What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (6 Viewers)

So... it's completely normal for the 1st team to play 3 quarters next week, but absolutely unfathomable and indicative of a 16 game suspension that he does it this week?
Yes, basically. Don't go through mental gymnastics to justify it. Just realize that it's pretty much 100% unheard of.
You ddidn't find it odd how many plays he was off the field in the first half? Seems like this was planned by the coaching staff. Probably played a normal compliment of snaps, or only slightly more
Why would that be odd? You need the WR's who are actually going to play to get most of the starting snaps. Then you put Gordon out there to give Manziel a chance with the backups.
Alright dude.

We'll obv have to agree to disagree on this.

I just dont see how this means they KNOW he's gone 16 games
"KNOW" is a bit strong I guess. Because technically they can't know until the appeal is up. But they seem to have a pretty strong feeling, which is a way stronger indicator than pretty much anything else that's come out, in my book. Actions speak louder than...rumors and hearsay and speculation, right?

Or maybe the Browns have no clue what the outcome might be, much like the rest of us, and are doing their best under the circumstances to be prepared for all possible outcomes?

Seems more likely than the reading of the tea leaves that's happening.

Or maybe the Browns have no clue what the outcome might be, much like the rest of us, and are doing their best under the circumstances to be prepared for all possible outcomes?

Seems more likely than the reading of the tea leaves that's happening.
:goodposting:

Also thank God for this thread, I thought there'd never be a replacement for the David Wilson thread last year.

Gordon playing in the 4th quarter is a red flag. Just wish they announce the suspension already.
Gordon was only out there for two plays once the Browns got into the red zone. Both were designed pass plays and Gordon made his only reception on his last snap. The offense stunk and Pettine really wanted a TD, so he put his best player in there to help the team. Suspension or no suspension, the Browns offense looked horrible and all players need to set-up next week. It will be Cleveland first 'home game' of the JFF era.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come his first practice back from rehab, when he was running w the 3s, was a HUGE deal to Gordon haters? It meant the brass knew he was suspended, etc etc

But since that day... exclusive with the 1s. EXCLUSIVE.

Suddenly, that doesn't mean anything.

Carry on, friends... Going to be a glorious moment when he suits up this Monday v the Skins, and every week thereafter.
This looks like a prediction to me
Zero games is a possibility. Right?

Best performance by a group of rookies I've ever seen late in a game by staying focused & motivated.. I couldn't be more proud.. #GoDawgs

- Josh Gordon

He's tweeting again....

Ruh oh!!!!

Stop, Greg... It's the season.. obviously
No, clearly it is the zero games you predicted
Not what I predicted, but sure.
it's only changed several times. hopefully it will be announced soon.

care to give us your final guess?
I've given my final guesd ages ago... It was the first one I put out there 4-6
cool. i thought i had also read 0 and 8, but i guess i was wrong. i'm still going with 16, hopefully it's 8 or less though.

FWIW, I got Gordon at an auction yesterday (prior to last night's game). $5 out of a $200 budget. I may have just set $5 on fire, or I may have gotten a huge steal. I guess we'll all find out Friday.

Personally, at that price, I think the risk is well worth the cost.

FWIW, I got Gordon at an auction yesterday (prior to last night's game). $5 out of a $200 budget. I may have just set $5 on fire, or I may have gotten a huge steal. I guess we'll all find out Friday.

Can't win big if you don't take chances, imo. I've been drafting Gordon like crazy in the double digit rounds. If it doesn't work out, so be it, but the upside, relative to the cost, is massive.

How come his first practice back from rehab, when he was running w the 3s, was a HUGE deal to Gordon haters? It meant the brass knew he was suspended, etc etc

Carry on, friends... Going to be a glorious moment when he suits up this Monday v the Skins, and every week thereafter.
You didn't say might be, you said going to be...So if it isn't zero, what is it now?and btw to answer your question...no, at this point I think it is safe to say, zero games is not one of the possible outcomes
What new breaking news do you have that takes zero games off the table?

