What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Garrett Wilson, NYJ (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking of using my waiver priority to grab Wilson if he really has that kind of upside.

Depends on your league make-up and who is available, of course, but unless you're RB-needy or have reason to think you'll be, I'd use priority on him. This guy is going to have ups and downs as a rookie and as a member of the Jets, but he's a bona fide stud in the making.

Beware of the ups and downs, though. Two things about the Jets -- they'll have a rookie quarterback coming back who is not impressive in the least, and they have a ton of skill position players now who will be clamoring for the ball. That's not often said about the Jets and skill position players, but it's true. They finally look like an NFL offense with a bunch of weapons. But that QB situation is sticky. I'd still blow priority on him. He's likely the best shot you have at greatness the rest of the way on the wire.
Yeah, if I was 0-2 I would definitely spend my place at the front of the line. I'm not, but I'll put him at the top of my list anyways just in case others are sleeping.

I'm thinking of using my waiver priority to grab Wilson if he really has that kind of upside.

Depends on your league make-up and who is available, of course, but unless you're RB-needy or have reason to think you'll be, I'd use priority on him. This guy is going to have ups and downs as a rookie and as a member of the Jets, but he's a bona fide stud in the making.

Beware of the ups and downs, though. Two things about the Jets -- they'll have a rookie quarterback coming back who is not impressive in the least, and they have a ton of skill position players now who will be clamoring for the ball. That's not often said about the Jets and skill position players, but it's true. They finally look like an NFL offense with a bunch of weapons. But that QB situation is sticky. I'd still blow priority on him. He's likely the best shot you have at greatness the rest of the way on the wire.
Yeah, if I was 0-2 I would definitely spend my place at the front of the line. I'm not, but I'll put him at the top of my list anyways just in case others are sleeping.
Yeah, I've got E. Moore also and still gonna give it a shot --

Garrett Wilson caught 1-of-5 targets for eight yards in the Jets’ Week 6 win over the Packers.

While the Jets’ didn’t need much passing, it was still odd to see Wilson not involved as much. It’s clear the the Jets’ plan is to run and run often as long as they’re winning. Wilson showed sparks early on in the season, but with Zach Wilson back he hasn’t been as productive. Proceed with caution going forward.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Garrett Wilson caught 4-of-5 targets for 24 yards in the Jets' Week 7 win over the Broncos.

Elijah Moore was serving a team-imposed suspension and Corey Davis was lost early to a knee injury, but Wilson still could not get anything cooking with struggling second-year starter Zach Wilson. The Jets are holding the reins tight, and Zach isn't making plays the few times he is given the chance. It is a depressing development for a first-round wideout who was quickly coming on as a legitimate playmaker with Joe Flacco. Even with Breece Hall reportedly suffering a torn ACL on Sunday, the Jets are not about to open up their passing attack for Week 8 against the Patriots.

- NBCSportsEDGE

I'm not sure how many weeks he can be projected for 10+ points while getting under 5 before projections are adjusted. So frustrating having him taking up a bench spot.

I'm not sure how many weeks he can be projected for 10+ points while getting under 5 before projections are adjusted. So frustrating having him taking up a bench spot.
You are right on. Thought about dropping him this week due to Mahomes and a Kelce’s bye week. Dropped Alec Pierce instead.

You are right on. Thought about dropping him this week due to Mahomes and a Kelce’s bye week. Dropped Alec Pierce instead.
Well to be fair, they are projections so it’s not an exact science and the process may be sound but the results just don’t work out. He’s show he should see a nice target share each week. If Zach continues to struggle, they’ll have to adjust, but 5-65 stat lines (w/ or w/o a TD) aren’t crazy projections.

I'm thinking that you should use a method other than inaccurate projections to decide who to cut.

Garrett Wilson caught 8-of-15 targets for 160 yards in the Jets’ Week 13 loss against the Vikings.​

Wilson continued to elevate his game and is coming up bigger each week. He saw 15 targets which tops the 14 he saw in Week 2. Wilson got better as game went on and made crucial play on a 60-yard reception in the fourth quarter. On that play he caught ball 20 yards from the line of scrimmage, broke a tackle and raced into Vikings’ territory. As long as Mike White is the Jets’ quarterback (which he should be), Wilson presents solid WR2/FLEX upside.
Dec 4, 2022, 4:49 PM ET
Solid WR2/FLEX upside?? me thinks whoever is writing this has had a couple extra sodas today...

Solid WR2/FLEX upside?? me thinks whoever is writing this has had a couple extra sodas today...

Would you have rather the person said WR1? Because that would be a little more accurate. I'm guessing that's how you're taking it, but I can't tell.

Last edited:
Best thing that could happen is they pull Wilson for Flacco. Seriously. If you have to keep Wilson in, hope for early series debacles and Flacco will get this guy the ball.

Such a bummer for G Wilson owners who will likely start him with lower expectations.

Bigger than that is I now give the Lions much better odds to win this game now.

The kid would have put up massive numbers if he had a QB that was accurate today. He wound up with 4-98, but it could have been so much more. Let’s hope hope Mike White heals up and is ready for next week.

Currently sitting at 996 and 4 through 15 games despite an absolute doodoo show at QB.

Love the kid for next year and in dynasty/Keeper formats

Currently sitting at 996 and 4 through 15 games despite an absolute doodoo show at QB.

Love the kid for next year and in dynasty/Keeper formats
I do too. Was offered Pickens and Akers for him and a 3rd next year, easy reject. To play as well as he did with TRASH at QB, imagine when he has a good QB next year? A strong hold for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread