What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.T. Perry, NO (1 Viewer)

Are we sure there is nothing to see here? Lots of questions at WR behind Olave. Really productive last 2 seasons at Wake. Kind of a Marques Colston build. If he makes the team he could easily get an opportunity to produce, especially with a annual Michael Thomas trip to IR.

Are we sure there is nothing to see here? Lots of questions at WR behind Olave. Really productive last 2 seasons at Wake. Kind of a Marques Colston build. If he makes the team he could easily get an opportunity to produce, especially with a annual Michael Thomas trip to IR.
Their WR room (other than Olave, Thomas and Shaheed) is a funny who's who of WR sleepers of years past: Keke Coutee, James Washington, Bryan Edwards, Trequan Smith, Lynn Bowden. I suppose anything is possible for Perry but the odds are stacked high against him. 6th round pick, will turn 24 this season, was just average relatively speaking for college production* and didn't breakout until age 22.

*I know he had nice raw numbers but if you look at them as a share of the total WF passing offense, it's not as impressive as it looks. WF has been top 10 the last 2 years in passing yards so there's a lot to go around.

Their WR room (other than Olave, Thomas and Shaheed) is a funny who's who of WR sleepers of years past: Keke Coutee, James Washington, Bryan Edwards, Trequan Smith, Lynn Bowden. I suppose anything is possible for Perry but the odds are stacked high against him. 6th round pick, will turn 24 this season, was just average relatively speaking for college production* and didn't breakout until age 22.

*I know he had nice raw numbers but if you look at them as a share of the total WF passing offense, it's not as impressive as it looks. WF has been top 10 the last 2 years in passing yards so there's a lot to go around.

That is such an odd grouping of WRs…if you combined all their careers together it would still be disappointing.

That is such an odd grouping of WRs…if you combined all their careers together it would still be disappointing.
I had 4 of those 5 on my team, possibly at the same time 😅

In redraft I am sure we are all guilty of drafting, dropping, adding, dropping, etc. those guys multiple times over. I like Shaheed but good chance in a year we view him in the same regard.

Gotta believe everyone on this board has owned at least two of them at some point.

Same here. 4 out of 5 only missing Bowden train!!

But reports are MT is healthy, Rasheed is looking good and the crowded TE room makes it unlikely AT will see more than occasional injury spot play

Same here. 4 out of 5 only missing Bowden train!!

But reports are MT is healthy, Rasheed is looking good and the crowded TE room makes it unlikely AT will see more than occasional injury spot play
Hilariously enough the only guy I didn’t roster out of the room is the best one. Rasheed.

Matt Kelley at Rotoworld had a guest on last week RC Fischer from FF Metric and they were discussing his personal WR takes that aligned with Matt’s. Perry was one name heavily mentioned along with Michael Wilson, as two undervalued picks. Also up on Flowers and Reed.

Down on Mingo and QJ

Matt Kelley at Rotoworld had a guest on last week RC Fischer from FF Metric and they were discussing his personal WR takes that aligned with Matt’s. Perry was one name heavily mentioned along with Michael Wilson, as two undervalued picks. Also up on Flowers and Reed.

Down on Mingo and QJ
It was a really really hot take from RC. I think he said Perry and Wilson were the best WRs in the class over even JSN and Flowers and Addison. That's scorching hot.

6'3" (and a half!) And ran a 4.47. Inconsistent hands. Believes he slid because of unnamed character concerns. Zierlein said he was a day 2 prospect. He's a decent route runner and his issues seem fixable. Not crazy to think they got a steal with this kid. He's on my list of darts for a rebuild I'm doing and I'm thrilled to see 70 yards and a touchdown in his first preseason game.

6'3" (and a half!) And ran a 4.47. Inconsistent hands. Believes he slid because of unnamed character concerns. Zierlein said he was a day 2 prospect. He's a decent route runner and his issues seem fixable. Not crazy to think they got a steal with this kid. He's on my list of darts for a rebuild I'm doing and I'm thrilled to see 70 yards and a touchdown in his first preseason game.
The other big knock is he will turn 24 in October and didn't do much if anything in college until he was 21-22. And he was at Wake Forest, not exactly a football powerhouse loaded with 5 star recruits. For a player that big and that athletic, why did it take so long for him to be a playmaker?

The other big knock is he will turn 24 in October and didn't do much if anything in college until he was 21-22. And he was at Wake Forest, not exactly a football powerhouse loaded with 5 star recruits. For a player that big and that athletic, why did it take so long for him to be a playmaker?
Late breakout age doesn't usually bother me for dart throws but in this case he red shirted and didn't get on the field right away as a sophomore but as soon as he got snaps he was a biletnikoff candidate his final two years.

If the question is why didn't he get snaps his first year after red shirting, that's fair. But it's not like he was a one year wonder who only produced as a 24 year old senior.

as someone who drafted ALL of Perry, Flowers and Tank in the same rookie draft... I am super excited, and at the same time super scared.

Drafted him in every league as i liked to the upside. However, dropped em in two leagues thinking he was going to take a while and now he’s been picked up. Good times indeed…

Drafted him in every league as i liked to the upside. However, dropped em in two leagues thinking he was going to take a while and now he’s been picked up. Good times indeed…
Honestly, he still probably will take awhile.
I should clarify. I thought he’d take a while to get up to speed and flash high upside. Now he’s been acquired by other teams and they will likely roster him for the season at the minimum. So while he may take a while(or never) be startable I doubt it’ll be a cheap option for it to be on my team

Perry & Aidan O’Connell stood out at the Shrine Bowl this year, along with a couple defenders who ended up in Detroit. My only disappointment was we discovered his 6’5” college height wasn’t true lol.

A.T. Perry breaks down his ridiculously detailed routes

Cerebral kid, love wide receivers who really understand their craft. Honestly think his understanding of nuance is what sets him apart.
The Saints have found some late gems. Loved what Rashid was able to do last year and this thread has made me take a closer look at Perry. Impressive young man. LOVE hearing a young player with such a mental awareness of what he needs to work on and analyze how he can succeed. Pretty cool…

Yes, there is a flickering light here now with Thomas having got banged up. Wilson, Reed, Perry all have the possibility to have been good picks at their value ( previously mentioned in this thread ). Add in Nacua as well and this years WR class are looking like they might yield some results and not in the most touted of places necessarily

Ugh. He’s on my taxi squad and I really don’t want to have to bring him up prematurely and have to drop someone but considering I have Olave looking like he’s out, Addison & Gabe on bye, Josh Allen on bye in SF spot, along with some others, then it might have to done. Jamo also on taxi and will need to be brought up at end of season anyway, but in a must win fantasy match that I have, the Saints WR room has parted like the Red Sea for Perry and he’d arguably be the safer play

Why didn't he produce more? Who watched this game?

Caught a pass early, they got in the red zone and Carr threw him a corner fade. He was busy blocking the CB bc he thought it was a run play. Got chewed out by coaches when he came off. Ended up 2nd in routes run to Juwann Johnson bc Shaheed got hurt on the first play and Olave was concussed in the 3rd, but they never looked his way again.

Again disappointed.

He and a few other big WRs make me wish I could spam teams with tape of young Plaxico. Lob it! Throw it early and high where only he can leap. Get him going so he'll play typically after. It's just so frustrating to see the average size of CB covering him and why won't they lob it?
Parham had announcers pointing out he had a 5-9 safety covering him and how he's about a foot taller and the Chargers didn't lob it to him either.
I know the game is more complex and they scheme to do this n that BUT for a play here n there ya can't lob it?

You have to (1) be in the right position for a lob and (2) have the team's confidence you'll go up and win that fight.

A.T. Perry was running wrong routes his first game out there and probably doesn't have the second requirement down yet.

These things take time to develop. Teams aren't going to risk an interception lobbing the ball into tight coverage to a guy that hasn't shown he'll be in exactly the right spot unless the team is totally desperate, which the Saints weren't.

He’s an end of the bench stash in dynasty and just one step from league waiver wires. He’s not rosterable in redraft IMO.

He’s an end of the bench stash in dynasty and just one step from league waiver wires. He’s not rosterable in redraft IMO.

Correct. I resisted the temptation to raise him from my taxi squad in dynasty, on a week where I was suffering injuries and bye trouble. Glad I didn’t, has another full season to stay there and develop

Good end to the season for him. I’ve been very critical of Carr this season, however, he has been a lot better of recent and seems like injuries might have been the reason for him being awful. If he deals like that more next year several people can eat. Anyways, Perry looks like he can be a good red zone target and if he can keep improving on other aspects in the off season then he might be worth something going forward.

Olave-Shaheed-Perry next year. Got to think MT is done.

Good end to the season for him. I’ve been very critical of Carr this season, however, he has been a lot better of recent and seems like injuries might have been the reason for him being awful. If he deals like that more next year several people can eat. Anyways, Perry looks like he can be a good red zone target and if he can keep improving on other aspects in the off season then he might be worth something going forward.

Olave-Shaheed-Perry next year. Got to think MT is done.
Seems like every time I look up, he makes a big play. Interesting best ball guy going into next year.

Users who are viewing this thread