What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willis McGahee still a solid RB2? (1 Viewer)

Congrats to HOU for transforming into a Def that I tend to avoid when reviewing matchups.
I tend to agree with this. I am going to Flex a TE over McGahee & Charles this week. Would love to start McGahee but man I am worried about that defense as well.
What TE? I have to assume PPR. What flex TE is more likely to score than McGahee against any defense?
Witten - PPR
I wouldn't flex Witten over McGahee. People forget that McGahee is a stud. He has a stud in college, he was a stud on the Ravens, and he is a stud now in Denver. The only reason he has not had the opportunity to consistently showcase his ability is because Rice came along. I am looking at him right now as Thomas Jones in his prime. If you are not going to flex or start that, go ahead. You'll be sorry this week.As far as Houston D goes, yes they are good, but I think they benefited the last two weeks by playing the likes of the Dolphins and the Jags, two inexperienced teams that are in transition to say the least. We will see how good they are going against Manning and company. I am thinking it will be pretty tight.

Congrats to HOU for transforming into a Def that I tend to avoid when reviewing matchups.
I tend to agree with this. I am going to Flex a TE over McGahee & Charles this week. Would love to start McGahee but man I am worried about that defense as well.
What TE? I have to assume PPR. What flex TE is more likely to score than McGahee against any defense?
Witten - PPR
Start McGahee.

Lindsay Jones@PostBroncos

Willis McGahee (ribs) is at practice for broncos. Full roll call to come.

26 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

It's a good sign that he was able to practice already. If the Broncos were concerned about the injury, they would have probably let him rest for another day or two. No official update was given on his playing status for Sunday, though.

More should be known over the next few days.

---End of update---

The 30-year-old suffered a rib injury in Week 3 against the Houston Texans. Head coach John Fox said McGahee's injury involved cartilage but wouldn't elaborate. It's nothing new for a franchise that generally likes to keep injury info on the down low.

McGahee had been inconsistent before leaving Week 3's game. He started the season with 64 rushing yards against the Pittsburgh Steelers. He then exploded for 113 yards and two touchdowns against the Atlanta Falcons but was limited to 30 yards on 12 carries in the Texans game.

The 10-year veteran wasn't considered a big-time fantasy back even before the Texans game. He was ranked No. 22 among running backs by ESPN going into Sunday's contest.

Backups Lance Ball, Ronnie Hillman and Knowshon Moreno will likely get the carries in McGahee's absence. Ball had the most carries of the three against the Texans with seven, managing just 16 yards. Hillman rushed twice for seven yards.

The Broncos face the Oakland Raiders in Week 4. The Raiders upset the Steelers in Week 3, holding Pittsburgh to just 54 rushing yards on 20 carries (lead back Isaac Redman managed just 27 yards on nine carries).

On the other hand, the Oakland pass defense has been picked apart this season, allowing 265 passing yards per game (26th in the NFL) and six passing touchdowns (tied for 25th). Ben Roethlisberger went 36-of-49 for 384 yards and four touchdowns against the Raiders in Week 3.

Whether McGahee starts or not, it's likely the Broncos go to the air more often in Week 4 with Peyton Manning under center.

McGahee seems like the most undervalued guy in fantasy right now. He struggled in week 3 against a great Houston D, hurt his ribs and left the game. Despite already having what is likely his worst game of the year, he has 69 carries, 9 receptions, 365 yards and 3 TDs, averaging 4.7 ypc on a balanced offense with scoring potential. There is a lot to like here, Willis is shaping up to be a top 10 RB.

McGahee seems like the most undervalued guy in fantasy right now. He struggled in week 3 against a great Houston D, hurt his ribs and left the game. Despite already having what is likely his worst game of the year, he has 69 carries, 9 receptions, 365 yards and 3 TDs, averaging 4.7 ypc on a balanced offense with scoring potential. There is a lot to like here, Willis is shaping up to be a top 10 RB.
probably has the easiest or close to the easiest run schedule in the league the rest of the way.

So would you start McGahee at NE or Benson at IND. I feel Benson has the bigger upside this week. It's tough picking between these two veterans.

probably has the easiest or close to the easiest run schedule in the league the rest of the way.
One of the easiest for sure. I'm buying him as a very solid RB2, there's not much talk about him in fantasy football or in general these days but he's in a great situation to succeed. He plays @NE, @SD, BYE, NO, @CIN, @CAR, SD, @KC, TB, @OAK, @BAL, CLE.Outside of the Baltimore(who he should be motivated to play against) and possibly the Patriots/Bucs it looks like he has a solid matchup every week. Peyton Manning may not have the arm strength that he once had, but this offense is going to get better as the season goes on as the O-Line and receivers get more and more comfortable with Peyton.

Just noticed that McGahee has had 12 targets and 11 receptions for 74 yards in the last couple games. If he stays a part of the passing game he'll be a high end RB2 for as long as he's healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread