What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's the biggest goat (1 Viewer)

Who did the most to Cost the 'hawks the game?

• Josh brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Rouen

• Jerramy Stevens

• Mike Holmgren

• Darrell Jackson

• Sean Locklear

• Matt Hasselbeck

• Etric Pruitt

• Chris Gray

• Zebras

• Other

• Total voters
Holmgrem:

- for failing to use Alexander even after his solid runs

- failing to find a way to have his team take control of the game

- poor clock management

Rouen - how many chances do you need to pin the Steelers down deep in their own territory? He was horrible. With the Steelers playing as poorly as they were in the 1st half, Rouen getting even 1 punt within the 5 yard line could have been the difference.

Stevens...basically for writing a check with his mouth that his posterior could not cash. Three dropped passes - all in crucial situations - was inexcusable.

lots of blame to go around, but who wears the bigggest set of goat horns here?
I'd say Hasselback. His performance in the final 4 minutes was atrocious. You need two scores and he's letting time run off and audibilizing to senseless plays. Plays in the middle of the field? Taking forever to get rid of the ball? Running plays? They looked lost out there. I don't know why they didn't atleast kick the field goal. They weren't even going for the endzone! What the heck? :confused:

Stevens...basically for writing a check with his mouth that his posterior could not cash. Three dropped passes - all in crucial situations - was inexcusable.
I agree 100%. And now he'll go back to his offseason issues, get arrested for DUI and never be heard from again.

Holmgrem:

- poor clock management
I pretty much agree with this, especially the poor clock management. I've seen high school teams do better than this, much better.Stevens would also be a good pick.

The blame can be placed all over the place, but I do agree that Stevens (despite having that TD catch) should get a fair amount of blame. He dropped at LEAST 3 passes that were catchable, that would have REALLLLLLY helped them...

You can't blame Josh Brown that much. Both missed FGs were from a good ways out, and were definitely not gimmies. At least he didn't miss by a TON like Vanderjerk a few weeks ago... :lmao:

I voted Pruitt. He gave up 2 TD's. Course that is why he is a second stringer. He committed to early on both the Parker and Ward TD's

Rouen - how many chances do you need to pin the Steelers down deep in their own territory? He was horrible. With the Steelers playing as poorly as they were in the 1st half, Rouen getting even 1 punt within the 5 yard line could have been the difference.
I agree. Field position is huge part of the game and Rouen goes and kicks 4 touchbacks.

I voted for Stevens, but Holmgren was a close second. His clock management at the end of both halves was atrocious.

This one gets shared by a distinct handfull.

I was most surprised by Rouen's inability to keep the ball out of the endzone. With the Steelers having trouble even getting a first down in the first quarter, the field position could've made it much easier for Seattle to put some early points on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that all of his dropped passes hurt his team, but I still do not see anything wrong with him saying Seattle was going to win the game. Porter getting all bent out of shape and making it more than it was is what made it a bigger issue that it should have been.

the zebras will be evenyually be forgotten by jerramy stevens will never escape his performance on sunday

I think Hasselbeck was arguably the game's MVP. Of course, I think that the MVP should go to the best player on either team.

I voted for Zebras, but then realized that Jerramy Stevens was atrocious in that game. Chalk another victory up for snap-decisions.

Stevens...basically for writing a check with his mouth that his posterior could not cash.  Three dropped passes - all in crucial situations - was inexcusable.
I agree 100%. And now he'll go back to his offseason issues, get arrested for DUI and never be heard from again.
Yea, and Porter was terrific? Other than the "horse collar" tackle on SA Porter was invisible!! Big Mouth ..... non player! :lmao:

Holmgrem:

- poor clock management
If there were a "blinking light" function, I'd put that on here too.Clock management was abysmal, enough to prompt me to ask "is he trying to throw the Super Bowl?"

Add - when we're sharing blame all across a team, there's one common denominator - the coach did not get his players to perform.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were many places to point a finger. I picked Stevens. He dropped several very long passes that would have been game momentum changers.

The anymosity directed towards Stevens is not warranted.

Exactly what did he say? And how many times did he say it? Surreal how all we saw was Porter all week long running his chops. Stevens also did several interviews through the week, but none of them were broadcast. He was composed and classy all week. Porter? Not so much.

Yes, Stevens dropped several passes in the game. They hurt the team a ton. However, the one time I saw Stevens blocking Porter was on the third down carry by Mack Strong. Porter got buried and was taken completely out of the play. I understand the rants though. Percpetion is always more fun than reality.

Exactly what did he say? And how many times did he say it? Surreal how all we saw was Porter all week long running his chops. Stevens also did several interviews through the week, but none of them were broadcast. He was composed and classy all week. Porter? Not so much.

Yes, Stevens dropped several passes in the game. They hurt the team a ton. However, the one time I saw Stevens blocking Porter was on the third down carry by Mack Strong. Porter got buried and was taken completely out of the play. I understand the rants though. Percpetion is always more fun than reality.
Shick I can agree with this but the goat generally has to come from the losing team and who better than Stevens? Even if he didn't say anything at all, he had 3 huge drops in the game that probably was the biggest reason they lost. Can't think of a better definition than that for goat.

Shick I can agree with this but the goat generally has to come from the losing team and who better than Stevens? Even if he didn't say anything at all, he had 3 huge drops in the game that probably was the biggest reason they lost. Can't think of a better definition than that for goat.
I don't disagree with the "gaot" tag, but when I read this...
and this...
... you have a case of ignorance and hyperbole run wild.

I don't disagree with the "gaot" tag, but when I read this...
Stevens...basically for writing a check with his mouth that his posterior could not cash.  Three dropped passes - all in crucial situations - was inexcusable.
and this...
... you have a case of ignorance and hyperbole run wild.
:goodposting: Stevens comments were about as nonthreatening as possible. Porter was just itching for an opportunity to explode.

ps - the correct answer is Rouen

lots of blame to go around, but who wears the bigggest set of goat horns here?
I'd say Hasselback. His performance in the final 4 minutes was atrocious. You need two scores and he's letting time run off and audibilizing to senseless plays. Plays in the middle of the field? Taking forever to get rid of the ball? Running plays? They looked lost out there. I don't know why they didn't atleast kick the field goal. They weren't even going for the endzone! What the heck? :confused:
You've gotta be kidding. Without Hass that game is 35-3, and yes that is with scoring more points because Hass was the only thing keeping the Hawks on the field. It's too bad that there has to be someone on the other end of a pass, because Hass basically worked them into the endzone 5 times that they ended up not scoring due to a blown call or a blown play by the WR (aka Djax penalty, phantom holding, Djax out of bounds when he could've dragged that second foot, Stevens drop inside the 5, and Engram drop inside the 5).I've been down on Hass lately, but he impressed me far far more than anyone else on either team in that ballgame.

Users who are viewing this thread