What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Will Your Team Draft In The 1st Round? (1 Viewer)

Franknbeans

Footballguy
State your team and let us know who YOU think your team will draft. Some choices are obvious but as we have all seen, you just never know. I'll stick by my gut and start with...Steelers - Polamalu - S, USC :football:

Carolina Panthers. Jordan Gross, OT, Utah.Why does everyone think Pittsburgh takes Polamalu? First of all, he'll be off the board by their pick. More importantly, they already cut loose one big-ticket SS who couldn't cover. Why would they add another to take his place when it's that flaw that cost them the chance at a legitimate title run in the first place? Polamalu would be a lateral move.(Edit: "loos" now = "loose." I'm off to a flying start on the new board. :football: )

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope the Steelers don't draft a safety in the first. Polamalu is a great player no doubt, but drafting a safety in round 1 is a wasted pick. I think the Steelers as is usually the case, go with the best available player:QB Rex Grossman, Florida

Seattle Seahawks! They had better draft a DT or a DE from a big name schoollike Miami or I'm jumping off the ban wagon!

Charles Rogers for my lions barring any craziness from the texans or bengals :football:

With the 23rd pick of the first round of the 2003 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ohio State DE Michael Hayes.

The Tennessee Titans select Penn State University RB Larry Johnson to be the hier apparent to Eddie George.ORThe Tennessee Titans select University of Tennessee WR Kelley Washington to step into Kevin Dyson's shoes. :football:

Its doubtful Suggs would be available at the 7 spot, but the Vikes would take him if he were up there ( i'm sure most teams would). If not they will take Robertson

The Eagles will select either Chris Kelsay (Nebraska) or Jerome McDougle (Miami) to augment their DL and pass rush rotation despite the smarter selection of Boss Bailey, LB, Georgia being their for the taking.CHEERS

Charles Rogers for my lions barring any craziness from the texans or bengals :football:
I think Cinncy will trade down to 3 at the draft, thinking they can still get Palmer - and Houston walks away with Rogers. Just a hunch...

I think Cinncy will trade down to 3 at the draft, thinking they can still get Palmer - and Houston walks away with Rogers. Just a hunch...
if that happens, they will lose Palmer. Detroit will trade down, too. Anyway, Detroit drafts Rogers.

My Chargers will take (very very wishful thinking) Marcus Trufant, CB, Wash St.In reality, they will be hardpressed to pass up on eitherKwame Harris or Eric Steinbach to set up the O-line and offense for years to come.

I'd like to see the Beloved Bears select Suggs, but who the Bears will select is a better question because I am not sure where Angelo stands. :whistle:

Indy- Andre Woolfolk
Or Weatersby or Mathis. I'd love a LB but the Top 3 will probably be gone......And I still say they should nab a DT instead. So help me if Polian drafts a WR :whistle:

With the 23rd pick of the first round of the 2003 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select Ohio State DE Michael Hayes.
Joseph! The double whammy! Wrong name and wrong school. But right idea:Bills will take Michael Haynes from Penn State.

Edited to say that Michael Hayes is a good sleeper WR from Southern.

Denver - probably Chris Kelsay or the best DE available. If not then possibly Jason Witten, though I am not sure I believe they would do that.

if that happens, they will lose Palmer. Detroit will trade down, too. Anyway, Detroit drafts Rogers.
If I'm the Bengals, I don't think I care too much that I'm losing Palmer. I think they're really after Newman.

If he is still on the board... :whistle: The Oakland Raiders with their (fill in the blank with one of their 1st round picks) select... Willis McGahee, RB from Miami.I think he will be back to at least 99% of what he was before his injury and the Raiders have the luxury of letting him heal for another year before they need his services. The problem is that someone like the Titans could pull the trigger before the Raiders even get to pick, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.If McGahee doesn't make it down to the Raiders, other options might be Kyle Boller, QB from Cal (another one that might not fall that far though) or an offensive lineman such as Jeff Faine, Center from Notre Dame. Being 31 and 32 make a kinda tough to predict though. :brush:

Seattle Seahawks! They had better draft a DT or a DE from a big name schoollike Miami or I'm jumping off the ban wagon!
With our beloved 'Hawks' recent signing of former 49ers DE Chike Okeafor (this was the consolation prize for losing out on Douglas & Holliday? Rut Roh and UGH!), hopefully we go after one of the top DTs. It would be nice if William Joseph or Jimmy Kennedy slip to #11, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks gambled on local guy Rien Long should Joseph and Kennedy be off the board.Btw, no need to jump off the bandwagon! We 'Hawks fans are use to frustration. Think Brian Bosworth and Rick Mirer from past drafts :whistle: Just one opinion out of many.

