What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Moore, CHI (4 Viewers)

I think it is important to understand that that CB tonight was severely overmatched. Other Corners will not gamble like Forbes did which allowed the stupid number of after the catch yards.

Still, DJ is a solid bet for 10-15 targets a week and he's been turning that into 100 yards easily. TDs are coming as well now. Things are looking up.
I think he will have 200 yards every game but you are right probably not 3 TDs ;)

The lack of target competition is huge. Kmet can make some plays but is not a focal point of the offense. After that it's Mooney and no one else. I'd think Moore is a strong WR1 ROS.

This is promising for DJ Moore this year, but let's not get carried away and assume he will get 10-15 targets, tons of yards, and multiple TDs each week. Enjoy the high. The arrow is pointing up over the last two weeks, and he's always had the talent, but he's still at the mercy of one of the worst starting QBs in the league.

Watching Fields throw so well as opposed to running every chance like last season is very promising for DJ Moore to finish Top 3 WR

This is promising for DJ Moore this year, but let's not get carried away and assume he will get 10-15 targets, tons of yards, and multiple TDs each week. Enjoy the high. The arrow is pointing up over the last two weeks, and he's always had the talent, but he's still at the mercy of one of the worst starting QBs in the league.
Fields is fine. I'd be more worried about the OC and head coach.

The schedule lines up very nicely up through their BYE. Fantasy playoff schedule on paper at least gets a bit tougher though and maybe a return to what we saw the first few weeks.

The schedule lines up very nicely up through their BYE. Fantasy playoff schedule on paper at least gets a bit tougher though and maybe a return to what we saw the first few weeks.
What do you mean first few weeks? He’s only had 1 bad game and that was week 1 with a 2/25 stat line. Since then he’s gone over 100 yards 3 times and in the game he was under 100 he scored a TD. STUD!!!!

What do you mean first few weeks? He’s only had 1 bad game and that was week 1 with a 2/25 stat line. Since then he’s gone over 100 yards 3 times and in the game he was under 100 he scored a TD. STUD!!!!
Looks like you are right, appears I was incorrectly conflating the Bears lack of success with his fantasy success. Forgot he had the TD against the Chiefs as well.

Yeah, he was WR17 in ppr ppg coming into Thursday. He is probably top 3 now.

Is everyone going to keep rolling with DJ or is it best to try and move him?

I’m reluctant to let him go but I reckon I could get Pacheco or Swift for him.

Is everyone going to keep rolling with DJ or is it best to try and move him?

I’m reluctant to let him go but I reckon I could get Pacheco or Swift for him.
4 of the 5 games he’s played in this year have given us solid production. He’s had 1 stinker and that’s it. No way would I let him go for either of those guys

What do we think of DJ Moore with Fields out?
I know nothing about the Bears backup QB
DJ Moore's NFL QB's through the years

Cam Newton - 21 games
Sam Darnold - 17 games
Teddy Bridgewater - 15 games
Kyle Allen - 13 games
PJ Walker - 7 games
Justin Fields - 6 games
Baker Mayfield - 6 games
Will Grier - 2 games
Taylor Heinicke - 1 game

DJ Moore showed he can produce with garbage. DJ Moore had only 2 targets/1 catch with Fields through 35 minutes of week 6. When Bagent entered, Moore had 6 targets/4 catches in only 23 minutes. Rookies tend to rely on their studs, so I expect Bagent to target Moore often, as long as he can remain upright.

New injury popped up. Ankle. Horrible time to have one. Was already worried about the Cleveland defense.

I think he first hurt his ankle at the end of the game before the bye vs the Vikings on that game winning drive, and re-tweaked it again on Sunday.

Interesting offseason for DJ. On one hand, the status quo was best because he had a heck of a season with Fields and no receiving help. That was unrealistic though. Allen is a good addition because he's old, has a short life. But it could be bad if they also take a WR top 10 and now we have went from 1 to 2 major new target competitors. Though I think losing Fields and surely getting Williams has to be a positive. Fields showed he could support Moore but adding a 2nd or 3rd major target is probably beyond what Fields can manage. That said, a rookie QB is worrisome.

Very tough situation to parse out.

Last edited:
I’d say it’s probably one of the best possible scenarios Moore owners could have hoped for. Worst case was they held onto Fields, moved down and drafted a guy like MHJr. Keenan is older and much more of a complement than a direct threat IMO. Improves the overall offense greatly, and greatly lowers the probability (although doesn’t eliminate it) that Chicago takes a guy like Nabers or Odunze at 8. They’d be better served going OT or defense at 8 IMO, grab a WR in the 2nd instead but we’ll have to see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread