What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Calvin Ridley, TEN (2 Viewers)

I think people forget Ridley excelled in Atlanta without Julio when he got the chance, albeit, not over the long haul.
Why did the Falcons and Jags let him walk?
I don’t think you can say the Falcons let Ridley walk considering what happened. And the Jags were trying to sign him.

Why did the Titans let AJB walk? Studs move on from teams, too.

I think people forget Ridley excelled in Atlanta without Julio when he got the chance, albeit, not over the long haul.
I don’t think you can say the Falcons let Ridley walk considering what happened. And the Jags were trying to sign him.

Insanely big ego overconfidence from prior GM turned him from very good to poo.
He thought he was getting the goods on the Eagles by selecting Burks

Insanely big ego overconfidence from prior GM turned him from very good to poo.
He thought he was getting the goods on the Eagles by selecting Burks
Was this Arthur Smith?

I can see a world where Ridley DHop Pollard Spears Chig Burks have some good games.
I think Hopkins has a roster bonus of about $4.4M tomorrow. It would not be surprise me if he was not on the team by this time tomorrow or for the Titans just pick up the bonus and move him later knowing they can get more because they paid some of his salary. I am NOT reading or hearing this anywhere, just a new regime in and perhaps with Ridley they don't want to commit all that money to a 32 and 29 year old WR especially when the 32 year old WR is just down to a year left. Hopkins, may not be in the position he signed up fan and would welcome a change.

Again I'm just speculating, just makes sense to me in terms of what could transpire. Just a lot of financial committment to two older WR's in what looks like a rebuild.
I'm not sure I see a rebuild in Tennessee. If you are rebuilding, do you sign an 8 million dollar RB, and a 29 year old WR for 23 million? I think they want 2 proven vets to help Levis develop.

I think the Titans think they can win the division or at least sneak a wildcard. 9 and 10 wins have won it the last 2 seasons, and the Titans had 2 overtime divisional losses last year.

Personally, I think the Texans are moving upward, but I don't see the Titans as all that different than the Jags or Colts, and they honestly are probably better than both if Levis pans out.

Hopkins>Ridley is how I'm approaching the Titans WRs in fantasy.
Historically that's a no-brainer, but with the huge bag the Titans threw at Ridley, I'm not so sure they see it that way. This will probably be among the more hotly debated topics through the summer.

Not surprised he isn't drawing more interest, he really needed to ball out more than he did last year. Once the Jaguars signed Gabe Davis, you knew Calvin Ridley wasn't coming back to Jacksonville. For any other WR, 76 / 1036 / 8 TD in 17 games would be great. But for a WR of Ridley's age and history, the bar is higher.

He is about a year younger than Mike Evans and people view that guy as ancient. Like most GMs, I surmise the don't want to sign him through his early 30s and end up paying an extravagant amount for 60 / 850 / 6 TD when he inevitably declines in the next couple years. He is not somebody I would trust giving the bag to and there are at least half a dozen WR in the draft that I feel have the same upside as this cat. Prepare to be humbled young man.
Ummmmmm, OK :ponder:

I'm just saying they're paying Christian Kirk $14,500,000 this year and $15,500,000 next year. They just signed Gabe Davis on a 3-year $39,000,000 contract. They're already committed at least $27,500,000 to just those two WR for 2024. Ridley will want as much as Gabe Davis got, right?

So they're gonna pay $40,000,000 a year for these 3 WR, in a loaded WR draft class, and give up a 3rd Round pick to do it? I guess they could but it defies any conventional logic that I know of, unless I am mistaken:

I was more referring to the comments of:

-People viewing Mike Evan as "ancient". The just hit age 30 is always a concern, but he has a couple good years left. Feel the same about Keenan Allen, even though they are totally different kind of receivers. Age 30 isn't a death sentence these days. Plus, basically sitting out for two years decreased wear and tear some.

-Saying Ridley needed to ball out more. He had a pretty nice year overall, considering how he was used. A couple of big drops on long TDs hurt a lot, but first year in new system after a year and a half out of the game wasn't bad. Expectations were a bit over the top right before the season started.

Hope he doesn't go to the Patriots because of the QB situation or lack of one currently. Would get a lot of targets, but not great quality ones IMO

I feel you, I'm just thinking like an NFL GM. The guy stepped away from football (quit on his team if you are a pessimist), then got suspended for gambling. He comes back and it takes him 17 games to get 1,000 yards. If you take away him quitting and the suspension, you can stomach his age, but an aging WR with character issues who failed to hit a common 1,000 yard mark barometer is going to scare away many GMs who would rather hitch their wagon to somebody else. Somebody like Gabe Davis for instance.

Evans is healthy, didn't quit, and is the Buccaneers' franchise guy. I call him old because people laugh at me when I try to offer him in dynasty. I've seen Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, etc ball out into their 30s. But those guys are all closer to Mike Evans than they are Calvin Ridley.

Calvin Ridley is much closer to being Tampa Mike Williams than those guys.
Ridley is already more than a 1 year wonder. So your comparisons don't make any sense.

Your posts seem way off to me.

Also, as chronicled in here quite a bit the last few days, if Jags resigned him too soon the pick they traded for him went from a 3rd to a 2nd.
While undoubtedly relevant, I just don’t think the Jags were in the ballpark financially, especially after signing Davis.

To me he was priced out of the Jags reach. If he were in the ~20M guaranteed, I’d bet they’d eat that pick.

But that’s all speculation.
The Jaguars used him like he was Gabe Davis so they didn't know what they had in Ridley or how to get the most out of him anyways.

Not surprised he isn't drawing more interest, he really needed to ball out more than he did last year. Once the Jaguars signed Gabe Davis, you knew Calvin Ridley wasn't coming back to Jacksonville. For any other WR, 76 / 1036 / 8 TD in 17 games would be great. But for a WR of Ridley's age and history, the bar is higher.

He is about a year younger than Mike Evans and people view that guy as ancient. Like most GMs, I surmise the don't want to sign him through his early 30s and end up paying an extravagant amount for 60 / 850 / 6 TD when he inevitably declines in the next couple years. He is not somebody I would trust giving the bag to and there are at least half a dozen WR in the draft that I feel have the same upside as this cat. Prepare to be humbled young man.

I'm just saying they're paying Christian Kirk $14,500,000 this year and $15,500,000 next year. They just signed Gabe Davis on a 3-year $39,000,000 contract. They're already committed at least $27,500,000 to just those two WR for 2024. Ridley will want as much as Gabe Davis got, right?

So they're gonna pay $40,000,000 a year for these 3 WR, in a loaded WR draft class, and give up a 3rd Round pick to do it? I guess they could but it defies any conventional logic that I know of, unless I am mistaken:

-People viewing Mike Evan as "ancient". The just hit age 30 is always a concern, but he has a couple good years left. Feel the same about Keenan Allen, even though they are totally different kind of receivers. Age 30 isn't a death sentence these days. Plus, basically sitting out for two years decreased wear and tear some.

-Saying Ridley needed to ball out more. He had a pretty nice year overall, considering how he was used. A couple of big drops on long TDs hurt a lot, but first year in new system after a year and a half out of the game wasn't bad. Expectations were a bit over the top right before the season started.

Hope he doesn't go to the Patriots because of the QB situation or lack of one currently. Would get a lot of targets, but not great quality ones IMO

I feel you, I'm just thinking like an NFL GM. The guy stepped away from football (quit on his team if you are a pessimist), then got suspended for gambling. He comes back and it takes him 17 games to get 1,000 yards. If you take away him quitting and the suspension, you can stomach his age, but an aging WR with character issues who failed to hit a common 1,000 yard mark barometer is going to scare away many GMs who would rather hitch their wagon to somebody else. Somebody like Gabe Davis for instance.

Evans is healthy, didn't quit, and is the Buccaneers' franchise guy. I call him old because people laugh at me when I try to offer him in dynasty. I've seen Reggie Wayne, Hines Ward, Larry Fitzgerald, etc ball out into their 30s. But those guys are all closer to Mike Evans than they are Calvin Ridley.

