What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (6 Viewers)

Salfino is tweeting about posting some video with Feely..

Michael Salfino @MichaelSalfino · 10m
Jay Feely, a rep and intimately involved in negotiations, very clearly INTIMATED that Gordon WILL NOT be suspended for any games.
"Very Clearly Intimated"

:lol:

That quote sums up this thread quite nicely.
Here's the media in question.
Great link, thanks.

Feely seems pretty sure about it, for sure.

I love this thread. I love the loyal Joshists. I love the haters. I love the rampant speculation that is right then wrong then right then wrong then completely ambiguous. This is the greatest thread the shark pool has ever seen.

I love this thread. I love the loyal Joshists. I love the haters. I love the rampant speculation that is right then wrong then right then wrong then completely ambiguous. This is the greatest thread the shark pool has ever seen.
100%

I'll be honest. I own Gordon in two leagues, but if there's a god in heaven, Gordon will have his suspension fully cleared, then roll his Escalade on the highway with 4 drunk Girl Scouts on board.

It's pretty good but I can't say it tops the Tebow thread.

I'll cry regardless.

no games, 8 games. 16 games.

Tears for different reasons.

Bless you all for this gorgeous rollercoaster ride

Much like Pettine, Ill believe it when I see it... But it's looking good right now.

But been burned by the league more than once. So while Im going coocoo bananas, Im still not 100% convinced.... yet

I still don't get why his suspension would be reduced. He wouldn't have popped positive at all under the new policy. Should be erased entirely.

ETA: But I'll happily take 8 games.
Because he did "pop positive." The new policy wasn't in place then.

You can't go back in time. "I don't understand how she got pregnant; I bought condoms the day after we had sex. The pregnancy should never have happened."

If his suspension is reduced, he should just say "thank you." They could just as easily say "the suspensions already levied will remain in place."
Okay, but then why is Welker supposedly getting off?
Welker was popped for using amphetamines in the off-season, which under the existing policy was a PED violation which carries a suspension for the first violation.

Under the new system, reports are that amphetamine use during the season would still be a PED violation, but in the off season as Welker did would be treated as a substance abuse violation. So instead of being a first strike PED violation which carried a suspension, it would become a 1st strike substance abuse violation whose penalty is being put in the substance abuse program and getting tested more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I legit have no hard feelings for anyone in this thread except for one obvious person.

Love all you guys. Whether you were w me or against me. That's what forums are for. This is such a great escape from worklife

Note to self: The following either have poor sources, regurgitate other news or work for the evil side pushing the evil sides agenda as this 8 games suspension thing got pretty out of hand.

Mary Kay Cabot

Adam Schefter

Mike Garafolo

Clearly that is not an option from the Feely video who is actually a person involved in the talks. It's all or none.

be careful how much stock you put in a kicker

:)
True, Gould cost me a game last season with a missed extra point. I might have to reverse my position if Feely turns out to miss this ... what appears to be a "chip shot". I'm still not 100% certain Josh will see the field, but I am certain the NFLPA is fighting for him to not serve 8 games.

Note to self: The following either have poor sources, regurgitate other news or work for the evil side pushing the evil sides agenda as this 8 games suspension thing got pretty out of hand.

Mary Kay Cabot

Adam Schefter

Mike Garafolo

Clearly that is not an option from the Feely video who is actually a person involved in the talks. It's all or none.
Add Rapoport, Rosenthal, and Breer to this list, as they were the ones who originally stated that the new policy would only apply to players who failed tests in 2014 (league year).

The eight-game suspension makes no sense. I've only seen that sourced from Adam Schefter and the one Fox guy in Ohio whom seems unlikely to have better resources than the national guys. Has this been sourced anywhere else?

If Gordon gets 8 games, I will pick up Jay Feely in all my leagues, just to cut him. Swear to god, I will post the transaction log.

So it's now Schefter's source/word versus Feely's?

This is just amazing, everytime it seems like everyone's on the same page there's another twist added to the plot.

I'll temper the enthusiasm by saying you guys are drawing some conclusions from the Feely video that he did not specifically say. And he says "the end of last season who tested positive". So we still don't know where Gordon will fall in all of this, since he was popped last season and suspended a month ago. How does "retroactively" effect Gordon? That's still up in the air imo.

This thread is like watching Apollo creed vs rocky in the first movie. Haymaker after haymaker. Both sides hitting the mat and both sides getting back up. Very entertaining.

8 games is perfect for my psyche.

If he gets 16 games, well, after 8 games, I'm only missing out on a few more and he may not have been as effective anyway.

If he gets 8 games, I'm prepared for it and I can use him during the playoffs, hopefully.

If he gets < 8 games, then :excited:

I highlighted the hilarious part:

http://screencast.com/t/KImxyKCZA8q

Michael Salfino @MichaelSalfino · 56s

But then I said, "Show was aired hours ago and no one said anything, so, nah." But then I remembered that coverage sucks, so….
He is so right... this aired hours ago and no news picked up on it, it took Michael Salfino to rewind his DVR and discover the hard evidence was right there from a reliable source. Meanwhile all these "insiders" were reporting 8 games like it was a forgone conclusion. Heck they were even displaying 8 games by Josh Gordon's name on ESPN as he was spilling the beans. I also have to hand it to Mort cos he had it right days ago and never waivered.

This thread is like watching Apollo creed vs rocky in the first movie. Haymaker after haymaker. Both sides hitting the mat and both sides getting back up. Very entertaining.
I couldn't be happier owning Gordon in two leagues, just to incentivize me to "F5, F5, F5" this thread all day season long.

Well worth the price of admission.

I legit have no hard feelings for anyone in this thread except for one obvious person.

Love all you guys. Whether you were w me or against me. That's what forums are for. This is such a great escape from worklife
I picked him up in four leagues last Thursday. I just don't know what the risk was. What, I was going to pass on Forsett?

198 user(s) are reading this topic
91 members, 103 guests, 4 anonymous users

grateful zed, everydayj, crowe1130, LawFitz, KellysHeroes, ROYALWITCHEESE, Bracie Smathers, PVCap99, CYP, ntz08, ESPN Mike, FinHead, greedygoat, avoiding injuries, SCT, SaintsInDome2006, SengerCJ, gonzobill5, Dr. Jones, Harris, ThreeThousand, RydeTL, NJ, CowboysHomer, wildbill, vesihiisi, buck naked, maf005, sneakerfreak, The Gator, gianmarco, bigfeet_88, mquinnjr, Henry Ford, Childress, Ojaays, Bamac, skinsrule05, mistersuits, RabidSniper4, steviey, Blick, JAK Straw, dtroitkid, BroadwayG, Portis Homer, Payne, Gustavo Fring, VandyMan, cheif, placebo, Mile High, mbrasi, Sandeman, R Dizzle, BroncosFan07, GoodLloydHaveMercy, Football Menace, Real Man of Genius, steelwind, Jimbo Slice, thornberry, bicycle_seat_sniffer, NDyse10, SameSongNDance, I Love Your Fantasy Team, Srh13, Baeddel Moon, shoecrew22, Bayhawks, HugeUpside, Soulfly3, This_Guy, shadyridr, JeromeBrown, mrfrood, Wooderson, lfh3, Franknbeans, DAG, Johnny Blood, Reegus, fantasy stud, takensguy, Bronx Bomber, tandl71, Bad Mojo, wakelawyer, Neil Beaufort Zod, brewer, Giant Wooden Badger

What are you Gordon guys doing here with the latest news. I know it's all still speculation, but I don't love the idea of holding the empty roster spot on my team till week 10 when I'm (hopefully) making a playoff push.

You gonna stick it out, or if you can flip him for a RB2 (Ellington, Jennings, Vereen) or a WR2-3 (Edelman, Wright, Roddy) would you?

By the way - 200 Pages. This reminds me of the first Star Trek movie where the Voyager probe ("Veeger") just kept going and going and going until it damn near was master of the Universe.

Users who are viewing this thread