What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why are Green Bay QB's so annoying? (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
In full disclosure, I was ranting about Favre's overzealous celebrations when he was still in GB. Running down the field with his index fingers extended and looking for people to celerate with him.

Now Rogers is doing some type of stupid mock wrestling championship belt thing when he runs in a TD - or how about how he skips down the field when he throws one.

Compared to most quarterbacks - leaving out the Detmers - these guys are way overboard.

I can't be the only one hating on it, can I?

In full disclosure, I was ranting about Favre's overzealous celebrations when he was still in GB. Running down the field with his index fingers extended and looking for people to celerate with him.Now Rogers is doing some type of stupid mock wrestling championship belt thing when he runs in a TD - or how about how he skips down the field when he throws one.Compared to most quarterbacks - leaving out the Detmers - these guys are way overboard.I can't be the only one hating on it, can I?
No. It's super immature, and it's pretty comical that he does it when he calls his own number, which he wouldn't be doing if Green Bay had a running game. Meanwhile, his celebration looks even more pathetic when he does it in losses, such as today. :thumbup:

There are SO MANY players who celebrate in the NFL ... to isolate Packers QBs is just downright silly. It is a game, it is emotional, it is supposed to be fun, old school mentality is dead and honestly that isn't such a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, somebody showed emotion, grab your pitchforks and lets get him.
When the emotion is brazen cockiness that laughingly is a part of losing contests I'd say it deserves some scrutiny. It doesn't annoy you that he's more concerned with roleplaying WWE fantasies than winning games?

In full disclosure, I was ranting about Favre's overzealous celebrations when he was still in GB. Running down the field with his index fingers extended and looking for people to celerate with him.Now Rogers is doing some type of stupid mock wrestling championship belt thing when he runs in a TD - or how about how he skips down the field when he throws one.Compared to most quarterbacks - leaving out the Detmers - these guys are way overboard.I can't be the only one hating on it, can I?
No. It's super immature, and it's pretty comical that he does it when he calls his own number, which he wouldn't be doing if Green Bay had a running game. Meanwhile, his celebration looks even more pathetic when he does it in losses, such as today. :thumbup:
I'd bring up Allen's ridiculous sack celebrations but he really hasn't had much of a chance to do them this year... :excited:

When the emotion is brazen cockiness that laughingly is a part of losing contests I'd say it deserves some scrutiny. It doesn't annoy you that he's more concerned with roleplaying WWE fantasies than winning games?
Pretty sure he was adequately focused on winning the game ... at least it seemed that way to me

No. It's super immature, and it's pretty comical that he does it when he calls his own number, which he wouldn't be doing if Green Bay had a running game. Meanwhile, his celebration looks even more pathetic when he does it in losses, such as today. :unsure:
I'd bring up Allen's ridiculous sack celebrations but he really hasn't had much of a chance to do them this year... :shrug:
There's a lower bar of expectations for DE's than QBs. Plus, Allen got one today, so :P

So he can celebrate when he wins? Does that mean only celebrations are allowed for the winning team after the game? Wouldn't that be poor sportsmanship? I am pretty sure if he was doing that there would be 10 thread on that after the game.And to answer your question, I will start being concerned when he isn't the all-time leader in passer rating in the history of the NFL. Until then, I will enjoy the ride.

There are SO MANY players who celebrate in the NFL ... to isolate Packers QBs is just downright silly. It is a game, it is emotional, it is supposed to be fun, old school mentality is dead and honestly that isn't such a bad thing.
you know what was fun... seeeing the packers lose and bears win... that was FUN

Oh come on.
3 of his 4 rushing TD John Cena impersonation title belt celebrations have come in games the Green Bay Packers have lost this year. If you don't think he is distracted by his post-TD celebration routine you are sorely mistaken. Clearly this shows he's putting himself above the team.

this post screams insecurity.
That's weird, because the Bears are probably feeling pretty secure with their game and a half lead over the Packers, who have a tough stretch ahead of them with games against NE, NYG, and Chicago. But you're free to project onto others.

Oh come on.
3 of his 4 rushing TD John Cena impersonation title belt celebrations have come in games the Green Bay Packers have lost this year. If you don't think he is distracted by his post-TD celebration routine you are sorely mistaken. Clearly this shows he's putting himself above the team.
Trolling much? :unsure:

Oh come on.
Can you be more bitter?

Scotty of course is the authority on bashing the Packers.Its not brazen cockiness...its the guy having fun. Read any interview of the guy when he discusses it.I don't think he is more concerned with roleplaying WWE fantasies than winning games.I think he likes to have fun while on the field and gets excited after big plays.I guess instead of the belt he should now cover kickoffs huh?

Oh come on.
This has to be fishing now...

this post screams insecurity.
That's weird, because the Bears are probably feeling pretty secure with their game and a half lead over the Packers, who have a tough stretch ahead of them with games against NE, NYG, and Chicago. But you're free to project onto others.
Except its only a 1 game lead.And talk about projecting onto others...

Oh come on.
This has to be fishing now...
TD celebrations when you're not ahead are dumb. Doing it when you tie is in poor taste, because it might just incense the offense to take the ball, focus on the game at hand, and drive it down your defense's throat and stab your d in the heart with a game winning drive. These are just observations, I didn't start this thread, I just agree with the OP. :(

I hate it when a guy makes a great play and his teammates are chasing him trying to celebrate together and can't catch up to the dude because he's so eager to celebrate / pose / show-off by himself. You see this happen all the time.

I think it's cool when you see a QB celebrating with his O Line or running downfield to celebrate with the WR.

Oh come on.
This is such an absurd view I can't even bring myself to respond seriously to it. I imagine this guy is an 85 year old bitter old man standing on his front porch and yelling at kids to get off his lawn and whining how everything was more respectful and better in the 50's.

TD celebrations when you're not ahead are dumb. Doing it when you tie is in poor taste, because it might just incense the offense to take the ball, focus on the game at hand, and drive it down your defense's throat and stab your d in the heart with a game winning drive. These are just observations, I didn't start this thread, I just agree with the OP. :goodposting:
So they are no good when you run in for the tying score?You are hilarious.

His championship belt tug routine is pretty weak.
Its a throwback to things he and his brothers used to do when playing pickup basketball games and things.I find it hilarious that some people are getting so bent out of shape over his few little celebrations.

Are you trying to say that Aaron Rodgers laid the wood to the Vikings twice this year not for the wins, but so he could celebrate? And here I thought that movie was exaggerating how depressing a city Fargo is.

I'd say Brady is 100x more annoying with him visciously spiking the ball after running in a TD to go up by 30+, then head butting everyone on the sidelines.

Rodgers is the best and how dare you call him annoying

(Rodgers is my FF QB)

Oh come on.
The most annoying part about these comments is that any poster who correctly describes you based on the above runs the risk of getting a board suspension.

In full disclosure, I was ranting about Favre's overzealous celebrations when he was still in GB. Running down the field with his index fingers extended and looking for people to celerate with him.
Favre is a future HOFer. He can celebrate anyway he pleases.
Now Rogers is doing some type of stupid mock wrestling championship belt thing when he runs in a TD - or how about how he skips down the field when he throws one.

Compared to most quarterbacks - leaving out the Detmers - these guys are way overboard.

Wat? I haven't witnessed this before. Are you referring to that #### hip thrust thing he does after a big play? NTTATWWT.

Oh come on.
The most annoying part about these comments is that any poster who correctly describes you based on the above runs the risk of getting a board suspension.
Agreed. No chance the description doesn't circumvent the language filter

Its a throwback to things he and his brothers used to do when playing pickup basketball games and things.I find it hilarious that some people are getting so bent out of shape over his few little celebrations.
I think it comes across a little immature and goofy. I like Rodgers a lot, think the Packers are a great historical NFL team but I honestly get embarressed for him when he does that. Not eveyone who watches a SNF game or MNF knows that story of how it all started. W/e, it doesn't bother me that much but I wish he didn't do that belt thing, it's on the lame side to me.

Oh come on.
I don't think calling me accurate will get you suspended.You could try debating the facts I presented instead of worrying about attacking me because you're annoyed the Packers lost. I know correlation does not equal causation, but 75%? That's notable.

Again, I don't know why you're mad at me. It's not my thread, I'm just commenting on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw it... I thought maybe he was strapping on the "fantasy football MVP" belt (2 years running).People need to lighten up a little.

I don't think calling me accurate will get you suspended.You could try debating the facts I presented instead of worrying about attacking me because you're annoyed the Packers lost. I know correlation does not equal causation, but 75%? That's notable.

Again, I don't know why you're mad at me. It's not my thread, I'm just commenting on it.
I'm not mad at you in the least. Not sure where you get that impression from. Nor am I debating the, um, facts that you presented. Rather the silly interpretation you've drawn from those facts. But hey, you are always good for comedy value around here. Enjoy the Vike's success this weekend.

I think it comes across a little immature and goofy.
Maybe so, but I'll take it over a receiver of runningback scoring and then pushing his lineman out of the way so he can freak dance. Just me.

I think it's the 2nd best mini celebration goin. Way better than some lame "smack dat ###" dance, the "dougie" or any other body shakin crap. I mean, the dude is THE PEOPLES CHAMP for crissakes, lay off.

How about all the "awesome" he had on his face in the preseason? Now that was f'n cool! Match that w the title belt and you got a winner in my book.

Hillis' rage filled, arms wide scream is the best IMO

I think it's the 2nd best mini celebration goin. Way better than some lame "smack dat ###" dance, the "dougie" or any other body shakin crap. I mean, the dude is THE PEOPLES CHAMP for crissakes, lay off.

How about all the "awesome" he had on his face in the preseason? Now that was f'n cool! Match that w the title belt and you got a winner in my book.

Hillis' rage filled, arms wide scream is the best IMO
I thought that was FredEx? :P And before him... Larry Holmes. :shrug:

I saw it... I thought maybe he was strapping on the "fantasy football MVP" belt (2 years running).People need to lighten up a little.
I think he not only fumbled the game away in Atlanta, he also fumbled the FF MVP title right over to Mr. Arian Foster!!!

No. It's super immature
Speaking of displaying immaturity.... :thumbdown:

You started a complete thread on what Rodgers does after scoring?This thread is completely annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread