What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Courtland Sutton, DEN (1 Viewer)

Courtland Sutton caught 4-of-5 targets for 32 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos’ Week 1 loss to the Raiders.

Sutton was unable to garner a large target market share in the absence of fellow wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, a trend that continues into the new season from last year. He saved his fantasy day with a nifty grab along the side of the end zone just before half but was ultimately an afterthought on a night the Broncos struggled to attack the deep areas of the field. Sutton will look to improve upon his modest showing when the Broncos host the Commanders in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

Worth holding after the past couple weeks? His final numbers didn't look terrible, but hard to imagine trusting him much ROS unless things change a lot. Russ spreads it around and the offense isn't that good

Worth holding after the past couple weeks? His final numbers didn't look terrible, but hard to imagine trusting him much ROS unless things change a lot. Russ spreads it around and the offense isn't that good
Yeah the stats are misleading on the box score. I think he had three of his receptions on that last drive.

Yeah the stats are misleading on the box score. I think he had three of his receptions on that last drive.
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing; they were still very much in the game on those drives (although I thought the one right before the Hail Mary wasn't a catch).

I just don't think he or the Broncos offense look very good

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing; they were still very much in the game on those drives (although I thought the one right before the Hail Mary wasn't a catch).

They put up 400 yards and 33 points.

And that catch looked good, he dragged that toe.

They put up 400 yards and 33 points.

And that catch looked good, he dragged that toe.
I was going to say that for a team that scored 33, they really didn't look that good.

Maybe I'm just scarred from last year, but Russ is not impressing me

Courtland Sutton caught 8-of-11 targets for 95 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos’ Week 3 loss to the Dolphins.

Sutton lost two drive-killing fumbles while carrying the football like a loaf of bread — something Dolphins defenders seemed to notice. Sutton once again led the Broncos in targets, and may have established himself as the team’s No. 1 receiver over Jerry Jeudy, who was invisible against Miami. A Denver offense that will continue to be forced to drop back and throw could make Sutton an interesting WR2 play going forward. He gets a Week 4 matchup with the horrific Bears defense.

- Rotoworld
The D is so bad for Denver you know the O is going to have to air it out.

Stories abound about Sutton being disgruntled and not appearing at voluntary workouts due to contract situation. Trade rumors also getting re-ignited by Cecil Lammey, Benjamin Allbright and others.

The below report from fairly reliable Mike Klis may calm the waters.

Per source, Courtland Sutton had offseason ankle surgery. Injury occurred in 2023 finale at Raiders. Doesn't seem like team or Courtland is concerned. Team picked up his $2M guarantee option in March. He has been working out daily in Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread