What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demario Douglas, NE (1 Viewer)

I'm guessing a WR gets drafted tonight and/or Patriots trade for one.

I know Bourne and Osborn are going to be in the mix with at least one big time addition. But is Pop resembling a starting WR for the Patriots in 2024? I can't say that I was expecting that to be the case. If so, I'm going to have to give a lot more thought to keeping him protected before my league's cutdown. Anyone see a path to 900-1,000 yards in '24?

Right now I see him starting and if he isn’t officially starting he will be on the field a ton…right now they have Thornton and Juju who are luggage…Bourne who is solid but is coming off of an ACL (and has never put up big numbers) and Osborn who should be a decent addition but I don’t see him turning into a go-to option…with this group Douglas is easily the best fantasy asset and I see a pretty easy path to putting up the numbers you reference…he is also the only one that I think they are committed to longer term…with that said there will be at least one good rookie (or a veteran added via trade) added to this group and most likely another one drafted at some point so depending on the style of WR they draft there could be some overlap with Douglas but right now I think he is guy you can be cautiously optimistic that he can contribute as a solid depth WR in fantasy.

Last edited:

I know Bourne and Osborn are going to be in the mix with at least one big time addition. But is Pop resembling a starting WR for the Patriots in 2024? I can't say that I was expecting that to be the case. If so, I'm going to have to give a lot more thought to keeping him protected before my league's cutdown. Anyone see a path to 900-1,000 yards in '24?

Right now I see him starting and if he isn’t officially starting he will be on the field a ton…right now they have Thornton and Juju who are luggage…Bourne who is solid but is coming off of an ACL (and has never put up big numbers) and Osborn who should be a decent addition but I don’t see him turning into a go-to option…with this group Douglas is easily the best fantasy asset and I see a pretty easy path to putting up the numbers you reference…he is also the only one that I think they are committed to longer term…with that said there will be at least one good rookie (or a veteran added via trade) added to this group and most likely another one drafted at some point so depending on the style of WR they draft there could be some overlap with Douglas but right now I think he is guy you can be cautiously optimistic that he can contribute as a solid depth WR in fantasy.
This could be very short-lived after the Pats trade for Higgins and draft another top rookie tonight, but as someone that was half-expecting KOC to make an offer the Pats couldn't say no to at #3, this got more interesting than I was expecting.

If it ends up as only the top remaining WR at the top of round 2 and another shot on Day 3, there might be more fantasy meat on this bone than I was expecting. He's definitely a nice weapon for the Pats in real football, but I have been somewhat skeptical of Douglas the fantasy asset moving forward.

Right now I see him starting and if he isn’t officially starting he will be on the field a ton…right now they have Thornton and Juju who are luggage…Bourne who is solid but is coming off of an ACL (and has never put up big numbers) and Osborn who should be a decent addition but I don’t see him turning into a go-to option…with this group Douglas is easily the best fantasy asset and I see a pretty easy path to putting up the numbers you reference…
Jalen Reagor still on the roster and may have something to say about this... per Jalen: "Sounds about right."

I don't. If they add another receiver, there could be a lot of mouths to feed (and not a very big pie to split up). It will likely be Brissett at QB, the line will still be shaky, and chances are they will be a run first team.

They averaged 200 passing yards a game. Bourne was a quarter of that when he played. JuJu is still there after it was reported he was going to be released. Not sure if that means they had a change of heart, if his knee got healthier, if they didn't want to take on the dead money, or if he is still on his way out.

Douglas got more reps after Bourne, JuJu, Parker, Henry, and Thornton missed some time and were banged up. It's very possible the pecking order could be new WR-Bourne-Osborn-JJSS-Douglas. Flip flop those last two if you want. Not sure how much value there is as the fourth receiver in NE (when they also throw to a RB and a TE). Douglas could start developing and earn more playing time, but he's probably a fringe fantasy option for me.

Yes to both with the major caveat of depends what they do with rest of draft/trades.

Mentioned this before but The Athletic did an article earlier in the off-season, before FA, where they ranked in tiers the most valuable players to the franchise. This did include contract, how much money and time the player had on his deal so these things for sure where a huge assist for Douglass but just the same Gonzalez was tier 1 by himself, IIRC Barmore was tier 2 by himself, and Douglass was tier 3 with three other players. Long story short, at that time considered one of the 5 most valuable pieces of their roster by that beat writer, relative again to contract. That beat writer also speculated if he could be a possible 1k WR next year.

I don't. If they add another receiver, there could be a lot of mouths to feed (and not a very big pie to split up). It will likely be Brissett at QB, the line will still be shaky, and chances are they will be a run first team.

They averaged 200 passing yards a game. Bourne was a quarter of that when he played. JuJu is still there after it was reported he was going to be released. Not sure if that means they had a change of heart, if his knee got healthier, if they didn't want to take on the dead money, or if he is still on his way out.

Douglas got more reps after Bourne, JuJu, Parker, Henry, and Thornton missed some time and were banged up. It's very possible the pecking order could be new WR-Bourne-Osborn-JJSS-Douglas. Flip flop those last two if you want. Not sure how much value there is as the fourth receiver in NE (when they also throw to a RB and a TE). Douglas could start developing and earn more playing time, but he's probably a fringe fantasy option for me.

I think a Deebo trade might sorrow me a bit more if that ends up being the new WR. But if it's a McConkey/Mitchell/Baker, that would look like an amazing opportunity to me. Definitely more of an opening than I was projecting 48 hours ago. The rookie would certainly be the most valuable fantasy asset, but I think Demario would be 2nd and the only live wire from the rest of that group in an offense in need of explosive plays.

Users who are viewing this thread