What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is SWATTING a member of Congress not a FELONY (1 Viewer)

tonysmiles

Footballguy
Marjorie Taylor Greene was the victim of 2 swatting calls at her GA residence 2 nights in a row. Several Republicans have been swatted without incident. Not all swatting calls end without incident as several have gamers have had there homes destroyed, pets killed, and have been killed themselves by police. When will authorities start charging those making those calls with 1st degree felonies especially if a loss of life occurs including a pet.

Swatting of MTG

Another reason to hold the Democratic Party and its unhinged members for these calls

I agree that swatting of anyone is horrible. Are you sure it is not a felony? I assume it would result in some pretty serious charges. I imagine the biggest problem is actually catching the person responsible.

Well these two calls against MGT were first handled with a call or sending an officer to the home to see if they held merit and they realized when everything was fine it was deemed false and the calls were placed from an internet dialer behind a VPN another reason no SIP client soft phone should be allowed to work if its source IP address is not validated sort of like the stir shaken technology being used to stop spam and robocalls

Law Enforcement needs to request triangulation records with all these calls because on a SIP call if logging is correctly set the MAC Address of the device is logged even if your using a VPN and the MAC is unique

Marjorie Taylor Greene was the victim of 2 swatting calls at her GA residence 2 nights in a row. Several Republicans have been swatted without incident. Not all swatting calls end without incident as several have gamers have had there homes destroyed, pets killed, and have been killed themselves by police. When will authorities start charging those making those calls with 1st degree felonies especially if a loss of life occurs including a pet.

Swatting of MTG

Another reason to hold the Democratic Party and its unhinged members for these calls
Agreed that anybody caught doing this should be prosecuted.

But I don’t believe this has anything to do with the Democratic Party

It’s obviously illegal, not a lawyer, and not familiar with the statutes everywhere, but it definitely seems like it should be a felony if it’s not. It also seems like the law should be consistently applied no matter who the threat is against.

Swatting of MTG

What evidence do you have that this is related to the DNC?

Swatting of MTG

Sounds like a lone wolf nut job.

Swatting of MTG

Sounds like a lone wolf nut job.
Maybe...or it could be a group like kiwi farms, 4chan, anonymous, etc.

Link to evidence of the Democrats doing this?
Nothing firm, but the caller said it was due to her Transgender bill she just introduced. Transgender issues lean more D than R imo, so I think its a safer assumption.

And like I've said before, I think the BLM/Antifa riots from 2020 set a bad precedent that extreme measures can be used to make your voice heard.

Swatting of MTG

I agree, probably was a Democrat who did it but not officially part of the DNC.

Swatting of MTG

I agree, probably was a Democrat who did it but not officially part of the DNC.
I understand how easy it is to put this on a Democrat but until they're caught I like to give the benefit of the doubt. Considering how acerbic her positions are it may well have been a neighbor or someone she's ridiculed in her area. I'm thinking of the Boebert neighbors who have to deal with her family. Politics weren't involved there. I'm all for making swatting a felony. I'd be surprised if it isn't considering that it puts lives at stake.

Nothing firm, but the caller said it was due to her Transgender bill she just introduced. Transgender issues lean more D than R imo, so I think its a safer assumption.

And like I've said before, I think the BLM/Antifa riots from 2020 set a bad precedent that extreme measures can be used to make your voice heard.
Why would LE respond with a SWAT team on a call regarding a LGBT Bill?

I agree that swatting should be a felony.

Since I never heard of swatting until I watched the Netflix series a few weeks ago, I'd guess that the odds are that this was done by someone relatively young (i.e., in the know) and probably more likely leans towards democrats or at least more likely left.

If this was done under the direction of any organization, political or otherwise the entire "in the loop" structure of that organization needs to be brought to appropriate justice.

Assuming this is politically motivated, it certainly falls under the "political violence" that the president just stated was unacceptable and needs to stop. (Whether you believe he would include it or not.)

I was listening to a podcast on the way from home work, so someone check me if I'm off with a fact here...

The original call was that someone was killed in MTG's bathroom. The person called back after the fact to say it was over her anti-trans position.

Since I never heard of swatting until I watched the Netflix series a few weeks ago, I'd guess that the odds are that this was done by someone relatively young (i.e., in the know) and probably more likely leans towards democrats or at least more likely left.

If this was done under the direction of any organization, political or otherwise the entire "in the loop" structure of that organization needs to be brought to appropriate justice.

Assuming this is politically motivated, it certainly falls under the "political violence" that the president just stated was unacceptable and needs to stop. (Whether you believe he would include it or not.)
I agree with you. Just now trying to get facts on the MTG swatting, this article came up. Its just such a fine line with the first amendment. I think everyone should be entitled to their views. When those views become violent, where is the line drawn? Should a line ever be drawn?

I agree with you. Just now trying to get facts on the MTG swatting, this article came up. Its just such a fine line with the first amendment. I think everyone should be entitled to their views. When those views become violent, where is the line drawn? Should a line ever be drawn?

So it was kiwifarms behind swatting MTG? Odd.

There's another thread about them here in the PSF. Clearly not an organization that could be aligned in any way, shape, or form with the DNC, Democrats, or even left wing ideology.

Until the 2020 election around 40% of eligible Americans who could vote don't. Just as likely they weren't Democrat or Republican.

I was listening to a podcast on the way from home work, so someone check me if I'm off with a fact here...

The original call was that someone was killed in MTG's bathroom. The person called back after the fact to say it was over her anti-trans position.
I would like to think that many conservatives would also be horrified by Greene’s anti-trans bill. I know many Republicans, including many who were strongly for Trump, who are not anti-trans at all.

