What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Lori Loughlin do any time? (1 Viewer)

Will Lori Loughlin do any time?

• Yes

Votes: 78 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 73 48.3%

• Total voters
If Jussie Smollett can get away without even having to admit he did anything wrong and having all charges dropped, I would say no time is very possible. 

If Jussie Smollett can get away without even having to admit he did anything wrong and having all charges dropped, I would say no time is very possible. 
It’s certainly possible, though I think there’s a material difference between state charges brought by local authorities and a multiple count federal felony indictment. 

The feds don’t care about any of this at all. 
In addition, she snubbed the feds the first time around so they have an even bigger hardon for her now.

Felicity Huffman is another.  And she’s involved in this very case 
Didn't Huffman plead guilty and is moving forward? She did something different than our heroin Lori, I'm almost sure of it.

It’s certainly possible, though I think there’s a material difference between state charges brought by local authorities and a multiple count federal felony indictment. 
I also think there was a racial factor in the Jussie Smollet case that isn't present in this one that drove a lot of what occurred.

In addition, she snubbed the feds the first time around so they have an even bigger hardon for her now.

Didn't Huffman plead guilty and is moving forward? She did something different than our heroin Lori, I'm almost sure of it.

I also think there was a racial factor in the Jussie Smollet case that isn't present in this one that drove a lot of what occurred.
Huffman cut a deal early. Avoided the money laundering charge that they hit Lori with. And she’s still doing jail time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
First offense, victimless crime, high dollar lawyer, I'm saying very slim chance she sees any time.
Is it a first offense if you did it twice?  I guess it’s the first time she’s been caught. Also, you could argue that there is indeed a victim if USC has a target admissions number and Lori’s two daughters bumped someone. 

We'll see
You make a good point. I thought jail time was a done deal, but it looks like the judge has the ultimate say. 

Prosecutors plan to seek a sentence of four to 10 months' jail time for actress Felicity Huffman for her role in the college admissions scandal, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation said. 

Huffman was among 13 parents who agreed to plead guilty last week to a charge of conspiracy to commit fraud. A total of 33 parents, including the "Desperate Housewives" star, have been accused of using their wealth to cheat on standardized tests for their children and bribe college administrators and coaches who had clout when it came to admissions.

Prosecutors' decision to seek four to 10 months had nothing to do with Huffman's public apology, the source said.

A plea agreement indicated that prosecutors were going to recommend incarceration at the "low end" of the sentencing range, a $20,000 fine and 12 months of supervised release. Prosecutors had recommended a range of sentences for Huffman and those pleading guilty, from 12 to 18 months. 

In addition to lower sentencing, prosecutors will not bring further charges, the plea agreement said.

Ultimately, a federal judge will have the final say on Huffman's sentence.

Huffman is due back in court on May 21 for a sentencing hearing.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/16/us/felicity-huffman-sentencing/index.html

Looks like Huffman may get home confinement.  Not sure how that would play out in Chet's bet if Lori gets the same.  I'm inclined to think she will get more time in an actual prison.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-felicity-huffman-college-admissions-scandal-prison-home-20190420-story.html
And then you've got Tonya McDowell who got 5-years for enrolling her son in the wrong school. She was homeless at the time and said she simply wanted the best education for her child. Police said she stole ~$15k worth of education.

When you compare the two cases, it certainly appears that there's no justice.

I would think home confinement for Lori would lose Chet the bet. 
Yes, it would.  I am hopeful that the DA goes for more punishment given LL didn't accept the plea bargain offer and then the DA added the additional charge.

Yes, it would.  I am hopeful that the DA goes for more punishment given LL didn't accept the plea bargain offer and then the DA added the additional charge.
Huffman was one of the first to plead guilty, publicly accepted responsibility and showed remorse, and was charged with paying someone $15,000 to correct her daughters test. Lori, by comparison, has plead not guilty, is not accepting responsibility for her actions, was charged with paying $500,000 in bribes as part of a fraud to get her daughters into USC, and has been hit with an additional money laundering charge for routing the money through a fake charitable organization.  There’s a whole lot of difference between the two cases.

And then you've got Tonya McDowell who got 5-years for enrolling her son in the wrong school. She was homeless at the time and said she simply wanted the best education for her child. Police said she stole ~$15k worth of education.

There never has been. 

Looking forward to revisiting this thread after the outcome is known.....

....and I think it's safe to start spending your $2K now.  

stop.

When she was picked up on the drug charges, police found her in front of Brookside Elementary School holding 30 small bags of marijuana and 23 small bags of crack cocaine, prosecutor Tiffany Lockshier said during her sentencing hearing.

In Bridgeport, McDowell pleaded guilty to two counts of sale of narcotics to undercover officers in Bridgeport and when she is sentenced faces up to five years in jail for those convictions.

This article appears to break it down. It appears that she got 12 years for the drug dealing charges, suspended after she serves five years followed by five years probation.  That sentence was to be served concurrently with the five year sentence resulting from the school registration/larceny case.

https://m.ctpost.com/news/article/Tanya-McDowell-sentenced-to-5-years-in-prison-3437974.php
It was all part of a plea deal. Civil rights groups tried as hard as they could to make this case seem like she went to jail for sending her kid to school. She didnt. She went to jail for selling drugs. A concurrent sentence is the same as receiving nothing. 

Even when she was being sentenced she tried to make it seem like she was being sentenced for the school thing. The judge of course corrected her.

This bs of her just trying to be a good mom is so absurd. She sold drugs during her son's birthday party. 

She had previously been in jail for robbing a bank and then was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm.

It was all part of a plea deal. Civil rights groups tried as hard as they could to make this case seem like she went to jail for sending her kid to school. She didnt. She went to jail for selling drugs. A concurrent sentence is the same as receiving nothing. 

Even when she was being sentenced she tried to make it seem like she was being sentenced for the school thing. The judge of course corrected her.

This bs of her just trying to be a good mom is so absurd. She sold drugs during her son's birthday party. 

She had previously been in jail for robbing a bank and then was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm.
This is all correct.  It's why I posted the article with all the details.  But it's also correct that she did get a five year sentence on the larceny charge as part of the plea deal.

i mean, if this Tekashi guy can get hit with RICO charges, conspiracy, shooting, robbery, etc. by the feds and it's looking like he's barely going to do any time at all... i'm leaning no prison for this lady.

i mean, if this Tekashi guy can get hit with RICO charges, conspiracy, shooting, robbery, etc. by the feds and it's looking like he's barely going to do any time at all... i'm leaning no prison for this lady.
I thought he was already in prison and was looking at something like 30 to life. What happened?

I thought he was already in prison and was looking at something like 30 to life. What happened?
he's cooperating with the government and turning on everybody in sight, apparently

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/08/tekashi-6ix9ine-reportedly-is-angling-for-an-early-release-but-will-fans-still-care-about-his-music/

TMZ reported in February that prosecutors agreed to ask for a sentence “below any mandatory minimum,” believing that Tekashi’s cooperation would be useful in revealing the activities of Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods who are suspected of extremely violent crimes.

Now TMZ is reporting that 22-year-old Tekashi, born Daniel Hernandez, is hoping to get out of prison this year. His attorney Dawn Florio told TMZ said it’s possible, depending on how the cases proceed against the other co-defendants.

Users who are viewing this thread