What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Derrick Henry play in week 17? (1 Viewer)

It probably shouldn't be allowed to pick up a player then drop that same player for another player all within the same waiver period.
However, if it's allowed........do it!!!!
Strongly disagree with this. I have picked up a BU player many times if my starter is questionable than dropped them before the start of the game once I know my starter is playing.
Good for you. I don't think roster churning should be allowed.
But as I said, if it is, go for it
I disagree with you but would want to make sure somebody can't pickup and drop all the QBs to keep their opponent from getting one.

If someone picks up Bridgewater tomorrow because Tua is questionable than he gets cleared on Sunday I don't have a problem with them dropping him and grabbing someone else during that free agency period because Bridgewater only has value on your roster if Tua doesn't play. Also One of my leagues has short benches so if a player gets injured during the week and I had made a few FA moves to fill my bench I might be stuck getting rid of a starter or taking a zero at a position. Obviously this week doesn't really matter because it is championship week so anyone not starting is expendable as long as my opponent doesn't pick them up to improve their team.
So you agree AND disagree??
Sort of. I don’t think people should be able to pick up a player then drop them within a day so some one else can’t pick them up. I have heard someone once complain that someone picked up a ton of guys and dropped them immediately to block other teams from getting any good players. The scenario I mentioned with the questionable quarterback is a good example and happens all the time.

I'm treating it like he's not playing. Even if he starts, how long before they sit him. They don't need this game.

We all used to do this- oh he practiced? Then he's playing.
In a short week, there are no contact practices and what they do practice is light often with walk throughs.
Sooo we'd often be proven wrong when we used this as an indicator.

Also Henry has so much time in this offense, he could sit all week, and play well.

I shifted to using that as an indicator with young players only

Dallas is a 10 point favorite. Yeah, Titans do not care about this game, and Vegas knows it
The Titans bad OL has to have Micah Parsons salivating at the opportunity. Facing a rookie QB probably puts spring in Diggs step. The Titans (only) top CB is out so Ceedee looks to be rolling.

I'd bet the Cowboys and the ten.

Suppose Henry plays. Unless he dominates early, they will be playing from behind and for FF you're hoping for TDs and receiving yardage. Not a bad play some weeks but that is way too risky for an FF championship is you have other quality options.
What's fair? Ten points for Henry? My thinking is if there's another back projected for ten+ points then go with him.
If injuries dictate you've gotta go with Henry well then they do.

What do you think?

Dallas is a 10 point favorite. Yeah, Titans do not care about this game, and Vegas knows it
The Titans bad OL has to have Micah Parsons salivating at the opportunity. Facing a rookie QB probably puts spring in Diggs step. The Titans (only) top CB is out so Ceedee looks to be rolling.

Suppose Henry plays. Unless he dominates early, they will be playing from behind and for FF you're hoping for TDs and receiving yardage. Not a bad play some weeks but that is way too risky for an FF championship is you have other quality options.
What's fair? Ten points for Henry? My thinking is if there's another back projected for ten+ points then go with him.

What do you think?
I'd have a hard time playing Henry even if he does go. That said, imagine he's on your bench and he busts a 60 yard 1st quarter TD. That would suck.
I am hopeful that they at least come out and talk about it a bit before the game on what his usage might be. I think he sits and hope he sits so I can use someone else.

What do you think?
It isn't just Henry. All their time this week will be game planning for the Jags, not Dallas. Other guys may sit as well.
Yeah, I like Dallas laying 10

This is the one time it seems clear Tennessee should rest Derrick Henry. I can see playing Willis as he needs to get better but Dallas could eat him alive. Only thing Tennessee has going for itself is playing at home and maybe that can help. Playing Derrick Henry would seem like a big time mistake by Tennessee.
Just ended up being a strange situation with them playing Jax week 18 and that game being the be all end all game.

What do you think?
I'd have a hard time playing Henry even if he does go. That said, imagine he's on your bench and he busts a 60 yard 1st quarter TD. That would suck.
I am hopeful that they at least come out and talk about it a bit before the game on what his usage might be. I think he sits and hope he sits so I can use someone else.
I worry we start him and he does nothing for a half, and then sits. I honestly can't see him playing more than 2 quarters. He's a huge gamble this week.

What do you think?
I worry we start him and he does nothing for a half, and then sits. I honestly can't see him playing more than 2 quarters. He's a huge gamble this week.
My dilemma is this.
McKinnon, Foreman, Henry.
Pick 2

What do you think?
My dilemma is this.
Pick 2
bench henry

What do you think?
My dilemma is this.
Pick 2
bench henry
That is my current thought, even if he is active

Seems to be officially Doubtful today. Inching closer to some kind of actual decision announcement before kickoff?

My anecdotal memory of having watched Henry over the last few seasons is that not only does he improve as the season wears on, but, as the games do individually... most of his damage seemed to come in the second halves against gassed defenders. Even if he does play one quarter or half, I'm not sure if that's even 1/4th or 1/2 of his output, there's an even further discount against a fresher defense if he's not going to play those fourth quarters against the tired guys.

I see a lot of questionables play but not too many doubtfuls. Draft Kings line has jumped to 12 with an implied Tennessee total of 14.

Without Henry. I worry how much Dallas will use Lamb etc. I also have Maher. Dallas doesn’t really need this game and might just cruise to a 20-3 win.

Seems to be officially Doubtful today. Inching closer to some kind of actual decision announcement before kickoff?
I think you just got your official announcement. I can't remember when the last time a player listed official on the final report as doubtful and played.

Too bad they got rid of probable that was stupid it at least told us the questionable guy would play. Stupid NFL.

While listed as doubtful I wouldn't be surprised by anything from Henry. The man isn't fully human, he's a Cyborg and is capable of unreal feats.

Reactions: Bri
To Henry owners,which I am not,if he is active tonight,given the injury information. Do you start him? Knowing he may not finish the game?

Without Henry. I worry how much Dallas will use Lamb etc. I also have Maher. Dallas doesn’t really need this game and might just cruise to a 20-3 win.
I have both Lamb and Maher also. Not too worried. I can see Dallas trying to strike big first and Lamb with 80-90 first half yards and a TD. Then second half will be the Maher show. Dallas needs the game and we have seen many times this season what can happen when you take the foot off the gas at halftime.

To Henry owners,which I am not,if he is active tonight,given the injury information. Do you start him? Knowing he may not finish the game?
If money is on the line? No. If it's a freebie league? Sure why not.

I have both Lamb and Maher also. Not too worried. I can see Dallas trying to strike big first and Lamb with 80-90 first half yards and a TD. Then second half will be the Maher show. Dallas needs the game and we have seen many times this season what can happen when you take the foot off the gas at halftime.
True. Just hate having guys on TNF when my opponent doesn’t. Messes with the mind. Hopefully this turns out right. Good Luck.

True. Just hate having guys on TNF when my opponent doesn’t. Messes with the mind. Hopefully this turns out right. Good Luck.
Good luck to you too.

Question is, is Hasaan worth a desperation start?

I just don't see a way Haskins delivers against Dallas with Willis at QB
His hands were bragged on predraft and he's been as advertised receiving the ball.
He was supposed to be a hard charging runner that would be a nice followup to Henry.
That's been Chestnut. I believe he has more sincere games played than Haskins but stats might show Haskins active with like zero snaps or somesuch.
Regardless, like I said earlier, it's been- let's get Haskins involved and then Chestnut rolls better.
If Haskins has a good day, he'll get enough catches to be a decent start. Those hands could be nice for FF if he can run in the NFL like he did in college.
Chestnut is a classic UDFA type in every way. Glowing practice reports, attitude comments, but always knocked low down the list.

But wait a sec- catches, from Willis who almost isn't allowed to pass. Titans fans want to see Dobbs. Haskins might need Dobbs to get those catches.

None of this warrants a start in a championship game. Worth a try in DFS before they're above the minimum but absolutely nothing is reassuring to start in a championship game

Malik Willis has done squat. Somehow defenses are geared up to stop him still though. He must have really won over a lot of GMs with his athleticism pre-draft.
I'd expect Dallas offense to sit by halftime and the D to still have some starters til a later point when we're all wondering why they're still in there

I kind of like it. But prefer having players on MNF.

Question is, is Hasaan worth a desperation start?

I just don't see a way Haskins delivers against Dallas with Willis at QB
His hands were bragged on predraft and he's been as advertised receiving the ball.
He was supposed to be a hard charging runner that would be a nice followup to Henry.
That's been Chestnut. I believe he has more sincere games played than Haskins but stats might show Haskins active with like zero snaps or somesuch.
Regardless, like I said earlier, it's been- let's get Haskins involved and then Chestnut rolls better.
If Haskins has a good day, he'll get enough catches to be a decent start. Those hands could be nice for FF if he can run in the NFL like he did in college.
Chestnut is a classic UDFA type in every way. Glowing practice reports, attitude comments, but always knocked low down the list.

But wait a sec- catches, from Willis who almost isn't allowed to pass. Titans fans want to see Dobbs. Haskins might need Dobbs to get those catches.

None of this warrants a start in a championship game. Worth a try in DFS before they're above the minimum but absolutely nothing is reassuring to start in a championship game

Reddit says Dobbs is starting now

While listed as doubtful I wouldn't be surprised by anything from Henry. The man isn't fully human, he's a Cyborg and is capable of unreal feats.
Not sure you understand the situation here.
He isn't playing even if he wants to.
Perhaps he is playing somewhere in the multiverse though

Users who are viewing this thread