What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jameson Williams, DET (2 Viewers)

Seems like a good pickup for best ball, has boom or bust written all over him.

Yeah he’s my 18th guy out of 18, WR6/7. Feels like his contributions will be of the Kadarius/Skyy variety, a handful of big plays that turn games.

I think he’s a lot more talented than either of those but to succeed at earning targets in Detroit he needs refinement. If you’re at the wrong depth or turn the wrong way on a choice route, just not going to earn trust.

Elite game speed, he’s already demonstrated he’s a willing blocker, and he has some variety to his release technique. It’s not like he’s a total project. I simply have doubts he’ll be reliable this year.

But got him rostered just in case I’m wrong.

I think many have forgotten how good this kid was coming out of Alabama. I bet he will be a must start the last half of the season if not sooner.
Still my favorite WR of the 2022 draft class. Probably would’ve been drafted first out of the bunch if not for his freak injury in the natty. I love Jaylen Waddle and I think Jamo’s ceiling is a better version of Waddle.

That being said, he has a long path to reaching that ceiling. St. Brown and LaPorta are the clear top targets, and Jamo will have to prove himself on the field to get his share. I expect him to still play behind Reynolds for now and I doubt he sees many targets early on. He might only get two catches in a game, but they could be two week-winning catches with his big play speed. He’s a stash-and-see, or a hail mary flex for the desperate. Really love the talent though and can’t wait until he’s a regular contributor. Could be a true fantasy stud in time.

Cross posting from the Gibbs thread

Jamo’s impact on the offense

WR Snaps
  • ARSB 247
  • Reynolds 211
  • Marvin Jones Jr 123
  • Kalif Raymond 89
  • Green 36
Think Jamo plays mostly in 11 personnel and will take MJJ & Raymond’s snaps

Targets
  • ARSB 35
  • LaPorta 27
  • Reynolds 19
  • Gibbs 18
  • Raymond 11
  • MJJ 7
  • Montgomery 3
  • Wright 2
  • C Reynolds 1
  • Green 1
Intermediate square in routes to Reynolds are an integral part of the offense. LaPorta catches mostly short-to-intermediate crossers. Williams will take the 9 routes Raymond was running and MJJ may be a healthy scratch. I don’t see Jamo affecting Gibbs at all and minimally impacting Josh Reynolds.

Don’t think he’ll be heavily utilized initially. MIGHT hit his stride after Thanksgiving. IMO

13 games
70 targets
43 receptions
599 yards
4 TDs

WR Snaps
  • ARSB 247
  • Reynolds 211
  • Marvin Jones Jr 123
  • Kalif Raymond 89
  • Green 36

Targets
  • ARSB 35
  • LaPorta 27
  • Reynolds 19
  • Gibbs 18
  • Raymond 11
  • MJJ 7
  • Montgomery 3
  • Wright 2
  • C Reynolds 1
  • Green 1
Intermediate square in routes to Reynolds are an integral part of the offense. LaPorta catches mostly short-to-intermediate crossers. Williams will take the 9 routes Raymond was running and MJJ may be a healthy scratch. I don’t see Jamo affecting Gibbs at all and minimally impacting Josh Reynolds.

Don’t think he’ll be heavily utilized initially. MIGHT hit his stride after Thanksgiving. IMO

13 games
70 targets
43 receptions
599 yards
4 TDs

I would be shocked if Jamo's YPC was not around 20. He is going to get the ball in the open field or deep. It would not surprise me if Jamo is the first to surpass 25 YPC which has not been done since Flipper Anderson in 1989.

WR Snaps
  • ARSB 247
  • Reynolds 211
  • Marvin Jones Jr 123
  • Kalif Raymond 89
  • Green 36

Targets
  • ARSB 35
  • LaPorta 27
  • Reynolds 19
  • Gibbs 18
  • Raymond 11
  • MJJ 7
  • Montgomery 3
  • Wright 2
  • C Reynolds 1
  • Green 1

13 games
70 targets
43 receptions
599 yards
4 TDs

I would be shocked if Jamo's YPC was not around 20. He is going to get the ball in the open field or deep. It would not surprise me if Jamo is the first to surpass 25 YPC which has not been done since Flipper Anderson in 1989.

I read this post thinking, awesome, I could see something around a 20 YPC. Then the post started going towards the all time record, and then i looked to see who posted it, the world's biggest Lions homer with the rosiest of rose glasses.