Ridley is already more than a 1 year wonder. So your comparisons don't make any sense.

Man, it's actually such a good comparison. Tampa Mike in college played seven games in 2009, he caught 49 balls for 746 yards and seven touchdowns but quit the team due to a possible suspension after he violated team rules following a car accident.

Similar to Ridley quitting on his team. Both having off the field baggage. Ridley was suspended by the league in 2022, Williams was suspended by the league in 2015.

Tampa Mike played 5 seasons, 63 games and his stats were:

223 receptions / 3,089 yards / 26TD

Ridley played 5 seasons, 66 games and his stats are:

324 receptions / 4,358 yards / 36TD

Mike Evans who is a year older than Ridley has played 10 seasons and his stats are:

726 receptions / 11,680 yards / 94 TD

So again, Calvin Ridley is much closer to Tampa Mike Williams than those other guys who were more productive with no offense field issues (Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, etc). It's nothing profound but I don't think it's even a hot take.

Both had off the field issues, Williams issues ended his career but Ridley's did not. Tampa Mike didn't finish either his 4th or 5th season and if he did, his stats relative to Ridley would have been eerrily similar. Plus they played in different eras.

As far as Tampa Mike only having one good year, that's just patently false. He had two good years that you could argue were both better than Ridley's season last year:

Mike Williams 2010: 65 / 964 / 11TD
Mike Williams 2012: 63 / 996 / 9TD
Calvin Ridley 2023: 76 / 1010 / 8TD

Except Ridley had 17 games to do it. If you prorate Ridley's number over 16 games, his stats become:

76 / 950 / 8TD

So essentially, Ridley last year was statistically the same as the two-year wonder Tampa Mike. Actually, Tampa Mike's good seasons were better than Ridley from last year. Tampa Mike had more yards on less catches with more TDs than Ridley.

I don't know if you can find a better comparison than Tampa Mike based on situation and production, but hey, I'm not here to twist your arm, but if Tampa Mike had played 17 games those years his stats would have been much better than 2023 Ridley and their 5 year aggregate stats would be even closer than they are now. In fact, if you account for the extra game Ridley played last year, then he only has 1 season where he had more yards than Tampa Mike (2020, 1,375) after prorating to 16 games.

Otherwise Tampa Mike's 964 (2010) and 996 (2012) yardage wise are greater than every other season Ridley has played.

Not a perfect comparison, but I task you to give me a better one.

Last edited:

Man, it's actually such a good comparison. Tampa Mike in college played seven games in 2009, he caught 49 balls for 746 yards and seven touchdowns but quit the team due to a possible suspension after he violated team rules following a car accident.

Similar to Ridley quitting on his team. Both having off the field baggage. Ridley was suspended by the league in 2022, Williams was suspended by the league in 2015.

Mike Evans who is a year older than Ridley has played 10 seasons and his stats are:

So again, Calvin Ridley is much closer to Tampa Mike Williams than those other guys who were more productive with no offense field issues (Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Hines Ward, etc). It's nothing profound but I don't think it's even a hot take.

Both had off the field issues, Williams issues ended his career but Ridley's did not. Tampa Mike didn't finish either his 4th or 5th season and if he did, his stats relative to Ridley would have been eerrily similar. Plus they played in different eras.

As far as Tampa Mike only having one good year, that's just patently false. He had two good years that you could argue were both better than Ridley's season last year:

Except Ridley had 17 games to do it. If you prorate Ridley's number over 16 games, his stats become:

76 / 950 / 8TD

So essentially, Ridley last year was statistically the same as the two-year wonder Tampa Mike. Actually, Tampa Mike's good seasons were better than Ridley from last year.

I don't know if you can find a better comparison than Tampa Mike based on situation and production, but hey, I'm not here to twist your arm, but if Tampa Mike had played 17 games those years his stats would have been than 2023 Ridley and their 5 year aggregate stats would be even closer than they are now. In fact, if you account for the extra game Ridley only has 1 season where he had more yards than Tampa Mike (2020, 1,375).

