What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Darius Slayton, NYG (1 Viewer)

Yeah I snagged him almost everywhere and started him over Edwards, who I also snagged almost everywhere, about half of the time. I was bullish on Edwards week 1 and bit the bullet there in a couple spots. But Slayton turned the tide for me in a couple other spots tonight. I would have taken $250k and 1st place in the FPC last year if I had started Slayton instead of Andrews in week 14. It's TE premium so that would have been ludicrous at the time. But there is a bit of "I will never ####### bench Slayton again" ringing in my ears. For a rookie that balled out last year I think it is criminal that this guy was going 8th to 10th, even in these $350 medium stakes leagues. 

I hope this week wasn't a fluke. I thought Jones looked.....decent. It's hard to say because that Steelers defense looks absolutely nasty. Barkley had two guys on him the *instant* he touched the ball on a handoff. Every time. 

Yeah I snagged him almost everywhere and started him over Edwards, who I also snagged almost everywhere, about half of the time. I was bullish on Edwards week 1 and bit the bullet there in a couple spots. But Slayton turned the tide for me in a couple other spots tonight. I would have taken $250k and 1st place in the FPC last year if I had started Slayton instead of Andrews in week 14. It's TE premium so that would have been ludicrous at the time. But there is a bit of "I will never ####### bench Slayton again" ringing in my ears. For a rookie that balled out last year I think it is criminal that this guy was going 8th to 10th, even in these $350 medium stakes leagues. 

I hope this week wasn't a fluke. I thought Jones looked.....decent. It's hard to say because that Steelers defense looks absolutely nasty. Barkley had two guys on him the *instant* he touched the ball on a handoff. Every time. 
congrats on the FPC finish.  you beat a LOT of people to finish that high.

In 15 games he has 4 multi-TD performances. Is it time to buy this guy before he becomes a staple top ten receiver or is this just some strange anomaly that will regress?

I'm in a bad way at WR in one league with Thomas, Brown and Godwin all out. I'm deep at RB though and moved Ekeler for Slayton straight up. Now I have Metcalf and Slayton going instead of Metcalf and either Amendola or Bourne.

He just looks the part to me...still don't know exactly what his value will be but I would get him now if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have him in dynasty, last year he’s have a 2 TD game and then seemed like he’d disappear the next week. A little worried about that happening this week esp with Tate a full go

They will continue to stack the box against Barkley.....Jones is a gunslinger....Defense is not good...Garrett’s offensive philosophy if to go vertical 

And Slayton is the real deal.

what’s not to like?

Have him in dynasty, last year he’s have a 2 TD game and then seemed like he’d disappear the next week. A little worried about that happening this week esp with Tate a full go
Cherry picking numbers a little bit, but since week 5 of last season, Slayton leads the NFL in TD catches. 

There were only 3 games last year where all of Darius Slayton, Golden Tate and Sterling Shepard were active and each player had 80% of snaps or better. Here’s Slayton’s stat lines in those 3 games: Week- 12: 7 targets — 4-67-0 14: 8 targets — 5-154-2 17: 9 targets — 4-50-0
Darius Slayton has the lowest snap % of those guys in those 3 games. In week 1 2020, Slayton had the highest snap % of all NYG Wide Receivers.
These tweets by @KalebIvy caught my eye. I've never heard of him before and he only has 57 followers so no idea how reputable these numbers are. Also I do realize there is the whole small sample size thing. Nevertheless it is enough to cause me to take a wait and see approach if Tate is active today then Slayton will be on my bench. Good luck for all those starting him.

Tool said:
Well damn, should've listened to myself, went back and forth and started him, might cost me the W. Will prob score 2 TDs on my bench next week.

Darius Slayton caught 3-of-6 targets for 33 yards in the Giants' Week 2 loss to the Bears.

Slayton's six targets were second on the team to Evan Engram's eight, and he's seen 15 targets through two games. Slayton is going to have big weeks in this play-from-behind offense as a WR3, but we have to take the bad with the good. The Giants host the 49ers in Week 3.

Sep 20, 2020, 5:21 PM ET

With Barkley gone, I think Slayton could become the biggest playmaker in this offense, and could see a bump in targets.

Still feels like this years DJ Chark to me.

With Barkley gone, I think Slayton could become the biggest playmaker in this offense, and could see a bump in targets.

Still feels like this years DJ Chark to me.
With Barkley gone, NYG’s entire offense will be hurt. I don’t see how losing one of the best players in football will help open things up. Opponents will have much less respect for the run game & more specifically Barkley as a receiver, that probably means more coverage for all of the receivers. 

With Barkley gone, NYG’s entire offense will be hurt. I don’t see how losing one of the best players in football will help open things up. Opponents will have much less respect for the run game & more specifically Barkley as a receiver, that probably means more coverage for all of the receivers. 
Agreed. The good news is that they've already played two of the toughest defenses they will face this year (Pitt and Chi). SF is up next week, but then it eases up big time starting in October.

I wasn't saying the offense will be better. I was saying I could see Slayton seeing more work, which in turn leads to more production. The offense isn't going to be useless without Barkley. No RB means that much.

