What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nico Collins, HOU (1 Viewer)

On my draft list at his current ADP as I think he has the most upside of the HOU receivers. I know most others will like the shiny new toys but if Stroud hits I think Nico will be a big benefactor.
Agree. Want to grab him in as many leagues as I can. The only big body WR on the Texans. Rookie QB but at least he's talented

ESPN’s DJ Bien-Aime reports third-year pro Nico Collins has been No. 2 overall pick C.J. Stroud’s “favorite target” so far in offseason practices.
We are talking about pad-less practices in May and June, but the Texans certainly need Collins to step up and serve as the primary boundary threat in an offense with smaller wideouts like Robert Woods, Tank Dell and John Metchie. Slowed by injury and terrible quarterback play, Collins posted just a 37/481/2 line in 10 games last season. Headed into his age-24 season, a good fantasy outcome for Collins would be emerging as a touchdowns-based WR4.

I’m really excited about this guy as a breakout WR2 this year. He has everything you want in a WR 6’4”, 4.45 40yd, great hands, runs good routes, wins contested catches, and the coach is having him study Julio. CJ has already taken a liking to him. I see big things happening for Nico this year

Mentioned this in another thread, but I don't understand his ADP at all this entire off/pre season. Stroud is young and will make mistakes, but he is a damn good qb. Nico was a highly recruited WR out of highschool by all the blue bloods, played great in college, and all things considered was very productive last year with bad qb play. Stroud is a huge upgrade fantasy-wise and throws the ball downfield. Nico is a beast and understands how to play the position, and is by all accounts the defacto alpha WR in Houston. I would even trade for him before the season if I didn't have him in every single league I am in :ROFLMAO:

Mentioned this in another thread, but I don't understand his ADP at all this entire off/pre season. Stroud is young and will make mistakes, but he is a damn good qb. Nico was a highly recruited WR out of highschool by all the blue bloods, played great in college, and all things considered was very productive last year with bad qb play. Stroud is a huge upgrade fantasy-wise and throws the ball downfield. Nico is a beast and understands how to play the position, and is by all accounts the defacto alpha WR in Houston. I would even trade for him before the season if I didn't have him in every single league I am in :ROFLMAO:
He’s a value for sure given his status as de facto WR1 for his team. I just question how long that will remain the case. Here’s why I faded him (quoting myself from an earlier post)

I’d been a fan of Nico Collins since the 2021 draft process but after two years of seeing him in the NFL, I’m out. Has the size and athletic profile you want from a potential NFL WR1 but has been horribly inefficient with the targets he’s gotten and just doesn’t get yards. Any WR worth their salt has at least one 100-yard game to their name within their first two full seasons of action, and this guy doesn’t even have a 90-yard game. Houston, with their trash passing game, have had 8 different individual 100-yard performances (5 by Brandin Cooks, 2 by Chris Moore, and 1 by Danny Amendola). Also in 24 games played, Collins led the team in targets in only 3 of them. And to top it off he can’t seem to stay on the field. That’s not someone I put my confidence in.

Regarding the bolded part above, Wes Welker is the last guy I can think of with that type of resume who eventually became a top 36 fantasy WR (if anyone reading this can find any other recent examples, please share). If Collins does break out this season he’ll be an outlier. If I’m going to bet on an outlier, I’d rather bet on the bite-sized WR who has a knack for getting open and who was hand-picked by the new QB himself. But that’s just me.

Last edited:
He couldn't handle a team's top CB.
So what as far as development but for FF ya simply can't be comfortable until he produces regularly.

Could he perform well against a team's second or third CB? Maybe but Metchie or Dell would have to play excellent first.

Woods was awful in TEN when they gave him every opportunity over n over. He did leave saying he was happy for his freedom and all but I figure he's done.

Soooo we're all stuck waiting for Nico to improve against the best CBs. It's such a big ask

So what as far as development but for FF ya simply can't be comfortable until he produces regularly.

Could he perform well against a team's second or third CB? Maybe but Metchie or Dell would have to play excellent first.

Woods was awful in TEN when they gave him every opportunity over n over. He did leave saying he was happy for his freedom and all but I figure he's done.

