What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Jamal Lewis (1 Viewer)

All Jamal needed was a stud like Wright at QB to get him back on track I guess...Good day with 117 yards rushing today, but still below what he needed for to keep pace to hit 2000. His annual year-to-date total is 1361, about 113 per game, so if he keeps on that pace he finishes with 1926 rushing yards. I still think he won't surpass 1800From a FF perspective, he finally got involved in the passing game, however, the lost fumbles and inability to score continue to haunt his owners.

Jamal's YPC could go through the roof is Wright keeps playing like this :shock: The guy is a tackle breaker and the less guys he has to deal with, the more big gains he will get.

Actually, I think Ahman Green has the best shot at this point. He is only 38 yards behind Jam and his average over his last 6 games or so has been ridiculous. I think he is going to get 2000+ for sure. How sick would it be to have two 2000+ rushers on one fantasy team? I am sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me because Jam and Ahman were ripe for people who drafted near the end of the first round.

78 yards today puts Jamal at 1442 with four games to play.Jamal has averaged 120 rushing yards per game this season but only 93 rush yards per game over his last five. Considering that Deuce and Ahman are on fire right now, it is doubtful Lewis will even win the rushing title. Lewis has become second fiddle in the Raven offense these days due to the emergence of Wright. Also, Musa Smith took a substantial workload (and TD) from Lewis today, so any FF players looking for Lewis to carry them are going to be sorely disappointed.

Also, Musa Smith took a substantial workload (and TD) from Lewis today, so any FF players looking for Lewis to carry them are going to be sorely disappointed.
They were up by 30 late in the game. Why risk injury to Lewis? Give the rook some work. I see absolutely no reason to even think that Smith will take touches away from Jamal.

:eek: 180 & 3 TD's puts him at 1622....he needs to average 126 over the last three games to get to 2000, & here are his final three opponents: @Oakland@ClevelandPittsburgh at homeI still say there is no way he gets to 2K, he got hurt (again!) this week, so I think the abuse is really catching up to him.

The injury really slowed him down. Those defenses you mention are all patsies against the run. Now that they have a passing threat I think he really has a good shot at it. 126/game is probably about his average anyway so he is right on pace.

:eek: 180 & 3 TD's puts him at 1622....he needs to average 126 over the last three games to get to 2000, & here are his final three opponents: @Oakland@ClevelandPittsburgh at homeI still say there is no way he gets to 2K, he got hurt (again!) this week, so I think the abuse is really catching up to him.
Every week you say he won't make it because he is hurt every week yet he comes to play the next week. He may or may not make it but it won't be from your prophecy you spew out every week.

78 yards today puts Jamal at 1442 with four games to play.Jamal has averaged 120 rushing yards per game this season but only 93 rush yards per game over his last five. Considering that Deuce and Ahman are on fire right now, it is doubtful Lewis will even win the rushing title. Lewis has become second fiddle in the Raven offense these days due to the emergence of Wright. Also, Musa Smith took a substantial workload (and TD) from Lewis today, so any FF players looking for Lewis to carry them are going to be sorely disappointed.
Sorry, have to agree to disagree with you about Smith being a factor. BALT is on a role and can't rest their players, that should bode well with their upcoming schedule for Lewis to have a very possible shot at reaching 2k.

Pulled this from RKade... lets see how this turns out shall we...

@ Cinn -- this guy has torched them since he came into the leage. Sick numbers -- RESULT: 101 Rushing Yards

DEN -- tough since DEN is great against the run. Average numbers but still should produce -- RESULT: 134 Rushing Yards

NEXT

JAC -- sick numbers (??? Tenn just ran all over them last week and we know how great their running game is this year :rolleyes: )

@STL -- sick numbers and people won't be talking about Faulk that day

@MIA -- tough game here and won't know for a few weeks especially with Miami so up and down

SEA -- sick numbers

SF -- joke defense, sick numbers

CINN -- again, sick numbers

@Oak -- run run run sick numbers

CLE -- super bowl weekend for me, perfect rematch and watch him try and break his single game record. SICK game.
just updating so we can see it unfold...NEXT

JAC -- sick numbers -68 :ph34r:

@STL -- sick numbers and people won't be talking about Faulk that day111 :thumbup:

@MIA -- tough game here and won't know for a few weeks especially with Miami so up and down91

SEA -- sick numbers117 :thumbup:

SF -- joke defense, sick numbers78 :no:

CINN -- again, sick numbers180 :thumbup:

@Oak -- run run run sick numbers

CLE -- super bowl weekend for me, perfect rematch and watch him try and break his single game record. SICK game.

Pitt -- hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
And Chase Stuart follows up with part 2 in Goose Chase today basically negating any chance that he will have of breaking the record. His prediction is that he will end up with a rushing total in the 1800s. I think it will be in the low 1900s myself, but it should be interesting to track it.
I'm still hanging with this prediction. ;)

He's at 1747, needs 253 with two to go. Looks like my 1800 ceiling was a bust. Props to Jamal. :thumbup: After my incredible non-TD scoring Lewis/Edge/CuMar combo got dumped from the playoffs today by Hambrick/A-Train/T-Jones, I will desist with my anti-mojo on Jamal and quietly root for him. This will kill his chances, of course....

1952 with one to go. I'd say he has a shot to do it. I thought it was optimistic that he could get to 2K, but I'm real happy to have him locked up for next year as well....

Obviously you are like some others around here that hate people who understand FF and bring realistic expectations to players' performances. Fortunately you and others like you are in the minority. I was villified for trying to set the record straight on Jamal, but due to my accurate analysis of his situation and Lewis' projected decline, I helped many others see the light and trade him so they could acquire RB's who are far better FF players than him.
Wow I sure hope you got a whole bunch for the pitiful Jamal this year H.K.! Man you were right on in your "understanding FF and bringing realistic expectations to players performances". So since you were the know it all when Jamal "wasn't going to break the record", I hate to see what that makes you now...dead wrong for starters, and an ### about it the whole time.

Wow I sure hope you got a whole bunch for the pitiful Jamal this year H.K.! Man you were right on in your "understanding FF and bringing realistic expectations to players performances". So since you were the know it all when Jamal "wasn't going to break the record", I hate to see what that makes you now...dead wrong for starters, and an ### about it the whole time.
Particularly if week 16 is your Super Bowl week. He put up a nice 36 in my league. Since 100 is a good week in my leage, to have one guy get you 1 third of the way there gives the Jamal owner a great shot at the title...

:thumbup: Jamal is one of my many heroes today, my superbowl run. I also love all the negative talk about "fragile Fred" this whole season. Freddie T backer here and all indications he has "fragiled" my way to the league title! Thank you Fred TAYLOR !!!!!

Three things:1) If you took the time to read what I posted last week (pasted below), you'd know that I got bounced from the first round of the playoffs when he failed to score against Oakland in Week 15. I would imagine a lot of other Jamal owners got beat last week as a result of his performance that week, too. If I could have gotten any decent offers for him I would have taken them, so his solid performance today was a week too late. 2) He hasn't broken the record yet.3) I never shied away from my stance and have had the guts to check back on this thread on a weekly basis, so hindsight being 20/20, I don't place much value your opinion today.
After my incredible non-TD scoring Lewis/Edge/CuMar combo got dumped from the playoffs today by Hambrick/A-Train/T-Jones, I will desist with my anti-mojo on Jamal and quietly root for him. This will kill his chances, of course....

i really hope that he doesn't get the record. he doesn't deserve it.jamal lewis is a good player but he's no eric dickerson.

i really hope that he doesn't get the record. he doesn't deserve it.jamal lewis is a good player but he's no eric dickerson.
True dat. Jamal speaks intelligibly during an interview, and most likely will in the future when giving one.That said, 153 to tie the record & 154 to break it against a PIT DEF which is still formidable against the run. That's gonna be tough. 2K for sure, but 2106? Not ready to lay any money on that bet.

If you have watched Pitt vs. Balt games over the past few years one thing you should know is that Pitt alwasy dominates them up front on D. I can't see that record being broken at all. But then again, you never know with this years Steelers. :confused:

Pulled this from RKade... lets see how this turns out shall we...

@ Cinn -- this guy has torched them since he came into the leage. Sick numbers -- RESULT: 101 Rushing Yards

DEN -- tough since DEN is great against the run. Average numbers but still should produce -- RESULT: 134 Rushing Yards

JAC -- sick numbers -68 :ph34r:

@STL -- sick numbers and people won't be talking about Faulk that day111 :thumbup:

@MIA -- tough game here and won't know for a few weeks especially with Miami so up and down91

SEA -- sick numbers117 :thumbup:

SF -- joke defense, sick numbers78 :no:

CINN -- again, sick numbers180 :thumbup:

@Oak -- run run run sick numbers 125 :thumbup:

CLE -- super bowl weekend for me, perfect rematch and watch him try and break his single game record. SICK game. 205 :eek: :thumbup:

NEXT

Pitt -- hmmm :o :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
125 is not sick against the raiders but whatever massages your ego guy.
Matrix.... read the post... This was Rkade's prediction... I am just putting up the numbers as they unfold...

