What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willie's knee is flaring up again! (1 Viewer)

gradin123

Footballguy
I noticed Willie Parker was listed as having limited participation today after full yesterday.

Read the story in the 3rd post below. It looks as though Willie may be out again.

Thursday notebook: Parker frustrated

By Jim Wexell

SteelCityInsider.com

Date: Oct 23, 2008

Willie Parker's not getting better and it's starting to bug the Steelers' tailback. Other notes follow:

I can't read the text of the story because it requires a subscription and I'm too cheap to pay for that.

Has anyone in Pittsburgh heard anything about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a trial subscription.

Here is the story that goes with the headlines

By Jim Wexell

SteelCityInsider.com

Posted Oct 23, 2008

Willie Parker's not getting better and it's starting to bug the Steelers' tailback. Other notes follow:

PITTSBURGH – It’s back to the tub for Willie Parker, who missed most of Thursday’s practice with a bothersome left knee that just won’t heal.

Parker thought he was coming back following the bye week, but he aggravated the MCL sprain last week when he stepped in a hole at practice. He missed Sunday’s game in Cincinnati, which was the third straight absence for Parker.

“I’m just frustrated,” is all Parker would say after missing all but the early drills in Thursday’s workout.

It’s doubtful Parker will recover in time for Sunday’s game against the New York Giants, so Mewelde Moore would receive his third consecutive starting assignment. Moore rushed for 219 yards on 37 carries in his two starts and also caught eight passes for 31 yards.

I got a trial subscription.

Here is the story that goes with the headlines

By Jim Wexell

SteelCityInsider.com

Posted Oct 23, 2008

PITTSBURGH – It’s back to the tub for Willie Parker, who missed most of Thursday’s practice with a bothersome left knee that just won’t heal.

Parker thought he was coming back following the bye week, but he aggravated the MCL sprain last week when he stepped in a hole at practice. He missed Sunday’s game in Cincinnati, which was the third straight absence for Parker.

“I’m just frustrated,” is all Parker would say after missing all but the early drills in Thursday’s workout.

It’s doubtful Parker will recover in time for Sunday’s game against the New York Giants, so Mewelde Moore would receive his third consecutive starting assignment. Moore rushed for 219 yards on 37 carries in his two starts and also caught eight passes for 31 yards.
I just hope he's a solid no go or solid start WELL BEFORE gametime. Nothing worse than starting the wrong guy or having him start then sit the rest of the game..... Here's to hoping they hold him out again and let Moore get all the work :coffee:

Hm, very interesting news. How does everyone feel about Moore as a start this week if Parker cannot go?

The Giants are not the Bengals; they are tough against the run. Is the consensus still that he is a very solid start?

Hm, very interesting news. How does everyone feel about Moore as a start this week if Parker cannot go? The Giants are not the Bengals; they are tough against the run. Is the consensus still that he is a very solid start?
I think the fact he is a good receiver helps. If the Giants can shut down the run he could still easily get 50 yards as a receiver.There aren't many every down backs in the NFL anymore but as long as Willie is out Mewelde is a true every down back. It is hard to bench him given that consideration. He warrants a play at a flex position at the least.

I just got a 2nd round rookie 2009 pick offer for Moore .... tough decision because Moore could be gold down the stretch is Wille cant shake this bad knee .... but if he does shake it and come back, Moore is reduced to nothing ...... ahhh the touch choices in FF :goodposting:

I always like Moore when he was with Minnesota. Average speed - but he could break tackles, catch balls out of the backfield, and had some wiggle.

I am not surprised by his flourishing. I will probably start him as my RB2 even if Willie is expected to be active. He won't run all over the Giants D, but 80 total yards and a good shot at a score is realistic.

Give me more Moore!!
Moore, Moore, Moore . . . how do you like it, how do you like it?:andreatrueconnection:
Now, dat's funny. :lmao: being able to reference disco music to your response. The only thing it was good for was pickin' chicks up at the club, but god I hated the dancing.I needed to start either Parker or Moore this week because of byes so it's good to at least know who'll be gettin' the carries. I'd prefer Parker against the tough NYG defense but Moore has done a good job filling in. I'm tempering my expectations in his production but he's still a better option than what I have as a #4 WR since we can start 3 rb's.

Give me more Moore!!
Moore, Moore, Moore . . . how do you like it, how do you like it?:andreatrueconnection:
Now, dat's funny. :lmao: being able to reference disco music to your response. The only thing it was good for was pickin' chicks up at the club, but god I hated the dancing.I needed to start either Parker or Moore this week because of byes so it's good to at least know who'll be gettin' the carries. I'd prefer Parker against the tough NYG defense but Moore has done a good job filling in. I'm tempering my expectations in his production but he's still a better option than what I have as a #4 WR since we can start 3 rb's.
I'm even questioning, but not seriously considering, playing him over Barber with that matchup against the Bucs, who just have shut down the run this year.I also think Moore could be good for 75-100 total yards and an outside shot at a TD this week. Definitely serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread