What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is your Top 10 going into 06'? (1 Viewer)

Scorehoard

Footballguy
Top 10...........

1. Peyton Manning: All in all, the best in the game and w/out Edge will look like he did seasons ago.

2. Jake Delhomme: Smith will not accumulate the numbers he did last year but the addition of Keyshawn will take away some of the anticipated stoppage to Steve's production. We also cannot forget the decent end of the season by Drew Carter and will Colbert step back up to the plate? Could!?

3. Daunte Culpepper: He is further along with rehab than Carson Palmer. This will be one of the most interesting situations to watch in 06'. Chambers had a breakout year and McMichael will see some nice looks. I do feel the Brown and the running game will see the biggest improvement but the D-Train will be right there.

4. Marc Bulger: 8 games last season and still ended with 14 Td's. Last season was just a crazy year for the Rams with their coaching issues. The corps is back and that bodes well for Bulger. Defense is still an issue which means the skin will be flyin!

5. Kurt Warner: Look who's baaaack!!! I see this as his 1st injury free season in some time. Wow, I mean we all were warned of the possibly high powered offense prior to last season but Edge now in the mix pumps it up. I'm still not sold on the defense but hey, that means that O will be on the field more. Boldin, Fitz, and Edge is a nice balanced offense with a lot to like!

6. Drew Bledsoe: Yes I said and I am entitled to my opinion but come on!! We know what T.O. can do on the field production wise. Though Glenn had a nice year and Witten was not quite like he was 2 seasons ago, look for them to be open more often than not.

7. Matt Hasselbeck: Great season last year and with the possible addition of Burelson could keep that potent passing game going. Hutchinson, yes the best at his position and a key loss BUT teams go through this every year. I think it will hurt Alexander more that Hasselbeck.

8. Mark Brunell: Age is a definite factor in this case. Two seasons ago was a bust and last season a comeback year. I will say that he could be top 5 steering clear of injury. Lloyd, Randel El, Moss, and Patten pose the most speed I may have ever seen within a receiving corps. The upside is huge but the chances of Brunell lasting the entire season poses great risk.

9. Carson Palmer: The only reason he is down here is that I hated to keep him out of the top 10. His health and return is a big question mark this season but I think his numbers will shine when he does return. CJ is arguably one of the top 3 WR's in the league. With Palmer healthy all season, he's #3!!!

10. Tom Brady: Mr. Consistant has to be in here somewhere! Yes the loss of Givins is a blow to the chemistry but the Pats have been muraculous at ressurecting careers. Reche Caldwell isn't a bad pick up but I do foresee the front office nabbing one more fine wideout that will likely step in. With the depth chart as is the TE's will be used more in 06' than previous seasons. Can't forget the sort of weapons Pass and Faulk are in the flats.

Those hovering close and by season could bump into my list:

Aaron Brooks- Art Shell is a winner and Moss may have been held down for one season but I don't see that happening again. Between the talent of this group and the horrendous defense, that means airing it out!

Trent Green- Another age question although he had nice yardage output, his TD's were way down. Just ask Gonzo!! That won't happen again.... oh yeah, LJ is the man.

Donovan McNabb- they pick up one more wideout and he's instantly in!

Eli Manning- He's a Manning! They are another that I would like to see pick up one more WR.

These are strictly opinion, purely speculative and I'm not out to start a bash session. Give me your picks would be nice?! Thanks Y'all

Last edited by a moderator:
I own Delhomne in two dynasty leagues and can't ever see him being a #2 fantasy QB. He is a quality top 10 QB year-in, year-out but Carolina is way too conservative on an offensive front to ever warrant high expectations.

If I was asked a question for a single year who could eclipse Manning as #1, I'd go with Bulger, Warner, Hasselbeck, McNabb, Brady, Palmer in no particular order.

Culpepper couldn't do squat without Moss, that was the question last year, and it was evident for the first major half of the season. Now he is on a new team and will likely start off the same way as Chambers is no Moss.

I don't trust Daunte to be back to full strength by the start of the season.

Even if he is able to play, I don't think he'll be himself.

