What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Laquon Treadwell, SEA (5 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Vikings signed WR Laquon Treadwell.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Chad Beebe's (ankle) ongoing evaluation leaves Minnesota with minimal bodies at the position, hence bringing back someone familiar with the offense. Minnesota's first-round pick in 2016, Treadwell totaled 56 catches over three seasons during his time in Minnesota. The Vikings' run-first offense is having a hard enough time supporting both Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, so Treadwell or rookie Olabisi Johnson will be afterthoughts in three-wide sets.

SOURCE: Courtney Cronin on Twitter

Sep 24, 2019, 10:45 AM ET

Laquon Treadwell caught 1-of-2 targets for a 58-yard touchdown in the Vikings' Week 13 loss to the Seahawks.

Left wide open down the right side, Treadwell walked into the end zone. It was his first touchdown of the season and second of his career. He's obviously not a fantasy option in this two- and three-TE offense with Adam Thielen nearing a return.

Dec 3, 2019, 12:27 AM ET

And look I know I know I know it's camp fluff piece time, but it's actually really refreshing to read how Treadwell has really improved his mental approach to the game. This article is worth a read:

https://eu.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/08/07/laquon-treadwell-good-frame-mind-he-tries-resurrect-his-career/5450242001/

We're so obsessed with stats and production that the human side of players is usually ignored. But it's really nice to read that he has such a healthy outlook now on his football life and career. At a minimum you have to be happy for the guy.

For him to even carve out a 10-year journeyman career after his epically poor first few seasons would be incredible.

And look I know I know I know it's camp fluff piece time, but it's actually really refreshing to read how Treadwell has really improved his mental approach to the game. This article is worth a read:

https://eu.jacksonville.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/08/07/laquon-treadwell-good-frame-mind-he-tries-resurrect-his-career/5450242001/

We're so obsessed with stats and production that the human side of players is usually ignored. But it's really nice to read that he has such a healthy outlook now on his football life and career. At a minimum you have to be happy for the guy.

For him to even carve out a 10-year journeyman career after his epically poor first few seasons would be incredible.
I think its great that the Jaguars have a mental health expert for their players to work with.

Treadwell has made some poor decisions in the past such as practicing at 3 AM and then of course dragging ### later in the afternoon because he got to the facility too early.

Its not a lack of effort on his part, just poor judgement about some things.

I have seen Treadwell make some outstanding catches in games at times. He hasn't been consistent though and it sounds like that is what he is working on now. I wish him the best.

If he actually beats out some of his competition in the WR room I would take it more as a indictment of the Jaguars current WR talent than a sign of Treadwell turning a corner in his development. The other guys were out is the main reason he was getting more reps.

I know Marvin Jones is a better WR than Treadwell is. No question in my mind about that. Not sure about their other WRs.

Laquon Treadwell played 63-of-73 snaps Week 12 against the Falcons.

That number was second-most among the wide receivers and 10 more than Laviska Shenault. Treadwell did end up with one fewer target than Shenault, but he led the team with 53 receiving yards. This passing game is not good enough to chase any of the options, but this usage is at least noteworthy. 

Nov 29, 2021, 11:29 AM ET

Laquon Treadwell caught 4-of-5 targets for 62 yards in Jacksonville's Week 13 loss to the Rams.

His 62 receiving yards were a team-high mark as Treadwell, for better or worse, has emerged as Jacksonville's No. 1 receiver by default in their last two games without Jamal Agnew. Although he's recorded a team-high 13 targets in that stretch, Treadwell is not worth rostering outside of deep 14-team leagues.

Dec 6, 2021, 7:42 AM ET

In my neverending search to find that retread player waiting to emerge, I have fallen upon Treadwell. 

Last 3 games during the dumpster fire that was Jacksonville's offense, Treadwell found a rapport with Lawrence. He's averaging 4 catches and 60 yards on 6 targets during that span. Now with Urban gone and the offense hopefully opening up, it will be interesting to see if he can build on that with Lawrence. 

Just food for thought to those that are desperately looking for bodies with all the Covid cases. 

Love seeing him potentially develop late into a reliable possession guy (I know he had a big play last week, not sure about this week, but seems like more of a 9-10 YPR guy). I still believe in Lawrence and I want the guy he decides he trusts, even if it’s just his WR2 that’s a good (free) depth piece. Great redemption story too if it continues. I picked him up as a playoff depth piece after his first two decent games and I haven’t regretted it. Play in pretty deep leagues too so it was a nice find. 

Seahawks signed WR Laquon Treadwell to the 53-player roster.​

Treadwell, 28, a former first round pick, will get a three-game tryout for the Seahawks, who will be without Tyler Lockett (finger) for at least one week. In 2021, Treadwell caught 33 of 51 targets for 434 yards and a touchdown for the Jaguars, coming on strong in the season's final month. He has a long way to go before he's fantasy relevant in the pass-heavy Seattle offense.
SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
Dec 20, 2022, 11:36 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread