleveland for Week 6.

Users who are viewing this thread