Otherwise Tampa Mike's 964 (2010) and 996 (2012) yardage wise are greater than every other season Ridley has played.

Possibly the worst post ever but humor is never a bad thing 🍻

Go ahead, tell me which part you disagree with. Usually when people laugh it's because they don't have a leg to stand on.

I just spent 20 minutes writing that for you to dismiss it in 30 seconds. I bet if you asked anyone else in this thread they would say my post is great.

Also, give me a better comparison than I just gave you. If you can't then I don't know why you're nitpicking what I have to say when you don't have a better answer yourself.

I will add that I don’t think Ridley quit on his team. He admitted to some mental health issues. I have never experienced that so not saying I understand, but seemed like he made the right decision to prioritize it over football. The betting incident was stupid on his part but I thought the NFLs penalty was a bit severe. But that’s behind him now it seems.

I will add that I don’t think Ridley quit on his team. He admitted to some mental health issues. I have never experienced that so not saying I understand, but seemed like he made the right decision to prioritize it over football. The betting incident was stupid on his part but I thought the NFLs penalty was a bit severe. But that’s behind him now it seems.

Give me a better comparison than Tampa Mike. Mine works on and off the field. The season Ridley just had last year is identical to two of Tampa Mikes. Good luck finding that off the top of your head like I did.

@higgins you're welcome to play this game too. Anyone is. Find me a better comparison on and off the field.

76 / 950 / 8TD

So essentially, Ridley last year was statistically the same as the two-year wonder Tampa Mike. Actually, Tampa Mike's good seasons were better than Ridley from last year.

I don't know if you can find a better comparison than Tampa Mike based on situation and production, but hey, I'm not here to twist your arm, but if Tampa Mike had played 17 games those years his stats would have been than 2023 Ridley and their 5 year aggregate stats would be even closer than they are now. In fact, if you account for the extra game Ridley only has 1 season where he had more yards than Tampa Mike (2020, 1,375).

Possibly the worst post ever but humor is never a bad thing 🍻

I bet if you asked anyone else in this thread they would say my post is great.
We will see I guess

Levis and Hopkins had a connection last year

9 games without Levis: 7.55 targets for 4.77/57 per game
8 games with Levis : 8.5 targets for 4/68 per game

He scored way more TD's with Levis, 3 in their first game together but otherwise hard to see any real difference with or without Levis or see anything that made me think they got some kind of connection cooking.
I can see a world where Ridley DHop Pollard Spears Chig Burks have some good games.
I think Hopkins has a roster bonus of about $4.4M tomorrow. It would not be surprise me if he was not on the team by this time tomorrow or for the Titans just pick up the bonus and move him later knowing they can get more because they paid some of his salary. I am NOT reading or hearing this anywhere, just a new regime in and perhaps with Ridley they don't want to commit all that money to a 32 and 29 year old WR especially when the 32 year old WR is just down to a year left. Hopkins, may not be in the position he signed up fan and would welcome a change.

Again I'm just speculating, just makes sense to me in terms of what could transpire. Just a lot of financial committment to two older WR's in what looks like a rebuild.
I'm not sure I see a rebuild in Tennessee. If you are rebuilding, do you sign an 8 million dollar RB, and a 29 year old WR for 23 million? I think they want 2 proven vets to help Levis develop.

I think the Titans think they can win the division or at least sneak a wildcard. 9 and 10 wins have won it the last 2 seasons, and the Titans had 2 overtime divisional losses last year.

Personally, I think the Texans are moving upward, but I don't see the Titans as all that different than the Jags or Colts, and they honestly are probably better than both if Levis pans out.
I think they got an awful roster with a ton of holes

Even in a rebuild, you pay players. You have to pay someone, you cannot roll with nothing but draft picks and Levis gets his ### kicked for two years.

They are paying WRs to help their young QB. Those players won't be there in two/three years, but they still have value now

Even in a rebuild, you pay players. You have to pay someone, you cannot roll with nothing but draft picks and Levis gets his ### kicked for two years.

They are paying WRs to help their young QB. Those players won't be there in two/three years, but they still have value now
I agree and it’s why they signed Ridley. Just less sure if signing him leaves them needing Hopkins less to address other areas on the roster and if Hopkins is good being the #2 WR in in pay for sure and possibly usage as a 32 year old WR on a team that may not be good. He might be, they might be, just speculating for a variety of reasons that make sense to me.

Weird tangent above. Long long long post to quote.
I think some of you are too high on Ridley and doing a lot of research to try and justify the love.
Mike Evans has ten 1000 yard seasons and is a future gold jacket wearer.
Love Ridley all ya want, to each their own, but he's not on his way to the HOF as of now.

Titans refused to give 24 y/o AJ Brown 4 years and $100M

But they were okay giving 30 y/o Calvin Ridley 4 years and $92M
God bless them.
This was discussed yesterday.
Different GM. The Titans technically have a GM triumvirate now
Fine by me. I don't care who the GM is/was. The Eagles got AJ Brown, on now already, what looks like a bargain.
They thought they were replacing him w Burks.
Now signed a 29 year old, lesser talented guy to almost the same deal they wouldn't give AJ Brown.
Same organization though (that also had ownership veto a trade of Henry to the Ravens last year, to only let him walk this year to....sign with the Ravens, where they will have to wait a year to get the comp pick, if the team even qualifies for comp picks)

All good!

The Titans can only have one very good WR has been a theme yesterday and today. It's interesting because that is pretty much how it's been. Davis had a couple good games to push him to 1000 but was usually more like 7-800 so even with AJB I get it. Julio sure didn't give them two neither did Burks. It's been a long time.

This new coach has done squat. He hasn't even run a practice. The hope of a dynamic offense is oh so welcome after Kelly.

Right now it's kind of dumb to not have added tackles-ignoring a prior problem and about setting Levis up to get hit.

The new offense is such a tease so welcome that I'm crazy enough to get super excited if they draft a top WR at 7 also. With zero results to prove, they'd sure get everyone's attention and be fun to hope for.

They gotta add linemen though. Skoronski was last year's top tackle but he's a guard and daddy Callahan has confirmed. He was special looking the first eight then hit a wall. They got a great lineman but he wasn't the position they necessarily needed and drafted way early. Both tackles have been journeymen and raw prospects. Once Lewan's knee gave him trouble then he retired, it was like the rug got pulled out.
Ben Jones was a good center and they replaced him with a small C which was very odd. Now they've got their center in free agency.

They probably draft Alt. He is sorely needed but I'd bounce off walls w excitement if it winds up being Junior or Nabers

Titans refused to give 24 y/o AJ Brown 4 years and $100M

But they were okay giving 30 y/o Calvin Ridley 4 years and $92M
God bless them.
This was discussed yesterday.
Different GM. The Titans technically have a GM triumvirate now
Fine by me. I don't care who the GM is/was. The Eagles got AJ Brown, on now already, what looks like a bargain.
They thought they were replacing him w Burks.
Now signed a 29 year old, lesser talented guy to almost the same deal they wouldn't give AJ Brown.
Same organization though (that also had ownership veto a trade of Henry to the Ravens last year, to only let him walk this year to....sign with the Ravens, where they will have to wait a year to get the comp pick, if the team even qualifies for comp picks)

All good!
Yeah it was dumb.
Add to that that AJB was under contract. They could have said quit your whining play your contract and didn't during their tiny window of success. They'd lose in the playoffs and not have the stars that win those type games.

A lot of drama w Eagles and Titans and bad trades. I don't remember if Demarco was a trade but if not then him signing. Eagles got supposed talented WR in DGB and Titans got meh lineman in Dennis Kelly. One would start and play well. Byard is an attacking safety, former all pro and they supposedly robbed the Titans by trade. Then the Eagles played him as an outfielder and he doesn't do that role well so then the new GM looks wise for trading him. There's been a lot of back n forth with these two teams.

They absolutely got AJB at a great discount and won that trade big time

Give me a better comparison than Tampa Mike. Mine works on and off the field. The season Ridley just had last year is identical to two of Tampa Mikes. Good luck finding that off the top of your head like I did.

