What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (6 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Browns GM Mike Lombardi says suspended WR Josh Gordon has had a "great attitude" this offseason.
This is the same Lombardi who called Gordon a "waste of a pick" during his NFL Network days, and same Gordon who has been accused of coasting through practices this offseason. "I’m excited to see Josh’s development as a player," Lombardi said. "I think he’s shown this offseason with a great attitude, and I’m looking forward to being a part of that." Gordon has been missing practice time with patellar tendinitis, but the injury isn't considered serious.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Rotoworld:

Browns GM Mike Lombardi says suspended WR Josh Gordon has had a "great attitude" this offseason.
This is the same Lombardi who called Gordon a "waste of a pick" during his NFL Network days, and same Gordon who has been accused of coasting through practices this offseason. "I’m excited to see Josh’s development as a player," Lombardi said. "I think he’s shown this offseason with a great attitude, and I’m looking forward to being a part of that." Gordon has been missing practice time with patellar tendinitis, but the injury isn't considered serious.

5 Updates later

Suspended WR Josh Gordon has reportedly continued to practice lackadaisically at Browns camp, and is now battling "patellar tendonitis."
Beat writer Will Burge concedes Gordon was "dominant" early in camp, but on Monday was scolded by coaches for "not finishing plays" and failing to run after the catch. Burge reports Gordon is "frequently the last receiver into position drills" and has never worked with Brandon Weeden and Greg Little after practice. Gordon's talent is right where it needs to be. His work ethic just isn't.

LOL

A couple more reports like this and I should have an easier time trading for him.
I like Gordon but for a guy that has several strikes against him and has been warned I don't like hearing things like this. He needs to wake up quick.
Im guessing he only wakes up quick when its the wake and bake kind
That's what I'm afraid of and then he's banned for a year. Tempted to make a pitch for him if I can get him cheap in dynasty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/31/josh-gordon-still-out-with-patellar-tendinitis/

Josh Gordon still out with patellar tendinitisPosted by Mike Florio on July 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
gordon1.jpg
AP

As Browns receiver Josh Gordon tries to improve on his rookie season, he’s still not practicing due to a problem with his knee.

Coach Rob Chudzinski told reporters on Wednesday that Gordon was held out of practice again, due to patellar tendinitis.

“I expect him back within the next couple days,” Chudzinski said.

The first-year coach added that no MRI has been performed. The condition causes irritation and inflammation in the tendon connecting the shin to the kneecap.

Gordon will be suspended for the first two games of the regular season. However, he is permitted to practice with the team and to play in all preseason games.

Gordon is not lazy, he just has long legs:

(Rotoworld) Suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon defended his work ethic Saturday. Analysis: "It might look slow because I'm a little bit larger to play at my position," Gordon claimed. "So it might be a little bit deceptive, hard to look at it. It looks like, compared to everybody else, a little bit shorter strides, shorter movements, but I go out here 100 percent every day I come out here." Gordon also insisted his patellar tendinitis won't remain an issue into the regular season. Although Gordon has some serious red flags, his WR2 upside is hard to ignore.

Gordon is not lazy, he just has long legs:

(Rotoworld) Suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon defended his work ethic Saturday. Analysis: "It might look slow because I'm a little bit larger to play at my position," Gordon claimed. "So it might be a little bit deceptive, hard to look at it. It looks like, compared to everybody else, a little bit shorter strides, shorter movements, but I go out here 100 percent every day I come out here." Gordon also insisted his patellar tendinitis won't remain an issue into the regular season. Although Gordon has some serious red flags, his WR2 upside is hard to ignore.
that explains it

I realize there is a difference between a 2 game and 4 game suspension and how it relates to fantasy value, but Im taking this weed addict over the headcase Blackmon all day this season.

I realize there is a difference between a 2 game and 4 game suspension and how it relates to fantasy value, but Im taking this weed addict over the headcase Blackmon all day this season.
was there ever a confirmation of why it is a two game vs. a four game suspension....Was it because it was prescribed?

A couple more reports like this and I should have an easier time trading for him.
I like Gordon but for a guy that has several strikes against him and has been warned I don't like hearing things like this. He needs to wake up quick.
It never ceases to amaze me how some of these guys have a golden opportunity sitting right there is front of them and they piss it away.

Josh hasn't done that quite yet, but you'd think a light bulb would come on and he'd start doing the math. What an idiot...assuming reports are true.

played well in the preseason game thursday night.. 3 receptions 72 yards.. anyone watch the game??? does he look legit?

He actually looks legit. Dare I say Elite. Fast, crisp, running a number of different route variations. He's probably my #1 target when it comes to my WR4. And I'm actually loving that he has the suspension to deal with to give him a slight value discount. I think he's prob top 20 at the end of the year.

He actually looks legit. Dare I say Elite. Fast, crisp, running a number of different route variations. He's probably my #1 target when it comes to my WR4. And I'm actually loving that he has the suspension to deal with to give him a slight value discount. I think he's prob top 20 at the end of the year.
He's legit, the only real concern is his head.

I agree. Every time he touches it he looks 'electric'.

1st catch. over the middle jukes back, makes the defender miss, then gains 6-7 more yds

2nd catch. Over the should, kinda 1-handed catch near the sideline.

3rd catch. over the middle on a slant.

Greg Little makes me think "eh, seems like he should be able to do more. I'm not really excited." Gordon is much more exciting and seems ready to bust a big play every time he touches the football. However, the Lions' DBs will make WRs look a little better than normal. Weeden seems to be the only thing holding him back. That said, I love what I've seen so far and will definitely be targeting him in the 7th/8th/9th rounds of drafts this year.

I think the Browns take a step forward this year. Richardson looks ready to go as long as he's healthy. The O-line looks capable and definitely able to run-block. Cameron seems like a legit threat. I'm buying Gordon as a WR3 with definite upside.

I agree. Every time he touches it he looks 'electric'.

1st catch. over the middle jukes back, makes the defender miss, then gains 6-7 more yds

2nd catch. Over the should, kinda 1-handed catch near the sideline.

3rd catch. over the middle on a slant.

Greg Little makes me think "eh, seems like he should be able to do more. I'm not really excited." Gordon is much more exciting and seems ready to bust a big play every time he touches the football. However, the Lions' DBs will make WRs look a little better than normal. Weeden seems to be the only thing holding him back. That said, I love what I've seen so far and will definitely be targeting him in the 7th/8th/9th rounds of drafts this year.

I think the Browns take a step forward this year. Richardson looks ready to go as long as he's healthy. The O-line looks capable and definitely able to run-block. Cameron seems like a legit threat. I'm buying Gordon as a WR3 with definite upside.
sweet glad I just picked him up as my WR4 this morning

Rotoworld:

Browns OC Norval Turner bristles at the idea that Josh Gordon has been "loafing" in practice.
"I don’t think it’s fair to use that word if you don’t know what we’re doing," Turner said. "(I) don’t think it’s fair without really digging in and saying, ‘What were you doing? What were you trying to accomplish in that drill? Why wasn’t this going on?’ You don’t know the medical situation and all of that. I’m happy with what Josh is doing." The uber-talented second-year pro has five catches for 99 yards through two preseason games.

Rotoworld:

Browns OC Norval Turner bristles at the idea that Josh Gordon has been "loafing" in practice.
"I don’t think it’s fair to use that word if you don’t know what we’re doing," Turner said. "(I) don’t think it’s fair without really digging in and saying, ‘What were you doing? What were you trying to accomplish in that drill? Why wasn’t this going on?’ You don’t know the medical situation and all of that. I’m happy with what Josh is doing." The uber-talented second-year pro has five catches for 99 yards through two preseason games.

Reminds me of the excuses made for Moss. When a guy is a stud the coach will go out of his way to defend him.

Im really hoping Flash has a quiet 3rd preseason game. Even with the 2 game suspension I havent seen him really falling past the 7th lately.

It's funny that there's so much talk about him not working hard enough. All I ever here on the radio is that he's dominating in practice. Tony Grossi, who has covered the Browns forever, said tonight that if Richardson and Gordon both lived 100% up to their talent Gordon would be the better player.

I guess dominating and loafing aren't mutually exclusive. Moss dominated the whole league.

didn't get to camp this year, so i have no first hand knowledge of how he's looked.

is it possible that it's more noticeable when a "dominating" (not saying he is, just going off of others comments) player takes plays off? i mean, would anyone really notice if Josh Cooper took a play off?

I'm expecting Terrell Owens 2nd year numbers.....60- 936- 8tds. I just hope he can keep away from the weed during his suspension.

Rotoworld:

Greg Little was cited for speeding Monday in Cuyahoga County (OH).
Little was stopped at roughly 8:30 P.M. for doing 81 MPH in a 60 MPH zone and was given a ticket. He also received a speeding ticket back in April for doing 127 MPH on the Jennings Freeway in Cleveland. Little's starting receiver counterpart, Josh Gordon, has a fascination for driving fast, as well. Gordon was ticketed for doing 98 MPH in a 60 MPH zone last week, and was also clocked going 45 MPH in a 25 MPH in April. Gordon reportedly skipped his court date, while Little is due in court on September 4. The Browns "are aware" of the situation and have called the duo's driving records "unacceptable."

Related: Josh Gordon

Source: 19 Action News

Rotoworld:

Greg Little was cited for speeding Monday in Cuyahoga County (OH).
Little was stopped at roughly 8:30 P.M. for doing 81 MPH in a 60 MPH zone and was given a ticket. He also received a speeding ticket back in April for doing 127 MPH on the Jennings Freeway in Cleveland. Little's starting receiver counterpart, Josh Gordon, has a fascination for driving fast, as well. Gordon was ticketed for doing 98 MPH in a 60 MPH zone last week, and was also clocked going 45 MPH in a 25 MPH in April. Gordon reportedly skipped his court date, while Little is due in court on September 4. The Browns "are aware" of the situation and have called the duo's driving records "unacceptable."

Related: Josh Gordon

Source: 19 Action News
Speeding isn't the end of the world, but just shows Gordon's high knucklehead factor.

I have a hard time getting worked up over guys speeding when they are likely driving 600+ hp cars.

I have a hard time getting worked up over guys speeding when they are likely driving 600+ hp cars.
This. And 25MPH speed limites are horse####. The only time I made sure I adhered to that BS was when I was driving up a curvy mountain road in Glacier National Park in Montana probably 10,000 feet above my landing death zone if I went thru a guardrail.

This. And 25MPH speed limites are horse####. The only time I made sure I adhered to that BS was when I was driving up a curvy mountain road in Glacier National Park in Montana probably 10,000 feet above my landing death zone if I went thru a guardrail.
most 25mph speed zones (at least around Cleveland) are in densely populated residential areas. curious what about that is "horse####"?

and 127 on the Jennings is a bit excessive.

i do my fair share of speeding, but that's just kind of stupid.

most 25mph speed zones (at least around Cleveland) are in densely populated residential areas.curious what about that is "horse####"?
Not sure what you are getting at. So, in residential areas, pedestrians are more likely to walk in front of/expect right of passage to oncoming traffic because they expect the car to be going 25MPH instead of 50MPH?

most 25mph speed zones (at least around Cleveland) are in densely populated residential areas.curious what about that is "horse####"?
Not sure what you are getting at. So, in residential areas, pedestrians are more likely to walk in front of/expect right of passage to oncoming traffic because they expect the car to be going 25MPH instead of 50MPH?
Densely populated areas generally have lots if children outside playing. If you think a 25 mph speed limit is stupid in those areas, then you obviously aren't a very intelligent person.

Densely populated areas generally have lots if children outside playing. If you think a 25 mph speed limit is stupid in those areas, then you obviously aren't a very intelligent person.
It's funny how perspectives change over time and situation. I used to fly through neighborhoods when I was young and didn't see what the big deal was (not crazy insane fast, but 40 in a 25 wasn't too unusual). My reactions were good and felt like I could handle anything I needed to quickly enough.

Then I had kids.

No, kids shouldn't be on the street. Yes, good parents should be watching them closely. But anybody who has kids knows S happens. And no matter how young and cool you think you are, you have a LOT less time to avoid stuff doing 45 than you do at 25 or 30. And if you kill one of my kids who happens fall off of his scooter from the sidewalk and into the street doing 45 when doing 30 would have saved his life, you might just join him in the afterlife.

It's like drunk driving. Nobody thinks it's a big deal until somebody is dead.

Rotoworld:

Josh Gordon will start in the Browns' third preseason game.
Even though Gordon is suspended for the first two weeks, the Browns have treated him as their No. 1 receiver throughout camp. His transition back into the lineup Week 3 should be seamless. Gordon's two-game ban could actually be a good thing for savvy fantasy owners -- his ADP has sunk into rounds eight and nine.

Im pretty sure Ive never even seen a speed limit sign in a neighborhood. Its common sense to drive slow in those areas.

Users who are viewing this thread