What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst. Fantasy. Season. Ever. (1 Viewer)

Super oversimplified but touchdowns are way down.

Teams scoring at least 3.4 TDs / g:
  • 2022 - 3
  • 2021 - 5
  • 2020 - 8
  • 2019 - 5
  • 2018 - 4
Teams scoring at least 3.0 TDs / g:
  • 2022 - 5
  • 2021 - 8
  • 2020 - 14
  • 2019 - 8
  • 2018 - 11
Teams scoring at least 2.0 TDs / g:
  • 2022 - 23
  • 2021 - 26
  • 2020 - 30
  • 2019 - 25
  • 2018 - 26
This is especially relevant when we’re talking about stud RB production and TE production outside the Top 2.

Games are not fun. It’s not great defense, it’s just inept offenses who won’t take risks. Boring af.

IMO
I'm not sure that's a fair metric considering we're only about 1/3 of the way into the season. Many teams obviously start slow and take a bit of time to get into a rhythm. This has only gotten worse in the past few years, with the reduction of pre-season games/participation.
I was thinking similarly. What would be interesting to me is to see a breakdown of splits between weeks 1-9 & 10-18 now that resting so many players in the preseason has become increasingly common.

I put out a team that is highly ranked at each position for the week, and get poor return. Seems to be the theme for me this season. That, coupled with the fact that you don't even need to really watch football to field a good FF team.....so much luck in H2H....I'm definitely less invested this season, and losing interest. I'm more interested in daily FF, props, etc....

I put out a team that is highly ranked at each position for the week, and get poor return. Seems to be the theme for me this season. That, coupled with the fact that you don't even need to really watch football to field a good FF team.....so much luck in H2H....I'm definitely less invested this season, and losing interest. I'm more interested in daily FF, props, etc....
Play-all cures most of that!

I play in a total points league and much prefer it. H2H is a category that pays out, along with highest scorer at each position. It's a great league.......yet I'm still losing interest. The older I get the more I'm into college sports. I dunno I'm just tired of pro sports I guess.

I play in a total points league and much prefer it. H2H is a category that pays out, along with highest scorer at each position. It's a great league.......yet I'm still losing interest. The older I get the more I'm into college sports. I dunno I'm just tired of pro sports I guess.
Yeah, I get it. I'm back myself after a long, long layoff. I lived and died with it for 20 years before kids took up all my time. Now kids are almost out the door so I've dipped a toe back in this year.

I believe the NFL turned political has hurt the league, just as it has for ESPN in general. People want to watch sports without having all this stuff shoved done their throats. Sports is an escape, not an avenue to tell everyone how bad they are.
That's hardly a new development though isn't it? Sports has been politicized ever since they added the Patriotism Test by singing the National Anthem before every game.

Adding an "End Racism", or whatever, decal to the back of helmets hardly seems like a sea change in that context.

I think most politicization comes from external factors. I don't want to hold the NFL responsible for politicians and pundits trying to score points with their bases.
It's the media political narrative influence on the NFL. It started going down the toilet with CK and has progressed beyond the tolerance of a lot of viewers. People want their sports without this drama. Sports is am escape for people, not stage for political activism. Or it should be.

As far as fantasy football, almost every team has some form of an RBBC... this has made fantasy football so much more difficult, as RB used to be the core of your team.. Now it feels like coaches try to outsmart themselves and some rando vultures a 1 yd TD all the time
I know this is an unpopular opinion but the RBBC issue is another big reason I recommend trying a super-flex league. It shifts the importance from RB, which has become the least important position in real football to the QB which is by far the most important position in football. It flips draft strategy on its head and gives everyone an opportunity to land top tier talent.

It might also help reframe your opinions about defense.

Defense blows.. you cannot even sack the QB anymore, and heaven forbid if your fat and you fall on the QB... I saw this video on twitter of Tom Brady getting wrecked early in his career by a Bills player, and his helmet gets knocked off. It really shows how much Defense used to make football much more fun to watch
So, it's OK to take importance away from one position and give it ridiculous importance to another? IMO FF <> NFL and shouldn't be. There is something wrong when lower tier QBs become more important than stud WRs and RBs.
I said it was an unpopular opinion. I believe it is mostly driven by unfamiliarity.

You're right, it's not reality, that's built into the name Fantasy Football. So why be bothered if you can super-flex a QB?

In the first two rounds of a typical super-flex does not see a majority of QBs drafted at the expense of other positions. You see about 8 QBs, 8 RBs and 8 WRs (and TEs depending on how that position is handled) drafted. And it continues that way throughout. It creates balance and adds depth to strategy as there are more ways to build a winning franchise.

Again, I know it's an unpopular opinion. But the days of RBs dominating the NFL landscape, when Fantasy Football was born, have been dead for decades.
I have no problem lessening the importance of RBs, but not to make another position too important. It is my belief to try and not give any one of QB, RB, WR, TE domination over the other positions.

All pre-game shows and midweek shows are unbearable. It's apparently a contest now to see who can be the biggest jackass. There actually used to be good shows back in the day.

But I suppose with all the news available online 24/7, these shows would inevitably turn into clown shows trying to prove they're the dumbest/loudest/craziest/whatever. I absolutely hate 98 percent of people on these shows.

If I ever ran into Michael Robinson in person, it probably wouldn't go very well for me, but at least I'd die with some epic last words.

I miss Howard Cosell. An NFL game was a dramatic event when he was doing a game.

ETA: Please remove Romo from telecasts. I can't stand his voice.

Maybe we need to get an active group of owners from in here and start an all-play league that will be so much fun it will keep us from quitting the game??!!!
I enjoy the schedule luck factor in H2H because I know I always have a chance to win no matter if my team underperforms. All play or total points leagues just turns it into a roto style which is so boring to me. It's the biggest thing wrong with Fantasy Baseball. Your rooting interests get diminished because every other player is against you. It's overwhelming which makes it less fun for me. I like having a specific opponent to root against. Sure it sucks to lose when you have the 2nd most points for the week but it is equally exhilarating to win when you beat the only team you could have beaten.

I have no problem lessening the importance of RBs, but not to make another position too important. It is my belief to try and not give any one of QB, RB, WR, TE domination over the other positions.
We have tried to balance scoring across all positions (yes even kickers) so that a Tier 1 player scores the same across all positions. That way you can build any way you want. Now position scarcity does come into play and there really isn't anything that can be done to balance that part out but knowing that all positions score the same does help diminish the overall importance of any one position.

We have tried to balance scoring across all positions (yes even kickers) so that a Tier 1 player scores the same across all positions. That way you can build any way you want. Now position scarcity does come into play and there really isn't anything that can be done to balance that part out but knowing that all positions score the same does help diminish the overall importance of any one position.
I believe in getting rid of kickers and defenses, especially kickers.

It's the media political narrative influence on the NFL. It started going down the toilet with CK and has progressed beyond the tolerance of a lot of viewers. People want their sports without this drama. Sports is am escape for people, not stage for political activism. Or it should be.
I know what most people trace it to and I know how people outside the NFL try to piggyback off them to score political points, clicks, eyeballs etc.

But what is happening during the game that brings that front and center for you? Helmet decals? Female referees? Latino Recognition month?

IMO the game is still just the game. I don't hold the NFL accountable for the outsiders actions.

I believe in getting rid of kickers and defenses, especially kickers.
That's fine. I actually agree with getting rid of team defenses and going to IDP. That also helps with diminishing the value of any one position and opens up a bunch more starting spots and gets you to watch more of the total game.

As far as fantasy football, almost every team has some form of an RBBC... this has made fantasy football so much more difficult, as RB used to be the core of your team.. Now it feels like coaches try to outsmart themselves and some rando vultures a 1 yd TD all the time
I know this is an unpopular opinion but the RBBC issue is another big reason I recommend trying a super-flex league. It shifts the importance from RB, which has become the least important position in real football to the QB which is by far the most important position in football. It flips draft strategy on its head and gives everyone an opportunity to land top tier talent.

It might also help reframe your opinions about defense.

Defense blows.. you cannot even sack the QB anymore, and heaven forbid if your fat and you fall on the QB... I saw this video on twitter of Tom Brady getting wrecked early in his career by a Bills player, and his helmet gets knocked off. It really shows how much Defense used to make football much more fun to watch
So, it's OK to take importance away from one position and give it ridiculous importance to another? IMO FF <> NFL and shouldn't be. There is something wrong when lower tier QBs become more important than stud WRs and RBs.
I said it was an unpopular opinion. I believe it is mostly driven by unfamiliarity.

You're right, it's not reality, that's built into the name Fantasy Football. So why be bothered if you can super-flex a QB?

In the first two rounds of a typical super-flex does not see a majority of QBs drafted at the expense of other positions. You see about 8 QBs, 8 RBs and 8 WRs (and TEs depending on how that position is handled) drafted. And it continues that way throughout. It creates balance and adds depth to strategy as there are more ways to build a winning franchise.

Again, I know it's an unpopular opinion. But the days of RBs dominating the NFL landscape, when Fantasy Football was born, have been dead for decades.
Again, I think that opinion is based upon unfamiliarity with the system.

A semi-decently configured super-flex league, over time, will see equal numbers players from each major position group drafted within the first three rounds. You will find, over time, that you can win with so many more roster configurations than you previously could.

I know people will never embrace it en masse, and I'm honestly not trying to get anyone to. I don't care about other people's leagues anymore than they care about mine. I am pointing out the general arguments against super-flex don't represent the realities of the system.

I've been above average at fantasy for sure but this season definitely feels different. Feels like my edge is gone. More random than ever. 1st in PF, 1st in PA, 2-4, you guessed it.

I think a new metric needs to be added to all leagues - median scoring or something.

I've been above average at fantasy for sure but this season definitely feels different. Feels like my edge is gone. More random than ever. 1st in PF, 1st in PA, 2-4, you guessed it.

I think a new metric needs to be added to all leagues - median scoring or something.
That's why I only play in play-all leagues. At least that removes that one piece of blind luck from the process.
I love the combo of the two which is you basically play two games each week: 1 head to head, and one against the mean score of the league for the week. That way you still have the fun of head to head, but balance out the randomness of scoring/scheduling with another bite at the apple if you have a high score but continually get unlucky and play the highest scorer every week.

I know what most people trace it to and I know how people outside the NFL try to piggyback off them to score political points, clicks, eyeballs etc.

But what is happening during the game that brings that front and center for you? Helmet decals? Female referees? Latino Recognition month?

IMO the game is still just the game. I don't hold the NFL accountable for the outsiders actions.
I posted that already. I miss announcers like Howard Cosell, who made every game he did seem like a dramatic event. He was both loved and hated to be sure, but what he brought to the game hasn't been matched since. The announcing today is unwatchable for the most part. Even past icons like Al Michaels seems to be just going through the motions today and should retire. Most of these guys are boring as hell. As for the game itself, I love it that there are female refs. The NFL needs to either do away with kickoffs and start at the 25, or move the kickoff back to the 35 so we actually have returns most of the time, instead of just 1% of the time. Why do players need to come out of the game after catching a 40 yard pass? Are they winded and need a rest? Pathetic. Lastly, kickers and punters shouldn't be allowed to have Gatorade if all they are doing is kicking a football. They aren't dehydrated, unless hungover. It's like calling golfers athletes.

ETA: The concussion protocol. Just play flag football already for crying out loud.

Last edited:
I hate the crawl at the bottom of the screen. So distracting and absolutely takes away from enjoying the game on screen.

I think we have lost the art of patience. Watching a game develop feels slow and boring to many because we are flooded by so much external information. We see a score happened in another game and wonder why there hasn't been one in the game we're watching. The crawl creates FOMO.

RedZone is even worse. It creates a sense that football has always been all action all the time, so when we try to watch a single game we feel it's boring.

I have a phone if I want to know all the stats from the other games.

Stopped watching RedZone years ago and tune in to a single game and stick with it, unless it's a rout like Buf/Pit. It was a transition that took some time, but single games are much more fun to watch now.

I wish there was an option remove the crawl.

I honestly only really watch the games of teams i care about. Nothing else holds my attention unless it's just a must see matchup. Very few of those though.

I enjoy redzone. Although it's mostly just background noise for me during sunday

I use it as background noise. I also don't have directv so living in NC it's the only way i can see the Jets live. Hopefully that'll change when someone else gets Sunday ticket.

Fantasy to me is losing its fun because its so mainstream. The guy that pays zero attention in your league gets all the fantasy info he could ever want sent right to his email or alerting him on his phone. Within 5 minutes of Schefter announcing that CMC was traded, I got an alert on my phone telling me that Foreman was the pickup over Chuba. Everybody and their brother is a fantasy pundit now and is bombarding the market with (good and bad) fantasy content so there's no homework to do anymore. You don't need to know the Seattle depth chart. If Metcalf gets hurt, there'll be an alert on your phone within minutes telling you to pick up Marquise Goodwin or Dee Eskridge. A whole summer of draft prep is thrown out the window when every site's draft day email advice is touting 4th round rookies as sleepers.

Fantasy to me is losing its fun because its so mainstream. The guy that pays zero attention in your league gets all the fantasy info he could ever want sent right to his email or alerting him on his phone. Within 5 minutes of Schefter announcing that CMC was traded, I got an alert on my phone telling me that Foreman was the pickup over Chuba. Everybody and their brother is a fantasy pundit now and is bombarding the market with (good and bad) fantasy content so there's no homework to do anymore. You don't need to know the Seattle depth chart. If Metcalf gets hurt, there'll be an alert on your phone within minutes telling you to pick up Marquise Goodwin or Dee Eskridge. A whole summer of draft prep is thrown out the window when every site's draft day email advice is touting 4th round rookies as sleepers.

This is a big factor. You used to actually have to do your due diligence to do well and pick up a guy before he broke out. Now, more so than ever it is just pure luck, and people that don't pay attention can do really well. Although, I will say the Sharkpool is still one of the best places that still gives me an advantage.

. I miss announcers like Howard Cosell, who made every game he did seem like a dramatic event. He was both loved and hated to be sure, but what he brought to the game hasn't been matched since. The announcing today is unwatchable for the most part. Even past icons like Al Michaels seems to be just going through the motions today and should retire. Most of these guys are boring as hell.
I grew up with Cosell, he was so polarizing but I was always on "Love him" side of the equation. I recently read David Kindred's Sound & Fury it's so compelling for people of a certain age. It really makes you appreciate how Cosell essentially conjured the position of sports analyst and interviewer out of thin air. Everyone in sports broadcasting today owes him a debt of gratitude.

That being said "I'm watching/not watching game X because of announcer Y" has been said by no person ever. If you have, maybe you just don't like sports, or you should at least tone down the intensity a notch. They're games, nothing more than games.

Maybe we need to get an active group of owners from in here and start an all-play league that will be so much fun it will keep us from quitting the game??!!!
I enjoy the schedule luck factor in H2H because I know I always have a chance to win no matter if my team underperforms. All play or total points leagues just turns it into a roto style which is so boring to me. It's the biggest thing wrong with Fantasy Baseball. Your rooting interests get diminished because every other player is against you. It's overwhelming which makes it less fun for me. I like having a specific opponent to root against. Sure it sucks to lose when you have the 2nd most points for the week but it is equally exhilarating to win when you beat the only team you could have beaten.
Might as well just play online blackjack then. :boxing:

I still love football & love FF.

My 16 team PPR IDP SF TE-P I took over an orphan in this year is challenging as heck. I lost a QB week 2, and have made nearly a dozen trades - I’ve had HORRIBLE luck, losing one game on a Thursday stat adjustment (3rd highest score that week) while facing Taysom Hill and his ridiculous 44+; and losing another on MNF in a week that I had 3 players leave with injury and lost by 2 points as the 2nd highest scoring team. And oh yeah, Tee Higgins took the night off. I lost by 2.x

All told I’m now 1-5, with arguably a top 7 roster (top 3 offense). Sometimes it’s just not your year - bad luck, unfortunately timed scheduling, injuries, etc.

And yet I still love it. I can’t wait until next year when my team is even better out of the gate and I kick some serous butt.

My 12-team SF dynasty is in total rebuild, and I have 7 core players & 6x 1sts in 2023. I’m a lock for 1.01 at 0-6, and 4 of my 6 picks will be the top 4. (They’re 0-6, 1-5, 1-5) - 2 of those teams decided to rebuild & I have their firsts, so that worked out splendidly. I’m more excited for the 2023 draft than anything in my personal history of FF. It’s been a 2-year plan, and totally rebuilding is a really fun challenge.

My redraft IDP is 4-2, and could have been 5-1 had I been smarter with lineup choices.

In the NFC leagues, I have 3 sacks of smelly trash, and one 1st place team. I’m excited about potentially winning an NFC league and advancing to the finals.

And even the FBG subscriber contest gets me geeked up.

As for the product on the field, there have always been bad calls. There have always been good teams and bad. Anyone who grew up watching the Lions play on TG knows bad football happens. Get two bad teams on the field, and you’re gonna get bad football. TNF has been painful for a couple weeks but last night was a fun, exciting game.

I dunno - I’m passionate about the things I’m into, be it hot sauce, sports, playing golf, music, or Fantasy football. I, too, have gone through periods where my excitement has waxed or waned. But it’s always right there.

And in the off-season I have fantasy baseball to keep my competitive spirit up.

I’m sorry some of y’all are losing interest for whatever reason. And it’s ok to lose your passion for a thing - give yourselves permission to do so - so many of these topics over the years sound so torn or regretful. It’s ok - if you’re doing something that causes stress or unhappiness, it’s ok to quit doing it.

Maybe taking a step back for a year will rekindle the passion. Or maybe it’ll reaffirm that you made the right call by doing so. Either way, life is short. You should do, or do not do, what makes you happy.

That being said "I'm watching/not watching game X because of announcer Y" has been said by no person ever. If you have, maybe you just don't like sports, or you should at least tone down the intensity a notch. They're games, nothing more than games.
In the NFL world this is probably true. I'm not a huge fan of Aikman in the booth, but him calling a game doesn't deter me from watching it.

But in college football, I can introduce you to hundreds of folks (like me) who watch their favorite team play on tv, while simultaneously streaming TuneIn radio to get the commentary by their school's radio announcers. It's not so much that we're doing it to avoid a particular tv broadcast crew or person, but there's so many college teams, so many games, so many announcers needed to call them all that the tv crews are just generic. Having a crew that doesn't know your school/conference/players because last week they called BYU/Utah and this week it's LSU/Florida, I just don't care to listen to any of the college announcers.

Unless it's Beth Mowins on the call. I'll watch the game muted before I listen to that.

In the NFL world this is probably true. I'm not a huge fan of Aikman in the booth, but him calling a game doesn't deter me from watching it.

But in college football, I can introduce you to hundreds of folks (like me) who watch their favorite team play on tv, while simultaneously streaming TuneIn radio to get the commentary by their school's radio announcers. It's not so much that we're doing it to avoid a particular tv broadcast crew or person, but there's so many college teams, so many games, so many announcers needed to call them all that the tv crews are just generic. Having a crew that doesn't know your school/conference/players because last week they called BYU/Utah and this week it's LSU/Florida, I just don't care to listen to any of the college announcers.

Unless it's Beth Mowins on the call. I'll watch the game muted before I listen to that.
As you said, you're still watching.

Announcing sports may be the best gig in the world. You're grossly overpaid, by orders of magnitude, you get to travel all over the country and watch sports just to do something that no one cares about.

Every announcer in the world should have a shrine dedicated to Howard Cosell front and center in their homes.

I play in dynasty and everything seems normal to me. Frustrating, of course. It always is. My team was "projected" to be right at #1 for seasonal. My points, however, are smack-dab in the middle of the league. And my record is 1-5, tied in last place with 1 other team.

This last week I had a 3.2-point lead the only player left in my game was Mike Williams going against me (PPR). So I knew i needed an injury or just a miracle dud. Of course he only had a few targets through all 60 minutes of regulation and only caught 1 for a few yards. Of course he didn't get anything in the first 7 minutes of overtime. But of course he made a reception to beat me by 0.5 on the final offensive play of the game.

But I'm having as much fun as usual, which is not much but yeah!

Who follows NFL players on Instagram???
Who uses Instagram?
Anyone who wants to see pictures of what I had for dinner.
Also boobs.

Not yours.

But in general.

I’m just sayin.
I'm just saying you're not very good at Internet if you go to Instagram for boobs.
It’s all my dial-up AOL account allows.

I just graduated from ASCII playboy pics.
Who follows NFL players on Instagram???
Who uses Instagram?
Anyone who wants to see pictures of what I had for dinner.
Also boobs.

Not yours.

But in general.

I’m just sayin.
Is there a reason why not Chaka's? Do you know something?
Just a hunch

Along with only playing in one league, after the draft I make a point to never look at opponents teams. Including not looking at my weekly matchup. It's more enjoyable to watch football when you don't have to root against anyone either. Eventually I forget most of who they drafted and ignorance is bliss.

IDP brings back a lot of the old school feel for FF. It is much harder getting good IDP information so the owners that can do their own research and figure out "sleepers" that will score just as good as name guys have a big advantage. If you miss the old days look into IDP. You won't be disappointed.

Along with only playing in one league, after the draft I make a point to never look at opponents teams. Including not looking at my weekly matchup. It's more enjoyable to watch football when you don't have to root against anyone either. Eventually I forget most of who they drafted and ignorance is bliss.
Yes! I was going to post this as well. I usually do check on Sunday evening so I do know the stakes for the last two island games. But overall, you're right that it makes no sense to have to cheer against players. That's especially true if you're playing in multiple leagues, because invariably the guy you're cheering for in one league is on your opponent's roster in another

In addition to that it can keep you from altering from your highest scoring lineup, something that can happen if you see you both have players from the same team.

Super oversimplified but touchdowns are way down.

Teams scoring at least 3.4 TDs / g:
  • 2022 - 3
  • 2021 - 5
  • 2020 - 8
  • 2019 - 5
  • 2018 - 4
Teams scoring at least 3.0 TDs / g:
  • 2022 - 5
  • 2021 - 8
  • 2020 - 14
  • 2019 - 8
  • 2018 - 11
Teams scoring at least 2.0 TDs / g:
  • 2022 - 23
  • 2021 - 26
  • 2020 - 30
  • 2019 - 25
  • 2018 - 26
This is especially relevant when we’re talking about stud RB production and TE production outside the Top 2.

Games are not fun. It’s not great defense, it’s just inept offenses who won’t take risks. Boring af.

IMO
I'm not sure that's a fair metric considering we're only about 1/3 of the way into the season. Many teams obviously start slow and take a bit of time to get into a rhythm. This has only gotten worse in the past few years, with the reduction of pre-season games/participation.
I was thinking similarly. What would be interesting to me is to see a breakdown of splits between weeks 1-9 & 10-18 now that resting so many players in the preseason has become increasingly common.

2022 was the lowest scoring per game in September since 2010

IDP brings back a lot of the old school feel for FF. It is much harder getting good IDP information so the owners that can do their own research and figure out "sleepers" that will score just as good as name guys have a big advantage. If you miss the old days look into IDP. You won't be disappointed.
Exactly what you said is the reason I've tried for 3 years now to add IDP (properly scored of course) into my redraft leagues. And it's for the opposite reason that the other owners vote against it. "But I don't know any of the players....there's too many defensive players....where can I find an IDP cheat sheet....etc." If they can't have the info provided right to their fingertips, they aren't interested.

What I really need to do is ditch my old boring leagues and go find some different leagues with like-minded people. But enough about me....

There are a number of very annoying people in the NFL media "talent" pool.

The 3 biggest for me are...

Tony Romo
Michael Irvin
Scott Hanson

3 of my favorites are...

Kurt Warner
Kirk Herbstreit
Louis Riddick

Every year I say I am going to cut down, but then the ffb draft gets closer and closer. I've realized that I love drafting. Back in the day, 10-15 years ago, I liked the thrill of the season. For the past few years I have burned out around week 6. This year, I really did not care too much about WEEK 1. That is a problem. I also have a few leagues where it is draft and watch, no transactions. My logic was that these leagues are okay since I don't need to manage, but that is not true. The offseason has trades and transactions. For me, I think I am going to drop those leagues first. All of this does not even count survivor and pick'em "leagues". All in all I am in 14 leagues, way too many.

Love Red Zone because there are no commercials.

The rest? Yeah, it is getting old. Worst part is the watching players and coaches making major $$ and just being totally stupid, on and off the field. Aggravating.

I hate this year and at the moment can't wait for it to be over.

In one league I started ETN and JRob. ETN got stuffed at the goal line, JRob got it down to the half yard line, then Lawrence got the TD. In fact, he got two rushing TDs, and guess who my opponent started at QB.

In another league earlier this year I lost by 0.1 because the Broncos suck and my K couldn't get one more point (missed a FG then they went for two later in the game).

In another league I'm 3rd in scoring but 2-4. My opponents in the four losses all posted their high scores of the season in those games.

In my last league I'm 1-5 and low scoring. I can't stand being happy with my draft then my team sucking.

Barely pay attention to my dynasty team or even the NFL much anymore and having a very good fantasy year. I've found the less I pay attention the better my team does and I enjoy it more. :shrug:

I have to say that while I've lost a little excitement about fantasy football, I still enjoy it even after 27 years. I certainly don't do anywhere near the research I used to do when I first started but I still enjoy it to this day. The draft is the biggest thing for me but I'm still attentive during the rest of the year and I still watch stats.

However, I can also see why some would tire of it as well and I agree that now even the laziest FF owner can still win it all due to the 24/7 updates, but that's how it is. I guess the excitement for me is learning how to get ahead of even that and going the extra mile.

Listen, I need to do something. I'm no where near as exciting and fun as I used to be so I need to get my enjoyment from somewhere. :)

Barely pay attention to my dynasty team or even the NFL much anymore and having a very good fantasy year. I've found the less I pay attention the better my team does and I enjoy it more. :shrug:
As long as you don't start players on a bye, or are OUT, each to their own. Otherwise, as a commissioner, I would have issues with that.

I certainly don't do anywhere near the research I used to do when I first starte
This x 1000

20 years ago, I used to put more time into my fantasy prep than my career, my relationships and my hygiene combined.

I was a year round SP poster trying to clean any advantage possible.

I had a spreadsheet full of macros specific to my league that I used to tweak the FBGs VBD excel spreadsheet and import into the DD classic. I modified everything, every year. It was a blast but also a huge chore.

Last year I showed up in the SP in August, I DL'd the new DD two days before my draft, synced our MFL league and that was it. All told I put in 30 minutes of prep for the draft. And won my league.

Best season ever.

I've gone up and down over the last few years, and I think part of the down has been the glut of information out there. Years ago, there was a time where if you were on FBG or a handful of other sites, you had a huge edge. These days, everyone has a ton of information, and it's almost all the same. Drafts used to be more fun because there was a chance that guys would go off the board and players you wanted would fall to you, but now it almost feels like we could just auto-draft because everyone is working from the same list. Weekly rankings, waiver gems, trade values, everybody has the same rankings to work from, so it just feels like all that's left to differentiate success or failure is the luck factor.

As long as you don't start players on a bye, or are OUT, each to their own. Otherwise, as a commissioner, I would have issues with that.
I don't totally ignore it. I wouldn't start players on a bye. Just not as active as I used to be. Minimal research and time spent scouring the wire or for trades. Worked out better for me and my team is a contender.

Users who are viewing this thread