@higgins you're welcome to play this game too. Anyone is. Find me a better comparison on and off the field.
I can't think of any WR who has had a similar career path as Tampa Mike Williams who scored 11 TD as a rookie and kind of came out of nowhere. The Bucs lacked other WR options at the time.

He had over 120 targets his first 3 seasons and scored 11 TD as a rookie then 9 TD in his 3rd season. Only 3 TD his second season. He caught 65 in his first two seasons and 62 in his 3rd season. He never had more than 1k yards although he was close to that mark. He had a career catch rate of 51% (that's bad) and 7.1 yards per target also below average for a WR.

While Ridley had 64 then 63 receptions his first 2 seasons, scoring 10 and 7 TD respectively, he did that as the 2nd WR to Julio Jones and on more than 30 less targets than Mike Williams had.

Then in Ridleys 3rd season, his first as the top WR he has almost 150 targets and 90 receptions 1374 yards and 9 TD. Something Mike Williams never did, although he was getting mid 120 targets in his first 3 seasons.

Calvin Ridley career catch rate 63% and yards per target 8.4 much better than Mike Williams.

Completely different style of player. Mike Williams won with strength but was very inconsistent. Ridley wins by running great routes and getting separation, something the Jaguars failed to take advantage of.

Mike Williams.
Not to get into the middle of it since Eminence is trolling, but Isn’t “Tampa Mike” Mike Evans?
No he said Mike Williams. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillMi04.htm

No need to qualify Mike Evans as No other stars share that name.
Fair enough - Just watch out for threats of violence. Engaging with this user is not advised. 💡
He does mention Mike Evans to make a facile argument that Calvin Ridleys stats are closer to Tampa Mike than Mike Evans as if this means something and then in another post I see he wants credit for these efforts from the community.

I won't parse out all the other dog head sideways comments. I did check my underwear just to be sure I am still on this planet after reading some of these opinions.

Not to clutter up the Ridley thread but it's a great example of how sometimes it's better to be lucky then good. I'm sure the Eagles fan love Roseman, has built a talented roster. But if he had his way he's have traded for Russell Wilson and signed Allen Robinson instead of trading and signing AJB. Got saved by Wilson not wanting to come to Philly and Robinson changing his mind last minute. What an amazing difference.

Not to clutter up the Ridley thread but it's a great example of how sometimes it's better to be lucky then good. I'm sure the Eagles fan love Roseman, has built a talented roster. But if he had his way he's have traded for Russell Wilson and signed Allen Robinson instead of trading and signing AJB. Got saved by Wilson not wanting to come to Philly and Robinson changing his mind last minute. What an amazing difference.
Well, and also lucky "The Former GM of the Titans is a buffoon" as well as "Glad we are in the same division as the Giants and Commanders"

But back to Ridley - projection for this coming year: 75/875/8

Well, and also lucky "The Former GM of the Titans is a buffoon" as well as "Glad we are in the same division as the Giants and Commanders"

think more yards, but less tds, so probably a similar net result... 75/1025/5

I am not as sold on Ridley. He had one really good year and the rest haven't come close to that. I used this example in another thread.

2023 Calvin Ridley: 13.4 fantasy ppg (tied 27th in ppg) with 4.5 / 59.8 / 0.47 per game
2022 Jakobi Meyers: 13.0 fantasy ppg (tied 28th in ppg) with 4.8 / 57.4 / 0.43 per game
2023 Jakobi Meyers: 13.7 fantasy ppg (24th in ppg) with 4.4 / 50.4 / 0.63 per game

Ridley in JAC has essentially become Jakobi Meyers (who makes less than half what Ridley just signed for). Do many people think Meyers is an impact WR (either in the NFL or in fantasy)? Is that level of production worth $23M a year? This will be Ridley's age 30 season . . . the point where production typically starts going down. The Titans are having a regime change (so who knows what they will look like), but if they stay as rushing dependent, Ridley may not see the 136 targets he saw last year (especially with Hopkins there).

Hilarious overpay.

We're at the point these teams are paying guys $20M+ per year as a congrats for barely eclipsing 1k yards....with an extra 17th game on the schedule.

Crazy times.
Even worse when you consider he's been suspended for gambling and has had personal issues that kept him from the game.

I am not as sold on Ridley. He had one really good year and the rest haven't come close to that. I used this example in another thread.

2023 Calvin Ridley: 13.4 fantasy ppg (tied 27th in ppg) with 4.5 / 59.8 / 0.47 per game
2022 Jakobi Meyers: 13.0 fantasy ppg (tied 28th in ppg) with 4.8 / 57.4 / 0.43 per game
2023 Jakobi Meyers: 13.7 fantasy ppg (24th in ppg) with 4.4 / 50.4 / 0.63 per game

Ridley in JAC has essentially become Jakobi Meyers (who makes less than half what Ridley just signed for). Do many people think Meyers is an impact WR (either in the NFL or in fantasy)? Is that level of production worth $23M a year? This will be Ridley's age 30 season . . . the point where production typically starts going down. The Titans are having a regime change (so who knows what they will look like), but if they stay as rushing dependent, Ridley may not see the 136 targets he saw last year (especially with Hopkins there).
He really got fortunate that one season when Julio got hurt and Ridley was absolutely peppered with targets.

So much of the story around Ridley is whether he's worth 25 mill/year, but that's just the least interesting aspect of this deal. Three teams were willing to pay this guy, so the fact that he disappointed some fantasy owners last year doesn't seem to matter too much to the NFL. He's really good. He was before the suspension, and he was good last year. I don't really care if he was overpaid, most of these FA guys are overpaid. He was playing out of position after the Zay Jones injury, it hurt his production.

It is much more interesting that it appears obvious to me that the Titans saw the Jags were trying to be slick, and saw an opening.

Jags wanted to re-sign him, but wanted to protect their 2nd round pick. Instead, they rent Ridley for a year, for a 3 and a 5. I am guessing he made it known that their offer was in the ballpark, and he wanted to come back. At some point, the Pats and Titans got involved, and he played them against each other.

This is very good for Jags/Titans drama.

That's pretty close to my projection as well. I'd probably have the TDs lower. I'm looking at Ridley as a middling WR3, in the Tyler Lockett range.

The big question is...what can you expect from Levis? He threw 8 tds in 9 games. Half those tds came in a single game (his first game).
So say Levis throws 25tds (I expect less than that, but let's use it)
Hopkins is good for 7
Other WRs not named Hopkins nor Ridley good for 5
TEs good for 3
RBs good for 4
that leaves 6 for Ridley

Can Levis throw 25? More? I think something like 22 is more likely.
I really want to like this as a landing spot for Ridley. I'm not sure it is. Talk me off the ledge please.

Even worse when you consider he's been suspended for gambling and has had personal issues that kept him from the game.
i take Ridley's word at face value regarding these events in ATL and it really shouldn't be a concern after last season i think.

assuming Levis is at least as good as his good days last season, I expect a similar split between Ridley & Hopkins (as Meno said, assuming Nuk is still in Tennessee to start the season, which I believe is likely) as Ridley & Kirk '23. iirc Ridley started the season hot but Kirk outpaced Ridley in targets down the stretch before his injury, plus Engram was the top dog in that regard. Fantasy viability is high end WR2 for both he and Hopkins imo.

i take Ridley's word at face value regarding these events in ATL and it really shouldn't be a concern after last season i think.

assuming Levis is at least as good as his good days last season, I expect a similar split between Ridley & Hopkins (as Meno said, assuming Nuk is still in Tennessee to start the season, which I believe is likely) as Ridley & Kirk '23. iirc Ridley started the season hot but Kirk outpaced Ridley in targets down the stretch before his injury, plus Engram was the top dog in that regard. Fantasy viability is high end WR2 for both he and Hopkins imo.
Maybe but I am not a believer in Levis. I think he's like trash. It stinks more the longer you let it sit around.

Users who are viewing this thread