What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Corey Davis, Retired (1 Viewer)

Fire up the "I'm starting him over" thread.  Its a very difficult spot against Bal after a long layoff, but sometimes you just have to roll the dice.

Jordy Nelson is the consideration for me.

Fire up the "I'm starting him over" thread.  Its a very difficult spot against Bal after a long layoff, but sometimes you just have to roll the dice.

Jordy Nelson is the consideration for me.
My choices for Week 9 are Fuller, Funchess, Kupp, and Parker (start 3 + Flex.)

I can't see cutting someone to start him but outside of Fuller they all seem like roster clogs.

Next weeks Murderer's Row includes Martin & Mixon at RB (Allen, Bell, Cooks, Smith-Schuster on a bye.) Been dreading Week 9 since the draft.

He was limited today. Today was an extra day with the bye. Two off days (Tuesday and Saturday) are when players muscles recover. Don't move him off IR til we get a good report wednesday. I'm excited too, just hang on

My other options this week are Fitz, Parker and Sanu. I think I'm going to keep him on my bench and see how it goes with him being reintegrated into the offense.

His next 3 games are brutal pass defenses (BAL, CIN, PIT). I like his potential, but coming off injury against those pass defenses, with an offense that has been bad all year, I'm thinking of dropping him. I guess my situation is different with being in a short bench league and having Rivers, AB, JuJu, Gronk on Bye, with Zeke suspended. 

What are you guys realistically expecting this week for him?

It's hard enough to predict what guys with multi-year track records who have played all year are going to do any given week, it's pretty much impossible to do with any confidence in this situation. He could get hurt on his first route, he could only play a dozen snaps, or he could bust out for 2 TDs. My dart throw would be 5 for 55, but it could be half or more than double that, lol.

Because of byes I have to chose between him and Rishard this week, might just flip a coin.

His next 3 games are brutal pass defenses (BAL, CIN, PIT). I like his potential, but coming off injury against those pass defenses, with an offense that has been bad all year, I'm thinking of dropping him. I guess my situation is different with being in a short bench league and having Rivers, AB, JuJu, Gronk on Bye, with Zeke suspended. 

What are you guys realistically expecting this week for him?
I'm in a short bench with similar players (Rivers and Zeke, and then Cooks/Allen on bye.)

I'm not sure what's available on your waivers but I was thinking about adding Corey Davis to start this week (I have to drop Hunter Henry in a short bench to field a flex spot)

If it's a spot start just this week, I think he's worth the add if you don't really need the win, and then back to the bench for some later season potential upside.

It's always tough managing a short bench.

DM me the best available on your waivers and i'll do the same. 

I'd be expecting a 4-40-0 type day hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in a short bench with similar players (Rivers and Zeke, and then Cooks/Allen on bye.)

I'm not sure what's available on your waivers but I was thinking about adding Corey Davis to start this week (I have to drop Hunter Henry in a short bench to field a flex spot)

If it's a spot start just this week, I think he's worth the add if you don't really need the win, and then back to the bench for some later season potential upside.

It's always tough managing a short bench.

DM me the best available on your waivers and i'll do the same. 

I'd be expecting a 4-40-0 type day hopefully.
I'm 8-0 but I refuse to concede any weeks. (I'm also playing the only other undefeated team, so it's a pride kind of a thing). 

4-40-0 sound about right. I know this TEN offense has been criticized for it's play calling and formations. I was surprised at the team's success under Mularkey last year, but not surprised with their performance this year. I'm forced to start Mariota this week and I just can't stack him and Corey Davis against BAL, that's like a guaranteed loss! 

The drawback to dumping Davis is that he's talented enough, and Mariota has the ability, to transcend the matchups, regardless of how bad they are. When healthy, Mariota can move around to give defenses fits, and creates gaps in coverage for which Davis could benefit. If he does that a couple of times per game, Davis has value. But what type of rapport do the 2 have right now? 

Certainly Matthews and Decker haven't been lighting the world on fire. It's safe to say Delanie Walker isn't living up to 2017 expectations thus far. DeMarco has been hurt and Henry hasn't been much (if any) better. I suppose Davis could be the type of guy to get the offense back on track, but that's asking a lot for a rookie coming off a hamstring injury. 

Edit: But then I keep thinking about all the comparisons to OBJ's rookie year when he had hamstring issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fired up Davis in my flex with Bell, Diggs, Gordon, and Juju on bye. Expecting 4 for 40, but hoping for a touchdown.

Also have Alex Collins starting in my RB2 spot, so this is the week I need my biggest lottery tickets to finally pay off. Needless to say, I'm pessimistic.

During the presser Mularkey said Davis did real well in a competitive 3rd down drill at the end of practice. Titans should face a lot of one on ones this week

Jim Wyatt

@jwyattsports

Mularkey said plan is for @TheCDavis84 to start for @Titans

Said that monday. Decker whined he was fourth. That would mean Matthews opposite Davis with Taylor subbing in next if it holds true. 

Decker only has one good game and needs to tighten up his cuts, refine his game and concentration some. It could definitely be motivational and he comes in before Taylor by the time Sunday comes around. No word from anyone about Decker today

I'm probably sitting him despite not having many if any other options. I play the match-ups. Thinking like a computer works for me.
I play match ups too except I'm going through bye week hell.  Sitting D. Adams for C. Davis.  Do I trust Hundley throwing the rock or do I trust Mariota and I chose Mariota.

I play match ups too except I'm going through bye week hell. Sitting D. Adams for C. Davis. Do I trust Hundley throwing The Rock or do I trust Mariota and I chose Mariota.
The way I see it is that he's a rookie with 1.5 games under his belt going up against a defense that's allowing the 4th fewest ppg to WRs this year. I'm assuming he'll see a lot of Jimmy Smith. I really liked what I saw in those 1.5 games but I just can't see myself starting him. It could be a mistake, I'm sure him popping off is within the range of possibilities but it doesn't seem likely to me.

I'll probably start Vernon Davis over him.

I watched his game and a half a million times. He's everything. I feel foolish for riding Britt, DGB, Hunter, and Wright in years past.A buddy sent me links to Perriman and Doctson videos to look at. Assuming Williams is as awesome, the NFL has really drafted WRs too early. (Williams and?) Davis is far better than recent guys.

Wright's like a third rounder. Speedy little bugger zero chance of being a stud. Hunter and DGB have oh my goodness athleticism (as do many) but where are the results? Issues with blocking or route running or "trouble" outside of football. First rounders should be gems. They could have gone late second with scouts drooling over athleticism but they're not first. DeDe fell so far yet Britt went early? 

I remember Gordon and OK State drunk on Jags and Dez Bryant and Amari...there's some first rounders but the NFL has been totally overdrafting WRs

I never expected Amari to have a zillion catches for 200 yards that one week, but when he was struggling earlier, I had zero worry he'd turn it around. He's too supremely talented. I never once felt that way about Hunter or DGB.

My thoughts for Davis this week and every week are- he is probably too much for the opposing CB to shut down so he'll get his. Is Mularkey wise enough to get it to him often enough? Delanie has had huge advantages some weeks and only got 2 passes so I do put it on the HC or OC. Davis is special though. 

If I say college WRs that truly had a complete game- I bet y'all can think of a bunch of WRs in this context that fit and an absolute ton that shouldn't have gone in the first or been praised like a first rounder in the second

During the presser Mularkey said Davis did real well in a competitive 3rd down drill at the end of practice. Titans should face a lot of one on ones this week
Mariota:  "We aren't very good on third down in the red zone and that has to change."

The way I see it is that he's a rookie with 1.5 games under his belt going up against a defense that's allowing the 4th fewest ppg to WRs this year. I'm assuming he'll see a lot of Jimmy Smith. I really liked what I saw in those 1.5 games but I just can't see myself starting him. It could be a mistake, I'm sure him popping off is within the range of possibilities but it doesn't seem likely to me.

I'll probably start Vernon Davis over him.
Matthews is mister reliable on 3rd down. It's not that simple

This first matchup will be rough since its his first gamer back against a good secondary, but the kid has the goods and will be targeted heavily, isnt that what we want from fantasy players?

Rishard Mathews was the most targeted WR in the last 7 weeks or something like that last year, Davis is in for a big meal and should eat this year if he stays healthy.

He should not be available in any league, but Yahoo says he is only 34% owned. But somehow, a teams WR1 is still out there for people to grab. People were not quick to rush and scoop Will Fuller either with the news he was back an healthy, people wait too long and then screw themselves.

Well, I was quick on Fuller and started him every week.

I am now going to do the same with Davis. Hype in here makes me feel pretty good about it... also I'm hamstrung due to bye weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread