What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's Your Least Favorite Character On "Ted Lasso"? (1 Viewer)

Who's Your Least Favorite Character on "Ted Lasso"?

• Ted Lasso

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Coach Beard

• Roy Kent

• Leslie Higgins

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Nathan Shelley

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Rebecca Welton

• Keeley Jones

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Rupert Mannion

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters

northern exposure

Footballguy
Who is your least favorite character on "Ted Lasso"? Great show, but as I watch the show I find there's one character that I wouldn't miss if they left it.
Who's your choice?

Regarding the Ted Lasso character choice, I have a co-worker that says he would enjoy the show more if that "goody two shoes hick" wasn't a part of it. Hot take. Lol.

I haven't seen the new season. but I could do without boss lady... even though I get her role in the show.

Two of my top characters in season one, Ted and Keeley, are close to the bottom in this season. Even Roy has been boring so far. Nate has been awful in season two and three after being great in season one also. He was my vote for this. Leslie, Beard, and the Pub Peeps have been great all three seasons.

My favorite current character is Jamie TART!

(doom doom, doom, da da doom)

Nate - not so much that I dislike him as a villain but it seems inconceivable to me that someone who had so little self-esteem and was so quiet would so quickly turn in to an ******* like that.
His “turn” just seemed so forced and like you said unrealistic in context. I don’t have Apple TV anymore and to be honest, while I liked the show, the Nate storyline makes me not so anxious to reinstate my Apple TV account.

Nate - not so much that I dislike him as a villain but it seems inconceivable to me that someone who had so little self-esteem and was so quiet would so quickly turn in to an ******* like that.
His “turn” just seemed so forced and like you said unrealistic in context. I don’t have Apple TV anymore and to be honest, while I liked the show, the Nate storyline makes me not so anxious to reinstate my Apple TV account.

I could this setting up for Richmond to nip West Ham for the title and then Ted goes back to the States and Nate makes amends and leaves Rupert and the Hammers to go “home” to Richmond and replace Ted.

Beard. They have turned him into a complete side show. His role (and the writing for it) in the first two episodes of this season was laughably bad.

Keeley is floundering a bit this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they run one more season without Lasso. Lasso loses in the playoffs and goes back to the States. Beard, Roy and Nate (leaving West Ham and coming back to Richmond) coach for one more season and bring Richmond the title by using "The Lasso Way".

I could this setting up for Richmond to nip West Ham for the title and then Ted goes back to the States and Nate makes amends and leaves Rupert and the Hammers to go “home” to Richmond and replace Ted.
Ted goes back to the states and is offered an NFL job.
They are foreshadowing Roy taking over for Ted though, not Nate.

Nate doesn't have to become Richmond coach to resolve his character. He just has to reconcile with Ted and then tell Rupert to eat a ****.

I wouldn't be surprised if they run one more season without Lasso. Lasso loses in the playoffs and goes back to the States. Beard, Roy and Nate (leaving West Ham and coming back to Richmond) coach for one more season and bring Richmond the title by using "The Lasso Way".
Agreed - Apple TV doesnt want to lose its hit show but Sudekis is likely done. They have gone out of their way to turn it more into a group show with the team becoming a much bigger part. I think they try to go one season without Ted or possibly a spin off to try to keep the money truck rolling.

Agreed - Apple TV doesnt want to lose its hit show but Sudekis is likely done. They have gone out of their way to turn it more into a group show with the team becoming a much bigger part. I think they try to go one season without Ted or possibly a spin off to try to keep the money truck rolling.
Haven't they officially announced this is the last season?

Haven't they officially announced this is the last season?

I think Sudekis has said its the last season....but they're floating a weird "we haven't not said it isn't the last season" alongside the idea of spin offs.

I could do without Keely at this point.
Same. Keely is bothering me this season for some reason. It's almost like they're trying too hard with the character.

Rupert is a good villain and the Nate character was so botched by the writers that I actually feel badly for the character at this point.

It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized the answer is Keely. I think they could have gone in some interesting directions with her. We've all known (or been) that serial monogamist who jumps from one long-term relationship to the next, and maybe her character arc is eventually taking her to a place where she's independent enough not to constantly need a long-term partner. But for now it hasn't been all that interesting

Users who are viewing this thread