1. Manning

2. Brady (How could you have him 10th)

3. Palmer (#2 if fully healthy)

4. Bulger

5. E. Manning

6. McNabb

7. Culpepper

8. Warner (Have a feeling he's not top 20, seems injured alot, if healthy, this ranking is good)

9. Delhomme

10. Plummer

Outside, could be in: Favre, Vick, Brees, Bledsoe

I'll give it a shot:

I'm assuming full health for each QB and their WRs

1. Manning

2. Palmer

3. Brooks

4. Hasselbeck

5. Bledsoe

6. Bulger

7. Delhomme

8. Culpepper

9. E Manning

10. Big Ben

Off the top of my head.

1. P.Manning

2. Hasselbeck

3. Delhomme

4. Palmer

5. Brooks

6. Bulger

7. Bledsoe

8. E Manning

9. Warner

10. Roethlisberger

NEXT:

Culpepper - PPG, top 10, but won;'t be healthy

Trent Green

Brady

Brunell

McNair

1. Peyton Manning, IND - A stud QB with all his receivers back. The loss of RB Edgerrin James will probably spell out more passing plays than usual, and that can only be a good thing. Manning's numbers last year were: 3747 yards, 28 TD, 10 INT, 67.3 Comp. Pct.

2. Matt Hasselbeck, SEA - With RB Shaun Alexander back and WR Darrell Jackson expected to be healthy, Hasselbeck will put up huge numbers this year. The signing of WR Nate Burleson could fill the hole left by the departure of WR Joe Jurevicius, who stepped in beautifully while Jackson was injured, and he may also provide a little more spark in the passing game. It will be interesting to see how the #2 WR role plays out, with Engram, a reliable, seasoned veteran probably going up against Burleson during training camp. I think that no matter who wins, Hasselbeck will be throwing to quality receivers. Hasselbecks numbers last year were: 3459 yards, 24 TD, 9 INT, 65.5 Comp. Pct.

3. Carson Palmer, CIN - Assuming that Palmer won't be 100% by the beginning of the season, I think that he will start off slowly, but if he's fully healthy by midseason he will be back to top form. He's the centerpiece in one of the most potent offenses in the league last season (6th in total offense per NFL.com), and there's no reason to expect that he won't continue down the same path in 2006. He's throwing to one of the best WR tandems in the game in WR Chad Johnson and WR T.J. Houshmadzadeh, he has one of the best backs in RB Rudi Johnson, and he has a somewhat formiddable receiver out of the backfield in RB Chris Perry. His numbers last year were: 3836 yards, 32 TD, 12 INT, 67.8 Comp. Pct.

4. Tom Brady, NE - He's been putting up solid yardage for the past four years (averaging 3796.5 yards per season), while his touchdowns have remained fairly pedestrian (averaging 26.2 per season over the same span). This year, with the loss of WR David Givens to free agency, Brady might struggle to continue putting up the same kind of stats. However, WR Reche Caldwell, an addition to the team made through free agency, might be able to step up and be a quality #2 in New England. Also, watch for the emergence of third-year TE Ben Watson this year - he showed signs last season that he can get it done. Brady's numbers last year were: 4110 yards, 26 TD, 14 INT, 63.0 Comp. Pct.

5. Drew Bledsoe, DAL - So far Dallas seems to be the sexy pick for the superbowl this year, due mainly to the offseason signing of WR Terrell Owens. With arguably one of the top 3 receivers in the game, and a not-too-shabby #2 in Terry Glenn, Bledsoe will air it out to the tune of coming in at the #5 fantasy QB this year. RB Julius Jones and RB Marion Barber III will take care of the ground game to open up the air for Bledsoe and T.O. His numbers last year were: 3639 yards, 23 TD, 17 INT, 60.1 Comp. Pct.

6. Trent Green, KC - He's got so many weapons around him in TE Tony Gonzalez, RB Larry Johnson, and to a lesser extent WR Eddie Kennison and WR Samie Parker, that he almost has to do well. With Johnson tearing up the ground game, defenses will be forced to stack the box to stop him, opening up holes in the secondary for the WR's to slip into. Although last year saw a significant drop in his touchdowns, I expect that Trent Green will be a great fantasy option this season. His numbers last year were: 4014 yards, 17 TD, 10 INT, 62.5 Comp. Pct.

7. Marc Bulger, StL - The Rams always have a good offense and that won't change this year. Re-signing Bruce will definitely help Bulger out - and he's always got Torry Holt on the other side. Steven Jackson is a considerable downgrade from Marshall Faulk as a receiver out of the backfield, but Faulk may stay in the mix a little more. Bulger should put up decent yardage and TD numbers as he always does, but he also throws a lot of interceptions. It should also be noted that Bulger has never played all 16 games in a season, so injuries are definitely a concern for him. His numbers in 8 games last year were: 2297 yards, 14 TD, 9 INT, 66.9 Comp. Pct.

8. Eli Manning, NYG - He improved his game significantly in his sophomore season, and owners should look for him to do the same this year. He looked more comfortable in the pocket, but still had some issues to work out with field vision and working through his progressions. WR Plaxico Burress provides a good deep threat for Eli, while TE Jeremy Shockey is an excellent option for short to mid-range passes. Also, RB Tiki Barber is an excellent receiver out of the backfield, and he can get it done on the ground. All in all, Eli's got a lot of weapons to work with and should show more maturity and poise in the pocket this year, translating into big fantasy numbers. His stats last season were: 3762 yards, 24 TD, 17 INT, 52.8 Comp. Pct.

9. Kurt Warner, ARI - Warner finally has some help in the running department due to the signing of RB Edgerrin James, plus he's throwing to the best WR tandem in the game in WR Anquan Boldin and WR Larry Fitzgerald. If he can stay healthy, I can see Warner putting up ridiculous numbers this year. The Cards play the Vikings (22nd in pass D) once, the Rams (23rd in pass D) twice, the Seahawks (25th in pass D) twice, the Chargers (28th in pass D) once, the Chiefs (30th in pass D) once, and the 49ers (32nd in pass D) twice. As you can see, they'll have it pretty easy against the pass this season, and this can only mean good things for Warner and crew. His numbers in 10 games last year were: 2713 yards, 11 TD, 9 INT, 64.5 Comp. Pct.

10. Daunte Culpepper, MIA - Has the chance to start anew with the Dolphins, and, once he's healthy, I think Miami will be a great fit for him. He'll be throwing to two great threats, WR Chris Chambers and TE Randy McMichael, and he'll have emergent star RB Ronnie Brown taking care of the ground game. Brown isn't a bad receiver out of the backfield either. I think that once Daunte's healthy he'll be happy to leave behind the scandals and troubled times of Minnesota and be prepared to step it up and be a great player for his new team. His numbers in 7 games were: 1564 yards, 6 TD, 12 INT, 64.4 Comp. Pct.

Wow. No love for Mr. Brady....

If you people really think the loss of David Givens will be a killer, just look at the fact that Brady has performed consistent with and without Givens in the linup (including last year)

The Pats still may not be done looking at FA WRs (and potential FA WRs), and as we get closer to the season, I see them picking up a reliable guy like Prohel or somebody.

Watson and Graham have both stepped up in the past and both (most likely Watson) could take big strides this year.

Brady is a huuuuuge value in both redraft and dynasty leagues as a top 10 QB, especially if you can get him as the #5-10 QB drafted.

one word.... CONSISTENCY

And one more thing to think about.... Dillon's inability to run the ball only helped Brady's #s last year... and I don't, nor do many Pats fans expect Dillon to ever get back to his old form

I completely agree with many of you with Palmer being placed higher than

I have based on being healthy but he has a pretty serious injury. I just think

that knee will be nagging him throughout the year. As for Brady..... He is a

keeper of mine but I just have this sense that the Pats lost their mojo. Yes I

agree with the previous post about Dillon's ineffectivness helped Brady's

numbers. No Dillon is not likely to get back to the way he once was which will

lead to Defenses keying on the pass forcing the Pats to run the ball. Brooks

is my sleeper of them all. The guy is so hot and cold its amazing! Maybe a

change of face to the silver and black will lead to some hott stuff!!

Let me preface this by saying I am a Redskins fan and hate the Giants.

Why are all of you sleeping on Eli Manning so much? In my leagues he finished as QB5 last year.

If everyone thinks he's going to continue to improve, wouldn't QB5 be the lowest ranking you could give him?

I see no reason for him to regress, and he's got WAY less question marks than those QBs coming back from injury or switching teams. I think he's a top 5 lock.

Why are all of you sleeping on Eli Manning so much? In my leagues he finished as QB5 last year.

If everyone thinks he's going to continue to improve, wouldn't QB5 be the lowest ranking you could give him?

I see no reason for him to regress, and he's got WAY less question marks than those QBs coming back from injury or switching teams. I think he's a top 5 lock.
I've got him at #8. The only reason he's down that far is because I think the 7 guys in front of him will have better seasons. The way I see it the guys in front of him are virtually locks to do well, while he is more of a question mark. That's all.

1. Hasselbeck

2. Palmer

3. Manning (loss of Edge will definitely hurt)

4. Brady

5. Eli

6. Warner

7. Bledsoe

8. Bulger

9. Delhomme

10. Green

11. Brooks

12. Brunell

13. CARR

Carr is close to the top ten..could see a HUGE improvement with this new offensive system in Houston...oh yeah, drafting Bush , and possible trade for Eric Moulds helps too!..Carr could be the most improved player in 2006..

definite sleeper material..AJ and Moulds working the outsides, Putzier working the middle, and Bush ruushing??

thats going to be a dynamic offense this year!!

The one QB I see noticable missing from these lists is Plummer. I see Jake having a great year this year. Something tells me that the running game takes a small step back, enough so that Plummer outproduces his draft position by a large margin.

Carr is close to the top ten..could see a HUGE improvement with this new offensive system in Houston...oh yeah, drafting Bush , and possible trade for Eric Moulds helps too!..Carr could be the most improved player in 2006..

definite sleeper material..AJ and Moulds working the outsides, Putzier working the middle, and Bush ruushing??

thats going to be a dynamic offense this year!!
Anything is possible, and the O changes are an improvement, but until Carr gets time and shows an ability to read the D, he won't approach my top 15. FWIW, he was #32 last year. Improvement, sure. That much of an improvement without a major upgrade at the line? Re: Eli - my #8, almost put him higher, but I couldn't put him ahead of Bledsoe or Brooks with their major improvement at WR, or Bulger.

The one QB I see noticable missing from these lists is Plummer. I see Jake having a great year this year. Something tells me that the running game takes a small step back, enough so that Plummer outproduces his draft position by a large margin.
IF Walker is a Bronco, Jake becomes a top 10, maybe higher.

I am a Lions fan but that has never had an effect on my FF views... having said that -

Am I the only one giving Kitna big numbers with Martz at the helm? Not top 5 mind you but perhaps top 10 or 15?

I am a Lions fan but that has never had an effect on my FF views... having said that -

Am I the only one giving Kitna big numbers with Martz at the helm? Not top 5 mind you but perhaps top 10 or 15?
Possible top 15, it wouldn't be the first time he scored that high.I guess I'm just not sold on him starting the whole year.

Peyton - Offense cant lean on Edge. Still has the other weapons. Only QB worth drafting early.

Vick - Expecting biggest year yet. Third year tweaking the same system. Team is the same. Young receivers should improve. Adding a shotgun attack.

Hasselbeck - Its good when the same coach and players stick around a few years

McNabb - Lost TO but will still be throwing 70 percent of the time. Was a top QB even before TO.

Warner - James will struggle running but will help Warner big time. His second year playing for Green with the same receivers.

Brooks - Should do better than Collins. Defense looks even worse. I dont see as many low scoring games from Oakland this year.

Bledsoe - Gets big addition with TO but its still Parcell's team. Which means throw throw throw one week then run run run the next.

Bulger - I dont think he'll be throwing as much. Same team but new system and coach. They are sure to have a more balanced attack.

Palmer - A long ways from being healthy. Likely to miss training camp. Had easy schedule last year. Still worth a gamble. Good system and team still there.

Eli - Up and comer was solid until the later part of the season when defenses suddenly seemed to have his number by bringing the right pressure. He's young and smart. Its just a matter of time before he learns to deal with it. They arent going to bang him around enough on the practice field though.

My list

1. P.Manning- without Edge, his numbers could be closer to 2004 than 2005.

2. McNabb- back with a venegance proving that Eagles can do without TO

3. Hasselbeck- consistent performer who will stay healthy as usual

4. Bulger

5. Brady- if he has a subpar RB then his ranking moves up to #3

6. Culpepper

7. T. Green- annual undervalued qb

8. E. Manning

9. Delhomme

10. Palmer- if he comes back by week 3 at latest, otherwise a risky FFL pick.

11. Vick- if he plays full season, his ranking could jump a couple spots.

12. Roethlisberger

Sleepers:

Carr

McCown

Rivers

Schaub

Wow!

These lists seem to be all over the place.

My list...

1. P. Manning - Simply the best.

2. Hasselbeck - His consistency and lack of question marks puts him at #2 although I expect he actually finishes season a little lower.

3. Palmer - Could easily move to #2 or even #1 or as low as #10 depending on injury.

4. Brady - I might move him down a touch by the time the draft comes around but right now, I don't know who I'd put above him.

5. E. Manning - As someone else pointed out, he's good already and should improve.

6. Bledsoe - Was top 6 before Adams went down. Was still in top 10 by end of season. And that was without T.O. This might actually be a little low but I just can't imagine Drew in the top 5.

7. Bulger - Martz is gone so maybe this is a little high but until I see less passing, I'm sticking with Bulger here.

8. Delhomme - I expect good consistent numbers from Jake. As usual.

9. Plummer - He's become a reliable QB since arriving in Denver. Won't challenge for top 5 but won't fall out of top 15 either (barring injury).

10. Brees - I had a tough time deciding on the last one. Several, I just didn't want to leave out. There might be a bit of an adjustment period in NO but I think this O will be pretty good this year.

Just missed: Warner, Green, Brooks, Carr, Vick, Favre, Roethlisberger, McNabb.

Culpepper couldn't do squat without Moss, that was the question last year, and it was evident for the first major half of the season. Now he is on a new team and will likely start off the same way as Chambers is no Moss.
What did Moss do without Culpepper :P . I know Moss was hurt but so was Culpepper

Peyton - Offense cant lean on Edge. Still has the other weapons. Only QB worth drafting early.

Vick - Expecting biggest year yet. Third year tweaking the same system. Team is the same. Young receivers should improve. Adding a shotgun attack.

McNabb - Lost TO but will still be throwing 70 percent of the time. Was a top QB even before TO.

Warner - James will struggle running but will help Warner big time. His second year playing for Green with the same receivers.

Brooks - Should do better than Collins. Defense looks even worse. I dont see as many low scoring games from Oakland this year.

Bledsoe - Gets big addition with TO but its still Parcell's team. Which means throw throw throw one week then run run run the next.

Bulger - I dont think he'll be throwing as much. Same team but new system and coach. They are sure to have a more balanced attack.

Palmer - A long ways from being healthy. Likely to miss training camp. Had easy schedule last year. Still worth a gamble. Good system and team still there.

Eli - Up and comer was solid until the later part of the season when defenses suddenly seemed to have his number by bringing the right pressure. He's young and smart. Its just a matter of time before he learns to deal with it. They arent going to bang him around enough on the practice field though.
Vick #2 :eek:

Vick #2 :eek:
I don't see it either, but admit, I overlooked Vick when making my rankings. White and Jenkins are improving, especially White in the deep passing game. Add in rushing yards, and Vick is a top 15. I just overlooked him :bag:

Man, I can't believe most people don't have McNabb on their top 10 list at least! The Eagles pass like 65%-70% of the time and McNabb will have a chip on his shoulder trying to prove that they can be sucessful without TO. Also I feel their defense is not quite as good as in years past and the offense will have to score more points to keep them in the games and that wil have to be done through the air.

I'll play...

1. P.Manning - It's not a sure thing, but hard to bet against

2. T. Brady - I believe they'll find a WR #2, and will be weaker on D this year

3. Bulger - When healthy he's a machine (will Offense change this year?)

4. Hasselbeck - Could be even higher if Burleson = a weapon

5. Palmer - Deserves higher, but too many question marks

6. Brooks - Moss = production (see Collins last year)

7. Delhomme - Hopefully drops in my drafts, bc I'm pretty high on him

8. McNabb - This offense is tough to figure out

9. Bledsoe - IF he can stay healthy he can be top 5

10. Rothlisberger - Look at his FF points per attempt = if attempts increase :eek:

11. T. Green - Great value if he drops to here

12. J. Plummer - more running game questions than normal.

13. E. Manning - he should start creeping up this list

14. Culpepper - If that O-line gets better = can be much higher

15. D. Carr - His weapons are scary, will he be?

16. K. Warner - His weapons are scary, will he be healthy?

17. Rivers - The system is in place for him

18. M. Vick - Will he learn the offense well enough?

I'd be ecstatic having virtually any two of the above = ALL have great upside, and the difference between this tier and the one above doesn't appear to be that much. I don't remember a year where so many teams had the potential for having a top notch Fantasy passing game. IMHO, this year more than even last year, it will pay great dividends to be very patient in drafting a QB. Nobody is a shoe-in to be a top 3, while virtually 18 have the potential to be.

edited to add in Plummer = I missed him

1) Peyton Manning

2) Carson Palmer

3) Tom Brady

4) Bryon Leftwich (That's right!)

5) Drew Bledsoe

6) Jake Delhomme

7) Ben Roethlisberger

8) Trent Green

9) Eli Manning

10)Philip Rivers

Crazy enough it just might work :/

What did Moss do without Culpepper :P . I know Moss was hurt but so was Culpepper
Moss' first 4 games were very very good, and then he got hurt. Culpepper played 6 games before getting hurt, and was terrible in those 6.

There seems to be a disconnect between what people think Givens loss means to Brady Fantasywise and what his actual numbers are. Givens is a much better "real" receiver than he is fantasy receiver. He has never put up big numbers with the Pats during the regular season.

Y'know I've been thinking about this for some time, and I'm just not sure at all. I suspect a lot of changes this year.

Run down of last year's top 10:

Manning - Loss of Edge could really lower the efficiency of this offense. More INTs and more stalled drives contributing to less TDs. If the defense improves again, he won't be forced to go out and win games like before.

Brady - First time ever cracking the top 5 mainly because of a D who couldn't stop anyone and no running game to rely on. I expect either Dillon to improve over last year or the Pats bring someone else in to fix the running game. Improved running game = less chances for Brady. Still, possibly the safest of last year's top 5.

Carson Palmer - Tore his ACL severely only three months ago. Team is giving off mixed signals. They let competent backup Kitna go, but now they seem interested in getting another good backup to start the season?

Eli Manning - Really cooled during the stretch, but had an excellent sophomore campaign overall. Could be a steal if his ADP doesn't go insane.

Matt Hasselbeck - I'm actually amazed he was a top 5 QB last year. 3500 24 & 9 is kinda eh most years. Reminds me of Aaron Brooks 2003. Had a big drop in INTs, then returned to normal INT rate from there. MH is steady and productive, but I wouldn't take him 5th overall.

Drew Bledsoe - Well ####, this guy just got a huge upgrade. How can you not like him?

Drew Brees - Changing teams. Unsure what effect this will have on him. Horn is at least equivalent to McCardell, but after that what?

Trent Green - Used to be my darling 7th round pick year after year. It's like 95% of the fantasy world was completely blind to his value. Huge dropoff in TD numbers last year, but that could just be a statistical anomaly. Not real excited about the change in coaching staff for him though. Finishing 8th again could be a stretch.

Kerry Collins - LOL! I thought he was going to be a top 3-5 QB with Moss?

Michael Vick - I consider this now or never for Vick. I told people before to be patient with him, as his situation was never ideal. Constantly changing the WRs and coaching staff will not help a QB in his development. He now has a consistent coaching staff, a solid running game and his WRs are maturing. Could surprise a lot of people this year with his passing stats.

I see a lot of turnover and surprises this year.

What these lists tell me is that i'll have Vick in every single one of my leagues this coming season. He may have been over-valued in the past, but he's severly undervalued now based on these rankings.

He was #10 year end based on FBG's scoring in 05', yet only one or two of these lists have him in the top 10 for 06'.

Vick = Value in 06'

Vick is no way undervalued. A lot of people are expecting him to get hurt again so Schaub will be drafted late in many leagues especially keeper leagues. Vick/Schaub=handcuff situation- Yikes! :yucky:

How can anyone rate Brooks in top 10???? Has anyone been burned by rating Collins in top 10 last year???? Colins and Brooks are similar- they have a history of mental breakdowns and they are not natural leaders. Raiders are doomed to repeat history. :wall:

I would have rated Roethlisberger in top 8 if Steelers didn't run the ball more than 55% of the time. Otherwise my ranking of Roethlisberger at #12 sounds pretty reasonable.

What these lists tell me is that i'll have Vick in every single one of my leagues this coming season.  He may have been over-valued in the past, but he's severly undervalued now based on these rankings.

He was #10 year end based on FBG's scoring in 05', yet only one or two of these lists have him in the top 10 for 06'.

Vick = Value in 06'

Vick is no way undervalued. A lot of people are expecting him to get hurt again so Schaub will be drafted late in many leagues especially keeper leagues. Vick/Schaub=handcuff situation- Yikes! :yucky: How can anyone rate Brooks in top 10???? Has anyone been burned by rating Collins in top 10 last year???? Colins and Brooks are similar- they have a history of mental breakdowns and they are not natural leaders. Raiders are doomed to repeat history. :wall:
Vick was top 10 last year, yet barely anyone in this thread ranks him in the top 10, do you think he'll get worse?Collins was top 10 last year with an injured Moss, why is expecting Brooks top 10 odd?

How can anyone rate Brooks in top 10???? Has anyone been burned by rating Collins in top 10 last year???? Colins and Brooks are similar- they have a history of mental breakdowns and they are not natural leaders. Raiders are doomed to repeat history. :wall:

I would have rated Roethlisberger in top 8 if Steelers didn't run the ball more than 55% of the time. Otherwise my ranking of Roethlisberger at #12 sounds pretty reasonable.
I wouldn't think people rating a QB in the top 10 that finished in the top 10 would burn anyone. ;) Brooks 2004 - #9 QB

Brooks 2003 - #6 QB

He isn't a good NFL QB, but the guy puts up stats.

Roethlisberger - #12 is reasonable, I have him top 10, thinking that the 3rd year QB gets given the reigns more, especially as Bettis is retired. Steelers have yet to bring in a new RB, so unless they use their 1st on one, I see more passing next year. Granted, they could use a better #2 WR too, but Miller/Wilson/Morgan will suffice.

I do not think Vick is a "stud" fantasy qb. Rather, he's IMO a guy who you can play in certain matchups. As was pointed out, he finished top ten last year-there's several other players from last year's top ten that have question marks-McNabb, Bulger, Peyton, Collins, Palmer....while I think most of them will still have good years, I've seen nothing to indicate Vick would suddenly plummet.

I would be absolutely stunned were he to finish as the top guy but I would be equally surprised were he to fall from the top ten.

Y'know I've been thinking about this for some time, and I'm just not sure at all.  I suspect a lot of changes this year.

In PPG (a more accurate ranking system), last year QBs ranked1. McNabb

2. Bulger

3. Palmer

4. Brady

5. Peyton

6 Eli

7 Collins

8 Vick

9 Warner

10 Bledsoe

11 Brooks

12 Hasselbeck

13 Brees

14 Favre

15 Culpepper

16 Green

17 McNair

18 Delhomme

19 Leftwhich

20 Plummer

21 Big Ben

Y'know I've been thinking about this for some time, and I'm just not sure at all.  I suspect a lot of changes this year.

In PPG (a more accurate ranking system), last year QBs ranked1. McNabb

2. Bulger

3. Palmer

4. Brady

5. Peyton

6 Eli

7 Collins

8 Vick

9 Warner

10 Bledsoe

11 Brooks

12 Hasselbeck

13 Brees

14 Favre

15 Culpepper

16 Green

17 McNair

18 Delhomme

19 Leftwhich

20 Plummer

21 Big Ben
You do know Collins is not the Raiders QB anymore? Correct. :popcorn:

In PPG (a more accurate ranking system), last year QBs ranked

1. McNabb - Obviously undergoing a huge change. Going back to the same crummy receivers he had in years past, and not as much rushing stats to boost him up.

2. Bulger - Potentially big changes in store with a new coaching staff

9 Warner - Not much to say about him. In a good fantasy offense, but hasn't stayed healthy in I don't know how long. I think his potential will raise his ADP enough to lose any real value.
Is really seems like most every QB is undergoing a huge off-season change. Almost every QB scares me this year.

Wow, no love for Roethlisberger in all these mocks, David Carr ahead of him... yikes!
agreed. Any top 10 list without Roethlisberger is flawed.
I disagree. Personally, I do believe he is top ten material but he plays on a team that is extremely run oriented and he finished outside the top twenty qb's in ppg last season. He started off the season averaging over 20 ppg (ranking as the seventh best qb) but that only lasted what, five weeks before he got hurt? Hardly enough to predict an entire season.

I'll GUARANTEE it.

5. E. Manning
5. E. Manning - As someone else pointed out, he's good already and should improve.
I don't think I'm going to release my rankings until they're posted on the site. But for now, I'll say that these are the highest rankings for Eli I've seen, but I currently have him tentatively ranked even a bit higher than that.I expect the Giants to throw the ball a lot next year, so even if Eli is only at 6.8 YPA while several other QBs are at 7+, I think Eli will rack up a lot of yardage based on having more attempts.

I rank my players based on their relative risks an rewards, not based on where I think they will finish. With that disclaimer, my current top-10

1. Manning - Nothing need be said

2. McNabb - The running gives him great upside, and he was awesome before TO also

3. Bulger - His PPG is astouning, and I love his WRs

4. E.Manning - If he's going to continue to improve, he is easily a top-5, especially with a team that likes to throw in the re zone to Burress and Shockey

5. Delhomme - With Stephen Davis done, an Foster not a pile-pusher, an with Keyshawn on board, I see plenty of throwing TDs

6. Brooks - He's a consistent top-10 fantasy QB who gets to throw to Randy Moss, Jerry Porter, and Lamont Jordan. I'm in!

7. Warner - The addition of Edge will cut into TDs a bit, but I wouldn't bet against Denny Green and all that offensive talent.

8. Palmer - Love the offense, leery about the injury.

9. Hasselbeck - Despite the good offseason, I can't shake the feeling that Seattle is heading for a post-SB-loss hangover

10. Vick - The reward is just so high, I can't let him out of the top 10, even if it means leaving notables like Culpepper, Brady, Bledsoe and Plummer off.

QB is very deep this year, again. In a start-1, 12-team league, I would love to draft whomever is left at QB12 in round 8 or 9.

The one QB I see noticable missing from these lists is Plummer.  I see Jake having a great year this year.  Something tells me that the running game takes a small step back, enough so that Plummer outproduces his draft position by a large margin.
IF Walker is a Bronco, Jake becomes a top 10, maybe higher.
I own him in a dynasty league. he's been AT LEAST a top 10 QB for the last two years (actually #7 each year), and what MAJOR changes has happened to the offense (except MA). but... he always seems to start the season a lil slow, but then really picks it up by 3-4th game

5. E. Manning
I don't think I'm going to release my rankings until they're posted on the site. But for now, I'll say that these are the highest rankings for Eli I've seen, but I currently have him tentatively ranked even a bit higher than that.I expect the Giants to throw the ball a lot next year, so even if Eli is only at 6.8 YPA while several other QBs are at 7+, I think Eli will rack up a lot of yardage based on having more attempts.
Without tipping your ranking, could you explain why you think he'll be throwing more this year? I expect him to finish top 5 because I expect him to continue to progress and for him to be more efficent. I'm curious as to why you think he'll get more attempts.TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread