What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Chark, LAC (1 Viewer)

Minshew's strength as a passer is making smart reads and throwing to open players. Chark drawing coverage helps players get open. Minshew doesn't really have the physical tools to force throws into tight windows or throw his player open consistently. 
Minshew hit him perfectly on so many deep throws last year it seemed like they were a good fit but I guess you're right. 

Minshew hit him perfectly on so many deep throws last year it seemed like they were a good fit but I guess you're right. 
Deep balls take a long time to develop and I don't think the offensive line is a strength necessarily. Plus Gruden plays a WCO, so the ball is going to be coming out quicker and with less aDOT. That's just the way it is, it seems.

Deep balls take a long time to develop and I don't think the offensive line is a strength necessarily. Plus Gruden plays a WCO, so the ball is going to be coming out quicker and with less aDOT. That's just the way it is, it seems.
Yay Gruden! My favorite now!

D.J. Chark (chest) returned to practice Wednesday.

Chark is practicing on a limited basis coming off Jacksonville's mini-bye.
Good. Still going to sit him this week for Parker and Fuller.  I want to see him back in beast mode before making him my WR1 again.

Good. Still going to sit him this week for Parker and Fuller.  I want to see him back in beast mode before making him my WR1 again.
I don't blame you. If I could sit him I would but my entire team is hurt so I'll take his 3-65-0 on 3 tatget game. 

Jaguars WR D.J. Chark (chest) was limited in practice Thursday. 

Chark missed last week's game against Miami but is trending toward playing this week against the Bengals. Without Chark, the Jaguars' passing attack was horrendous. Perhaps his field stretching prowess is just what Gardner Minshew needs to exploit a good matchup against the Bengals. Chark is a WR3 with upside this week. 

SOURCE: Jay Morrison on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 4:43 PM ET

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said he's "comfortable" with D.J. Chark (chest) playing this week.

Chark showed enough in practice to return after sitting out last week. It's an upgrade for Gardner Minshew, who failed to throw a touchdown without Chark in a loss to the Dolphins. Chark is a WR3 against a Bengals secondary that's played better than expected.

SOURCE: jaguars.com

Oct 2, 2020, 10:10 AM ET

I predict he'll be running around wide open all over the field. 
 You think he’s a better start than OBJ? I’m debating this in a non-PPR. I feel like the Browns are going to need to throw in this one, and it’s not like Dallas has been lockdown in the secondary. Still, Chark is playing the Bungles.

Beautiful touchdown catch with body control and perfect hands.

Such a beautiful catch.

Minshew looks like they're shooting everything that comes out his hand like it's a duck hunt. 

You think he’s a better start than OBJ? I’m debating this in a non-PPR. I feel like the Browns are going to need to throw in this one, and it’s not like Dallas has been lockdown in the secondary. Still, Chark is playing the Bungles.
Srry just saw this. Hope you picked correctly buddy. 

Yeah chark is just not a good fit in this offense for FF purposes. He helps them open things up but they just don't feature that position. 

I agree but he doesn't. The tape from week 2 was telling. 
I also think week 3 was telling for the coaching staff too.  They’ve obviously featured him more in the first half this week because of it.  He’s the lynchpin to the O, likely will never get the target share he deserves but he’ll get more.  

I also think week 3 was telling for the coaching staff too.  They’ve obviously featured him more in the first half this week because of it.  He’s the lynchpin to the O, likely will never get the target share he deserves but he’ll get more.  
Currently getting out targeted again in this game 5-4 by Shenault. 

It's been like this from the start. Oh well. Chark a low-end WR3 with this usage. 

Nice line today. 8-95-2.

Could have used one of those going to James Robinson to further increase his trade value, but I'll take quick ten-yard tosses and two-yard slants to Chark for scores any day. 

If he fails to break 1k I’ll be severely disappointed.  Game script alone should allow him to get there.  
Yeah but 12 TDs evens it out. He was a 5th round pick in drafts and was WR26 in adp between Hilton and Parker. That would be a nice hit for where we got him. Of course we all want 1200/12 and that is still on the table but it’s a real best case scenario for a WR26. 

Yeah but 12 TDs evens it out. He was a 5th round pick in drafts and was WR26 in adp between Hilton and Parker. That would be a nice hit for where we got him. Of course we all want 1200/12 and that is still on the table but it’s a real best case scenario for a WR26. 
Sure, very reasonable.  But what I’m saying is he doesn’t have the look of a WR26ish guy, way to skilled and talented.  Needs to be a top 15 guy especially considering they will be playing from behind a lot.  

Sure, very reasonable.  But what I’m saying is he doesn’t have the look of a WR26ish guy, way to skilled and talented.  Needs to be a top 15 guy especially considering they will be playing from behind a lot.  
Scoring and receptions not accounted for but 800/12 is top 15 range 

D.J. Chark caught 8-of-9 targets for 95 yards and two touchdowns in Week 4 against the Bengals.

Chark led Jacksonville in targets after sitting out last week. Both of his scores came in the red-zone, with his highlight a post corner route where he got both feet down in the back of the end-zone. Chark wasn't getting a ton of volume before his injury, so this was an encouraging game for his usage. The Jaguars will likely have a pass-heavy gamescript for a matchup with the Texans in Week 5.

Oct 4, 2020, 5:07 PM ET

You bought low because you knew he could do Chark things but hadn't yet. Now he does the Chark things, and you want to sell? 
Yes, possibly. It's like the stock market. It doesn't matter what the stock has done before, it's what he is going to do in the future. I just traded for him to be my WR3 and didn't expect these numbers. I don't think it is consistently sustainable. The question is whether this performance can net you something better. That's all I am asking.

Yes, possibly. It's like the stock market. It doesn't matter what the stock has done before, it's what he is going to do in the future. I just traded for him to be my WR3 and didn't expect these numbers. I don't think it is consistently sustainable. The question is whether this performance can net you something better. That's all I am asking.
I think this can be sustainable, but as seen last year he'll have his dips. I trust him a lot more than I trust Minshew and their game script will go Cole's way at least a few games imo. Unlike last year though Dede W seems to be out of the mix and Conley is proving he's a dud. Shenault could come up, but Chark has shown enough for the coaching staff to realize he needs to be involved. it's still a lot of if's and dependency on a bad team, but my worries about whether he can repeat last year has been laid to rest. I think he'll exceed that this year if Minshew can sustain consistent play. I'd be disappointed if he doesn't end up with a WR2 floor throughout the season.

Users who are viewing this thread