What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (6 Viewers)

I think the same people thinking that AB won't get resigned in a heartbeat were saying the same thing about Hunt.  The guy is one of the best WR's in the league.  Only hurdle is going to be his contract demands.
I hope he signs elsewhere (this is all just too good and it probably doesnt stop) and I think he will have every opportunity. you're right, it depends on money. I'm not sure his ego can handle making less than he was going to in Oakland, and I'm not sure many teams would be willing to pay it unless it came with an even worse poison pill

Brown to the Detroit Lions..you heard it here first. Brown went to college in Michigan. Stafford needs a big play guy, Lions have the space. Patricia is used to retreads from his NE days. Lets get this done!!
He's from Miami. It would make more sense for him to play for a Florida team than go back to Michigan.

Put me in the camp that believes that bill knows what kind of organization Pittsburgh is and what kind of Coach Tomlin is. and if they were unwilling and or unable to deal with Antonio Brown I highly doubt New England would want to either.

Patriots arent even an option for me

I heard an interview with AB from earlier in the year today where he essentially said he doesn't need the money and could walk away. If that is true, then he certainly could afford to take a one year, incentive laden prove it deal somewhere with a contender.

I think the same people thinking that AB won't get resigned in a heartbeat were saying the same thing about Hunt.  The guy is one of the best WR's in the league.  Only hurdle is going to be his contract demands.
I think this is completely different. Although we may not agree, teams are willing to give players a "second chance" for their off the field behavior (as long as it's not illegal). Disruptive team behavior is different.

Put me in the camp that believes that bill knows what kind of organization Pittsburgh is and what kind of Coach Tomlin is. and if they were unwilling and or unable to deal with Antonio Brown I highly doubt New England would want to either.

You can say the same thing about Gordon and the Browns FO and coaching staff. He didn’t respect them because they weren’t leaders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard an interview with AB from earlier in the year today where he essentially said he doesn't need the money and could walk away. If that is true, then he certainly could afford to take a one year, incentive laden prove it deal somewhere with a contender.
Oh well if that what what he says than I totally believe him. 

:mellow:

Well, we only know the part of the conversation that AB used in his movie. What if there were other parts of that conversation we haven't heard yet? Maybe playing a little "good cop" and joining in the Mayock bashing to get AB to shut up and play football.
It’s possible sure. 

I think this is completely different. Although we may not agree, teams are willing to give players a "second chance" for their off the field behavior (as long as it's not illegal). Disruptive team behavior is different.
To a degree, but Hunt was on video assaulting a woman at the height of the MeToo movement (PR headache) and he got resigned in a hurry.    Players with off the field issues are also on a short leash with the league.   Regardless, if you're an elite player, you'll find a home in a hurry if you want one.   

Why do people keep suggesting this? There are people out there who think Bill mothereffing Belichick is going to coddle this guys fragile ego???? :lmao:  
Ok so as for my comment specifically, it was 100% schtick because this ####show is hilarious to me. I would of course be shocked if he became a Patriot. And then I'd subsequently tell myself I should have seen it coming. And to be clear, I also would suck a #### for $30 million.

He's from Miami. It would make more sense for him to play for a Florida team than go back to Michigan.
They practice and play indoors.  Brown won`t get cold.   Plus the Lions never take chances on malcontents, the time is now be bring one in.

Dear Joe Douglass:

I know you lurk these parts just to see what we are all thinking. Just want to say I'm very happy we finally have a competent steward for our god forsaken cursed franchise. You are going to do a great job as our GM...supremely confident of this.

Here's a request from a long time Jet fan from the days of Al Woddall and Clark Gaines saying to PLEASE break out the cell phone and just have a chat with Rosenhaus and see what's up. Not asking for more than that. When you have the Michael Jordan or Kobi Bryant of WR's available and that's a bigtime need for the team, sure he may be a head case you still need to at least have a conversation. 

Thanks for taking my advice  JD...your the man. Let us know how it goes hoss!

Sincerely,

Jet fans who want's to see a Super Bowl before they die!!

Anarchy, what’s the sense you get about a fit in New England?
I already mentioned some of this pages ago. BB will kick the tires on an elite talent. He will take chances. More importantly, his job isn't on the line and BB has teflon and if this blew up and didn't work out no one would care.

But they almost certainly would offer Brown a low ball salary, a one year deal, little to no guaranteed money, and a ton of incentives. IMO, NE would want AB but AB probably won't want the Patriots . . . at least not 24 hours from his release. If AB is serious about winning then maybe he will consider such an offer. But if he is looking for big money, guaranteed money, or a long-term contract he's not getting it from the Patriots. The Patriots would structure the contract that they don't lose anything if he is an issue and cut him. And if things worked out they could be in line for a compensatory pick if he made it through the year. There is definitely a path where AB ends up on the Patriots.

That being said, only he can tell how this would impact the locker room. He usually doesn't bring someone in for way more than his long time players have been getting paid. The most recent exception was Gilmore. If BB feels like he would be ruffling a lot of feathers he probably would pass.

But make no mistake, BB would tell Rosenhaus here is their ironclad offer, take it or leave it, and he would not even listen to their side and their demands. Given that Brown is not on the Opening Day roster, his salary would not be guaranteed and they would only have to pay him week to week. They could set up a contract with very little financial risk to the team. As soon as he acted up they could release him. But like I said, there will likely be a team that offers a lot more money that would likely let Brown act like a clown and get away with it.

I hope you’re right.  Otherwise, I’m not sure how I explain to my kids that they need to be people of their word and honor their agreements.  

“So all I have to do is act like a spoiled, psychotic baby and I get my way?  Nice!”
Are your kids going to be the very best on the world at what they do? No? Then they don’t have to worry about it. 

AngryNFLScoutVet‏ @angryscout2

Don’t know if anyone has said this but I’ll go ahead and confirm. Antonio Brown is bipolar. It’s documented and all 32 teams had it. That is an issue that I don’t ever want to deal with because sometimes players won’t take their meds. It’s clear he isn’t on his meds now.

7:48 AM - 7 Sep 2019

----------------------------------

I did not know he was bipolar and that his condition is/was known by every team.

This can be a very serious mental condition.

If you've known anyone who has had this and how they have acted out then it all makes sense.

This is sad.
Brandon Marshall should talk to brown.  He seemed to get a handle on it.

New England had no problem signing Lagarette Blount after his antics got him cut from The Steelers...

New England would be my second pick of most probable. I can totally see BB and Brady......on a conference call with Brown as I type this laying it all out. 

Would not shock me. 

You want rings? Let’s go.

I already mentioned some of this pages ago. BB will kick the tires on an elite talent. He will take chances. More importantly, his job isn't on the line and BB has teflon and if this blew up and didn't work out no one would care.

But they almost certainly would offer Brown a low ball salary, a one year deal, little to no guaranteed money, and a ton of incentives. IMO, NE would want AB but AB probably won't want the Patriots . . . at least not 24 hours from his release. If AB is serious about winning then maybe he will consider such an offer. But if he is looking for big money, guaranteed money, or a long-term contract he's not getting it from the Patriots. The Patriots would structure the contract that they don't lose anything if he is an issue and cut him. And if things worked out they could be in line for a compensatory pick if he made it through the year. There is definitely a path where AB ends up on the Patriots.

That being said, only he can tell how this would impact the locker room. He usually doesn't bring someone in for way more than his long time players have been getting paid. The most recent exception was Gilmore. If BB feels like he would be ruffling a lot of feathers he probably would pass.

But make no mistake, BB would tell Rosenhaus here is their ironclad offer, take it or leave it, and he would not even listen to their side and their demands. Given that Brown is not on the Opening Day roster, his salary would not be guaranteed and they would only have to pay him week to week. They could set up a contract with very little financial risk to the team. As soon as he acted up they could release him. But like I said, there will likely be a team that offers a lot more money that would likely let Brown act like a clown and get away with it.
Thanks for the insight. I remember Belichick having high praise for him a few years ago when AB torched the Patriots in Foxboro. He will always kick the tire an an elite talent like you said but it would be at very minimal risk to the team. Bill always wants an edge, and this year it will be getting back to the Super Bowl by beating the Chiefs again.

Last edited by a moderator:
New England would be my second pick of most probable. I can totally see BB and Brady......on a conference call with Brown as I type this laying it all out. 

Would not shock me. 

You want rings? Let’s go.
IMO, the last person NE would want on a conference call would be AB. It would probably be BB and one of the Krafts, and maybe Brady, talking to only Rosenhaus. I honestly think they don't want to hear a word coming out of Brown's mouth. The team would put their offer in without even bringing up or expressing their concerns in the conference call. That would already be accounted for in their offer. They would hang up and tell Rosenhaus to confer with his client and tell Rosenhaus to let them know. The whole thing could easily go down without anyone from NE speaking directly to Brown.

If he can get past the crazy part to actually get a contract I bet he goes somewhere where he can play the Raiders.....then Vontaze Burfict will end him with 1 hit....he will then be sipping his Hennessey out of sippy cup while eating a side of mushed carrots....I would honestly fear for his safety. 

Agree with your take about NE.  What better way to try to rehab this crazy look than to catch passes from Brady and getting SB exposure?  That being said...not sure I’d want to introduce this nut job into the locker room with our young WRs, Harry, Meyers, etc.

How bout the Giants?   They have the need   AB wouldn't appear to be the one hoping to throw his QB/ team "under the bus"   What's the cost really?

y

If he can get past the crazy part to actually get a contract I bet he goes somewhere where he can play the Raiders.....then Vontaze Burfict will end him with 1 hit....he will then be sipping his Hennessey out of sippy cup while eating a side of mushed carrots....I would honestly fear for his safety. 
I don't think he really has it in for the Raiders. IMO, he has it in for the Steelers. I think he actually liked Gruden. It's Mayock that he didn't love.

Users who are viewing this thread