What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who you buying or selling? (1 Viewer)

Count me in with respect to Arians. Guy can still flat coach and is one of the few coaches that still runs a hybrid Air Coryell where chunk yardage is a huge factor in the offense. If you play standard, Winston and Evans look pretty good.  

Well I just saw that Guice posted a video of himself running sprints 5 hours ago.

I didn't watch it. Working (sort of).
It was straight running only and he has not incorporated any cuts.  He is still quite away off from being back to form.  I am still leery and won't get him at his price tag anywhere prior to the start of the season.  I think he starts off really slow and then maybe his price will drop to the point he is worth acquiring.  Right now he is still way too pricey. 

so we are selling Mike Evans now? 

I think the time is right to bail on Julio and AJ Green 
I actually think its the perfect time to buy Green and especially Julio, pretty much for the reason that people are selling. People are always worried about the cliff and getting caught holding the bag when it happens. There has been zero reason to suspect Julio is even close to that area. He's got a high-end QB, still has his big play ability, and now has a running mate that teams have to account for, instead of doubling and tripling Julio. I think that makes Julio better and more consistent going forward, and I think we saw that a little bit down the stretch run, when Julio was suddenly getting in the endzone every week.

In Green's case, I think the time to sell was after 2016, if you wanted to get great value for him. Right now, is likely selling low. He's ranked on the WR1 fringe right now. Maybe someone will buy higher, on the idea that an actual offensive coach will make the entire offense more effective, but that feels worth waiting out, or buying, to me in case that is exactly what happens.

travdogg said:
There has been zero reason to suspect Julio is even close to that area.
I agree with you but to be fair, Julio has had foot issues his whole career including the end of 2018. It is a plus from a seller's standpoint that he didn't miss any time and is still seen as a reliable starter. If Green started the whole year it'd be easier to sell him now. But it's been a persistent problem for Julio for 5 years. It's possible Megatron retired early in part because of persistent ankle/achilles issues. That said, great (generational) players tend to keep playing, and I think Julio and Green both qualify and I wouldn't shy away from buying. I would throw Brown in the group too. People will sell for less because of age + the sour taste of his argument with the Steelers, but he has a lot of career left.

It was straight running only and he has not incorporated any cuts.  He is still quite away off from being back to form.  I am still leery and won't get him at his price tag anywhere prior to the start of the season.  I think he starts off really slow and then maybe his price will drop to the point he is worth acquiring.  Right now he is still way too pricey. 
What is his price tag in your leagues?

I am not sure what the cost would be. I have Guice and I am not selling in leagues where I have him.

I see in Mike Clay has Guice ranked 61 overall in his current dynasty rankings.

Clay does not have any rookie players in his rankings yet, but when he does add them, he is usually pretty aggressive and I think at least a few 2019 roookies will be ranked ahead of 61.

It is still high enough that the asking price in rookie picks would be a 1st round pick. Based on Clays ranking, that is borderline 1st round prospect though, or a later 1st.

I like him better than any of the 2019 rookies, so buying him for a 1st round pick would not be too expensive in my view.

What is his price tag in your leagues?

I am not sure what the cost would be. I have Guice and I am not selling in leagues where I have him.

I see in Mike Clay has Guice ranked 61 overall in his current dynasty rankings.

Clay does not have any rookie players in his rankings yet, but when he does add them, he is usually pretty aggressive and I think at least a few 2019 roookies will be ranked ahead of 61.

It is still high enough that the asking price in rookie picks would be a 1st round pick. Based on Clays ranking, that is borderline 1st round prospect though, or a later 1st.

I like him better than any of the 2019 rookies, so buying him for a 1st round pick would not be too expensive in my view.
Guice is pretty polarizing.  Most of the guys that have him in my leagues are all in so they want overpayment for him.  They want a 1st and plug in starter.  I think you either really love him and already have him because you already invested or don't trust him and won't pay even money for him.  If you can get a deal great but not full price.  So it's one of those situations that he is almost unmovable in most cases.

Users who are viewing this thread