Three things:1) If you took the time to read what I posted last week (pasted below), you'd know that I got bounced from the first round of the playoffs when he failed to score against Oakland in Week 15. I would imagine a lot of other Jamal owners got beat last week as a result of his performance that week, too. If I could have gotten any decent offers for him I would have taken them, so his solid performance today was a week too late. 2) He hasn't broken the record yet.3) I never shied away from my stance and have had the guts to check back on this thread on a weekly basis, so hindsight being 20/20, I don't place much value your opinion today.
I've never shied away from my stance either, if you go back and look at my posts which started in October. It's not like I'm just now jumping on the bandwagon.

I believe that if Jamal would of gotten to 2,000 yesterday he would of broken the record. He now needs like 150 to get the record. It will be hard to do against the Steelers. But all it takes is for him to break one. I think he wil get the ball close to 40 times in this game(if the ravens want to win). He might come up just short. He will ge to 2,000 though.

OK, Dodson this one's for you. It was not a bad effort by Jamal against the Rams but still below his YTD per game average and hardly what it should have been considering the match-up.He's got 1156 total rush yards so far and needs about 650 the rest of the way to eclipse 1800. Here's his remaining schedule:Nov 16 @Miami Nov 23 Seattle Nov 30 San Francisco Dec 7 Cincinnati Dec 14 @Oakland Dec 21 @Cleveland Dec 28 Pittsburgh The last two games Jamal is averaging 89 yards per game, in order to rush for 1800 he'll need to get 92 per game from here on out. Knowing that Miami and Pittsburgh will hold him far under that number, he can still have a big game or two and still come up short.With the injury to Boller and Billick's play calling, I am extremely confident that he won't hit 1,800. Interested in hearing your thoughts.H.K.
My thoughts are that 1800 was the floor as I pointed out, 2000 is much more realistic and the record will be very tough to break. Basically what I said 6 weeks ago.In any event, I am more happy that I predicted preseason that he would finish as a top 5 fantasy back than I am that he would in fact reach 2000 yards. I drafted him as the 12th - 15th RB taken in several drafts and loved "eating my own cooking" so to speak. Hats off to Jamal for providing his owners with a great season, whether they were willing to acknowledge it during the season or not ;)

Hats off to Jamal for providing his owners with a great season, whether they were willing to acknowledge it during the season or not ;)
Touche! ;) Props to you and all the others who said he'd go over 2000. I would love to see him break the record this week, too.Hopefully Cincinnati will win on Sunday and force the Ravens into a must win scenario. If the Bengals lose, I don't see much reason in risking Jamal....which Billick won't do for the sake of the record.

If Cinn wins(they will)...it'll be WAR Sun night in downtown B'more.if they don't, count on enough Jamal to get to 2K---pass a couple more guys---and sit after ~2025 or so.I'm figuring Marvin will come up w/a plan to beat the Brownies, w/their 3rd string RB and 1/2 an O-line...and Cinn can run alittle like the Ravens can, so ~40 carries out of Rudi & CoI don't see the record falling unless JL breaks a big one early, for 70 or so

Now that the Ravens have the playoff spot clinched after the Cinci loss today, do they still play Jamal?
Yes, You need to reward the Offensive Line and Lewis by giving him at least a shot at 2K and go from there. But, it'll probably require a long one early for the record to be in jeopardy.

No. I think he will get 2000, but the coach will sit him in the second half. The playoffs are more important that the record.

No way he gets benched before getting the record. He, and his offensive line, will be rewarded.

7 carries for 73 yards and a touch to go over 2K and its still the first quarter vs. Pitt....I won't be eating crow over this thread, I'll be dining on an entire flock of 'em for the rest of the off season!!!

The adrenaline is wearing off a bit and he is slowing down.I still think he gets it.
It's not so much that as it is they stopped giving him the ball. He got the first carry on each of the last two drives, and that's it.They started off giving him carry after carry and he moved the chains, now they go to passing on 2nd down and next thing you know they're punting.

Just to finish off the thread, congrats to Jamal for an awesome season. He far exceeded (obviously) what I thought he could do this year. He gave the record a nice run, and could be a force in the playoffs this year.

Users who are viewing this thread