Soooo we're all stuck waiting for Nico to improve against the best CBs. It's such a big ask
Nico does just fine against top CB's, it's his QB's that were the problem. If you actually watch this guy you'll see he runs clean crisp routes. He can get separation. He makes contested catches. He has great hands. I think you're going to be very pleasantly surprised by Nico this year

Reactions: Bri
All fair questions/concerns. But, with where he is going - there isn't a player who doesn't have concerns. Give me the defacto WR1 on a team with a brand new star young QB all day every day in the last few dart throw rounds.

He's been on of my favorite targets at cost.

Not going to tell anyone he's a WR1, but at cost, he can deliver good value/production.

Nico does just fine against top CB's, it's his QB's that were the problem. If you actually watch this guy you'll see he runs clean crisp routes. He can get separation. He makes contested catches. He has great hands. I think you're going to be very pleasantly surprised by Nico this year
He has to get open quicker as the first option.
I could mean "had to" I guess, new year.

Tough spot for him

I hope you're right

Thinning of dropping Nico for Dak Prescott. I like Nico this year, but I have CeeDeeLamb and like the combo. I also have Gino Smith and Cousins so I’d have 3 similar value QBs but idk. Any thoughts? My other WRs are Ridley, Evans, Pickens, & DJ Moore

Thinning of dropping Nico for Dak Prescott. I like Nico this year, but I have CeeDeeLamb and like the combo. I also have Gino Smith and Cousins so I’d have 3 similar value QBs but idk. Any thoughts? My other WRs are Ridley, Evans, Pickens, & DJ Moore

This is probably best suited for the Assistant Coach Forum. It's under the Our Forums tab. The janitorial staff will come by to address your issue sometime around 4 A.M. tomorrow.

In all seriousness, it's impossible to tell you in a vacuum. Post over there with league requirements, structure, and scoring, and you might find an answer or two waiting. It's a pain, but it's where specific questions sort of belong. Off the bat, it helps if you tell people if it's dynasty or redraft, superflex or not, etc. Any weird scoring skewing your decision should be noted.

Peace.

Pretty sure Nico Collins is going to score a long TD tomorrow. But this info is coming from a guy who started Toney *and* Skyy Moore Thursday so adjust accordingly.

This guy leads the team in targets by default right? Or does Dalton? Might be the worst receiving options in the league.

But this info is coming from a guy who started Toney *and* Skyy Moore Thursday so adjust accordingly.
Sorry man. Hopefully not on the same team. If it was, that has to be a world record for fewest points from two starting WRs who actually played the entire game.

Nico Collins caught 6-of-11 targets for 80 yards in the Texans’ Week 1 loss to the Ravens.

Collins also led the team with 11 targets on what was a relatively solid afternoon as far as fantasy is concerned. Collins biggest play of the day came on a 26-yard reception in the fourth quarter, as he caught a ball across the middle and immediately turned it up field for a nice run after the catch. Collins’ 11 targets marked a new career-high, and could turn into a trend as looks to takeover as the Texans’ No. 1 receiver. He’ll have some WR3 appeal in Week 2 against the Colts.

- Rotoworld

Collins finally has his first 100-yard game. I guess he’s the guy after all. Whatever I say about WR’s, do the exact opposite.

Sheesh- on all my benches. What a waste- looks like a true breakout and he will command more target share with this efficiency no doubt.

He looks good in the highlights. His release is often sooo much better. Definitely happy to have him and that he's on the right track

So he’s must start going forward right? Don’t think he’s being force fed but he is killing it with his opportunities. Catch rate, ypr, just dominating?

So he’s must start going forward right? Don’t think he’s being force fed but he is killing it with his opportunities. Catch rate, ypr, just dominating?
These last two weeks is exactly why I said upthread that his ADP made no sense. This guy is physically everything you could want, and finally has a QB who is locked in on him.

I don't see this changing at all. Obviously he isn't getting 20+ every week, but the Texans are going to be down more often than not, and while Stroud is immature and takes too many sacks - dude has a legit arm. Tank Dell is a nice underneath guy who is very twitchy, but Nico is the alpha. Give me all those targets! As Stroud grows the quality of target will grow as well.

Could easily finish top 10 in targets.

I think it's safe to say Nico is a solid WR2 at this point. The question now is how high is his ceiling? Does he have WR1 upside? It sounds crazy, but if he keeps getting targeted like he has the first two weeks, he'll be a 1,500 yard receiver with 10+ TD's. Can he keep this up? I doubt he'll do that well, but you never know. The guy has all the skills to thrive in the NFL and finally has a legit passer throwing to him. I'm all in on Nico!

Users who are viewing this thread