What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chad Jackson (1 Viewer)

I've had Chad Jackson as my #1 WR for a while now, but it was close with Santonio Holmes. Jackson was very impressive in the college skills competition that aired today and his juggs machine performance was off the charts. Reminded me of how Chad Johnson looked in the same event.

This competition was meaningless. Jackson is a fraud. Nothing to see here.
Why is he a fraud? I admit I keep looking for a great wr in this draft. I called Jackson my flavor of the month in another thread, but my mind is open. What are his flaws?

How was Vince Young?
He won the scrambling competition. :shock: They had three shots at the distance competition. Young's first two saile out of bounds, his final throw 64 yards landed him second to Croyle (68 yards).

Olson won the accuracy competition. I didn't see it so don't know the particulars.

Young was impressive on the scramble. He rolled left and landed the ball in a net 25 yards downfield. The other QBs all missed the throw. He then went through a series of scambling obstacles and nailed the second target on the dead run.

Vince got a chance to show off his skills in the scrambling event. It gave him a chance to move around and he nailed both tagets (no other QB hit one).

I liked what I saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Young looked MUCH better than everyone I saw in the accuracy competition, however I didnt see Croyle. He was throwing lasers out there though. It was amazing to watch Whitehurst throw ducks, and then see Young come in with a cannon.

Young looked MUCH better than everyone I saw in the accuracy competition, however I didnt see Croyle. He was throwing lasers out there though. It was amazing to watch Whitehurst throw ducks, and then see Young come in with a cannon.
:goodposting: Ever since I saw him against Tennessee in the Peach Bowl a couple years ago I thought he threw a weak ball and even in the Senior Bowl it appeared the receivers were having to wait on the ball to get there.

Ooooh, I would have loved to have Chad Jackson last year. But the Seahawk/Bengal combo uniform would have just been too horrific to look at.

I was very impressed by the throws Young made on the run, especially the deep one right on the money.

Why is he a fraud? I admit I keep looking for a great wr in this draft. I called Jackson my flavor of the month in another thread, but my mind is open. What are his flaws?
Chad Jackson looked legit - I thought he had great speed and body control (looked effortless running around) and had very good hands. Moss did looked good as well and I think he'll be a steal if he slips into the 2nd.

Deangelo Williams looked terrible catching the ball, lacked concentration and whined about the balls being too high after he dropped each one. He needs to go to a team that doesn't need a RB to catch the ball much.

Vernon Davis was also very impressive and should blow everyone away at the combine with his size, speed and hands for a guy his size. I couldn't believe I was watching a 255lb. guy running around like he was.

This competition was meaningless.  Jackson is a fraud.  Nothing to see here.
Chad Jackson looked legit - I thought he had great speed and body control (looked effortless running around) and had very good hands. Moss did looked good as well and I think he'll be a steal if he slips into the 2nd.

Deangelo Williams looked terrible catching the ball, lacked concentration and whined about the balls being too high after he dropped each one. He needs to go to a team that doesn't need a RB to catch the ball much.

Vernon Davis was also very impressive and should blow everyone away at the combine with his size, speed and hands for a guy his size. I couldn't believe I was watching a 255lb. guy running around like he was.
Can we all please stop talking about Chad Jackson and go back to one of the many whine about the officials threads?TIA :D

I'm not too high on Him, plus Mike Mayock said He's a late 3rd at best.

So I wouldn't get to pump up by His combine stats.

:goodposting:

can't even name that last 'great ' Florida WR in the nfl..

lets see..

there's Hilliard..

jabar gaffney

taylor jacobs

while we're at it,lets name the great FLorida QB's, like Wuerffel, Doug Johnson, Grossman...lol

:wall:

This thread is about his pre-combine Skills Competition and has nothing to do with his stats.

This competition was meaningless.  Jackson is a fraud.  Nothing to see here.

:wall:
:goodposting: can't even name that last 'great ' Florida WR in the nfl..

lets see..

there's Hilliard..

jabar gaffney

taylor jacobs

while we're at it,lets name the great FLorida QB's, like Wuerffel, Doug Johnson, Grossman...lol
Beto was joking because people finally found about Jackson. I think your recess is over...

Mayock is a stroke & good luck to him on trying to be half of what Mel is. Listening to Mayock has only made me enjoy Mel that much more.That said, do you have a recent link of him stating Chad Jackson is a late 3rd at best?? I can't believe even he'd say something so assinine.

Mayock is a stroke & good luck to him on trying to be half of what Mel is. Listening to Mayock has only made me enjoy Mel that much more.That said, do you have a recent link of him stating Chad Jackson is a late 3rd at best?? I can't believe even he'd say something so assinine.
I have read several reports saying Jackson won't make it past the Cowboys..... :mellow:

He said that at the combine, right as Jackson ran a 4.32. I agree with him on some things (Cutler) but even before the combine to say Jackson would be a 3rd round pick is ridiculous. I would be surprised if he doesn't have him in the 1st round right now.

Didn't see this posted yet, but here's a video of Chad Jackson winning the "best hands" event at the Skills Competition.

http://media.putfile.com/chad-jackson---best-hands
Not trying to be sarcastic at all here.....but what is so hard about that drill? I would think that most pro WRs would easily be able to catch a series of passes launched at them, no?
They had a thing on Spike TV yesterday. Joe's vs Pro's. They had the catch competition like they do in the skills challenge. Jerry Rice vs the Joes. It was very close and most of the Joe's only dropped a couple balls.So i'd assume most if not all Pro WR's should be able to catch almost all the balls in this kind of competition. I'm not saying Jackson isn't going to be a very good WR, but this feat in itself doesn't impress me one bit.

He said that at the combine, right as Jackson ran a 4.32. I agree with him on some things (Cutler) but even before the combine to say Jackson would be a 3rd round pick is ridiculous. I would be surprised if he doesn't have him in the 1st round right now.
I think Mike says this because Jackson played at Florida, and as we know Florida WR don't do much in the NFL.I happen to agree with Mike Mayock on Jackson and Cutler.

The guy knows His stuff and is proven. :thumbup:

Jackson seems to have some skills...that much is evident. With WRs though, its always about attitude. The guys that get drafted high and think theyre all that seem to dissapoint. I dont know quite what it is. Maybe they get too comfortable. Maybe they get lazy. Maybe theyre just not as good as advertised...bad luck, bad team situation, who knows. Very few WRs taken super early seem to go on to do great things. There's something to be said for a player who gets drafted later than expected and feels slighted and that he has something to prove like Randy Moss when he was clearly a top 5 choice and fell into the 20s. For this reason, I hope Jackson goes late in the draft....well, relatively speaking late 1st early 2nd or even possibly later, though I dont see how going into the 2nd round is realistic. I just hope he goes late enough that he stays hungry and feels like he still has something to prove because he sure seems to have all the physical tools.

Didn't see this posted yet, but here's a video of Chad Jackson winning the "best hands" event at the Skills Competition.

http://media.putfile.com/chad-jackson---best-hands
Not trying to be sarcastic at all here.....but what is so hard about that drill? I would think that most pro WRs would easily be able to catch a series of passes launched at them, no?
They had a thing on Spike TV yesterday. Joe's vs Pro's. They had the catch competition like they do in the skills challenge. Jerry Rice vs the Joes. It was very close and most of the Joe's only dropped a couple balls.So i'd assume most if not all Pro WR's should be able to catch almost all the balls in this kind of competition. I'm not saying Jackson isn't going to be a very good WR, but this feat in itself doesn't impress me one bit.
Not even that he beat Sinorice Moss and Vernon Davis, two guys that have good hands?I'm not sure how fast the ball was coming out in the Joe's vs. Pro's competition, but at the Skills Challenge that were being fired out very fast and many were barely catchable.

Even if doesn't prove he has great hands, it shows that they are at least solid enough to be an NFL WR. If you add in his 4.32 speed, size, strength, agility and general williness to work hard (doing this competition and the events at the combine), then you have everything you could want for a WR in the draft. It's up to him how good he wants to be in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread