What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS V All-Time Baseball Draft: HARRRRRRRIFIC (1 Viewer)

Here's the league ID: MLB58179

Please rename your players to their correct names immediately upon entering your team. (You do it right after registering your team, after you select the ballpark and confirm the team.) This is mandatory.
:blackdot:

Typical Irish Cowboys inning:

Top 7: Irish Cowboys

Luis Gonzalez hits a double. [2] Eddie Mathews hits a flyball double to left center. [2] Pitching change: Sandy Koufax is replaced by Andy Rincon. Charlie Gehringer flies out to shallow LF. Ed Bailey hits a groundball single to CF. [13] Honus Wagner hits a flyball double to left center. Bailey scores from first. [2] Pitching change: Andy Rincon is replaced by Jack Quinn. Don Sutton bunts a groundball to P which is misplayed by Jack Quinn. Official scorer: E-1. [13] Barry Bonds gets walked. [123] Barry Bonds hits a popup single to RF. [123] Jason Giambi strikes out. Luis Gonzalez hits a line drive double down the RF line. Bonds scores from first. [2] Eddie Mathews hits a line drive single to RF (++). Gonzalez scores from second. [1] Charlie Gehringer hits a flyball single to CF. [13] Ed Bailey gets walked. [123] Honus Wagner flies out to shallow LF.

8 runs a game, roadeyes? Looks more like 8 an inning.
Jeez, I think you're right. I'm getting an average of about 25 runs scored per game at home between both teams. Plenty of games with over 40 runs scored. I don't have pitch counts tweaked yet-or anything like that, but I don't think it will matter.

Luis Gonzalez hits a double. [2] Eddie Mathews hits a flyball double to left center. [2] Pitching change: Sandy Koufax is replaced by Andy Rincon. Charlie Gehringer flies out to shallow LF. Ed Bailey hits a groundball single to CF. [13] Honus Wagner hits a flyball double to left center. Bailey scores from first. [2] Pitching change: Andy Rincon is replaced by Jack Quinn. Don Sutton bunts a groundball to P which is misplayed by Jack Quinn. Official scorer: E-1. [13] Barry Bonds gets walked. [123] Barry Bonds hits a popup single to RF. [123] Jason Giambi strikes out. Luis Gonzalez hits a line drive double down the RF line. Bonds scores from first. [2] Eddie Mathews hits a line drive single to RF (++). Gonzalez scores from second. [1] Charlie Gehringer hits a flyball single to CF. [13] Ed Bailey gets walked. [123] Honus Wagner flies out to shallow LF.

8 runs a game, roadeyes?  Looks more like 8 an inning.
Jeez, I think you're right. I'm getting an average of about 25 runs scored per game at home between both teams. Plenty of games with over 40 runs scored. I don't have pitch counts tweaked yet-or anything like that, but I don't think it will matter.
And that's without the DH :shock:

How do I do the Sim-Matchups with our teams? I can't seem to figure it out.

Click SimMatchup - MLB in the top menu, click search under Home and Away, enter any team name in our league(must match exactly, no extra spaces etc.), in the teams dropdown select all, when team comes up click on "add to game"

Last edited by a moderator:
CF-Ricky Henderson (1990)

CF-Ty Cobb (1921)

DH-Pete Browning (1885)

DH/OF Hack Wilson (1930)

1B Todd Helton (2000)

C Roy Campanella (1955)

RF Babe Ruth (1930)

SS A-Rod (2000)

LF Sammy Sosa (2001)

LF Barry Bonds (1994)

3B-Ron Santo (1964)

2B Jackie Robinson (1951)

DH/1B/3B Jimmy Foxx (1929)

DH/PH Johnny Mize (1946)

SS/2B/3B Bret Barberie (1991)
I didn't really know what to make of this, so I set your starting lineup to the best possible combination:2B Robinson, Jackie 1951

CF Sosa, Sammy 2001

RF Wilson, Hack 1930

1B Helton, Todd 2000

C Campanella, Roy 1955

DH Ruth, Babe 1930

SS Rodriguez, Alex 2000

LF Bonds, Barry 1994

3B Santo, Ron 1964

If you play Rickey and Pete Browning instead of these guys, your team will take a hit.

Click SimMatchup - MLB in the top menu, click search under Home and Away, enter any team name in our league(must match exactly, no extra spaces etc.), in the teams dropdown select all, when team comes up click on "add to game"
:thumbup: Gracias

i am going to have to change my free round pick, for some reason my salaries didnt match my draft center and i am 800 k over

:thumbup: Gracias
Well, I'm 2-0 so far, but Smoltz has blown a save in both games. Not super.

OK. Seems that some staff management and pitch count tweaks will make a noticeable difference. I think teams will benefit from having one of those 600IP+ guys that can take over after a game is 10-8 in the third inning.

Krod........2004

Rodriguez, Francisco 2004 Anaheim Angels R 84 1.82 4-1 12 1.00 .171 13.18 255 278 537 157 $4,538,628 A+/D

OK. Seems that some staff management and pitch count tweaks will make a noticeable difference. I think teams will benefit from having one of those 600IP+ guys that can take over after a game is 10-8 in the third inning.
I have 2700 IP's should that help?

:goodposting: meet Lady and the tramps (Mr Cobb)

I picked starteresque Long men for any potential pitch count issues that may arise from stupid-fresh offensive production.

C Roy Campanella (1955)
Did you ever draft a backup C? He doesn't have enough PA to get through the season.
I'm gonna take my chances. I really felt I needed to add another middle reliever and then if something works out, make a trade later on. If not I guess I'll be in a bit of trouble unless A-Rod wants to catch.

C Roy Campanella (1955)
Did you ever draft a backup C? He doesn't have enough PA to get through the season.
I'm gonna take my chances. I really felt I needed to add another middle reliever and then if something works out, make a trade later on. If not I guess I'll be in a bit of trouble unless A-Rod wants to catch.
Yeah, you'll definitely have to start someone out of position or make a trade. He won't make it.

C Roy Campanella (1955)
You can always play someone out of position at C but it will hurt :shrug: Does anoyone else have C eligability? Even D-/D-/D-? That's better than throwing someone in out of position.

C Roy Campanella (1955)
You can always play someone out of position at C but it will hurt :shrug: Does anoyone else have C eligability? Even D-/D-/D-? That's better than throwing someone in out of position.
I played a d- catcher last sim, it's not pretty. DO NOT TRY IT!

Pumpnick, is this front page entry correct, or should it say 1982?

24.16- Pumpnick - Gene Tenace, C (1972)
Your offense is not as bad as I expected with that pitching staff, but if I were you I'd definitely still be trading pitching for hitting during the preseason.

How do you add DH to the batting lineup? Thought that was the league default?

EDIT: never mind

Your offense is not as bad as I expected with that pitching staff, but if I were you I'd definitely still be trading pitching for hitting during the preseason.
Easier said than done. I'd probably have to rip myself off a little to pull off a trade like that.

Does someone have the link for how to put an ineligble player into a different position? Thanks.

Easier said than done. I'd probably have to rip myself off a little to pull off a trade like that.
05 Derek Lee for 2000 Pedro :coffee:

Some weird results in Sim Matchup, like always.

Just played a four-game set at Harrier's park (PNC), going through my four-man rotation once (Kevin Brown started twice for him). Harr takes the first three 2-0, 5-3, and 9-4. Then the Pelicans take Game 4 19-0 -- Lefty Grove thows a three-hit shutout for me, and my team scores 19 without a homer.

EDIT: Just did the same series in my park (Camden), except that Joss started twice for Harr. We split 2-2, with Grove allowing 15 baserunners -- and stranding all of them -- over 8 IP while still getting the win.

Some weird results in Sim Matchup, like always.

Just played a four-game set at Harrier's park (PNC), going through my four-man rotation once (Kevin Brown started twice for him). Harr takes the first three 2-0, 5-3, and 9-4. Then the Pelicans take Game 4 19-0 -- Lefty Grove thows a three-hit shutout for me, and my team scores 19 without a homer.
I've almost convinced myself that the SimMatchup is worthless.

Lots of people have excess hitting they (should) give up at a fair price. I'd consult with me, GWB, Hov34, and TU.

Ulysses just came into Camden and took five of six ... with his batting order not set :bag: Ed Walsh is a beast.

I've almost convinced myself that the SimMatchup is worthless.
It is ... still good for a few kicks. Play enough times, and all kind of weird results start to happen.Haven't seen any other super-high run totals besides that 19-spot, though. Others are seeing higher scores for some reason.

C 1936 Bill Dickey L

C 1938 Earle Brucker R (backup)

1B 1994 Jeff Bagwell R

2B 1904 Nap Lajoie R

2B 1973 Rod Carew L (backup, Defense and Pinch Runner)

3B 1995 Edgar Martinez R

SS 1969 Rico Petrocelli R (Power)

SS 1936 Luke Appling R (OBP)

OF/DH 1894 Billy Hamilton L

OF 1930 Al Simmons R

OF 1923 Tris Speaker L (May platoon with Mays)

OF 1954 Willie Mays R (Power and Defensive Replacement)

DH/PH 1968 Gates Brown L

DH/PH 1998 Shane Spencer R

DH/PH 1912 Joe Jackson L

Bold is starter. Italic is platoon.

SP 1915 Pete Alexander R

SP 1912 Walter Johnson R

SP 1971 Vida Blue L

SP/RP 1943 Howie Pollet L

RP 2003 Rheal Cormier L

RP 1998 Graeme Lloyd L

RP 2004 Tom Gordon R

RP 1987 Jack McDowell R

RP 1983 Jeff Heathcock R

RP 1992 Roberto Hernandez R
Koya, for the purposes of your ranking I pulled Mays and put in Jackson, seeing as Jackson is so much better.Don't worry, all your little PHs got their full ABs, too.

Users who are viewing this thread