What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (2 Viewers)

Looking to buy low for him... Should I? Or is there a different thread for these questions?

It depends on whether it's redraft or dynasty. Dynasty has the dynasty valuation thread where we talk about players and usually relate it to our team. Redraft is a little trickier because it doesn't have its own dedicated thread.

It's really a question for the assistant coach forum, whereby you ask people to help manage your team.

I hope that helped. There's a lot of grey area in this respect on these boards. Generally, asking if you should buy low is acceptable so long as it doesn't become too specific to your roster.

Buy low right now?
Depends on how low lol

Sorry, but while he will certainly do better than the last several weeks, I just don't see him being more than a mid level #2 type receiver ROS with O'Connell at QB. Lot of those type of guys around.

Edit to add that this is a redraft opinion

Buy low right now?
Depends on how low lol

Sorry, but while he will certainly do better than the last several weeks, I just don't see him being more than a mid level #2 type receiver ROS with O'Connell at QB. Lot of those type of guys around.

Edit to add that this is a redraft opinion
Sorry it's redraft. He has Godert who is out untl fantasy playoffs and I offered TE D. Schultz and threw in GB C. Watson who I considered dumping. I have Hock at TE

Only 1 game over 100 yds and a mere 3 TDs all season (none since week 3). He gets targets, but 90% of them are within 5-7 yards of the line of scrimmage. I'd be surprised if Adams finishes the year at a top 15 WR in standard scoring.

I might be on an island, but I think Jimmy G is better for the Raiders in real life and Adams for fantasy football. The past two weeks the Raiders have won in spite of the QB play and had the luxury of playing the Jets and Giants. I don't see this game script working the next two weeks against Miami and KC. I don't know why the organization recognizes McDaniel's play calling was garbage, but didn't give Jimmy a pass and see how he does with the new coaches.

I might be on an island, but I think Jimmy G is better for the Raiders

Raiders likely won't win too many more games this season with an absolutely brutal upcoming schedule, and that would probably derail or at least make frustratingly inconsistent, your Devante Adams investment, but it's absolutely the right call for this org to allow their promising rookie QB, who absolutely lit up the preseason, the rest of this season to experience regular-season NFL growing pains. They need to see first-hand whether or not they have something for next year and beyond, particularly heading into analyzing the comparative prospects of one of the deepest college QB classes in a very long time.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport said Davante Adams (illness, questionable) “is expected to go” in Week 15 against the Chargers.

Adams popped up on Wednesday’s injury report with an illness and was officially listed as questionable. Despite the late designation, whatever bug Adams is dealing with isn’t expected to keep him out of Thursday night’s game. The veteran receiver should be available and can be started as a high-volume play against a struggling Chargers secondary.

New Raiders GM Tom Telesco has insisted he has no plans to trade Davante Adams.
“He’s a Raider,” was Telesco’s unequivocal Tuesday comment at the Combine. Adams has seemed disgruntled for most of his two years in the Mojave Desert, especially before Josh McDaniels was fired last fall. But he appeared to operate with a new energy and enthusiasm under since-promoted interim coach Antonio Pierce. Quarterback remains a major issue headed into the 2024 season, though the Silver and Black seem to be planning to move on from 2023 fill-in man Aidan O’Connell.

Users who are viewing this thread