He’ll no doubt be given some reverses and things of that type as well. That 40 yard one he had last year against the Bears he looked like he had some kind of nitro boost, his burst was absolutely crazy.

WR Snaps
  • ARSB 247
  • Reynolds 211
  • Marvin Jones Jr 123
  • Kalif Raymond 89
  • Green 36

Targets
  • ARSB 35
  • LaPorta 27
  • Reynolds 19
  • Gibbs 18
  • Raymond 11
  • MJJ 7
  • Montgomery 3
  • Wright 2
  • C Reynolds 1
  • Green 1

13 games
70 targets
43 receptions
599 yards
4 TDs

I read this post thinking, awesome, I could see something around a 20 YPC. Then the post started going towards the all time record, and then i looked to see who posted it, the world's biggest Lions homer with the rosiest of rose glasses.

Yep....and if you listened to me you would have known LaPorta was going to be a top 5 TE instead of TE18 hr was going for in drafts. And you would have known ARSB was going to have a huge year last year.

WR Snaps
  • ARSB 247
  • Reynolds 211
  • Marvin Jones Jr 123
  • Kalif Raymond 89
  • Green 36

Targets
  • ARSB 35
  • LaPorta 27
  • Reynolds 19
  • Gibbs 18
  • Raymond 11
  • MJJ 7
  • Montgomery 3
  • Wright 2
  • C Reynolds 1
  • Green 1

13 games
70 targets
43 receptions
599 yards
4 TDs

Yep....and if you listened to me you would have known LaPorta was going to be a top 5 TE instead of TE18 hr was going for in drafts. And you would have known ARSB was going to have a huge year last year.

I have a healthy share of both ARSB and LaPorta.

Although I expect nothing from Jameson Williams, maybe he will average 2 catches/40 yards rest of season. I drafted him in all 3 of my dynasty leagues last year. If he were to emerge even as a WR3 for fantasy that would be huge for my teams.

I meant no harm by my joke, I just found it funny that you said that Jamo could break an all time record set in 1989.

WR Snaps
  • ARSB 247
  • Reynolds 211
  • Marvin Jones Jr 123
  • Kalif Raymond 89
  • Green 36

Targets
  • ARSB 35
  • LaPorta 27
  • Reynolds 19
  • Gibbs 18
  • Raymond 11
  • MJJ 7
  • Montgomery 3
  • Wright 2
  • C Reynolds 1
  • Green 1

13 games
70 targets
43 receptions
599 yards
4 TDs

I have a healthy share of both ARSB and LaPorta.

Although I expect nothing from Jameson Williams, maybe he will average 2 catches/40 yards rest of season. I drafted him in all 3 of my dynasty leagues last year. If he were to emerge even as a WR3 for fantasy that would be huge for my teams.

I meant no harm by my joke, I just found it funny that you said that Jamo could break an all time record set in 1989.

Just a YPC record, based on his ability, his low volume and usage. Jamo will catch the ball in space or deep routes. They have better targets for the short to medium routes. And it is not an all-time record. There were guys in the 50's who has 30 plus yard averages. Jamo is just in a unique situation where there are two elite possession recievers who will get almost all the short to mid-range balls.

Jameson Williams is questionable for Week 5 against the Panthers.

Williams is not listed with an injury on the Lions’ final injury report. His six-game gambling suspension was shortened to three games last Friday, so the speedy receiver is likely still working on his conditioning as he approaches his first game of the season. With Amon-Ra St. Brown likely sitting this week, Williams may be forced into action even if he is not fully up to speed. However, the Lions would undoubtedly keep him on a snap count. Williams should be rostered in all formats but is too risky of a bet to put into fantasy lineups for Week 5.

Wish this guy was coming back for like the Dolphins or really anyone who needed him. Lions just don't.
He hasn’t played a snap yet it’s to early to tell. But he will be given the opportunity to be a deep threat and open up things underneath for the other receivers.

On the season right?

@jon_mx did predict 25 YPC so…

My prediction was close to 20 ypc. You had him at 12. I gave 25 as within the realm of possibilities based on how he will probably be used.

599/43 = 13.9

would have ranked 22nd last year (tied with Tee Higgins) in YPC

Jamo is the most explosive WR in the game and his average will not be weighted down by a bunch of 3rd and 7 receptions.. No way there will be 22 WR in the league with a better YPC.

Wish this guy was coming back for like the Dolphins or really anyone who needed him. Lions just don't.
Not sure why you think the Dolphins need a deep threat worse than Detroit does. Id think he will immediately be wr3 on the team and end up wr2 by the time the season ends. The lions certainly arent the most wr needy though. I agree with that part.
Wasn't necessarily talking role. More an aggressive offensive mind like McDaniels. Campbell doesn't care about lighting up the scoreboard.

On the season right?

My prediction was close to 20 ypc. You had him at 12. I gave 25 as within the realm of possibilities based on how he will probably be used.

599/43 = 13.9

Jamo is the most explosive WR in the game and his average will not be weighted down by a bunch of 3rd and 7 receptions.. No way there will be 22 WR in the league with a better YPC.

Williams was explosive in college 2 years ago. There are a bunch of fast WRS who never make in in the NFL. Takes much more than speed. Williams does not seem to have game smarts. I am holding on to him in my keeper but ready to cut him loose as I just don`t see it.

On the season right?

599/43 = 13.9

Williams was explosive in college 2 years ago. There are a bunch of fast WRS who never make in in the NFL. Takes much more than speed. Williams does not seem to have game smarts. I am holding on to him in my keeper but ready to cut him loose as I just don`t see it.

Lined up on the wrong side multiple times today, Goff had to redirect him to the other side.

Plenty of receivers that 16 trusts rn on the roster. Don't forget, he lost his GTD money when he got suspended.

Huge 1st round whiffs from the Lions the last two years. They should Miami-esque if they hit on these picks

Too early to say this, but early indications are not positive.

The guy looks like a chump...he's in his 2nd season and there is nobody else on that offense yesterday and he does nothing

He played, what, 7 games last year, and on limited snaps? So, he's on his 8th or so game. Never yet been able to practice and play fully healthy. Never been able to participate in a full offseason (which he likely really needed this year). May have a bad attitude, but this is only a rumor.

I actually think he may very well bust, but again, it's way too early to call this.

3 targets, 2 catches, 2 yards

tremendous pancake on Monty's 42 yard TD and a couple good blocks on their 6th TD drive

DC might start using Jamo in the two TE sets for blocking.

Bam Knight hurt his shoulder yesterday - use him on kickoff returns

was a pretty good punt return gunner in college (seriously - some great tape out there of him lighting guys up)

admittedly you usually don't pay those guys $17.4M but whatever - no unimportant jobs right

He played, what, 7 games last year, and on limited snaps? So, he's on his 8th or so game. Never yet been able to practice and play fully healthy. Never been able to participate in a full offseason (which he likely really needed this year). May have a bad attitude, but this is only a rumor.

I actually think he may very well bust, but again, it's way too early to call this.
  • 6 games last year off memory I think like 89 snaps or something?
  • he def participated in a full offseason up until the 2nd preseason game - he was around for OTAs, minicamp, TC
  • I don't really see any evidence he has a bad attitude, other than fans posting stuff about reading his body language. The way vets like CJGJ and David Montgomery talk him up, I don't get the sense he's a problem at all - the whole team knows he is super talented. ARSB said the other day "Unless you run a 4.2 you better back up trying to cover him."
It's been a really unfortunate start to his career. I think he's a good kid, not exactly savvy but loves ball. It's a genuine shame bc he has as much talent as anyone. But there is no recent precedent for a high draft pick WR doing literally nothing for 22 games and then suddenly becoming a superstar.

They're not giving up on him anytime soon. But they're also not going to coddle him. If he wants targets, it starts with lining up correctly and running routes the correct depth and catching balls that hit you in the hands. If he doesn't get it, oh well, it is what it is.

This team is going places with or without him. Would be awesome if he started contributing but it's not the end of the world if he never does.

Again, I think he's a good kid, but he just doesn't seem to have a knack for picking up stuff or working on details. On this team, playing for this coach, details are everything. If you keep missing assignments it doesn't matter where you got drafted, how much they paid you, or what athletic gifts you possess - he'll either get it (and I hope he does) or he'll be eventually wind up playing somewhere else.

Is Jameson droppable at this point over Akers or McLaughlin? My roster: Tua, Burrow, Jacobs, Swift, JT, Moss, Spears, McLaughlin, Akers, Chase, Dell, Addison, Michael Thomas, Jeudy, Jameson Williams. I have to drop 1 to move JT off my IR. Thought I'm needing a WR 2 . 12 team league .5 ppr. 16 rosters spaces including one defense, no kickers, and a couple IR spots.

Users who are viewing this thread