Can't win big if you don't take chances, imo. I've been drafting Gordon like crazy in the double digit rounds. If it doesn't work out, so be it, but the upside, relative to the cost, is massive.
:goodposting:

Been doing this in all drafts/formats as well. The opportunity to draft a player with his talent at this price point in auction/serpentine is insane, no one at the price point offers anywhere near the upside that Gordon does. Free drop effectively if he gets 16 games, as players at this price point are the guys that you typically churn for WW adds anyways.

Do this all day until we know more (definitely).

You didn't say might be, you said going to be...So if it isn't zero, what is it now?

and btw to answer your question...no, at this point I think it is safe to say, zero games is not one of the possible outcomes
To be fair, (and I'm definitely not Soulfly3's #1 fan/defender), he has been pretty consistent with the 4-6 game prediction. Granted, his original prediction was based on inaccurate/incomplete data (he thought he was only in stage 2, where 4-6 games would have been the consequence), but he has re-iterated that point a few times.

It is hard to tell though, as he does post things like you noted above, suggesting that Gordon will play all 16 games, or will lead the league in receiving, or things along those lines. But, as we are all probably aware, in many cases, he is just trying to get a rise out of you, me, and whoever will take that bait.

Sorry for getting meta here, but it's not like there is new info anyway. However the Gordon fiasco works out, I think Soulfly3 deserves a round of applause for the entertaining, hopeful and positive posts in this thread. I don't agree with him very much, but his posts were always fun to read and they give a good perspective on how some Gordon/Browns fans think. Some posters here were more objective. Some posters here were more informed. Not a single poster here left it all out on the field like Soulfly3 did.

Great job man.

To be fair, (and I'm definitely not Soulfly3's #1 fan/defender), he has been pretty consistent with the 4-6 game prediction. Granted, his original prediction was based on inaccurate/incomplete data (he thought he was only in stage 2, where 4-6 games would have been the consequence), but he has re-iterated that point a few times.

It is hard to tell though, as he does post things like you noted above, suggesting that Gordon will play all 16 games, or will lead the league in receiving, or things along those lines. But, as we are all probably aware, in many cases, he is just trying to get a rise out of you, me, and whoever will take that bait.
Sorry for getting meta here, but it's not like there is new info anyway. However the Gordon fiasco works out, I think Soulfly3 deserves a round of applause for the entertaining, hopeful and positive posts in this thread. I don't agree with him very much, but his posts were always fun to read and they give a good perspective on how some Gordon/Browns fans think. Some posters here were more objective. Some posters here were more informed. Not a single poster here left it all out on the field like Soulfly3 did.

Great job man.
:hifive: :hifive:

Thanks dudes.

It's been a fun ride, that's for sure. Glad I could bring some entertainment to a thread that realistically couldve been about 10 pages long.

It was an escape. A funny, sometimes mind-numbing escape.

Great job man.

Thanks dudes.

It's been a fun ride, that's for sure. Glad I could bring some entertainment to a thread that realistically couldve been about 10 pages long.

Soulfly3 you have entertained me this summer. Keep up the good work. I must admit that I thought Gordon would be suspended 16 games but now I'm not so sure.

Best performance by a group of rookies I've ever seen late in a game by staying focused & motivated.. I couldn't be more proud.. #GoDawgs

- Josh Gordon

He's tweeting again....

Ruh oh!!!!
Maybe a celebratory smoke is in order?Also perhaps a "good on ya mate" puff for Soulfly3 for making this thread my favorite read of the summer

How many threads can you go to and let loose like in this one? A thread filled with months of conjecture, speculation stated as fact, and out there hypotheses that would make A&E's Alien conspirists jaw drop.

Yet here we are, Aug 19, and still almost none of us can be proven totally wrong.

So awesome.

I said more then a month ago hes suspended for a year but at this point I have no opinion. This can go any way. And for no outcome after all this time is terrible but yes this thread has been entertaining to say the least. This should be the week we get an answer. I drafted him but ready to drop if he gets a full year and hold if less then that.

Great job man.

Thanks dudes.

Soulfly3 you have entertained me this summer. Keep up the good work. I must admit that I thought Gordon would be suspended 16 games but now I'm not so sure.
at this point can we safely consider soulfly3 as the nelson mandela of the shark pool?

I think having him play with Manziel deep into the game is a sign they think Gordon will play this year. Otherwise, they'd have Manziel (and Hoyer earlier) work on getting timing down with other WRs. Doesn't mean that he won't get the 16-game ban, but to me at least, it means the Browns don't think he will.

Funny how two people can look at the exact same thing and draw opposite conclusions.

you're all my friends. every last one of you.

even you, Bazinga.

let's all have a beer together this season over skype, as Gordon takes the field for another record breaking season

I think having him play with Manziel deep into the game is a sign they think Gordon will play this year. Otherwise, they'd have Manziel (and Hoyer earlier) work on getting timing down with other WRs. Doesn't mean that he won't get the 16-game ban, but to me at least, it means the Browns don't think he will.

Funny how two people can look at the exact same thing and draw opposite conclusions.
1 catch on 5 targets for Gordon, 4 of those came from Manziel.

Hoyer with Gordon: 2/32/0

JM with Gordon: 1/8/0

Hypothetically if Gordon wasn't going to be suspended I think people would have been worrying about his forthcoming production right about now. I thought JM would be great for the deep passing game with Gordon, but right now he just seems like a dinkdunk machine.

Manziel will be on the bench, so it doesn't matter.

Hoyer will be more than adequate as a starter... But they need to start giving him more reps in practice, and end this BS asap.

1 catch on 5 targets for Gordon, 4 of those came from Manziel.

Hoyer with Gordon: 2/32/0

JM with Gordon: 1/8/0

Hypothetically if Gordon wasn't going to be suspended I think people would have been worrying about his forthcoming production right about now. I thought JM would be great for the deep passing game with Gordon, but right now he just seems like a dinkdunk machine.
I think this is fair, except that this is preseason and they did just switch offensive coordinators. I guess it would come down to just how confident folks are in Gordon being a "transcendent" talent. Seems no way Hoyer/Manziel could be worse than Weeden/Campbell.

And if they are, maybe we need to take a closer look at the Vikings O.

Even if there was no suspension looming this offseason everyone should have been concerned for Gordon's production the minute Norv left town.

Even if there was no suspension looming this offseason everyone should have been concerned for Gordon's production the minute Norv left town.
Why?

Shanny Jrs Offense FEATURES the #1 WR.

check the number of targets Garçon got in Washington with Shanny Jr.

So we've established

1. Soulfly is a lovable, happy-go-lucky, class act; and

2. Nobody knows what the suspension will be, but it doesn't really matter because he's not that good.

So we've established

2. Nobody knows what the suspension will be, but it doesn't really matter because he's not that good.
Wow, and your "link" to support #2?

This is preseason folks, it's going to look different when the lights go on.

So we've established

Wow, and your "link" to support #2?This is preseason folks, it's going to look different when the lights go on.
Fine, nobody but Ojaays knows what the suspension will be.

So we've established

Wow, and your "link" to support #2?This is preseason folks, it's going to look different when the lights go on.
Actually, I was referring to the "not that good" part.

So we've established

Actually, I was referring to the "not that good" part.
That seemed pretty noncontroversial after the last 40 or so posts.

At this rate, Gordon may play the entire season his entire career before they reach a decision.

I have no dog in the fight. I am not a Browns fan nor have a stake in Gordon in fantasy but as a big fan of the NFL it is annoying. It is not fair to the Browns to be a couple of weeks out from the season and have no idea what the availability will or will not be for their best player.

Every case turns on its own events and will be unique but what could possibly be so complicated that a failed test in a system that has been in place for multiple decades could not be resolved in less than five months while other players have judgment calls made against them and are slapped with suspensions of varying lengths based on how the league office feels that day?

Users who are viewing this thread