What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst Riddle Ever (2 Viewers)

I'll be honest - I'm not sure I understood it when I posted it, but Willie quoting nrec34 on page 7 without comment led me to believe it had to be something like that.   I can hardly wait for the fame and glory coming my way, however....
History will not look kindly at this crap &$@?$& thread. I would not want to be associated with it in any way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest - I'm not sure I understood it when I posted it, but Willie quoting nrec34 on page 7 without comment led me to believe it had to be something like that.   I can hardly wait for the fame and glory coming my way, however....

I was about to link to my post 5 or 6 pages ago where I basically gave the same answer, but...  nah, you can have the credit on this one.

A question.

47 Elderly people board a chartered bus headed to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.  By bus, the trip to their destination is ~2224 miles and 32 hours so the original plan is to stay in hotels 2 nights during their trip.  No addition passengers are picked up during these stops.

With it being such a long trip with elderly passengers, there are a few issues along the way.  11 Passengers have mild food poisoning from bad pizza in Oklahoma, but are able to continue the trip.  4 Passengers forget their medication and need to arrange for it to be sent to a stop ahead.  2 Passengers are injured when a fight breaks out during a bridge tournament, but are OK after some basic first aid.  1 Just flat out dies (it happens). 

While trying to cross into Canada, 2 of the passengers have issues with their passports causing an additional stay on the US side.  The other (now 44) elderly passengers are not happy, but the charter company comps their meals and puts the passengers up in a nice hotel for the extra night's stay.

Passport issues resolved, the group is happy to finally pull into the the parking lot on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.  When the bus stops, 54 passengers disembark.  Where did those extra passengers come from? 
They were the non-elderly passengers on the charter

A question.

47 Elderly people board a chartered bus headed to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.  By bus, the trip to their destination is ~2224 miles and 32 hours so the original plan is to stay in hotels 2 nights during their trip.  No addition passengers are picked up during these stops.

With it being such a long trip with elderly passengers, there are a few issues along the way.  11 Passengers have mild food poisoning from bad pizza in Oklahoma, but are able to continue the trip.  4 Passengers forget their medication and need to arrange for it to be sent to a stop ahead.  2 Passengers are injured when a fight breaks out during a bridge tournament, but are OK after some basic first aid.  1 Just flat out dies (it happens). 

While trying to cross into Canada, 2 of the passengers have issues with their passports causing an additional stay on the US side.  The other (now 44) elderly passengers are not happy, but the charter company comps their meals and puts the passengers up in a nice hotel for the extra night's stay.

Passport issues resolved, the group is happy to finally pull into the the parking lot on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls.  When the bus stops, 54 passengers disembark.  Where did those extra passengers come from? 
Nope

Train 1 leaves Los Angeles for Chicago at 70 mph, at the same time train 2 leaves from Chicago for Los Angeles 80 mph.  The distance from Los Angeles to Chicago is 2000 miles.  How long will it take for them to crash into each other?

Train 1 leaves Los Angeles for Chicago at 70 mph, at the same time train 2 leaves from Chicago for Los Angeles 80 mph.  The distance from Los Angeles to Chicago is 2000 miles.  How long will it take for them to crash into each other?
Why would they crash? 

13 hours and 20 minutes, assuming they are on the same track.

Some of the post-answer responses have really hurt and from some I considered friends. My crime was telling a riddle with a good set-up but an underwhelming payoff and for that I get an actual "#### you" and dozens more FU's worded differently. What started in my mind as a unique and fun thread has turned into this. I'm a people-pleaser so I can't lie and say it doesn't affect me. Sorry I let you down, guys.

Some of the post-answer responses have really hurt and from some I considered friends. My crime was telling a riddle with a good set-up but an underwhelming payoff and for that I get an actual "#### you" and dozens more FU's worded differently. What started in my mind as a unique and fun thread has turned into this. I'm a people-pleaser so I can't lie and say it doesn't affect me. Sorry I let you down, guys.
It's just kvetching.   Don't take it to heart.

A question.

They were the elderly passenger's doctors threatening to hit them in the hand

I'm all for polite and civil behavior on this forum--but honestly--you deserve every bit of grief that you get for this thread.   People appreciate riddles and mental exercises--but we don't appreciate getting our time and efforts wasted. If you don't want to catch grief--don't waste peoples time.   There was zero reason for you to go absent for days when you could have revealed the ridiculously stupid answer fairly immediately in a hidden comment format.  With that being said--I actually find you to be a pretty entertaining and solid FBG. I think you just had a major lapse of judgement in the way you handled this particular thread.  

I'm all for polite and civil behavior on this forum--but honestly--you deserve every bit of grief that you get for this thread.   People appreciate riddles and mental exercises--but we don't appreciate getting our time and efforts wasted. If you don't want to catch grief--don't waste peoples time.   There was zero reason for you to go absent for days when you could have revealed the ridiculously stupid answer fairly immediately in a hidden comment format.  With that being said--I actually find you to be a pretty entertaining and solid FBG. I think you just had a major lapse of judgement in the way you handled this particular thread.  
:goodposting:

Plus in 20 years there has never been a riddle thread that ended without the OPer taking it on the chin.

A question.

The bus was from Mexico and there were extra passengers hanging out under the bus?

A question.

The bus picked up a bunch of Canadian hookers. Canadian bus hookers are a thing.

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

uhhhhhooooohhhh my goodness!  I can speak!

What did the doctor write on the paper?

What the doctor wrote down is the answer to the riddle. And the answer to the riddle is...the answer to the riddle!

https://8.smash.com/u/2015/01/ezgif-3234529725.gif

A Meta-Riddle is a self-referential riddle where the telling and guessing of the riddle and the riddle itself become intertwined. The riddle would include at least two subjects, one with a specific condition and the other tasked with solving the condition. Depending on the condition of the riddle's subject, the period of guessing and queries would proceed similarly to the riddle's storyline. When the riddle is solved the riddle teller's "condition" resolves identically to the riddle's subject.

In this specific meta-riddle when lakerstan correctly guessed the answer the guess was affirmed in the same way the man reacted to the doctor's note ("uhhhhhooooohhhh my goodness!  I can speak!"). The man in the riddle is likely dealing with something called Selective mutism. A potential treatment for this affliction can be something called a "mystery motivator". In the riddle's case the mystery motivator was the written answer to the riddle. In the case of the riddle teller, the mystery motivator is also the written answer to the riddle. The resolution to the riddle and the resolution to the action of telling and guessing the riddle are identical. Upon conclusion, the riddle has become a foretelling of the real life events to follow.

If I had it do all over again I would not have given the riddle's subject the affliction of Selective mutism as it was just too difficult to see my online silence as being analogous to the man in the riddle's silence. Something that would have been a little more obvious in a written setting would have been better. I heard the riddle a few weeks back and saw it play out live in a matter of minutes and after the riddle was solved thought it would be an interesting experiment to try online. There would be no way to get the same amount of guesses/dialogue online in a short period of time hence my giving the thread some time to play out. If you had seen me tell you the riddle in person and then go silent as you guessed the answer, my silence would have played much differently and it would have been more obvious it was part of the overall picture. Instead, it came off as me ignoring guesses and the thread as a whole. Overall It was a swing and a miss but I hope you can see at least I whiffed while taking a huge cut. Thanks to all the doctors for the guesses and congrats to doctor lakerstan for correct diagnosis. "I'll never be able to thank you enough, doctor."
This is ... terrible.

what do i know the answer is that they were already on the bus when the old timers got on that is an easy one but i came here to write willie look man you are a good brohan there is no doubt about it but this is the second time you have gotten mad about responses in a thread you made what i say is this just let roll off of your back and if you decide that you want to be happier than brohan just look in the mirror and make that change take that to the bank bromigo 

Don't worry about it.  Folks like to complain...it was harmless and people take life too seriously.  I enjoyed guessing and while the answer is kinda silly, I think we all knew it wouldn't be some amazing solution that fit perfectly that no one could think of.  Was destined to be something like that.

Anyway, was fun guessing.  Head up.

Users who are viewing this thread