What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

I'm good with the exempt list for these types of allegations as that is sop for many other professions and allows for employees(players) to still be paid while the investigation continues.

Police involved in shootings are put on paid leave pending.  Teachers accuse of sexual misconduct are put on paid leave pending. Imo, it is prudent for the league to put players on leave with pay pending.
You can't compare the NFL to any other, rational organization who follows the same protocol every time.

The other thing I forget to mention is it's possible that both sides feel that their story is true. In Brown's eyes, he could fully believe they had an on again, off again relationship and she consented to things all along over a year or two period. In her mind, she could have felt that the last incident went way over the line and now is depressed and traumatized. So to me, the fact that the suit says she took a polygraph that says she is telling the truth doesn't mean a whole lot. If AB took a polygraph and he was asked if he assaulted her, in his mind he could be answering truthfully that he didn't do anything wrong. So his polygraph could also show he was telling the truth. In either case, the issue will be whether a crime was committed and how can it be proven.

You're looking at this in hindsight.  Before the fiasco last week in Oakland, most people had no idea that his guaranteed money in Oakland wasn't actually guaranteed yet.  Pretending like the timing of this makes it all about money is just trying to blame the alleged victim.  Brown has made over $66M in his NFL career, before his NE contract.  There's absolutely NO logic in arguing that she just filed this suit now because he suddenly came into money.  He had money when he events allegedly occurred, EVERYONE assumed he had a lot of guaranteed money from Oakland (several podcasts last week with former players said that AB didn't even know his guaranteed money wasn't actually guaranteed until last weeks' events), and he has money now.  You're making a non-factual argument.
See post immediately below this one.  Not saying its just a money issue.  Strike while the crazy iron is hot, IMO.

Antonio Brown's former trainer Britney Taylor - who filed a sexual assault lawsuit against her former client Tuesday - is willing and planning to meet with the NFL next week, which is as soon as she can, sources tell ESPN. First, Taylor is getting married.

Fair game to link to an good summary article that gives a lot of detail, but also gives the accuser's identity? I've not seen her name in this thread yet, and I'm not sure what flies in a situation like this.

Her public-record statements related to the civil case have been linked in this thread, yes? Is her name in those statements?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/sports/2019/09/britney-taylor/amp/
Well, all rightey then.

Not the same article, but much of the same info is there in your link. 

Does anyone here think the accuser's actions following the third incident will have any bearing on the case?  There are reports of her posting pictures to IG with her and AB and also reports she asked for tickets to Steeler games after the incident as well.

For me, if I'm that traumatized from an incident, I'm not purposefully reaching out to the person that caused the trauma for favors.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1171801622374166534?s=20

The Patriots still haven't issued a number to Antonio Brown; it's fair at this point to wonder whether they ever will.
To be fair, Brown wanted #84. By rule, a player is not supposed to be able to change numbers once the season has started. Ben Watson has #84 but hasn't played (suspended) and NE is likely asking for an exception to get Brown #84 and Watson another number Exceptions have been made in cases where a player was traded. Brown wasn't traded, so it's unclear if Brown could just get #84 from Watson as a free agent signing. IMO, not issuing Brown a number has nothing to do with any speculation that NE won't be keeping Brown.

jesus... The comments under that Schefter post. "Someone's gotta pay for the wedding"

Is this really society now? Jesus. 

Antonio Brown's former trainer Britney Taylor ...
Why was the house being coy with her name until five minutes ago?

Even on local news radio during the morning drive, she wasn't named. But shortly after, one of the local papers uploaded a story this morning naming Taylor.

Fair game to link to an good summary article that gives a lot of detail, but also gives the accuser's identity? I've not seen her name in this thread yet, and I'm not sure what flies in a situation like this.

Her public-record statements related to the civil case have been linked in this thread, yes? Is her name in those statements?
https://twitter.com/Steel_Curtain4/status/1171797102445367297?s=20

Britney Taylor says she has passed a lie detector test in regards to Antonio Brown rape allegations. #NFL

I will try an get one of the better links that breaks down a real timeline among other things because it actually seems quite conclusive   One note that isn't too hard to find is proof that does admit they had sexual relations   So needlessly to say things went down

jesus... The comments under that Schefter post. "Someone's gotta pay for the wedding"

Is this really society now? Jesus. 
Yes, it is. The worst of it gets amplified by people with deeply problematic views about a whole host of things. Things that used to be unsaid are no longer unsaid, and it divides us further. It used to be that there was unspoken approbation about saying wicked things like that in public, but alas, it seems no longer to be the case. 

Why was the house being coy with her name until five minutes ago?

Even on local news radio during the morning drive, she wasn't named. But shortly after, one of the local papers uploaded a story this morning naming Taylor.
She is named in the court filing and in the initial NYT story. No one has tried to keep her anonymous.

Sorry, thought you were askimg for info, didn't see you were asking to post the info.  My bad.
In retrospect, I should've "@"ed Joe Bryant or one of the mods. I guess outing her at this point is fair game, as her name is now public information and being relayed by legit news websites (e.g. local newspaper site, etc.).

Would it have been out of bounds to have outed her last night (I ask the house rhetorically)?

Conspiracy time:

Steelers kept on lid on their trainer accusation while he was there and then traded to Oak.  Bellichek orchestrated AB's release from Oak.  Steelers got pissed about 
AB going to the Pat's and took the lid off the rape accusation.

AB's antics all a show to get what he wanted.
Interesting theory and sad if true. 

Personally think everyone would be best to keep their Jump to Conclusions mat in the back of the closet under the pogs and Magic the Gathering cards before declaring guilt or innocence. 

Nassar involved impressionable teens/young women trying to get to the pinnacle of their sport.  This Taylor woman doesn't exactly fit that profile.

I mean, on one occasion, she willingly met Brown and his buddies at a strip club.  Arrived by herself but then ended up back at Brown's place.  Most likely just looking to review some training exercises they were working on.  She knew what she was doing and, most likely, pissed that he never gave her $1.6M for some bogus investment so...here we are.
It's interesting to me that you take Antonio Brown's released statement as a set of irrefutable facts and her filed lawsuit as something else.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/09/antonio-brown-accused-of-sexual-assault?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sportstw&utm_source=twitter.com

This one looks okay   I'm not sure it mentions the request for monies to invest   But the request itself is made at a much later date  

10-4. seems like a me first guy anyways in the sports world and if he didn't have social media he would have a lot less problems.   I never thought of him as a "bad" (in the prison sort of way) guy I guess.
Yeah I was more so saying this guy is a me first guy thinks he's entitled. I have a friend in the music/entertainment industry (Wrote the theme song to the show Empire on Fox) who's hung out with the likes of Tyrese Gibson and the Fast and Furious Crew and people like Meek Mill and others. Theres a lot of people in the industry that are just so entitled. He use to like Beyounce and Jay Z until meeting them and seeing how they are off camera and hearing others give similar stories to what he saw. I also got to know Anthony Becth after I went to School with his sister and help out at his summer football camp so I've met a ton of players and coaches. You can just tell from the signs which players are fakes and who's real. AB is just all about himself. I'd honestly take TO's BS on the Eagles back in his prime then ever take AB84. Just the way AB acts is why I'm saying I'm not surprised in the least on these charges. 

I will try an get one of the better links that breaks down a real timeline among other things because it actually seems quite conclusive   One note that isn't too hard to find is proof that does admit they had sexual relations   So needlessly to say things went down
One thing I found interesting, too, is that she basically worked as Antonio Brown's unofficial personal assistant at times. I didn't see that in the Heavy.com article, but it's mentioned in an article at the New Orleans Advocate's website (our major paper after recent merger with the long-standing Times-Picayune).

Conspiracy time:

Steelers kept on lid on their trainer accusation while he was there and then traded to Oak.  Bellichek orchestrated AB's release from Oak.  Steelers got pissed about 
AB going to the Pat's and took the lid off the rape accusation.

AB's antics all a show to get what he wanted.
This actually isnt a bad theory. peoppe wonder why now... its possible a nudge from PIT occurred. I wouldnt be surprised after they went to great lengths to make sure he didnt end up a patriot. 

She is named in the court filing and in the initial NYT story. No one has tried to keep her anonymous.
Outside of this thread, her name was seemingly being withheld as of 7:30 CDT this morning. Local news radio station WWL read off an article about "Former LSU gymnast accuses Antonio Brown ..." as opposed to "Former LSU gymnast Britney Taylor accuses Antonio Brown ..."

Does anyone here think the accuser's actions following the third incident will have any bearing on the case?  There are reports of her posting pictures to IG with her and AB and also reports she asked for tickets to Steeler games after the incident as well.

For me, if I'm that traumatized from an incident, I'm not purposefully reaching out to the person that caused the trauma for favors.
She's a trainer who owns a gym.  I can't imagine she has any more famous clients than Antonio Brown.  It doesn't move the needle for me at all one way or the other as far as whether she was compartmentalizing trauma and still trying to promote her business (by, for instance, taking a prospective client or business partner to a game) or if they were consensual partners and she's not being fully forthcoming now.  Too many variables until we get more information.

Interesting theory and sad if true. 

Personally think everyone would be best to keep their Jump to Conclusions mat in the back of the closet under the pogs and Magic the Gathering cards before declaring guilt or innocence. 
Here's the problem. It doesn't sound like the police were ever contacted. AB is not even being investigated by law enforcement and this stuff is a year or two old.  He can't be found guilty of anything . . . there is no formal complaint and he is not even under investigation. Even if he lost the civil suit, he has not been charged with a crime and would not have a record. He would have a judgment against him in civil court which would not be held against him as a criminal decision. The league might not care about any of that, but by legal definition, at the moment Brown has to be considered legally innocent . . . no charges have been pursued or filed.

One thing I found interesting, too, is that she basically worked as Antonio Brown's unofficial personal assistant at times. I didn't see that in the Heavy.com article, but it's mentioned in an article at the New Orleans Advocate's website (our major paper after recent merger with the long-standing Times-Picayune).
Yeah, it is pretty much the only reason they had actual contact Personally I believe she has and or had feelings w/ the monies for work just filling a need It really just sounds like she may have been too forgiving Maybe her feelings outweighed the facts He is married People make poor choices We should forgive etc. Then old dude slams her on the bed

It's interesting to me that you take Antonio Brown's released statement as a set of irrefutable facts and her filed lawsuit as something else.
I see purported facts from both sides and find alot of it ridiculous.  No one, but those two, actually knows what happened behind closed doors.  I do know she put herself in very precarious situations, and her actions during and after are head scratching.  I'm not saying she's wrong or Brown is innocent.  Quite frankly, I couldn't care less.

Here's the problem. It doesn't sound like the police were ever contacted. AB is not even being investigated by law enforcement and this stuff is a year or two old.  He can't be found guilty of anything . . . there is no formal complaint and he is not even under investigation. Even if he lost the civil suit, he has not been charged with a crime and would not have a record. He would have a judgment against him in civil court which would not be held against him as a criminal decision. The league might not care about any of that, but by legal definition, at the moment Brown has to be considered legally innocent . . . no charges have been pursued or filed.
I believe the statute of limitations on rape are incredibly long to the point of virtually non-existent.  There could still be a criminal charge.

I've known tons of quiet, religious young women who were very forgiving.  None of them would have kept coming around somebody that had ejactulated on their back while they were watching something religious on their ipad.
I don't know much about the whole Jesus thing, but didn't he spend more time ministering to those in desperate need of help than among those already on the path.  Might this young woman have resonated to an appeal that he is truly sorry and he needs her forgiveness, that he has lost his way since the days they knew each other and with her help he can get back on the path.  some folks like being the rescuer of others. 

I do acknowledge that this is all speculation for me.  I know very few of the type she purports to be and none of that type who have also been ejaculated upon in unwelcomed fashion while watching a service.  We are in uncharted territory here.  Off the maps so to speak.  In the unchartered area which use to only be designated with the warning "There be Monsters Here!"area

I believe the statute of limitations on rape are incredibly long to the point of virtually non-existent.  There could still be a criminal charge.
I agree, which is why I said at the moment. Even so, so much has transpired since any of these alleged incidents happened that it would be very difficult to build a case around. Maybe she has more to bring to the table to prove her case. But as discussed many pages ago, a more traditional approach would have been to file a police report, get a rape kit, open a case, and have the police investigate . . . all at the time of the incident. I understand that people report when they report and it may not be right after an incident. But it makes it harder to prove a year or two after the fact.

What about claims that are preceded by trying to extort money from the accused?
I would guess that those claims are far less likely to be true. I also think that those cases are rare, but that is my opinion and have not seen any research about that specific set of circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see purported facts from both sides and find alot of it ridiculous.  No one, but those two, actually knows what happened behind closed doors.  I do know she put herself in very precarious situations, and her actions during and after are head scratching.  I'm not saying she's wrong or Brown is innocent.  Quite frankly, I couldn't care less.
All of this from your post is from Brown's released statement (or at least some interpretations you pulled from his released statement).

I mean, on one occasion, she willingly met Brown and his buddies at a strip club.  Arrived by herself but then ended up back at Brown's place.  Most likely just looking to review some training exercises they were working on.  She knew what she was doing and, most likely, pissed that he never gave her $1.6M for some bogus investment
Regardless, she allegedly has documentation of what he and she said to each other during their time communicating - including her willingness to return to work for him only on certain conditions.  That will likely be a turning point of the case.

She went to her church and spoke up   She was given guidance by what I will refer to as law enforcement and/or judicial type folks   

U guys wanna think about reading up on this a bit more?   Wasting a lot of messages here it seems

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/09/antonio-brown-accused-of-sexual-assault?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sportstw&utm_source=twitter.com

This one looks okay   I'm not sure it mentions the request for monies to invest   But the request itself is made at a much later date  
Might as well post the article I was talking about since I've been chirping so much:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_d35872e8-d43b-11e9-8fb3-e71d8bfae8a1.html

The part that stood out to me. Their relationship seems complicated:

Taylor said Brown apologized to her in March 2018, and that she agreed to work with him again on the condition that he “stop flirting with her.” Aside from training him, she was handling his schedule, booking his flights and occasionally babysitting his children when she drove him and another unidentified NFL player home after a night of clubbing in May [2018].
The newspaper, later in the article, addresses the anonymity issue:

The Advocate doesn’t typically identify sexual abuse victims. But Taylor’s lawsuit and media stories on her case included her identity, and she issued a public statement through her attorney, David Haas, with her name attached to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, which is why I said at the moment. Even so, so much has transpired since any of these alleged incidents happened that it would be very difficult to build a case around. Maybe she has more to bring to the table to prove her case. But as discussed many pages ago, a more traditional approach would have been to file a police report, get a rape kit, open a case, and have the police investigate . . . all at the time of the incident. I understand that people report when they report and it may not be right after an incident. But it makes it harder to prove a year or two after the fact.
Agreed.  Didn't read the whole thread, so my apologies.  

She went to her church and spoke up   She was given guidance by what I will refer to as law enforcement and/or judicial type folks   

U guys wanna think about reading up on this a bit more?   Wasting a lot of messages here it seems
Can I get a link on this? I don't doubt you nor do I have a side but the media #### coming out right now is all over the place and I'm trying to get this under wraps. 

Users who are viewing this thread