What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (7 Viewers)

The problem is: can Gordon stay out of trouble during his suspension? I'm guessing no. Might never play again.
This is the true the problem, even if given 8 games the Browns would need to employ a 24 hr service to stay with him and ensure he doesn't screw up.. ever!

Im taking him late in fake drafts before my $ leagues, not only because maybe he gets a light punishment but also because why not. Well why not might actually matter because that offense looks like a mess.

Im taking him late in fake drafts before my $ leagues, not only because maybe he gets a light punishment but also because why not. Well why not might actually matter because that offense looks like a mess.
I took him late in my $$$ league but now I am wondering even if he plays how good will he actually be?

He's still out there deep into the 3rd quarter with the backups and Manziel. The Browns are NOT expecting this guy to be a part of their team this year.

He's still out there deep into the 3rd quarter with the backups and Manziel. The Browns are NOT expecting this guy to be a part of their team this year.
What?
sarcasm i suspect
What?
Should I phrase it differently? You don't leave your star WR on the field in the 3rd quarter of the second preseason game with a bunch of backups if you're worried about him getting injured and screwing up your season.

They were clearly leaving him out there to help out Manziel, but you don't do that if you think he's playing this year.

Been holding out hope for him. A part of me is wishing it was just to help JFF win the starting role but that seems far less likely than they were just letting him play his last game for a year

What?
sarcasm i suspect
What?
Should I phrase it differently? You don't leave your star WR on the field in the 3rd quarter of the second preseason game with a bunch of backups if you're worried about him getting injured and screwing up your season.

They were clearly leaving him out there to help out Manziel, but you don't do that if you think he's playing this year.
I agree it suggests the Browns think he's going to be facing a suspension.

But I don't think it requires a full season suspension to explain why they might want him out there.. Let's say they are hoping it's an 8 game suspension. Would it make sense if they got him as much work with the team as they can, in the new offensive scheme, prior to him being unable to practice for 8 weeks?

What?
sarcasm i suspect
What?

I agree it suggests the Browns think he's going to be facing a suspension.

But I don't think it requires a full season suspension to explain why they might want him out there.. Let's say they are hoping it's an 8 game suspension. Would it make sense if they got him as much work with the team as they can, in the new offensive scheme, prior to him being unable to practice for 8 weeks?
It's possible, but you'd think the fear of losing him to an injury caused by a desperate scrub trying to make a name in the opposing secondary would outweigh a few dozen reps with backups.

Gordon not playing in the 4th quarter.... Came out w Manziel...

Browns mustve received a different phone call that stated Gordon will be playing this season

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

I love this thread sooo much
Give another reason why Josh Gordon would be playing in the 4th quarter today. Just one.
Manziel
Sorry, meant a plausible reason. Come on, man.
good luck with that
Gordon exits the game w Manziel...

:shrug:
He was obviously in there to help Manziel. My first post on the topic specifically says that.

Doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't even do that if he was expected to play this year.

:lol:

I love this thread sooo much
Give another reason why Josh Gordon would be playing in the 4th quarter today. Just one.
Manziel
Sorry, meant a plausible reason. Come on, man.
good luck with that
Gordon exits the game w Manziel...

:shrug:
He was obviously in there to help Manziel. My first post on the topic specifically says that.

Doesn't change the fact that they wouldn't even do that if he was expected to play this year.
So... it's completely normal for the 1st team to play 3 quarters next week, but absolutely unfathomable and indicative of a 16 game suspension that he does it this week?

So... it's completely normal for the 1st team to play 3 quarters next week, but absolutely unfathomable and indicative of a 16 game suspension that he does it this week?
Yes, basically. Don't go through mental gymnastics to justify it. Just realize that it's pretty much 100% unheard of.

Yes, basically. Don't go through mental gymnastics to justify it. Just realize that it's pretty much 100% unheard of.
You ddidn't find it odd how many plays he was off the field in the first half?

Seems like this was planned by the coaching staff. Probably played a normal compliment of snaps, or only slightly more

You ddidn't find it odd how many plays he was off the field in the first half?

Seems like this was planned by the coaching staff. Probably played a normal compliment of snaps, or only slightly more
Why would that be odd? You need the WR's who are actually going to play to get most of the starting snaps. Then you put Gordon out there to give Manziel a chance with the backups.

You ddidn't find it odd how many plays he was off the field in the first half? Seems like this was planned by the coaching staff. Probably played a normal compliment of snaps, or only slightly more
Why would that be odd? You need the WR's who are actually going to play to get most of the starting snaps. Then you put Gordon out there to give Manziel a chance with the backups.
Alright dude.

We'll obv have to agree to disagree on this.

I just dont see how this means they KNOW he's gone 16 games

Users who are viewing this thread