What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wifi questions (1 Viewer)

Um...you're saying it gets decent coverage now, right, using your Cox gateway which is in the den? With your new setup (dots on your floorplan) there won't be a router in the den anymore. Maybe you should put the third Deco in the den.
Sorry for the confusion. What is labeled as the dining room we use as a den. What's labeled as a den is a bedroom. The main Deco will stay in the dining room (den) where the current panoramic gateway is.

Question about the mesh system: I have 2 houses next to each other- one we live in, and one we will rent. Right now I have an extender that works ok in reaching the part of the second house that is closest to mine, but will need better coverage for the rest of the second house. Would the mesh system work for two separate buildings?

@skol asylum How did the tp-link deco mesh work out? The "cord-cutting for older parents" thread got me thinking about fixing my parents wifi situation.
Seems to work fine. I could probably use one more unit upstairs, or maybe just move the one there to a better location. Speed tests I think actually show a slower connection than my old all in one one unit, but that might be because how it spreads the connection better over a larger distance.

I actually cancelled the TP Link and upgraded to a higher TP Link model which mentioned the wifi 6 speeds. That's what the current gateway supposedly has.

TP-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh System(Deco X20) - Covers up to 5800 Sq.Ft. , Replaces Wireless Routers and Extenders(3-Pack, 6 Ethernet Ports in total, supports Wired Ethernet Backhaul) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085Z35GY6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_KC1GH01R406EXB5DVKCT
For the mesh system is there much difference between the wifi 5 and wifi 6? Is the 6 just the newer technology?

Even though I am a FBG, we have a smaller house. 2 bedroom upstairs with kitchen and living room and bedroom and family room downstairs. Would just 2 units be enough?

I actually cancelled the TP Link and upgraded to a higher TP Link model which mentioned the wifi 6 speeds. That's what the current gateway supposedly has.

TP-Link Deco WiFi 6 Mesh System(Deco X20) - Covers up to 5800 Sq.Ft. , Replaces Wireless Routers and Extenders(3-Pack, 6 Ethernet Ports in total, supports Wired Ethernet Backhaul) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085Z35GY6/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_KC1GH01R406EXB5DVKCT
For the mesh system is there much difference between the wifi 5 and wifi 6? Is the 6 just the newer technology?

Even though I am a FBG, we have a smaller house. 2 bedroom upstairs with kitchen and living room and bedroom and family room downstairs. Would just 2 units be enough?
It's referring to essentially the generation of WiFi. WiFi 5 in real-world scenarios is about 5-600Mbps and WiFi 6 is about 900Mbps-1Gbps.
You also need newer devices to take advantage of WiFi 6, less than 2 years old typically.

Likely. How many square feet? I’m using one unit per 1,200 sq ft floor in my three story house. Doing ASUS AI mesh, works great and easy to upgrade going forward.

I just overkill upgraded my parents' home with a WiFi6 modem and Tri-Band TP-Link WiFi6 AXE5300 mesh system.

Holy smokes is everything internet blazing fast now!

I told my wife we need to upgrade ours to now. The sound you all heard this morning was her rolling her eyes.

I just overkill upgraded my parents' home with a WiFi6 modem and Tri-Band TP-Link WiFi6 AXE5300 mesh system.

Holy smokes is everything internet blazing fast now!

I told my wife we need to upgrade ours to now. The sound you all heard this morning was her rolling her eyes.
My Orbi mesh is easily the best tech I bought in the last 5 years, if not ever

Love my 2 ASUS mesh routers (1 story 2,000 sq ft house). Only thing I wish I had was the hardwire back haul. If I ever upgrade to CAT6, I’m going to run another line between the routers.

Users who are viewing this thread