What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Cooper Kupp, LAR (3 Viewers)

Seemed like Everybody on the Rams got a TD except Kupp tonight.

It was fun watching him run in motion all night and then run 3 yard pass patterns.
It wasn’t for a lack of opportunity. Could/should have had a TD on 2 different occasions.

And Stafford totally whiffed.
No, Stafford whiffed on the throw to Nacua, not Kupp.

On that one too. But missed Kupp on an easy TD the first time, and overthrew the second one.

It was fun watching him run in motion all night and then run 3 yard pass patterns.
It wasn’t for a lack of opportunity. Could/should have had a TD on 2 different occasions.

On that one too. But missed Kupp on an easy TD the first time, and overthrew the second one.
2nd one hit him on the hands. Kupp dropped it.

1st one was off target & would have been a tough catch, but Kupp usually comes down with those.

But the 2nd one was all on Kupp. He just flat dropped it.

1st one was off target & would have been a tough catch, but Kupp usually comes down with those.

The first one was extremely difficult and would have been an extraordinary catch, even for Kupp.

Second one was easier and I agree he usually comes down with it, but a better throw would have been a big difference.

The first one was extremely difficult and would have been an extraordinary catch, even for Kupp.

Second one was easier and I agree he usually comes down with it, but a better throw would have been a big difference.
Kupp had both hands on both passes. Every WR in the NFL expects themselves to catch both of them. The first one would have been a “good” catch, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Kupp had both hands on both passes. Every WR in the NFL expects themselves to catch both of them. The first one would have been a “good” catch, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Yeah, on replay the 2nd was a bunny that Stafford floated to where only Kupp could get it. It literally hit him on both hands.

He just whiffed.

Yeah, on replay the 2nd was a bunny that Stafford floated to where only Kupp could get it. It literally hit him on both hands.

He just whiffed.

Sorry but I think you guys are wrong. I might give you the 2nd but not the 1st.

He just whiffed.

Sorry but I think you guys are wrong. I might give you the 2nd but not the 1st.
I am wrong a lot, so I will trust you.

Oh absolutely.
He's the #2 WR or maybe even #3 WR in the pecking order now. Puka Nacua clearly, and deservedly, number 1 while Demarcus Robinson maybe the #2. (92 yards and 10 targets to Kupp's 6 targets and 27 yards in week 17)
Got the TD week 17 but 27 yards?!
Runs very short routes most of the time. Not really the long ball threat of years past.
Interesting where he gets drafted.

Maybe in the off season DC’s will start to view Puka as the alpha and key on him. Then Kupp can run wild and make them pay for forgetting about him. #pleaseohplease

Maybe in the off season DC’s will start to view Puka as the alpha and key on him. Then Kupp can run wild and make them pay for forgetting about him. #pleaseohplease
Puka/Kupp/Robinson could well become a combo like Holt/Bruce/Al-Hakim — too difficult to shut down entirely, so it varies who puts up the big numbers.

Reactions: Hoh
Are we really talking up Demarcus friggen Robinson here? The one who will be going into his 8th season at age 30? The one who has never topped 50 catches or 500 yards in a season? That one? Really??

Right now it feels really difficult to trust him going into 2024.
Dynasty .. I just wound up dealing him for McBride
Great trade. I would go into hiding after that degree of Grand Larceny.
I thought it was a good trade, but others in my league couldn't believe I dealt Kupp for McBride and that I went way out on a limb. Oldest guy on my team is Mahomes and then CMC with Barkley, Etienne, JJacobs, ARSB, Aiyuk, Higgins, JSN, McBride. Should compete for awhile.

I thought it was a good trade, but others in my league couldn't believe I dealt Kupp for McBride and that I went way out on a limb. Oldest guy on my team is Mahomes and then CMC with Barkley, Etienne, JJacobs, ARSB, Aiyuk, Higgins, JSN, McBride. Should compete for awhile.
I'm on your line of thinking.

I think we're seeing the downfall of Kupp. Maybe he's 100% healthy all year next year and puts up a middling WR2-WR3 kind of season. But he's not the same dude.

McBride is TE2 or 3 in dynasty IMO.

I'm on your line of thinking.

I think we're seeing the downfall of Kupp. Maybe he's 100% healthy all year next year and puts up a middling WR2-WR3 kind of season. But he's not the same dude.

McBride is TE2 or 3 in dynasty IMO.
I also have Andrews and Hockenson, but you need a good TE and I can get a younger/better WR for Andrews or Hockenson next year.

if you're in rebuild mode prob a good trade, if going for the ship next year think Kupp could have one more top 10, maybe top 15 season in him, so one of those trades that could be good for both sides

if you're in rebuild mode prob a good trade, if going for the ship next year think Kupp could have one more top 10, maybe top 15 season in him, so one of those trades that could be good for both sides
He MIGHT, but I really don’t feel good about it. McBride is a good win now piece and is only going to get better.

Feel like Kupp’s really showing the warning signs that next year won’t be great.

Thinking about it more and more, I think Kupp is an interesting buy-low. He's played in 12 games this season and had 100 yards or a TD in all but 2 (of 8) that he and Stafford were both healthy for.

I get the argument that he's over 30, and has been breaking down a bit, but I also think that could just be noise. He could benefit from decreased coverage with Puka stepping up, and his game could age well in a Keenan Allen sort of way, as they both win with route running, and QB rapport.

2021 is never coming back, that was an all-time great season, and the situation has changed, but I think Kupp can still be a WR2 for fantasy for years to come. I think this year could be more his floor, than a sign of things to come. Having said all that, no issues at all dealing him for McBride, who looks like a top-3 TE already.

Thinking about it more and more, I think Kupp is an interesting buy-low.
But in this case, giving McBride is not buying low IMO. But yeah, he is a good potential buy-low

Stafford being healthy is a positive since he will likely be back in 2024 now. Kupp should be healthier and have a nice season. However, sharing with Puka will probably keep him out of elite territory.

Users who are viewing this thread