What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Justin Jefferson, MIN (1 Viewer)

Definitely bad for Jeffersons numbers barring a miracle.
But hey, Josh Gordon set records with Josh Campbell, so miracles do happen.

JJ and Addison owners have valid reasons to be concerned about their production this year. Cousins will be missed.

Herein lies the issue... Is it JUST this season? I mean, ya, it's almost a lock they move on from Darnold, but then what? A rookie QB? he gonna be any good?
I absolutely hate unknowns with my studs and their QBs. Couldnt be more unknown w these guys because you know Darnold is a placeholder.

Don't know if Washington would accept, but I could see Vikings offering the farm for the 1.2 pick. As a Washington fan I'd take it.

This is really a career killer for JJ. He'll still have good games...he is a stud but he is going to have a lot of 3 for 22 games mixed in. Anyway, you cut it the Vikings are moving into QB he$$ for the next couple of years and those are prime years for JJ.

If they get super lucky then maybe with 2 years they are within Cousins level of productivity but as everyone knows the QB drought could go on for 1/2 a decade

This is really a career killer for JJ.
That’s a bit dramatic.

IMO for FF he’ll be fine. His ceiling may be capped. As I’d said yesterday, he may fall into the tier with Lamb & Chase, where before he was in his own tier, but I can’t see the drop-off being that substantial so long as MIN peppers him with targets.

And that’s likely just 2024. I expect his career to be long and full. He is just 24, so…

He was good with Mullens, could not survive Jarren Hall. I'd be a lot more worried about Addison. I'm not very worried about JJ, only going to give him a little ding.

Since January I've been doing some redrafts and had the top tier of WR's ranked Lamb, Tyreek, JJ and Chase as my top tier of 4. ASB led the next tier. If I was slotting in JJ now I'd probably have to take him from tier one, but would still have him leading tier two over ASB.

That’s a bit dramatic.

IMO for FF he’ll be fine. His ceiling may be capped. As I’d said yesterday, he may fall into the tier with Lamb & Chase, where before he was in his own tier, but I can’t see the drop-off being that substantial so long as MIN peppers him with targets.

And that’s likely just 2024. I expect his career to be long and full. He is just 24, so…
Yeah, the overreaction of Jefferson possibly playing with Darnold for a year is crazy.

Think Jameis playing in TB with Evans and Godwin but better. Jefferson will get a massive amount of targets and while Darnold has many faults as a QB, a weak arm isn't one of them. And yes, I do think the year in SF helped him on the mental part of the game.

He was good with Mullens, could not survive Jarren Hall. I'd be a lot more worried about Addison. I'm not very worried about JJ, only going to give him a little ding.

Since January I've been doing some redrafts and had the top tier of WR's ranked Lamb, Tyreek, JJ and Chase as my top tier of 4. ASB led the next tier. If I was slotting in JJ now I'd probably have to take him from tier one, but would still have him leading tier two over ASB.
I would not have JJ as a top tier with those guys.. He is probably a Tier 2 now.. I would probably put him as a mid Tier 2.

Minnesota may trade JJ, right?
They might have too, if A) They want to have a choice in what rookie QB they get, and B) Seeing Darnold as QB1 makes Jefferson demand a trade or ask for like 40 million a year.

Its pretty much Jefferson and Darrisaw as all the tradeable talent they have that would greatly increase draft position.

Higgins Jefferson trade rumor being talked about here in Cincy
Chases twitter is giving cryptic updates
We shall see
Chase has always wanted to reunite the band. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if CEH ended up in Cinci as a backup.

I think a Higgins/Jefferson swap would require a lot added by the Bengals, like at least the #18 pick, and probably an additional day 2 pick this year or next.

I have not read anywhere that JJ requested a trade, however given MIN does not appear to have a plan at QB it makes almost no sense for the Vikings to pay a WR a record contract. I did see where JJ was advocating for Fields.MIN better have a plan behind the scenes, how you neglect any plan for the most important position on the team is beyond me.

Minnesota may trade JJ, right?
They might have too, if A) They want to have a choice in what rookie QB they get, and B) Seeing Darnold as QB1 makes Jefferson demand a trade or ask for like 40 million a year.

Its pretty much Jefferson and Darrisaw as all the tradeable talent they have that would greatly increase draft position.

Higgins Jefferson trade rumor being talked about here in Cincy
Chases twitter is giving cryptic updates
We shall see
Chase has always wanted to reunite the band.
That would be insane and a hell of a lot of fun to watch

I thought I’d seen that he did request a trade.
I have not seen that. I do not think the Vikings want to trade him nor has he asked. They are just working out an extension. JJ's happiness and whether or not the Vikings would be open to trading him will be decided by how that goes.
I definitely read that they’re working on an extension worth upwards of 30M a year.

If that doesn’t make JJ happy I’m not sure what would.

I would not have JJ as a top tier with those guys.. He is probably a Tier 2 now.. I would probably put him as a mid Tier 2.
I’m with @menobrown here. He shouldn’t fall past Lamb/Chase. If he is tier 2, he’s the top of tier 2 ahead of ARSB.

If I’m in any redraft in 2024 & it goes Chase -> Lamb -> me, JJ is not getting past me.

I’m with @menobrown here. He shouldn’t fall past Lamb/Chase. If he is tier 2, he’s the top of tier 2 ahead of ARSB.

If I’m in any redraft in 2024 & it goes Chase -> Lamb -> me, JJ is not getting past me.
Interesting. I've got Tyreek Hill ahead of all those guys in redraft, or were you just assuming he'd go WR1?

ETA: If Darnold is starting week 1, I'm taking AJ Brown over Jefferson, especially with Kellen Moore (and his #1 WR scheming) now being the Eagles OC.

Interesting. I've got Tyreek Hill ahead of all those guys in redraft, or were you just assuming he'd go WR1?
I have Lamb ahead of all of them for 2024

Tyreek worries me a little. He’s not the biggest dude, and he has a propensity to get dinged up. He did last year, and yeah - he put up huge numbers last season. I hate paying for those numbers. I also have concerns about Tua.

I just happen to be more a believer in Lamb. I think Chase will go before JJ, but if I’m choosing I take JJ over Chase. Personal preference.

It’s March though. I may change my position as we get nearer to the draft. I completely understand someone preferring Hill to JJ, or Chase over all of them.

But my overarching point is that I believe JJ is still a top tier WR with Hill, Chase, & Lamb. I probably should have listed Hill in my prior post - that was an oversight on my part.

What order you have those 4 in comes down to personal preference. I won’t judge anyone for that. But JJ was the clear WR1 prior to losing Cousins. Now it’s not so clear.

That’s my point.

It might actually make sense to trade Jefferson if their QB situation is bottom 3.
Get picks, free up future cap, get better picks the next two years cause he's not on your team anymore.......
It would at least make sense now. When I thought they would still have cousins then now.
Now they have nothing

ETA: If Darnold is starting week 1, I'm taking AJ Brown over Jefferson, especially with Kellen Moore (and his #1 WR scheming) now being the Eagles OC.
No, redraft.

Actually first draft of the year I did I was picking 1.2. Knew my draft pick a few days before the slow draft started and knew CMC was likely going 1.1 so had a good healthy thought about it. Was first draft of the year, no ADP existed. Mulled it hard, can for sure see why someone would prefer Tyreek or one of the others. I settled on Lamb.

Main reason was boiled down to age. Both of them showed equal immense upside, could not forecast any significant change to their coaching staff or QB or way's they would be used. Both are a stretch to come up with a risk. But to me regardless of whether you showed it the previous season or not I classify a WR hitting his age 30 season as a risk. It's small no doubt, but it's the little things that make seperation.

FWIW my take is not the unique, Lamb's ADP right now in this contest for the month of March is actually 2.

I am no forecasting an uptick for AJB's usage, in fact down just a tad in part to mainly to prescence of Barkely and a third WR may might thrrow to just a little more. Darnold won't be scaring me off but as I know from other threads we don't see that signing the same.

What teams in the league would be possibly be willing to trade a large amount of draft capital for JJ and sign him to a record breaking contract?
Houston?
They did have a JJ Watt.
If I had to bet on it, JJ is staying in Minny and catching passes from JJ after Minny trades up to pick 5 with the Chargers.
I've thought the Chargers are a very strong candidate to trade down.

ETA: Could easily see the Chargers taking Bowers at #11, if they swapped with the Vikings.

That’s a bit dramatic.

It's only a career killer because JJ had a real chance to be a guy that sets some records because he came out so strong.

I think he drops into the 5-10 range. As I said above, I think he still has games where they pepper him with targets and he does well but those will be mixed in with games where he is 3 for 17 more often than we would like as fantasy owners.

His +150 games are probably gone mostly

And that's the optimistic outlook...Vikings might be another team that just enters QB purgatory for the next 5 years

That’s a bit dramatic.

It's only a career killer because JJ had a real chance to be a guy that sets some records because he came out so strong.

I think he drops into the 5-10 range. As I said above, I think he still has games where they pepper him with targets and he does well but those will be mixed in with games where he is 3 for 17 more often than we would like as fantasy owners.

His +150 games are probably gone mostly

And that's the optimistic outlook...Vikings might be another team that just enters QB purgatory for the next 5 years

JJ is a beast, but people are over estimating Sam Darnold IMO. He stinks.

There will be a lot of games where JJ will have 3/35 yards with him as QB.

What teams in the league would be possibly be willing to trade a large amount of draft capital for JJ and sign him to a record breaking contract?
Houston?
They did have a JJ Watt.
If I had to bet on it, JJ is staying in Minny and catching passes from JJ after Minny trades up to pick 5 with the Chargers.
I've thought the Chargers are a very strong candidate to trade down.

ETA: Could easily see the Chargers taking Bowers at #11, if they swapped with the Vikings.
Exactly. It makes a lot of sense to me on paper, which means it probably won't happen lol

Sorry to put a damper in people's fantasy fun fiction :

Dianna Russini

@DMRussini
·
40m

The Vikings came close to extending WR Justin Jefferson last offseason. In Indy, GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah aggressively rejected the idea of trading the star. Kirk Cousins’ departure hasn’t changed things. The Vikings have no plans to trade Jefferson, sources tell me and
@alec_lewis

Eifert is hinting of a possible trade to the Bengals, though this may be an unsubstantiated rumor.

Dianna Russini

@DMRussini
·
40m

The Vikings came close to extending WR Justin Jefferson last offseason. In Indy, GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah aggressively rejected the idea of trading the star. Kirk Cousins’ departure hasn’t changed things. The Vikings have no plans to trade Jefferson, sources tell me and
@alec_lewis
That's what every team says about players before they trade them though

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
·
40m

@alec_lewis
Not really. They have zero interest in trading him, it's just fan fiction based on nothing credible.

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
·
40m

@alec_lewis
Not really. They have zero interest in trading him, it's just fan fiction based on nothing credible.
Well, IMO, it's based on my thoughts that they should explore trading him because it just might be best for the team longer term.
Also based on my opinion that Jefferson is not ONLY about the money and just might also prefer to not have hot trash at QB again.

But as I said, there's a long list of players who were traded after quotes saying they wouldn't be.
Why come out and publicly say you wanna trade a guy? Hurts the value and pisses off the player (unless the player tells you to trade him, but even then you don't do that cause it hurts the value).

Dianna Russini
@DMRussini
·
40m

@alec_lewis
Well, IMO, it's based on my thoughts that they should explore trading him because it just might be best for the team longer term.
Also based on my opinion that Jefferson is not ONLY about the money and just might also prefer to not have hot trash at QB again.

But as I said, there's a long list of players who were traded after quotes saying they wouldn't be.
Why come out and publicly say you wanna trade a guy? Hurts the value and pisses off the player (unless the player tells you to trade him, but even then you don't do that cause it hurts the value).

I think the list of players teams say they are not trading and don't is quite a bit longer then the list of players they trade. Not everything is a lie.

He's a great player and they got cap space, not sure how it makes them better. He has also expressed no desire to be traded, not anything reported. I'm sure he believes in his talent, regardless of the QB, who I think has a chance for a Geno/Baker type turnaround-if he even has the job.

I'll say again it's just fan fiction because a bunch of JJ owners want him traded does not mean it's happening. It's a moot point to me.

Users who are viewing this thread