What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you save a baby bird? (1 Viewer)

Van Dyman

Footballguy
These robins built their nest in a risky spot - a young tree with no supporting trees around it.  It gets blown around like crazy.  Now one of the babies is on the ground.  We had some strong winds today and I think that may have knocked it out of the nest.  It looks too young to be out.  I can expound on that, but it seems like they hatched hatched 7-10 days ago iirc.  The nest is too high for me to put it back in there.  Websites say the parents will actually take care of it if I build a fake nest and put it as high as possible.  But...

Nature has spoken.  If I intervene and help these things pass down their "bad nest" gene to the next generation, then that's no good.

What say ye.  Intervene or let nature take its course?

If you know how to try and save it, do so.  I agree with the karma postulation.  Me, I'm too stupid to know how to build a nest, so I would just let it lay.

Save it. Robins are BA.  If you can't figure out the nest thing go find som broad who was raised in the 70's and use her bush.  

Just had a similar situation where one baby of three fell out of a nest which was impossible to reach.  Put it in a shoe box and fed it a few times.  Researched a bit and it was suggested to put it out and the mother would still come and nurture it.  It did not happen and the poor little fellow was dead by morning. I did not have the ability to be able to feed it every 30 minutes, but wished I had a better solution.  

Users who are viewing this thread