But in any event, even if the criminal who did this was a card carrying member of the Democratic Party, it still would be wrong to blame the Democratic Party as a whole, as the OP appears to do.

Huh I thought they said they were taking kiwi down. I guess they changed their minds.

There's another thread about them here in the PSF. Clearly not an organization that could be aligned in any way, shape, or form with the DNC, Democrats, or even left wing ideology.
:shrug: I don't know anything about it from either perspective. I thought it was a cloud fare thing.

:shrug: I don't know anything about it from either perspective. I thought it was a cloud fare thing.
I know...my reply wasn't necessarily at you GB, more a general note.

I would like to think that many conservatives would also be horrified by Greene’s anti-trans bill. I know many Republicans, including many who were strongly for Trump, who are not anti-trans at all.

But in any event, even if the criminal who did this was a card carrying member of the Democratic Party, it still would be wrong to blame the Democratic Party as a whole, as the OP appears to do.
Let just do this across the board and I'll be happy.

I know...my reply wasn't necessarily at you GB, more a general note.
The internet confuses and frightens me. I turned 40 this year, so I'm blaming everyone over 40 for causing the worlds problems and everyone under 40 for exacerbating them.

You mean don’t generalize and blame a whole group for the actions of one or a few? I agree.

You mean don’t generalize and blame a whole group for the actions of one or a few? I agree.
We all agree. And i'm not throwing stones here, but my Swalwell Tweets threat last week was also a highlight to those issues. MTG and Bobert do it as well, but lets all just acknowledge this is a both sides issue.

We all agree. And i'm not throwing stones here, but my Swalwell Tweets threat last week was also a highlight to those issues. MTG and Bobert do it as well, but lets all just acknowledge this is a both sides issue.
meh....the actions of you guys who start these threads (both "sides"), targeting a specific person instead of starting the threads around the general problem, suggests that you don't. If it's really something that one believes is "both sides" the topic would be along the lines of "Politicians Tweeting and Saying Stupid Things" where examples from across the spectrum are used. The "sides" wouldn't be singling out the other "side" and using ONLY them as examples.

Normally, I don't even click on these threads. Thread title here seemed reasonable. I was duped. Just more of the same.

meh....the actions of you guys who start these threads (both "sides"), targeting a specific person instead of starting the threads around the general problem, suggests that you don't. If it's really something that one believes is "both sides" the topic would be along the lines of "Politicians Tweeting and Saying Stupid Things" where examples from across the spectrum are used. The "sides" wouldn't be singling out the other "side" and using ONLY them as examples.

Normally, I don't even click on these threads. Thread title here seemed reasonable. I was duped. Just more of the same.
Hey, I started the swalwell threat after he reported bias. It was about the 4th time he started that same thread.

You want to identify the problem, so You start the thread to address the issue... Unless you believe the issue is only one sided.

Swatting of MTG

I agree that Swatting should be a felony.

I'm not certain that she was swatted by Democrats. I honestly do not know the details and as weird as it sounds, an ultraright Internet group called Kiwifarms is supposedly responsible for swatting her. That seems weird though, you'd think they'd be buddies, but when you get way out on the fringes, I guess small differences can seem quite large.

Regardless, whoever did the crime should do the time.

Steve Bannon's DC House was swatted on Sept 1st for a second time in recent months.

'This is 100 percent triggered by the White House: the White House spokeswoman earlier that day, Biden's announcements over the last couple of days,' he said.

'The White House is trying to use this type of violence. They're stirring up the unstable people on the far left to do this.'

Hey, I started the swalwell threat after he reported bias. It was about the 4th time he started that same thread.

You want to identify the problem, so You start the thread to address the issue... Unless you believe the issue is only one sided.
We should start the thread with content on the issue overall, not singling out a "side". That's the point. That rarely happens around here. When one claims to know it's both "sides" but only focuses on one side with their examples, it comes across a bit disingenuous.

Steve Bannon's DC House was swatted on Sept 1st for a second time in recent months.

'This is 100 percent triggered by the White House: the White House spokeswoman earlier that day, Biden's announcements over the last couple of days,' he said.

'The White House is trying to use this type of violence. They're stirring up the unstable people on the far left to do this.'
They were vehemently rejecting this sort of idea/concept just a few short months ago. :lol:

Last edited:
Swatting, it doesn't matter whether the cause of it is left wing loonies, right wing loonies, kids mad at someone from a video game, adults mad at someone for some tribal reason... It should be a felony. People have literally died from it.

Swatting, it doesn't matter whether the cause of it is left wing loonies, right wing loonies, kids mad at someone from a video game, adults mad at someone for some tribal reason... It should be a felony. People have literally died from it.
:goodposting:

Actually no sitting politician has been ever swatted until it occurred to Greene. There is a first and I hope this was a last of this conduct towards our elected officials.

Actually no sitting politician has been ever swatted until it occurred to Greene. There is a first and I hope this was a last of this conduct towards our elected officials.
It would be nice if our politicians were crystal clear this is unacceptable. Unfortunately the topic at hand seems to move the bar.

Im shocked Bannon would claim it was Biden's fault...I mean, if we can't believe Steve Bannon, who can we believe?

And no, Im not supporting or condoning swatting him either.

This isn't true and there's been legislation sitting out there for several years.

This isn't true and there's been legislation sitting out there for several years.
I think you misread my comment MTG is the first sitting political person to have been swatted before it has been mainly TWITCH gamers swatting other gamers

Users who are viewing this thread