I wasn't saying the offense will be better. I was saying I could see Slayton seeing more work, which in turn leads to more production. The offense isn't going to be useless without Barkley. No RB means that much.
Right. I wasn't saying you were saying the offense would be better. I'm saying without Barkley it means more coverage for other receivers, of which Slayton is one. 

In another topic I cautioned people to not get too excited about Slayton's 2 TD game, as he had a couple boom games and a lot of mediocrity last year. I was told that he may be on the rise and maybe this is the year he becomes a consistent FF WR.

This week he didn't exactly blow up when Saquan left the game, so I'm not sure why he would next week either.  And they also lost Sterling Shepherd to injury. So now they roll out Golden Taint & Darious Slayton as their 1-2. Not exactly gonna strike fear into any defensive backfield, especially when they don't have to worry about Barkley beating them with short passes. 

Could be a boon to Evan Engram's value. He started to see some short passing after the injuries. 

Right. I wasn't saying you were saying the offense would be better. I'm saying without Barkley it means more coverage for other receivers, of which Slayton is one. 

In another topic I cautioned people to not get too excited about Slayton's 2 TD game, as he had a couple boom games and a lot of mediocrity last year. I was told that he may be on the rise and maybe this is the year he becomes a consistent FF WR.

This week he didn't exactly blow up when Saquan left the game, so I'm not sure why he would next week either.  And they also lost Sterling Shepherd to injury. So now they roll out Golden Taint & Darious Slayton as their 1-2. Not exactly gonna strike fear into any defensive backfield, especially when they don't have to worry about Barkley beating them with short passes. 

Could be a boon to Evan Engram's value. He started to see some short passing after the injuries. 
I agree it helps Engram too. The Giants have had a very tough start to their schedule, especially when it comes to pass rush. It gets much easier, and they will likely pass more with Barkley out, as Jones becomes the centerpiece of the offense. It'll probably be ugly at times, but no running game and a bad defense is a great recipe for pass catcher production. 

I'd be fine with Slayton as my WR3/4, and could see a path to WR2 value. He very well may remain boom/bust, but I think the booms will be more consistent then they were a year ago, regardless of increased coverage.

I think the trade off of more targets vs increased defensive attention is a net win, especially for someone who gets deep.

SF D is not going to be as good without Bosa.
Or Ford, or Thomas, or Sherman. At this point the 49ers defense is probably league average at best. 

Or Ford, or Thomas, or Sherman. At this point the 49ers defense is probably league average at best. 
Or JimmyG/Debo/Mostert to help carry drives & give the D a rest. 

This is going to be a very worn out unit in the 3rd/4th quarter of many games coming up. I'm very concerned. 

That said, out D-coordinator is adept at getting big plays out of marginal talent - they could surprise. They're also bringing in some DL to work out. 

Yeah unfortunately much of my love for Slayton was predicated on the threat Barkley posed. Now I don't know. 

As expected... 

I'm not trying to kick sand in anyone's face. I just think this type of player is a pretty obvious tease - one that has you chasing his points and your tail all season long. 

As expected... 

I'm not trying to kick sand in anyone's face. I just think this type of player is a pretty obvious tease - one that has you chasing his points and your tail all season long. 
IDK he looks good on film 

Agreed the offense is nothing to get excited about but they’ll be behind every week & he’s a good route runner

As expected... 

He is definitely boom or bust. It’s usually A former followed by several examples of the latter..

then when you’re finally sick of watching his 2 to 4 point performances on your bench, you’ll drop him and put up to 30 in the next game.

It what he do.

IDK he looks good on film 

Agreed the offense is nothing to get excited about but they’ll be behind every week & he’s a good route runner
It's tough to evaluate. They have zero going in the ground game. Which makes it very difficult to get the ball down the field on play action. Which is Slaytons game. I like what I've seen from him overall though. It's going to be a tough year  because of the awful offense line.

My take on Slayton was predicated on Barkley commanding the attention of defenses. I just don't know that we can draw any conclusions about his game now that Barkley is gone. I know I'm avoiding him until I see Jones and the running game play better. 

Darius Slayton caught 3-of-7 targets for 48 yards in the Giants' Week 4 loss to the Rams. 

Nobody did much for the Giants and their walking dead offense. Slayton, as he did last week, led New York in receiving yards. But who cares? Fantasy managers will talk themselves into play Slayton next week against the horrific Dallas secondary. 

- Rotoworld

No way. That defense is putrid.
Agreed.  Start any and all skill position players against the Dallas defense going forward (start all Cowboys as well).  I don't expect the Giants offense to get well and put up 30+, but it should be better than it has been.

Darius Slayton caught 8-of-11 targets for 129 yards in the Giants' Week 5 loss to the Cowboys.

Slayton had a touchdown called back on an iffy OPI penalty against WR Damion Ratley. Slayton struggled Weeks 2-4 against a trio of tough defenses but predictably had a big game against Dallas' barely-there defense, leading the Giants in targets, catches, and yards. Slayton has two 100-yard games under his belt through five weeks and will get a date with the Washington Football Team in Week 6 as a WR3.

Oct 11, 2020, 8:00 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread