What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nico Collins, HOU (1 Viewer)

This guy is going to make my fourth keeper decision interesting in a TE premium league. I had drafted Kincaid in hopes of getting a keeper at TE, but I ended up with McBride and I think I am almost 100% sure I will keep him. So the fourth keeper comes down to Kincaid or Collins and Collins seems way in the lead, especially since I do not have a WR keeper.

Lots of things could change have between now and next year and it will be fun to analyze and debate Tank Dell’s future impact on Collins also. I also loved Tank this year and owned him in several other redraft leagues.

What a year for both Nico & the Texans!

I'm jealous of people that lucked into this pick. He is Top 3 wr for the rest of his career in fantasy if not top. Stroud and him are going to be something for the next 7 years

It took a few years but I don't feel as bad as I did that day when I missed on St Brown

Wow. I think for value and past scoring, I'd still rather have had St. Brown, but who knew? You had determination and college production vs. the size/speed combination with lack of college production. One translated by the end of his rookie year, the other we've seen this year what he can be when he's cooking.
Yes I would much rather have St Brown but like I said "I don't feel as bad now as I did that day"............I still rather have St Brown but 2 years ago when St Brown was balling out and Nico was doing nothing I felt horrible now I just "don't feel as bad"

I would way rather have this guy. St. Brown is benefiting from Goff and the system which is about to be turned on its head when they switch qbs and OCs. Stroud to Collins is $$$ for the next 1/2 decade

It took a few years but I don't feel as bad as I did that day when I missed on St Brown

Wow. I think for value and past scoring, I'd still rather have had St. Brown, but who knew? You had determination and college production vs. the size/speed combination with lack of college production. One translated by the end of his rookie year, the other we've seen this year what he can be when he's cooking.
Yes I would much rather have St Brown but like I said "I don't feel as bad now as I did that day"............I still rather have St Brown but 2 years ago when St Brown was balling out and Nico was doing nothing I felt horrible now I just "don't feel as bad"

I would way rather have this guy. St. Brown is benefiting from Goff and the system which is about to be turned on its head when they switch qbs and OCs. Stroud to Collins is $$$ for the next 1/2 decade
Counterpoint: I love Collins, but HOU is loaded with WR talent in Collins, Dell, and potentially Hutchinson. When Dell is healthy, Collins isn’t as much of a target sponge. I also expect HOU to become more balanced as their defense improves. They brought in a defensive minded coach. I expect their next draft to lean that way.

I love Nico Collins, but I have zero concerns about ARSB falling off if/when DET moves in from Goff or this system. ARSB has a knack for getting open in the short and intermediate levels, and has solid YAC ability.

So yeah - i still have ARSB firmly above him in my personal rankings.

Nico has a better ceiling for these preposterous boom games. ARSB a higher floor & IMO, long term outlook.

Counterpoint: I love Collins, but HOU is loaded with WR talent in Collins, Dell, and potentially Hutchinson. When Dell is healthy, Collins isn’t as much of a target sponge. I also expect HOU to become more balanced as their defense improves. They brought in a defensive minded coach. I expect their next draft to lean that way.

I love Nico Collins, but I have zero concerns about ARSB falling off if/when DET moves in from Goff or this system. ARSB has a knack for getting open in the short and intermediate levels, and has solid YAC ability.

yeah - i still have ARSB firmly above him in my personal rankings.

Nico has a better ceiling for these preposterous boom games. ARSB a higher floor & IMO, long term outlook.

The beauty of fantasy is we all have different theories

But for me always take the stud wr with the extremely young stud qb. Collins situation couldn't be more stable for the next 7 years

But for me always take the stud wr with the extremely young stud qb. Collins situation couldn't be more stable for the next 7 years
Of course it could. We don't know who the true alpha [target wise] will be in that passing game when Tank is healthy. Nico is entering the final year of his rookie deal and for all we know he (or Houston) could price themselves out of resigning him. Theres also been some rumblings, at least around here, of Hou being a team that makes a play on one of these very good WRs that may shake loose. He's awesome, and had a breakout year and that's great, but top 3? Holy hell.

Slowik has been given a lot of credit for their O and there is a good chance he is in the mix for an HC job this offseason...

Of course it could. We don't know who the true alpha [target wise] will be in that passing game when Tank is healthy. Nico is entering the final year of his rookie deal and for all we know he (or Houston) could price themselves out of resigning him. Theres also been some rumblings, at least around here, of Hou being a team that makes a play on one of these very good WRs that may shake loose. He's awesome, and had a breakout year and that's great, but top 3? Holy hell.

Agree to disagree I guess. You have 4000 yards and 35tds every year in an offense vs an unknown situation. I suppose they could go out and pay big bucks for a high end wr and that will change things. Addison could turn out better that Jefferson on Minn as well but right now the Texans are a stable and awesome offense.

Agree to disagree I guess. You have 4000 yards and 35tds every year in an offense vs an unknown situation. I suppose they could go out and pay big bucks for a high end wr and that will change things. Addison could turn out better that Jefferson on Minn as well but right now the Texans are a stable and awesome offense.
You have a 1 season sample size and somehow are using that to claim it's amongst the most stable offenses in the league. This is beyond overreactionary as you continue to ignore other variables that would effect Nico's value - improved defense under a defensive minded hc, oc potentially getting hired away in the future, other top WR coming back, potential contract situation etc. Would these posts be taking place if he went 3/16 and hurt his ankle yesterday?

Again, I like Collins. But I can't see too many out there taking him in a start up over Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, ASB, Marvin Harrison Jr, G Wilson, Olave, Waddle, and arguably Nabers, Odunze and even Puka.

Of course it could. We don't know who the true alpha [target wise] will be in that passing game when Tank is healthy. Nico is entering the final year of his rookie deal and fo

r all we know he (or Houston) could price themselves out of resigning him. Theres also been some rumblings, at least around here, of Hou being a team that makes a play on one of these very good WRs that may shake loose. He's awesome, and had a breakout year and that's great, but top 3? Holy hell.

You have a 1 season sample size and somehow are using that to claim it's amongst the most stable offenses in the league. This is beyond overreactionary as you continue to ignore other variables that would effect Nico's value - improved defense under a defensive minded hc, oc potentially getting hired away in the future, other top WR coming back, potential contract situation etc. Would these posts be taking place if he went 3/16 and hurt his ankle yesterday?

Again, I like Collins. But I can't see too many out there taking him in a start up over Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, AJ Brown, ASB, Marvin Harrison Jr, G Wilson, Olave, Waddle, and arguably Nabers, Odunze and even Puka.

Like i said, agree to disagree. I suspect he is in the conversation after JJ/Chase/Lamb depending on where the rookies land...

Would imagine this guy will be one of the top "I can't believe I cut this guy" or "gave him away cheap in a trade" guys in dynasty discussion circles over the next few years.

I drafted him two leagues in round 3, cut him both times. For sure not alone as he's been cut a few times in my leagues and traded for peanuts in several.
I was very close to being in this exact group a couple different times.

I got Nico at the 5.04 in our rookie draft. I almost took him at the end of the 3rd because I didn’t think he’d make it back to me there and I didn’t have a 4th round pick.

Had him just stashed away on taxi until this season. He was an almost-cut numerous times, but I held onto him because I was a fan of his coming out of college and I thought there was a chance he just needed some decent QB play. Well, he got a more than decent upgrade in Stroud.

Just goes to show sometimes these throw-away 4th and 5th round rookie picks can really reveal some gems sometimes. Same guy in my league this past year got Reed in the late 3rd, Puka in the 4th and Tank in the 5th.

Would imagine this guy will be one of the top "I can't believe I cut this guy" or "gave him away cheap in a trade" guys in dynasty discussion circles over the next few years.

I drafted him two leagues in round 3, cut him both times. For sure not alone as he's been cut a few times in my leagues and traded for peanuts in several.

Just shows you the power of the QB in making or breaking a wr...

