What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will anything ACTUALLY happen tonight? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I'm sure NFL owners want to sign players tonight to appease some fantasy geeks. Not like they have anything better to do on a Friday night.

Yeah, I'm sure NFL owners want to sign players tonight to appease some fantasy geeks. Not like they have anything better to do on a Friday night.
Yeah, because that's the only reason they would want to sign someone as soon as possible. :(

Good, then I won't be staying up for nothing!! :thumbup:

I think if anything gets done within an hour (or even 12 hours) of free agency starting it should send up red flags. Tampering anyone?

Punter Zastudill signed there too. for "XX" years the writer left it blank to fill in later lol

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_...ts/5200.0.html

Zastudil

By Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

March 11, 2006

Dave Zastudil is coming home.

P Dave Zastudil

Photo By Getty Images

The Browns signed the Bay Village native and Ohio University graduate to a XX-year contract Saturday. Zastudil is expected to become the Browns' third punter in three years.

The Ravens drafted Zastudil in the fourth round in 2002; he replaced Kyle Richardson as the Ravens' punter, just as he's expected to do here. Zastudil has punted in 61 of 64 possible games, averaging 41.6 yards per punt.

His 43.5-yard average last season was a career best.

Zastudil, 27, missed three games in 2004 due to a shoulder injury but has been consistent and dependable otherwise. He was named to the Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team in 2002, set a Ravens record with a 67-yard punt in 2003, and - ironically - his 2004 punt against the Browns forced the Browns to start at their own 1-yard line, leading to the infamous Derrick Frost 7-yard punt and subsequent Ravens touchdown.

For his career, he's landed 89 punts inside the 20-yard line versus 32 touchbacks.

Zastudil was a football and baseball standout at Bay High School before heading to Ohio University, where he led the Mid-American Conference in punting four times. He graduated with a double major in finance and marketing.

Givens to Cleveland posted on team site before midnight.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/n...rts/5199.0.html
There we go folks, now we can all call it a night.
Browns Forum are saying it's a photoshop page and not true... :loco:
The URL is clevelandbrowns.com though...
But goto clevelandbrowns.com and theres no news articles about it yet..
cleveland.com is also talking about this being a rumor and not real signings. :confused:

I am getting plenty of teasing but very little appeasing.

I think that I will work on a new logo while I'm waiting.

KFFL reporting Browns have signed Givens and Zastudil. Still can't believe it, but wouldn't be upset if it were true...

Browns | Team wastes no time in signing ZastudilFri, 10 Mar 2006 21:14:28 -0800Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns wasted no time in free agency by signing free agent P Dave Zastudil (Ravens) to an undisclosed contract.
Browns | Team wastes no time in signing GivensFri, 10 Mar 2006 21:01:46 -0800Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns wasted no time in free agency by signing free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) to an undisclosed contract.

Kffl is reporting that Givens is going to Cle.

Browns | Team wastes no time in signing Givens

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:01:46 -0800

Zac Jackson, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns wasted no time in free agency by signing free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) to an undisclosed contract.

whoops someone beat me to it sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if KFFL is using the same story as we are for a basis.
everything from the dawgtalk forums at clevelandbrowns.com is saying the stories are faked and doctored.nothing mentioned anywhere else yet... :confused:

You know I bet that Minnesota has already made a trade and has just forgot to turn it in on time.
Lol.On the serious side, if it happened tonight, it has to be sent to the league for official approval. Which means both teams have to have the paperwork in on time. Neither team is going to officially announce a last second trade at least until the league has confirmed that both teams have submitted the paperwork. So dont make too much of the silence. We should know tommorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread