What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Will Your Team Draft In The 1st Round? (1 Viewer)

With the 12th pick in the 2003 draft, the St. Louis Rams select: Eric Steinbach, G, Iowa. Pace ... buddy ... no one player is worth that percentage of the teams' cap space .... give it a rest big guy ... :wacko:

I hope the Cowboys take Newman, in the first. Boy how good it would be to have someone with decent cover skills in the secondary again.

if that happens, they will lose Palmer. Detroit will trade down, too. Anyway, Detroit drafts Rogers.
If I'm the Bengals, I don't think I care too much that I'm losing Palmer. I think they're really after Newman.
NFL | Update on Newman's Shoulder Concerns - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)8:01 PT: Updating previous reports, Jay Glazer reports for SportsLine.com that several teams have revealed that nerve damage in Kansas State CB Terence Newman's (shoulder) left shoulder hasn't improved significantly in recent months and the injury is affecting his position on some boards. In fact, one top-ten team has taken him off their board because of it. One AFC executive said that they saw the never in the shoulder was dead and the deltoid muscle has atrophied. However, not all teams are as concerned. "He does have nerve damage in that shoulder and there are concerns about the strength in the shoulder," said Texans general manager Charley Casserly. "We have not taken him off of our board. Other people have played with the injury and if he was available at No. 3 we could take him. We are not as concerned as other teams may be."Off the Bengals board? :thumbup:

If the cowboys dont get newman at #5, or trade down a couple of spots and get trufant i will be doing this------> :football: They need a CB in a horrible way!!

The NY Jets draft......1(13) New York Jets Boss Bailey OLB GeorgiaLB is a necessity. Gang Green slowed down last year with Mo Lewison the strong side and Marvin Jones in the middle. Both, playingthrough tough injuries, lost half-steps in pass coverage. Bailey recently knocked off a 4.35 40 and high jumped over 44"...That's Super Human. 1(22) New York Jets K Washington WR TennesseeHe has great size and speed 4.41 40. He is very strong and knowhow to use his body. Sometime he is a little to cocky like ayoung TO! Gil Brandt said, "Kelly Washington is 6-2 ½, 215pounds. He ran 4.41 and 4.42, had a 39-inch vertical jump,10-foot-9 ½ long jump, and benched 18 times. He also had a verygood workout, catching the ball well and looking powerful comingout of his breaks." In two years the Jets fans will sayLaveranues who?They can get a DT in the 2nd round. Bailey and Washington are too good to pass up. :excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of draft day rumors will be flying around when Oakland decides to trade up and grab one of the following (in no particular order)1. Troy Polamalu 2. Kelley Washington3. Willis McGaheeWhen talking about Al Davis, there are only two constants in regards to the draft:1. He loves stealing a player from another team.2. He goes after the player he wants, even if he over pays for it.They will use their remaining first round pick to select a DE or Jeff Faine C.

Packers will likely take a LB in round 1. Terry Pierce or Nick Barnett could be who they would look at. Dennis Weathersby at CB could be another option if still available. :blink:
I heard that if he's available they'll take Grossman.

The Baltimore Ravens select QB Kyle Boller, possibly trading down a few spots if they can get away with it.Not personally sure if that's the right direction, but it certainly looks like that's the way they're going.

I know it's not a big suprise, but I'm hoping the Lions get C. Rogers. If Houston or another team trades up to get Rogers at 1.1, I see the Lions trading down a bit if they can because I'd have to say their second choice is still a WR: A. Johnson. They GOTTA get a franchise receiver for Harrington. I could definitely see them taking a RB in later rounds, but I don't think they're going to start their draft with one, even if they trade down some in the first round.

With the...Ohhh we don't have a 1st round pick this year :( But... I guess having the league's leading rusher makes up for that! :D Thank you 'Aints! :wall:

New Engladn Patriots will select either J.Sullivan or W.Joseph at 14 and K.Harris, McDougle, Steinbach or Bailey at 19.

Da Bears will trade down and grab an offensive lineman at that spot, whever is available in their new spot. I say they'll get DTs Kennedy, Sullivan or Joseph at that spot. Then perhaps they can go for their QB of the future, RB Diamond in the Rough and/or fill the CB spot.

Pats will probably go DT and DE depending on the value at the pick14th - W Joseph if he is still here (if not, probably J Sullivan)19th - J McDougle if he is still here (if not, probably DE M Hayes)

With the 21st pick...I would like to see the The Cleveland Browns get their hands on top tackle candidate is Jordan Gross. He's a former tight end with very good athleticism, and can be nasty on the field. :rant: But it looks like it could be Eric Steinbach (Iowa). Steinbach is one of the the most versatile lineman because he can play at all the positions and compete, which makes him a safe pick, and barring injury, will play all 16 games next year, probably at guard.

Seattle Seahawks! They had better draft a DT or a DE from a big name schoollike Miami or I'm jumping off the ban wagon!
I lied about jumping off, I stayed on.. Trufant wasn't a bad pick,, he gets burned alot, but people are raving about how good he is,, so hopefully he gets better.. Jimmy Kennedy was who i was all worked up about before the draft.. He hasn't done much for St. Louis, time will tell if Trufant was a better pick.. Right now,, I'd have to say the Hawks took the right guy with that first round pick. But here we are missing the playoffs,, and why?? Because we can't rush the passer! just like last year.. So, I'll probably be preaching defensive linemen again this year for the Hawks,, maybe they'll actually draft one this year...

I sure hope the Steelers don't draft a safety in the first. Polamalu is a great player no doubt, but drafting a safety in round 1 is a wasted pick. I think the Steelers as is usually the case, go with the best available player:

QB Rex Grossman, Florida
Not to single you out or anything, but I found this and other parts of this thread hilarious.b u m p ! ! !

I sure hope the Steelers don't draft a safety in the first. Polamalu is a great player no doubt, but drafting a safety in round 1 is a wasted pick. I think the Steelers as is usually the case, go with the best available player:

QB Rex Grossman, Florida
Not to single you out or anything, but I found this and other parts of this thread hilarious.b u m p ! ! !
:lmao:

I sure hope the Steelers don't draft a safety in the first.  Polamalu is a great player no doubt, but drafting a safety in round 1 is a wasted pick.  I think the Steelers as is usually the case, go with the best available player:

QB Rex Grossman, Florida
I know I'd feel terrible if it weren't for the fact that at least half the folks who participated in this thread weren't right there with me in being way off the mark. I'm glad this didn't get bumped throughout the whole Ricky drama based on what I said about him.

I sure hope the Steelers don't draft a safety in the first. Polamalu is a great player no doubt, but drafting a safety in round 1 is a wasted pick. I think the Steelers as is usually the case, go with the best available player:QB Rex Grossman, Florida
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread