What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will get more tackles? (1 Viewer)

GridironMenace

Footballguy
Madieu Williams against MinnesotaorCato June against Jacksonville.How much stock should I put into the fact that Williams plays a pass happy Minnesota team? Who is the better start?1pt per solo0.5 pts per assist3 per sack3 per INT

Madieu Williams against Minnesota

or

Cato June against Jacksonville.

How much stock should I put into the fact that Williams plays a pass happy Minnesota team? Who is the better start?

1pt per solo

0.5 pts per assist

3 per sack

3 per INT
Madieu is a lesser option to only a few guys at any position in FF. Definitely go with Madieu.

I disagree ... I would not start a FS over a WLB if I could avoid it ... not even M. Williams ... as long as Cato June keeps his job and does not split a lot of time ... I start him over any FS ... even Williams or Taylor ...

I disagree ... I would not start a FS over a WLB if I could avoid it ... not even M. Williams ... as long as Cato June keeps his job and does not split a lot of time ... I start him over any FS ... even Williams or Taylor ...
I usually agree with this theory. However, I think Williams is an exception to the rule, especially this week against the Vikings. I like Williams here.

I usually agree with this theory. However, I think Williams is an exception to the rule, especially this week against the Vikings. I like Williams here.
Yes, it's a good rule of thumb, but like all rules of thumb, exceptions apply.Think Michael Lewis vs. Atlanta for example.

INDY's WLB is one of the highest tackle producing positions in the league. As long as June is the undisputed starter, you have to have him in there every week. The fact that Minnesota isnt running at all only helps the case to bench madieu

The fact that Minnesota isnt running at all only helps the case to bench madieu
I would agree with you if Madieu was playing SS or LB instead of FS. I would think Minnesota constantly passing only helps Madieu. Albeit, I still would expect June to get more tackles than Williams.

The fact that Minnesota isnt running at all only helps the case to bench madieu
I would agree with you if Madieu was playing SS or LB instead of FS. I would think Minnesota constantly passing only helps Madieu. Albeit, I still would expect June to get more tackles than Williams.
possibly, if your league scores passes defended. no one on tampa's D had more than 6 tackles last week and none of the safeties had more than 4 tackles and 1 assist. compare that to cleveland's defensive stats against cincy's run heavy game plan - 4-3 for FS Brian Russell or FS Lamont Thompson's 4-5 vs. PIT, or FS Marcus Coleman's 6 tackles vs. Buffalo. When the offense runs a lot, it helps the SS and LB more, but it still helps the FS. It helps the whole defense's stats because theres at least a tackle on every play.

Users who are viewing this thread