Packers will likely take a LB in round 1. Terry Pierce or Nick Barnett could be who they would look at. Dennis Weathersby at CB could be another option if still available. :blink:

Unless Suggs falls to them, I see the Vikings taking the best defensive player available of Robertson, Kennedy or Trufant.

Indianapolis Colts: Kenny Peterson, DT, Ohio St.

from

http://www.draftbook.com/2003/kennypeterson.html

Rob "Boomer" Rang collected by draftbook.com3-10-03 Entered the season as one of the more under-rated defensive linemen in the country and an early feature on my "Diamonds in the Rough" page. Came to the Buckeyes as the most sought after defensive line prospect in the state. Redshirted as a freshman and methodically worked his way onto the field throughout the next three seasons. Only earned two starts until this past season, but was a fixture in Ohio State's talented rotation at defensive end. Though he was overshadowed nationally by his flashier teammate, Will Smith at end, I felt he was arguably the better prospect entering this season. His combination of size, strength, quickness, and intelligence stood out on film and I questioned why the Buckeyes weren't allowing him more time on the field. Apparently the coaching staff wondered the same thing, as Peterson was moved to defensive tackle during the spring of 2002 in an effort to put Ohio State's top four defensive linemen on the field at once. It was a gamble that paid huge dividends. Peterson went on to enjoy a fantastic season in his first year at the position; doubling his career output in nearly every statistical category. He finished the season with 43 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 6 sacks, 6 passes broken up, and 2 forced fumbles. While these were very god numbers for Peterson, when compared stat for stat with some of the other players on this list, Peterson clearly doesn't match up. What is so exciting about Peterson, however, is how he improved over the course of the season. This was a intriguing, potential middle round prospect entering the season, but as the year wore on and the Buckeyes were positioning themselves for their national championship, there weren't many defensive linemen in the country more unstoppable than #97. As the games became more and more important, Peterson seemingly became more and more active. He was almost unblockable against Miami in the Fiesta Bowl, racking up three tackles for loss and two sacks against an offensive line considered one of college football's best. All of this said, there is some concern as to where he best matches up at the next level. He has bulked up to 300 pounds and has the strength to hold up at defensive tackle. Some teams, however, are even more intrigued by his combination of quickness and strength at defensive end and see him eventually developing into a Joe Johnson type threat. Peterson has a very good first step off the snap and can get the offensive lineman off balance. Intelligent. Reads the play and doesn't lose contain when playing the outside. Reads the screen and latches on to the running back to kill the play. Has developed some interior pass rush moves already, though he usually gets by now with his excellent hand usage and a pure bull rush. One of the more hard working and classy athletes of the draft, I see great things in store for this prospect, regardless of his pro position... General Grade: 1.70, Position Grade: .85

Ditto for Robertson to our Vikes.ALSO: As I look at the schedule for this season, I see the Vikes ending up with a 9-7 or 8-8 season if they play like last year. If their defense is improved and offensive line holds up, with less turnovers on offense, I see 10 wins or possiby more with a trip to the playoffs. They will suprise people if their defense comes around.

Most people seem to think the Bills will take a defensive lineman, but I'd like them to take Polamalu. I am not sold on Coy Wire (I know he is a fan favorite, but I don't think he is that good), Pearson Preilou, or Ike Reese. Bills have addressed the line with Adams and linebacker with Spikes. I think that Polamalu will be able to start right away, and help shore up the secondary.

The Raiders don't have a RB under the age of thirty. And haven't drafted a RB in the 1st Rd. since taking Kaufman back in '95. They are so unpredictable, but if Maghee is there I hope they take him. :angry:

Seahawks...saw a couple earlier, but my $.02. Would love to get Kennedy if he fell to them. Doubt he will, but keep the fingers crossed. Otherwise, probably stay at the D-line with choice of Williams or Joseph. Outside chance of Trufant there if he is available. However, I've also heard local rumors, that they may try to trade down and get an extra pick and pick a D-line a little later in the first.

Users who are viewing this thread