What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS 2012: Back to the Future II - Draft and Season Thread (4 Viewers)

I'm so glad I don't have the first pick in this draft. I'd take Tulowitzki without hesitation, thus guaranteeing a season-ending injury that would destroy both my real and pretend seasons.

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 25

Roll subtotal: 25

Roll total: 25

Oh goody, I am on the turn.
Ugh.
Time for a StomachPunch?
Worst draftkiller and it's not even close.
Seriously? I think this has not been the case for awhile....have you met Larry?
This is your chance to prove me wrong. Just remember, you're picking twice IN A ROW.
Look at it this way, I can only time out once every two rounds..... ;)

Doug B asked me to roll via PM

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 134

Roll subtotal: 134

Roll total: 134

Son of a #####. I just knew that 204 would put me near the turn. At this rate I will be right in the middle.

Brady Marino 904

RnR 895

Larry Boy 868

Scoobus 860

TU 812

JFranco 809

Boubucarow 767

Sammy 697

Hoos First 663

Eephus 658

rodg12 633

Moops 600

NV 466

Kraft 359

Cheese 336

Oso Diablo 264

Bogart 204

Arsenal of Doom 172

Sparty 169

Doug B 134

DocDeGreco 54

TRE 34

SoCalBroncoFan 25

-----------------------

ChemX

Cheese

chem x asked me to roll for him. Apparently he is out exploring the world.

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 362

Roll subtotal: 362

Roll total: 362

BTW, I know this is kind of late, but could we do a Yahoo Roto league with this draft as well? Would mostly be just for fun, but it'd be interesting to see how these rosters would do in rotisserie.

BTW, I know this is kind of late, but could we do a Yahoo Roto league with this draft as well? Would mostly be just for fun, but it'd be interesting to see how these rosters would do in rotisserie.
same as last year? i thought that was a fantastic addition.

kinda glad i'm not picking early. know who i would take at #1, but after that, it's a muddled mess in my head.

1 . 01 1 BradyMarino. .. 904

1 . 02 2 RnR. . . . . .. 895

1 . 03 3 Larry_Boy. . .. 868

1 . 04 4 Scoobus. . . .. 860

1 . 05 5 TremUpside. . . 812

1 . 06 6 Jfranco. . . .. 809

1 . 07 7 Boubucarow. . . 767

1 . 08 8 Sammy. . . . .. 697

1 . 09 9 HoosFirst. . .. 663

1 . 10 [ 10 ] eephus. . . . . 658

1 . 11 [ 11 ] rodg12. . . . . 633

1 . 12 [ 12 ] Moops. . . . .. 600

1 . 13 [ 13 ] NorthernVoice.. 466

1 . 14 [ 14 ] ChemX. . . . .. 362

1 . 15 [ 15 ] Kraft. . . . .. 359

1 . 16 [ 16 ] Cheese. . . . . 336

1 . 17 [ 17 ] OsoDiablo. . .. 264

1 . 18 [ 18 ] Bogart. . . . . 204

1 . 19 [ 19 ] Arsenal. . . .. 172

1 . 20 [ 20 ] SpartansRules.. 169

1 . 21 [ 21 ] DougB. . . . .. 134

1 . 22 [ 22 ] DocDeGreco. . . 54

1 . 23 [ 23 ] TRE. . . . . .. 34

1 . 24 [ 24 ] SoCalBroncoFan. 25

Ok, I guess this thing is live then.

1.01- 3B Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tiggers

Could have gone with a couple position scarcity options, but you can't deny Cabrera's pure hitting ability as well as durability. Yeah, you can say I chickened out, but with Cabrera being able to play 3B, this was a no-brainer, IMO.

Last year RnR went P/P and got stuck with Adam Dunn/Kelly Johnson as his first 2 hitters. Will he stick with that plan picking so early in the draft?

FWIW, last year's first pitcher went #5.

Last year RnR went P/P and got stuck with Adam Dunn/Kelly Johnson as his first 2 hitters. Will he stick with that plan picking so early in the draft?FWIW, last year's first pitcher went #5.
That was me picking Felix. I can't complain about it as he gave me 250 good innings, but he wasn't his usual Cy Young self. Last year I only had 1 bad pick in the top 7 or so - Brett Anderson who blew out his elbow after 80 decent innings. Still working on my research and not sure who I'd take at #6 this year yet.

with Cabrera being able to play 3B, this was a no-brainer, IMO.
we'll see if he can handle 3B.solid pick, though. quite the masher.
He's supposedly dropped 20-30 pounds...which I realize still makes him fat, but we'll see. Maybe he'll be motivated to play well there with Prince in town.
His WIS fielding range will take a hit if he's lifted frequently for a defensive replacement in real-life

He's supposedly dropped 20-30 pounds...which I realize still makes him fat, but we'll see. Maybe he'll be motivated to play well there with Prince in town.
His WIS fielding range will take a hit if he's lifted frequently for a defensive replacement in real-life
As long as he can get a glove on the balls he gets to, he'll hit enough to make his defense digestable.

How exactly is this calculated by the sim masters? I mean, let's say Cabrera is lifted a lot but while's out there, he's lights out defensively. Why should his WIS defensive rating suffer?

How exactly is this calculated by the sim masters? I mean, let's say Cabrera is lifted a lot but while's out there, he's lights out defensively. Why should his WIS defensive rating suffer?
WIS uses RF/G (range factor per game) and not RF/9 (per 9 innings), so if he is only playing 6 innings a game, his RF/G is going to suck.

I'm not going to like drafting next to Larry am I?
That all depends on how strict we are with timeouts. If you get to pick 4th with 2 players off the board, it might be worth the delays.In related news, I can take lists during weekdays.

rooting for him to succeed. and he would be my top pick in a regular fantasy draft (where defense doesn't count)

Users who are viewing this thread