What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you rather get shocked or stand in an empty room(scooter can sit)for fifteen minutes. (1 Viewer)

Would you rather

• Be bored

Votes: 72 82.8%
  • Get shocked

Votes: 15 17.2%

• Total voters
I ended up at the chiropractor for a few weeks after a violent twitch when getting shocked in the neck at a Tough Mudder, give me the room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this like the dangly jellyfish thing you have to run through? 
We were the first heat of the day.  They had two fields like THIS.  You crawl through mud and a field of wires where only some are electrified.  The first field was pretty full and I wanted to get through fast instead of crawling through behind other people so I went to the other field where no one else was.  About 1/4 of the way in, I saw the battery and it looked like the system was set up to charge and then discharge when someone contacted a wire spreading the shock over everyone.  Only problem was I was the only one in this field. 

I was specifically wearing a hat to keep the wires out of my face but one swung under and hit me right along the jawline/neckline and I saw stars.  I've done a bunch of Tough Mudders and been shocked a bunch but this was the worst.  I finished the field and met up with my friends who crawled through the crowded one.  Someone asked if there was a girl that went through my field with me.  "No, that was my scream"  Then my wife pointed to where I got shocked and asked if it was there, she saw a big white spot.

Neck was bothering me after that and had to get it adjusted once a week for 4-5 weeks before it was back to normal.

Stealing from a podcast and based off an old study...

Would you rather stand alone in an empty room in a 3 foot diameter circle for 15 minutes

Or....

Get shocked by an invisible fence dog collar calibrated for a great dane once and then you are done. 

At what point does your mind change? 
A few months ago I was adding an outlet to a line where there was a connector junction box in a closet and didn't realize it was 220 line for the water heater.  Didn't turn off the 220 breakers prior.  Got zapped and couldn't figure out why until I tested the outlet with my cordless battery charger and it starter smoking and caught fire.  I'd lean towards taking the shock rather than spending 15 minutes thinking of some other stupid idea.

If it was an anechoic room, the absolute silence would drive you crazy long before the 15 minutes is up. 

Users who are viewing this thread