What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst features on cars (1 Viewer)

Power windows. The motors inside are like $400 to replace. When one of mine went out I seriously asked if they could just replace it with a crank. 
Power anything. I think windows is the only power thing we have though. I think the only feature I actually want whenever we upgrade next is the rear camera. 

Whatever the new default version of cruise control is - where it automatically slows you down if you get too close to a car in front of you. Unacceptable. This is America, gd.
Absolutely love adaptive cruise control on long drives.  Can mostly just sit in the left lane without any foot on the pedals and just let the car adjust the speed automatically.   One of my favorite new features.   

Try backing up with bicycles on a rack behind the car on a Subaru Outback. The automatic braking kept locking up and I couldn't even back out of a parking space. I had to dig deep in the manual to disable.

Also, I don't really like being scolded to "keep my eyes on the road" when I'm looking around.

NutterButter said:
Touch screens for temperature controls.  I miss having the dials.    So much easier to just reach over without looking and quickly go from hot to cold or from blowing out the top vents vs bottom.   Its really a safety hazard trying to adjust this stuff when driving.
I test drove a Volvo CX 90 the other day, and hated this aspect. Felt totally unsafe to me. 

Juxtatarot said:
Heated seats. By the time they warm up, the car is already warm. And it’s not like I have a cold butt and back problem.
Get better seats.  Ours heat up very quickly.  And the steering wheel is heated as well.

And if you hate heated seats, you can just not turn them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
sho nuff said:
While not touch screen, its more buttons and setting temp and so on.  He will be happy going back to a car with the simple...hot or cold dial, dial the fan level up, and dial for defrost or feet or front vents.  I do prefer the simplicity of that (and its a pretty clean look in the car too).
That's what I want in my appliances.  The dryer I just got has a cycle setting, a heat setting, and a push button to start.  Took me less than thirty seconds to learn how to use it.  Easy peasy.  I don't want all that useless crap.

NutterButter said:
Absolutely love adaptive cruise control on long drives.  Can mostly just sit in the left lane without any foot on the pedals and just let the car adjust the speed automatically.   One of my favorite new features.   
Communist.

Get better seats.  Ours heat up very quickly.  And the steering wheel is heated as well.

Yeah, I love the heated seats.  The intensity definitely varies by model, though.   The van I can keep it on high and while it's warm, I sometimes forget it's on.  My newer sedan, if I have it on the highest setting I feel like I'm being roasted after about 5-10 minutes, at which point I lower the setting.  I've left it on high for the full 15 minute drive home from work once or twice just to see if I could hold out that long - good thing I'm not having any more kids.

2019 Toyota Sienna.  Love it.  Do NOT love the seat belt warning system, however. Let's say I need to run a few boxes from my office to the recycling station.  It's all in my parking lot, minimal traffic, I won't go over 15 MPH.  If I don't buckle up in like 3 seconds, it sounds like the warning system from Chernobyl.  I've tried to outlast it, thinking it will take a hint and stop dinging.  No!  Wrong!  Just gets louder and angrier at me and I cave.  Come on, Toyota, this isn't a ride at Six Flags, I can go 600 yards at 10 MPH without strapping in.

2019 Toyota Sienna.  Love it.  Do NOT love the seat belt warning system, however. Let's say I need to run a few boxes from my office to the recycling station.  It's all in my parking lot, minimal traffic, I won't go over 15 MPH.  If I don't buckle up in like 3 seconds, it sounds like the warning system from Chernobyl.  I've tried to outlast it, thinking it will take a hint and stop dinging.  No!  Wrong!  Just gets louder and angrier at me and I cave.  Come on, Toyota, this isn't a ride at Six Flags, I can go 600 yards at 10 MPH without strapping in.
Wife has a Toyota. The alarm system for seatbelts is a running joke in the family. seriously people, watch the first episode of Chernobyl. Same thing. 

Its funny...my wife's Odyssey, the heated seats do take a while to heat up.  Her office (when she was going there), is not far from the house.  The seats would barely be warm by the time she got there.  We have an older Ford Escape that the seats are warm by the time you get out of the neighborhood.  

They are nice to have...just not a make or break feature for me.  I guess helps living in TN.  If I lived near my family in Wisconsin...Id be all about heated seats and remote starters.

BeTheMatch said:
Whatever the new default version of cruise control is - where it automatically slows you down if you get too close to a car in front of you. Unacceptable. This is America, gd.
@BeTheMatch, why don't you like this feature?  Ours returns you to regular cruise control when the space clears.

Wife has a Toyota. The alarm system for seatbelts is a running joke in the family. seriously people, watch the first episode of Chernobyl. Same thing. 
My 11 camry isn’t too bad.  The newer Rav4 rental we have had is like that. My wife did laugh saying it got angrier at her.  

You could use the extra steps. Don't be a lazybones 

Sounds like a user error.
I had a dream last night that I got banned forever from FBG.  It might come true.

People like you are why these devil creations come to be.  

What's next, if you sit in the TV remote for two seconds all the windows in your house open?

Anticipated response, "well why are you sitting on the remote?"

Areghfhghggggggg

My 2010 Toyota 4Runner beeps for 30 seconds and then stops.  I loved that, but it has been passed to the kids.  I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee now.  It beeps until you buckle.   :(

The Jeep is an automatic, but also has paddle shifters on the steering wheel.  I have accidentally hit those a few times while driving.  They suck and I have no need for them.

Why do you keep your keys in your pocket in your house?
Is having keys in your pocket some radical thing now? 

I get that a lot of people might toss them when they walk in the door, but a pocket seems like a perfectly reasonable place to keep keys.

It certainly doesn't make someone so irresponsible that they deserve to have their car flooded.

Seems if you keep rolling down all your windows by accident that you could also be unlocking your car by accident all the damn time. I would be seeking a new plac for my keys if that was the case. Not because of the window thing, but the unlocking your car thing

I get that a lot of people might toss them when they walk in the door, but a pocket seems like a perfectly reasonable place to keep keys.

It certainly doesn't make someone so irresponsible that they deserve to have their car flooded.
This post exceeds the maximum logic threshold.  You have been warned.

Seems if you keep rolling down all your windows by accident that you could also be unlocking your car by accident all the damn time. I would be seeking a new plac for my keys if that was the case. Not because of the window thing, but the unlocking your car thing
Well, at least it has the feature where it relocks itself if you don't open a door within a minute or so .

However if the windows are open .....

ghostguy123 said:
I am being victim blamed.  Holy ####### ####
Don’t be so sensitive, we’re just screwing with you. Now you are one of a few select folks in the world that have accidentally used a feature 4 times and still not put your keys on a hook when you enter.

You can also use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089YV5748/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZGQMSYG89SXHAKN32XVY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just remember one thing. If your wife invites a bunch of people over and everyone is putting their keys in there, you’re in for an interesting evening. ;)  

@BeTheMatch, why don't you like this feature?  Ours returns you to regular cruise control when the space clears.
My body, my choice. I'm a full autonomy guy. I don't need Elon Musk telling me when it's time to slow down.

Also, I like to use aggressive tail-gating as a way to indicate to the idiot in front of me to get out of the left lane so I can pass them. Because I'm an American, and my right to do that is guaranteed in the bible.

Based on your earlier posts, I don’t think you’ve got a new dangled fob that opens windows. A key doesn’t do anything but sit in your pocket.

Is there maybe a glitch on your key fob? 
Could be. If you’ve rolled down the windows multiple times, you’d have to assume that the panic alarm has been set off even more times. I’ve set that off and I don’t keep my keys in my pocket and honestly only ever carry the FOB anyway. I or anyone in my family have never accidentally rolled down the windows but I know I’ve set off the panic button but even then it in the house.

Could be. If you’ve rolled down the windows multiple times, you’d have to assume that the panic alarm has been set off even more times. I’ve set that off and I don’t keep my keys in my pocket and honestly only ever carry the FOB anyway. I or anyone in my family have never accidentally rolled down the windows but I know I’ve set off the panic button but even then it in the house.
Some of you guys are in those Progressive commercials, aren't you?

The pace of our demise is hastening.

NutterButter said:
You're definitely driving too slow in left lane .......

I had a dream last night that I got banned forever from FBG.  It might come true.

People like you are why these devil creations come to be.  

What's next, if you sit in the TV remote for two seconds all the windows in your house open?

Anticipated response, "well why are you sitting on the remote?"

Areghfhghggggggg
I’m just messing around. Sorry.

Oh no of course not. I take my keys out of my pocket within seconds or minutes of getting home. Thought that was “normal”. Otherwise keeping keys in your pocket is the perfectly sane thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread