What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would You Consider This Trade Involving D Cook and Z Elliott? (1 Viewer)

jwsbowler

Footballguy
The dynasty that I am in (20 years, contract style cap space)...  normal scoring PPR (TE at 1.25) and normal style lineup with 1 RB-WR-TE flex... I am thinking this for a core type trade:

Give:  Dalvin Cook, Diontae Johnson, pick 1.11

Get:  Zeke Elliott, Tee Higgins, pick 1.05

The owner is a Minny fan traded me Cook 2 years ago.  Elliott contract is up and Cook is up next year... 

Give me your thoughts.  I am in good cap shape and this offer would help me a bit for a few future years.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does it mean when the "contract is up"?  That will play a role in my decision making on this. 

I might not be the best guy to answer this since I am a Vikes fan and love Cook.  I also really like Higgins so I have pieces on both sides that I really like.  I am not one of the Zeke haters as I think he will be an RB1 for the next couple years so not a huge downgrade from Cook.  Do you know who will be available at 1.05?  That may factor into the decision as well.

What are the cap numbers for everyone involved?

What does it mean when the "contract is up"?  That will play a role in my decision making on this. 

I might not be the best guy to answer this since I am a Vikes fan and love Cook.  I also really like Higgins so I have pieces on both sides that I really like.  I am not one of the Zeke haters as I think he will be an RB1 for the next couple years so not a huge downgrade from Cook.  Do you know who will be available at 1.05?  That may factor into the decision as well.

What are the cap numbers for everyone involved?
This is the same league with the cap based on years signed for each player.  Elliott's contract has to be resigned by the owner and he is a bit close on the cap space limit.  He's got some maneuvering to do to make things work.  

1.01 - I see Chase or Pitt  (I feel Chase here as he needs more help at WR spot. ...and has pick 1.04)
1.02 - Harris
1.03 - The remainder of the top 3... but I could see Lawrence go here as he has Darnold, Jones, Lock at QB and he's been trying to deal any for a QB
1.04 - Etienne or D Smith.  And if Lawrence is available, I could see him going here.  He has Mahomes only and we have to carry 2 QBs per league rules.  I know he's dropping Bridgewater and Foles.

I should have mentioned that I have Gibson, Swift, Henry and Cook as my RBs... and moving David Johnson in trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the same league with the cap based on years signed for each player.  Elliott's contract has to be resigned by the owner and he is a bit close on the cap space limit.  He's got some maneuvering to do to make things work.  

1.01 - I see Chase or Pitt  (I feel Chase here as he needs more help at WR spot. ...and has pick 1.04)
1.02 - Harris
1.03 - The remainder of the top 3... but I could see Lawrence go here as he has Darnold, Jones, Lock at QB and he's been trying to deal any for a QB
1.04 - Etienne or D Smith.  
So essentially you can just re-up the contract years provided you have years available to give up.  So it's not like you lose those guys because their contract is up.  You can keep them as long as you want as long as you can keep finding contract years.  

Seems like that remaining contract length is fairly minimal in the grand scheme of evaluations then.  I think it's really close and would flip a coin.  I probably keep Cook because I am a Vikes fan as that sways the weight that direction.  it's that close for me.  

So essentially you can just re-up the contract years provided you have years available to give up.  So it's not like you lose those guys because their contract is up.  You can keep them as long as you want as long as you can keep finding contract years.  

Seems like that remaining contract length is fairly minimal in the grand scheme of evaluations then.  I think it's really close and would flip a coin.  I probably keep Cook because I am a Vikes fan as that sways the weight that direction.  it's that close for me.  
yes...  for us to re-up a player, we have to sign at +2.  So, for Elliott, the owner needs to sign at 5 years (current contract of 3 and +2), which means a cap hit of 5 for each of the years.  Our total is 60 and we carry a minimum of 16 to a max of 22.  

We try to keep things flowing and the thought was to promote trades as the receiving team can keep the contract at 3.  The group does a good job with this.  

Users who are viewing this thread