Of course it could. We don't know who the true alpha [target wise] will be in that passing game when Tank is healthy. Nico is entering the final year of his rookie deal and fo

r all we know he (or Houston) could price themselves out of resigning him. Theres also been some rumblings, at least around here, of Hou being a team that makes a play on one of these very good WRs that may shake loose. He's awesome, and had a breakout year and that's great, but top 3? Holy hell.

Like i said, agree to disagree. I suspect he is in the conversation after JJ/Chase/Lamb depending on where the rookies land...
KTC currently has him at WR21 (not sure how recently these have been updated but I'm guessing fairly recent.). If you are this high on him, you should be making offers in every one of your leagues you don't own him, because there's a very strong chance his current owner doesn't price him like a top 3 dynasty WR the way you are. You should be able to get him very cheap relative to the perceived value you have given him.

Just goes to show sometimes these throw-away 4th and 5th round rookie picks can really reveal some gems sometimes. Same guy in my league this past year got Reed in the late 3rd, Puka in the 4th and Tank in the 5th.
I'd like to pay that guy to run my fantasy leagues cause I'm simply not nearly as good as that.

Guessing IDP or FFPC or something. All those guys were in the 2nd to early 3rd in my leagues. Still the point remains.

I'd like to pay that guy to run my fantasy leagues cause I'm simply not nearly as good as that.

Guessing IDP or FFPC or something. All those guys were in the 2nd to early 3rd in my leagues. Still the point remains.
No IDP. 10 man 2QB TE Premium.

Reed went 3.07, Puka 4.04 and Tank 5.01.

No IDP. 10 man 2QB TE Premium.

Reed went 3.07, Puka 4.04 and Tank 5.01.
Way more understandable with that info, especially 2QB

KPRC2’s Aaron Wilson reports, “There is definitely mutual interest” between Nico Collins and the Texans to sign an extension.

Collins is now eligible for an extension heading into the fourth and final year of his rookie contract. The former third-round pick finally lived up to his potential in 2023, going for 80-1297-8 in 15 regular season contests while averaging an impressive 16.2 YPR. Collins said if a potential extension, “If [the Texans] want to negotiate, we can,” but it doesn’t sound like he’s pressing to get a deal done this offseason, also adding he will “let it ride” if that’s what the team wants to do. Regardless, it sounds like an extension between the two sides is more a matter of “when” than “if.”

Certainly a possibility to extend him now but Texans have A LOT of FA’s to extend this year. Could see them letting Nico go another year and keeping the tag in their back pocket if they can’t work anything out next offseason.

Pro Football Focus ranks Texans’ wide receiver as NFL superstar

Nico Collins is broadly viewed as one of the top young wide receivers in the NFL after tallying 80 catches and 1,297 yards in 2023. The folks at Pro Football Focus stripped that youth qualifier in its recent grading of wideouts from last season, placing Collins among the top of all receivers regardless of tenure.
Collins, a third-round pick by the Houston Texans in the 2021 NFL draft, finished 2023 as the No. 3 receiver in the entire NFL, per the PFF rankings. Miami Dolphins speedster and likely Hall of Fame wide receiver Tyreek Hill led the PFF rankings, with rising San Francisco 49ers star Brandon Aiyuk snagging the No. 2 spot.
Read PFF's write-up of Collins' ranking below:
"Collins ranked second in the NFL with an average of 3.11 yards per route run in 2023," PFF's Gordon McGuinness wrote. "It was a career year for the third-year Michigan product, who dropped just four of the 130 catchable passes thrown his way and forced 22 missed tackles on 126 receptions." Collins is undoubtedly a receiver on the rise entering 2024, though his ascent to No. 3 in PFF's ranking is surprising considering the pass-catcher talent across the sport. Dallas' CeeDee Lamb finished No. 6 on PFF's list despite snagging a league-best 135 receptions. Minnesota's Justin Jefferson needed just 10 games to tally 1,074 yards—one season after an 1,809-yard campaign—and yet he still finished No. 5 on the list. This isn't to criticize PFF's methodology, nor to suggest the outlet's rankings are sacrosanct. Instead, Texans' fans should revel in seeing Collins surrounded by the game's best wide receivers, a sentence rather unthinkable before the start of last season.

Users who are viewing this thread