What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly writes Allen Robinson "impressed in every facet" at OTAs, "especially in the slot at the goal line."

"The move to the slot appears to be natural for Robinson," Kaboly concludes. Robinson could provide real competition to Pat Freiermuth in the red zone if he lives up to this praise. For now, given the target competition around him, we regard Robinson as more of a stash-and-monitor type than someone you have to spend real capital on in drafts.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jun 18, 2023 at 1:03 PM ET

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly writes Allen Robinson "impressed in every facet" at OTAs, "especially in the slot at the goal line."

"The move to the slot appears to be natural for Robinson," Kaboly concludes. Robinson could provide real competition to Pat Freiermuth in the red zone if he lives up to this praise. For now, given the target competition around him, we regard Robinson as more of a stash-and-monitor type than someone you have to spend real capital on in drafts.
Yeah, he‘s generated tons of love in the last two preseasons, and look how those turned out. I’ma gunna let someone else buy the hype this year.

Yeah, he‘s generated tons of love in the last two preseasons, and look how those turned out. I’ma gunna let someone else buy the hype this year.

I'm not sure anyone else is buying either...the guy has looked absolutely awful the last two years with a good QB and with no other competition in some cases

I'm not sure anyone else is buying either...the guy has looked absolutely awful the last two years with a good QB and with no other competition in some cases
Always meant to watch him more closely. I think he must have something the D does that shuts him down or takes him off his game etc. It about reads like that, just never spent the time to see

Always meant to watch him more closely. I think he must have something the D does that shuts him down or takes him off his game etc. It about reads like that, just never spent the time to see
From what Ive seen Robinson doesnt get a lot of separation from whoever is covering him so he needs good target placement from the QB and trust to make contested catches. Something he hasnt been getting from the Bears QBs.

This might explain why the Steelers are talking about using him in the slot, where the 2 way go is more available for him to box out the defender, and an easier throw for the QB than trying to get it over the top of the defender on the outside.

Allen Robinson caught 5-of-8 targets for 64 yards in the Steelers’ Week 1 loss to the 49ers.

Robinson was the only player to benefit from the Steelers’ comeback game script, with his eight targets and 64 yards both exceeding his 2022 season highs. Not that it was a winning fantasy statline. It is still worth taking note of, as Robinson’s big day came as Diontae Johnson missed most of the second half with a hamstring injury. Robinson could be an every-snap player in Week 2 against the Browns.

- Rotoworld

D. Johnson just put on IR.

Seems like nobody is biting on Robinson.

Matchups @LV, @HOU, BALT, Bye next four weeks while D. Johnson is out.

Could do worse for bench depth.

Tinkering with idea of dropping CLE D for him now with Aiyuk injury status up in the air.

I need 14 from him tonight to win. Tall order but he looked to make a connection with Pickett last week. Very long shot but it's all I got.

Steelers released WR Allen Robinson.
It’s been a forgettable few years for Robinson, who has managed just 105 receptions for 1,029 yards and four touchdowns over his last three seasons. The move saves the Steelers $10 million of cap space, as Allen is now once again looking for a new home for the third consecutive season. Set to turn 31 in late August, Robinson spent the prime years of his career trying to make the most of having Blake Bortles and Mitch Trubisky at quarterback. He caught 34 passes for 280 scoreless yards last season and appears to be heading into the twilight years of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread